Does T.O. get a raw deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Does T.O. get a raw deal?

What did TO ever do that was so bad (other than torch us in the Super Bowl)?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yeah well he made lots of money and played some really good football for 10 years so I don't see what the big deal is.  How many of us don't criticize our coworkers and employers in private?  He just had the b*lls to do it in public.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Next question... er ... next question ...er

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The question with Owens has always been "What is the trade-off?"

No one will question that, five years ago, he came back from a broken leg in record time and was about the only bright spot on an Eagles team that might well have won the Super Bowl if Donovan McNabb wasn't such a collosal blowbag. But for Owens to suggest that he has not had locker room issues everywhere he's been (with the possible exception of Buffalo -- but who would know?) is disingenuous at best and if you really want to tell that truth and shame the devil -- it's a flat out lie. It's not a media conspiracy and no one is out to get TO, unless it's TO himself ("That's my quarterback, man"). Unless, of course, we are to believe that Jeff Garcia actually is gay -- why that would matter, I'm not sure; or that McNabb could not get over the hump in Philly -- true enough, I suppose -- but saying it out loud is not going to endear you to your teammates; or that there was a White-Boy Cabal in Dallas designed specifically to exclude TO. It's classic narcissist behavior. Not only do I love myself, but everybody else loves me, too. If it just weren't for those evil pundits at ESPN, I could be a star again.

Please.

And character issues aside, he drops the ball way too much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

actually, although in the past he has been a pain and a distraction, he IS a beast.  don't know if he can still play or not, but i for one would love to have him if we had space.  sure the bills dumped him, but they are the bills.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Well as someone who gets in trouble for what he says far too often, I can empathize with poor TO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

To say that football people listen to ESPN to get their news on players is just silly.  TO has burned bridges plain and simple.  It's the talk inside the NFL that's got this guy labeled.  When he went to Buffalo I thought that this would be it for him.  This is a guy who loves the stage and he ends up in Buffalo? 

Your final product now is a bit washed up and has mental issues.  Football guys now see the mental issues being more prominent then the football skills.  TO is done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

T.O brought everything on himself W/ his attitude who would want that on there team the guy is a jerk

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Does T.O. get a raw deal?

TO's skills can no longer cover his mouth and his team disruption. His run is ovah!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

He's just not that good anymore. If he were still playing at a high level he'd be in Oakland at least. Everyone knows he stinks and he's washed up. Come to think of it he'll probably be the last big piece BB adds to the receiving corp to round out Givens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

At this point in his career its not his mouth thats the problem, its his hands. Venis-De Milo Owens drops more balls then anyone in the league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

How ironic that a guy who spent his career performing in front of the press to get attention now blames the press for his "bad reputation".

He should go back to Texas, the only state large enough to hold his ego.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

TO has hands of stone and a bad attitude, he deserves his reputation and deserves to be unsigned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

You're all just jealous.  If you had his talent, you'd tell the rest of the world what you really think too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Hey Mighty , its pretty hot is Boston , hows the weather up TO's azz? Are you kidding me w/ your BS? First off , one doesnt need to be famous to speak his mind. Nobody knows who you are and that doesnt stop you from proving you dont have a clue. TO talked junk about coach Mooch and questioned whether or not Jeff Garcia was gay? He had his best season ever in his first in Phila. Then called out his QB using the media like a lil'biacth. Seriously how tough are you if you have to use the media to talk bad about someone. I dont know where your from , but that chit doesnt play where Im from. And how many OC's did he blow up on and embarrass in front of the entire world. Again thats not how real men act. Ok one or twice when your frustrated , heat of the battle , ok you get a pass. Hes done it everywhere , to every OC , multiple times. And hes nowhere near the player he once was and we're talking about a guy that never had great hands or even very good hands. I absolutely hate it when people compare Moss to Owens , cant stand it! Moss only complained when his team was losing and didnt get the ball. I have no problem w/ that at all. The coach made it clear to the world that the Vikes O was going through Moss and going to if quite often , 2-3 bombs a quarter. So when your team is losing and you dont allow him to do what he does best , then I can understand when Randy wants the ball. Running over the cross-guard ....eh not that big a deal to me ... now squirting a ref , thats a no-no. People will bring up the time when he walked off the field w/ 2 seconds left , but forget that he was already playing w/ a bad hamstring and the Vikes needed a 50 -60 yard bomb to win it. Any WR w/ a strained/torn Hammie isnt beating any DB down field to win the game for ya. Could have handled it better , but again I dont see the big deal ... at all actually. Randy loves BB because BB demands respect and has a structure and certain way of doing things , that guys like Randy love. And theres absolutely no doubt in my mind that if the Pats dont re-sign him Moss will have at least 5-6 other teams that would love to have a guy like that. Teams like the 'Skins , 'Fins , Saints , Bears , SF , Seattle , maybe even Ravens. Moss still can produce at a very high level and proved he could do it hurt. Theres a reason Owens is still looking for work in JULY , LOL training camp is almost here and the message couldnt be any clearer. Yea we'd love to have you on our team , as soon as our number 3 WR has his Tibia sticking out of his leg. And as long as you dont mind playing for the azzhole min. , which is some gas money and a coupon to Red Robin. SAMADAMS makes a good point , how come the rest of his peers dont act like that. And why doesnt he have a F'IN JOB in JULY!?!? There isnt one team with their current roster that needs TO in the slightest bit to win , not one! In fact quite the opposite , teams like the Falcons/Ravens dont want him there because they dont want him rubbing off on their younger players. Not even the Raiders have made an offer to him , in fact I dont think ANYONE has made a real offer to him or his agent? Seriously , Im an owner and the Raiders dont even show interest , Im taking heed and going in another direction. I feel like I know or heard from you before? Wait a minute we're you the loser that was talking all that junk in Bron Brons ear and having him set up that putrid , absolutely terrible idea that was that special last night?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Does T.O. get a raw deal?:
    Well as someone who gets in trouble for what he says far too often, I can empathize with poor TO.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Mighty I have to believe you are LYAO as you type your posts on this. To say TO is "Someone who gets in trouble for what he says" is like saying Lincoln's night at the Ford Theater was a "bad date."

TO wanted be in the press and he found that his big mouth got him there time and time again. That was not a problem when he was acting more like Ocho Cinco. But we he started to hurt the teams he was on, cut up his QB and cause dissent, it was only a matter of time till his production was not worth his mouth.

TO may get picked up for short cash by a team needing a quick hit, but he is done.

To One time: Take a chill brotha!. Damm! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

The issue isn't T.O., but rather D.R.

Drew Rosenhaus that is.  The reason that T.O, hasn't signed with a team (just like Kevin Mawae) is purely a market valuation issue.  Rosenhaus is asking for $3mil+, and T.O.'s ball skills/separation ability rate more like $1mil, or even a smidge lower.  If he was willing to go for a veteran min. contract for $750k, with some reasonable incentives (say, 7 TDs, 70 balls, 700 yds) to bump it to $1.5mil, T.O. would be signed tonight. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Even though Owens has lost a step, there's no denying he has something to add to a team. All the drops may hurt him, but he's still a physical player who can make plays. For one thing, as someone said, his agent is surely asking for too much. But even at the right price his rep is going to hurt him. Even if he did "turn over a new leaf", he doesn't have enough time left to sell the league on it. Also (as someone else pointed out) he does have "mental issues". He seems oblivious to how his actions and comments affect others. He can blame the media all he wants for his reputation, but that's like eating at McDonalds and supersizing it for 20 years then blaming them because you're a blimp with clogged arteries! I'm sure someone will take a flier on him, most likely by necessity when one of their WRs goes down with an injury. He made his own bed, and now we're supposed to feel sorry for him because he doesn't sleep well? Teams have enough sense to know the risk to the chemistry of the team is greater than the possible reward of one player, however talented. And the talk about he and Donovan reuniting is probably BS on his part. The Skins desperately need WRs, but he's not been asked in for a chat. Shanahan has more brains that that! If the Raiders or Bengals haven't signed him I suspect he won't get a job until some team has no other options! He really has nobody to blame but himself. But since he's a "legend in his own mind" he has to find a patsy somewhere. So it turns out to be the media, who he couldn't get enough of earlier in his career. The man needs to grow up, IMO!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

USMC , I have to disagree w/ ya , respectfully of coarse. Owens never had great hands or even very goods ones for that matter. I think this has less to do w. ability and more to do w/ attitudeand unknown w/ what could happen if you bring him in. Obviously his ability and skills have diminished , IMHO its his past catching up w/ him. I said on another post that there isnt one good team out there that would be better if you added Owens to their roster. Again its the unknown , its what could happen if we bring him in. Hes not putting the Colts over the top , hes not the final piece to the puzzle in Minne. etc.  Plus dont discount the fact that he burned so many bridges and his talent just isnt worth it. Think for a second just how many people hes ticked off over the years? How many coaches , OC's , GM's , owners , players etc? Id say that right now , his talent and production are worth just about 3 million , maybe a little lower/ Listen Ive never been a TO guy , Randy Moss has been my favorite athlete since MJ retired and when I saw him tear up Ball St. in college for 5 TDs. Theres 2 types of people in this world TO fans/Moss fans LOL. Anyway I appreciate his skills and what hes done , but always thought he was overrated for the amount of attention he got. Id take Torry Holt over Owens any day , better hands , better route runner , better timing and understanding of the game. But lets give Owens just a lil' credit , he played on an absolute putrid Buffalo team last year and put up decent numbers. I think he only had 3 TDs , but hauled in over 800 yards and again , this is on a team that had no o-line , QB , running game, TE or other WR despite having Lee Evans and a terrible D that constantly forced the O to play from behind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

T.O brought everything on himself w/ his big mouth Now he is paying for it. Maybe if he just learned to shut his trap he would have been signed by now

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

USMC , I have to disagree w/ ya , respectfully of coarse. Owens never had great hands or even very goods ones for that matter. I think this has less to do w. ability and more to do w/ attitudeand unknown w/ what could happen if you bring him in. Obviously his ability and skills have diminished , IMHO its his past catching up w/ him. I said on another post that there isnt one good team out there that would be better if you added Owens to their roster. Again its the unknown , its what could happen if we bring him in. Hes not putting the Colts over the top , hes not the final piece to the puzzle in Minne. etc.  Plus dont discount the fact that he burned so many bridges and his talent just isnt worth it. Think for a second just how many people hes ticked off over the years? How many coaches , OC's , GM's , owners , players etc? Id say that right now , his talent and production are worth just about 3 million , maybe a little lower/ Listen Ive never been a TO guy , Randy Moss has been my favorite athlete since MJ retired and when I saw him tear up Ball St. in college for 5 TDs. Theres 2 types of people in this world TO fans/Moss fans LOL. Anyway I appreciate his skills and what hes done , but always thought he was overrated for the amount of attention he got. Id take Torry Holt over Owens any day , better hands , better route runner , better timing and understanding of the game. But lets give Owens just a lil' credit , he played on an absolute putrid Buffalo team last year and put up decent numbers. I think he only had 3 TDs , but hauled in over 800 yards and again , this is on a team that had no o-line , QB , running game, TE or other WR despite having Lee Evans and a terrible D that constantly forced the O to play from behind.
    Posted by ONE-TIME

Great hands or good hands it doesn't matter much the guy is like 3rd all time in receptions or something close, Id say he has done something right.

I am by no means defending him I think he is a terrible teamate but I agree that a team somewhere could use this guy for the vet minimum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Good page on TO. No question he could catch and make key plays. That kept him employed with his big mouth. Talent runs out, mouth cost him his career.  

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/a/owensaccomplish.htm

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Yeah well he made lots of money and played some really good football for 10 years so I don't see what the big deal is.  How many of us don't criticize our coworkers and employers in private?  He just had the b*lls to do it in public.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

You say b*lls, I say total lack of class.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Does TO get a raw deal?  No!

Next question!

Sections
Shortcuts