Does this quote kill Graham?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Does this quote kill Graham?

I'll start off by saying I think Brandon Graham would be great for the Pats. The biggest weakness of the Pats is their inability to get to the QB, and it's been a big issue for a while. And Graham can flat out get to the qb. He made the OT's at the Senior Bowl look silly, and, if you watch the clips, he's got a little Rodney Harrison attitude going for him when he's on the field. How many 3rd and 15's have the Pats given up? How many times have crappy QB's like Chad Henne ripped up their secondary? And, most importantly, how many premiere QB's have the Pats outplayed in the last three years? It think pass rush needs to be addressed, but I'm not certain whether BB would actually pick Graham based on this comment:

"I think the outside linebacker group this year was a little bit different," Belichick said. "Generally speaking, I'd say there were more shorter players, maybe a little less speed than what we've seen, but maybe a little more power with good production. There weren't a lot of 4.6, 4.65 guys in the [40-yard dash], and not a lot of 6-[foot]-4[-inch], 6-5 guys. There was a much smaller pool of those players."

What does everyone think? I'm of the opinion that his height premium is really hurting the Pats. I would agree with BB if the taller pass rushers in the NFL were far superior to the shorter ones, but that simply isn't the case. There are several shorter pass rushers that can wreck an offense, and I think Graham fits that criteria perfectly. And I'm confident he can hold up at the end of the line based on the power he showed when going up against interior lineman in college. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Does this quote kill Graham?

Isnt that quote from last years draft?  BB does eventually evolve, lets hope it is this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Unfortunately, BB's shown his stubborness over the past few years, holding out for a Willie McGinest clone while passing on guys like clay matthews because they lacked the "perfect size" by an inch or two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Funny thing about McGinest for a tall prototypical guy his early years weren't that great and he was having a hard time finding a position. I remember Parcells not being to happy with him or Slade at points of there time together. Parcells was asked if McGinist was like LT and he was offended by the question. He said they weren't even close, that LT took loosing alot harder. That was early in his carrer and he obviously evolved into a very competitive player, but it took time. He played DE in a 43 for a while, outside lb in the 34 and of course Carrol's elephant position. He battled alot of injuries early on and if you look at his stats they weren't all that impressive. Don't get me wrong if there was a McGinest in this draft I would trade up for him, we certainly miss his skill set, but some of these shorter guys are doing a nice job in the nfl.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Our defense was bad that game but I wouldn't say Chad Henne is crappy...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I don't think you could label Teddy B., as too tall Brew! How that work out for us??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

A key point would be how intelligent Graham is. If he's dumb why risk it. The point I'd make with Willie is that he was largely thought of as 4-3 DE as opposed to a 3-4 OLB which is what he was. Some players that are currently DEs in this draft could be looked at as potential OLB in the 3-4. Even a player like Suh would most likely be a 3-4 DE in contrast to playing the nose (he's what 6'5 310 that sounds alot like Seymour's size).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Could just be another BB smoke screen,you know that the disinformation starts once the scouting of potential draft choices commences,he (BB) is in the process of building his board,and I'm pretty sure that Graham is on the board someplace.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Chad Henne isn't crappy but I wouldn't call him good either. They should be able to beat a first year QB with an offense like the Dolphins. If they can't stop Henne they won't be stopping Manning or Brees.