Does this tick anyone else off?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Does this tick anyone else off?

Chung doesn't travel to Denver

December, 16, 2011
    Dec 16
    8:12
    PM ET
    ESPNBoston.com's Chris Forsberg reports that Patriots safety Patrick Chung was in attendance at Friday night's Boston Celtics scrimmage at TD Garden in Boston, meaning he did not travel with the team to Denver on Friday afternoon. He will miss his sixth consecutive game.

Chung was listed as doubtful with a foot injury on Friday's injury report, released shortly before the team departed for Denver. He could be downgraded to out as early as early as Friday night, but an announcement has yet to be made.

-------------------
    I realize going to a game isn't the same as playing in one, but shouldn't he be rehabing it or at least staying off of it if he can't even practice.
    This is disappointing to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

Re: Does this tick anyone else off?

Let's hope that he gets back out there this season, this is lingering

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Pezz, I agree as a fan but I'm sure everything is being done from an injury perspective to get him back out there. The one thing I don't understand (and maybe someone can help) is why doesn't he travel out and add support and intelligence from the sidelines?

Is it to save money for travel?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Players are allowed personal time too. I don't see an issue with it.

If you showed me a story that he's out at a club until 2am while the team is in Denver, THEN I'd have an issue.

He's nearly back, he's not at the point where he shouldn't be puting any weight on it and keep it elevated at all times. It's a hurt, and getting better, foot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Chung kind of ticks me off in general.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Does this tick anyone else off?:
    Pezz, I agree as a fan but I'm sure everything is being done from an injury perspective to get him back out there. The one thing I don't understand (and maybe someone can help) is why doesn't he travel out and add support and intelligence from the sidelines? Is it to save money for travel?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I don't think it's money. It's a chartered flight, one price for the whole plane regardless if it's 1 or 100 people.

I don't KNOW, but I suspect it has to do with: if a player isn't healthy enough to play, than rather have them follow around the team through 2 flights, and half a week in another town, it's more beneficial to stay home, rest up, and get any needed treatment.

Football has so many players, coaches and other personel and is so hectic, I don't view it like baseball or basketball where I would EXPECT injured players to be there supporting the team. Chung would be a ghost on the sideline like most non-participants.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The fact he was at a Celtics game, his body can't handle playing a contact sport or another high 2nd round pick paying no dividends this year?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Players are allowed personal time too. I don't see an issue with it. If you showed me a story that he's out at a club until 2am while the team is in Denver, THEN I'd have an issue. He's nearly back, he's not at the point where he shouldn't be puting any weight on it and keep it elevated at all times. It's a hurt, and getting better, foot.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Actually, he had been practicing up until this week where he did not practice at all. . He obviously had a set back enough to keep him from practicing but not enough to keep him from cheering on the C's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Maybe Bob wanted to save on the airfare?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

That's my point, if he can go out and cheer on the C's why can't he get the F on the sidelines and not only cheer the team he plays for but offer advice when needed?

Why wouln't you be kicking and screaming to be part of the team??

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That's my point, if he can go out and cheer on the C's why can't he get the F on the sidelines and not only cheer the team he plays for but offer advice when needed? Why wouln't you be kicking and screaming to be part of the team??
    Posted by Sam-Adams

BB doesn't let injured players watch from the sideline. Prime example not even Brady was allowed to roam the sidelines when injured.

Just BB's rules not Chungs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Pezz, I agree as a fan but I'm sure everything is being done from an injury perspective to get him back out there. The one thing I don't understand (and maybe someone can help) is why doesn't he travel out and add support and intelligence from the sidelines? Is it to save money for travel?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I think I read that Faulk went to every game last year and this, while he was IR'd.  Also every meeting.
    I just hope that this doesn't speak to Chungs dedication.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Does this tick anyone else off? : I think I read that Faulk went to every game last year and this, while he was IR'd.  Also every meeting. I just hope that this doesn't speak to Chungs dedication.
    Posted by pezz4pats

Faulk was the only injured player I can remember in recent memory that was on the sidelines during games.  Bruschi MAY have been but I don't remember.  It's very rare when it happens.   

In any case, it doesn't bother me that Chung was at the game.  It bothers me that he's not playing.  I think everyone expected him to return a week or two ago.  And now he's not practicing and is out?  Regress much?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Does this tick anyone else off? : I think I read that Faulk went to every game last year and this, while he was IR'd.  Also every meeting. I just hope that this doesn't speak to Chungs dedication.
    Posted by pezz4pats

It doesn't matter much if he's dedicated or not it seems. Safetys made out of porcelain can be as dedicated as a Tibetan monk and it won't matter if they can't stay on the field.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He will be playing next week...unless there is another setback

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

When I watch this guy play, I got to admit I think to myself...this guy needs to eat a sandwich. His wrists and ankles look so skinny and the guy just has this Delonte West sick appearance to me. I wonder if this guy will ever work out, because it seems like every game he DOES play, he gets up after making a tackle holding something - weather it be an arm or an ankle...it's always something.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

When I watch this guy play, I got to admit I think to myself...this guy needs to eat a sandwich. His wrists and ankles look so skinny and the guy just has this Delonte West sick appearance to me. I wonder if this guy will ever work out, because it seems like every game he DOES play, he gets up after making a tackle holding something - weather it be an arm or an ankle...it's always something.
    Posted by mthurl

Maybe he can't play because he is dating LeBron's mom too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Posted by pezz4pats

Faulk was only at the home games, he wasn't allowed to travel. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

At least he's not out in a club. Chung can wait to get healthy because JI is doing an admirable job at what Chung usually does. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

If it was a must win game or the playoffs, he would be playing on Sunday. That simple. Go Pats!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I would love to see Chung back out there, but where do the people who think he will be back next week or will be back in the playoffs get that information from?

Sections
Shortcuts