Does Welker sign Tender?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Does Welker sign Tender?

I have a feeling Welker goes the Mankins route and doesn't sign,(he's looking for 5 years and BB aint giving him five so even if he signs franchise  tag it will be one year and gone),--this would be a camp distraction and 9.5 on the cap. This is why I would have traded Welker to the Rams who were in desperate need of a receiver and held 3 picks in the second round, with the 1st  being pick one in second. I believe they would have given us their 1st second rounder and a 2nd or third next year-giving us 3 picks in the 2nd round to shuffle around and get any 2 second rounders we wanted.  BTW I like the kid from Boise State George Ilouka(?0--safety--still on the board but I see BB going OL-DT - or CB with the 5th rounder--thoughts are welcome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Does Welker sign Tender?

They could not trade Welker because he has not signed the tender. Right now, he is in limbo. He can't negotiate with anyone else because they franchised him, and they can't trade him because he hasn't signed the offer. They technically own his rights, but can't trade them. He would either have to sign the offer or agree to an extension before they can do anything with his rights.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Welker deserves to get paid despite what people say about his age. He deserves a 3 year deal at 25 to 30mil. If Welker wants 5 years, they could compromise at 4 years for 30 to 35 mil with 20 guaranteed. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

They offered him 3 years at 24 million already-not sure what the guaranteed money was-believe it was 8 million-he refused the offer wanted 5 years. This was done prior to free agency.In Response to Re: Does Welker sign Tender?:
    Welker deserves to get paid despite what people say about his age. He deserves a 3 year deal at 25 to 30mil. If Welker wants 5 years, they could compromise at 4 years for 30 to 35 mil with 20 guaranteed. 
    Posted by NYC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Edelman,Ebert,Gonzalez come on down!!! Sorry I love Wes but I know this is a business. It'll actually be good to see someone else line up in the slot!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

doubt welker holds out (this year alone he'll make more than he has in half of all his
    seasons). too mcuh money to hold out. once season starts he has no leverage.
    he refused a 2 yr 16 mil not a 3 year deal.
    clear he want a multi year deal for 10 or more and seems his agent has told him he'll get it.
    who will blink?
    come game one i think he'll sign and play regardless (if pats havent acceded to his wishes or got him to compromise).

pats not drafting wrs higher than 7th rd tells me they plan to have him around at teh very least for this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

They also kept Branch,Edlemen,Underwood and Ocho and signed LLoyd,Stallworth and Gonzalez from Indy-and drafted Ebert-then we have Hernandez who goes in motion and can run the slot routes and of course the beast-GRONK! That's not including Welker and the TE and WR we invited as UDFAs-you do the math. 10 WRs and 3 TEs.In Response to Re: Does Welker sign Tender?:
    doubt welker holds out (this year alone he'll make more than he has in half of all his seasons). too mcuh money to hold out. once season starts he has no leverage. he refused a 2 yr 16 mil not a 3 year deal. clear he want a multi year deal for 10 or more and seems his agent has told him he'll get it. who will blink? come game one i think he'll sign and play regardless (if pats havent acceded to his wishes or got him to compromise). pats not drafting wrs higher than 7th rd tells me they plan to have him around at teh very least for this year.
    Posted by bredbru

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Does Welker sign Tender?:
    They also kept Branch,Edlemen,Underwood and Ocho and signed LLoyd,Stallworth and Gonzalez from Indy-and drafted Ebert-then we have Hernandez who goes in motion and can run the slot routes and of course the beast-GRONK! That's not including Welker and the TE and WR we invited as UDFAs-you do the math. 10 WRs and 3 TEs.In Response to Re: Does Welker sign Tender? :
    Posted by jimmytantric

hey jimmy,
    they have all  those guys for camp, half of them could be dropped easily dependng on need, waht they show and what the 53 man looks like.
    lets hope its a great competition.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I suspect he waits until the last moment trying to work out a long term deal, but my gut tells me if no longer term deal is done, he'll go ahead and sign the tender before the season starts.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Does Welker sign Tender?:
    They also kept Branch,Edlemen,Underwood and Ocho and signed LLoyd,Stallworth and Gonzalez from Indy-and drafted Ebert-then we have Hernandez who goes in motion and can run the slot routes and of course the beast-GRONK! That's not including Welker and the TE and WR we invited as UDFAs-you do the math. 10 WRs and 3 TEs.In Response to Re: Does Welker sign Tender? :
    Posted by jimmytantric
    You missed Britt Davis WR and Daniel Fells TE,also Larsen  has played some TE along with his FB/LB positions. This doesn't leave much leverage for WW. 12 receivers without counting WW. Wes just wants his due payment is the story from his agent. BB says what the heck we offered him 2 @16m,no offense meant but thats a lot of greenbacks!

Sections
Shortcuts