Doing what The Pats did after being down 28 late said more than a game we won being ahead all game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Doing what The Pats did after being down 28 late said more than a game we won being ahead all game.

despite the truth in texaspat's comments,

"clearly was not ready to play, and came out flatter than 5 month old Pepsi. They were down on their home field, 31-3. They couldn't run the ball, had numerous dropped passes, turned the ball over four (4) times, and were awful on special teams. "

the heart of a player and a team showed when they were physcially exhausted, drenched, and way behind.

that character can be a good foundation to build this super bowl run on (if the players, but especially the coaches handle the effort/experience riight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Doing what The Pats did after being down 28 late said more than a game we won being ahead all game.

I think, everybody in the stadium and watching at home felt the same... THIS TEAM HAS FIGHT, HEARTH, BALLS, 

I am confident that with gronk and spikes + others back at "full health" this team can go and win on the road VS broncos and texans !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Doing what The Pats did after being down 28 late said more than a game we won being ahead all game.

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

I think, everybody in the stadium and watching at home felt the same... THIS TEAM HAS FIGHT, HEARTH, BALLS, 

I am confident that with gronk and spikes + others back at "full health" this team can go and win on the road VS broncos and texans !

and super bowl!

i think we have a chance,

gotta have coaches do their job foremost, and palyers too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I think what they did from about the 10 minute mark of the third quarter was just plain awesome. The hole they had dug themself turned out to be just too big. 

I think there are positives and negatives you can take from this game, but I like that they fought back when down. I think that shows more than piling it on against a team like the Rams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

The 49ers almost did what the Patriots were doing early in the season. They went cover 2 or cover 3 and gave up yardage in the middle of the field. The difference is they turned on the defense towards the end of the game and forced the Patriots to turn the ball on downs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

The 49ers almost did what the Patriots were doing early in the season. They went cover 2 or cover 3 and gave up yardage in the middle of the field. The difference is they turned on the defense towards the end of the game and forced the Patriots to turn the ball on downs.

point.

still almost an unprecedented comeback

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i think it showed they have a ton of heart and guts....but i disagree, it think a thorough win would have said alot more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Don't know where to fit this but did anyone figure out why Woodhead was flanked out wide late in the game? I get his usefulness sliding out of the backfield cause he's got good hands, but flanked wide he's a little target with lousy speed. What am I missing here?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How many fans even THOUGHT the Pats would come back against the 49'ers D, that late in the game, to even TIE the game?  Anyone who said they did are lying while sipping their beer!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to trouts's comment:

Don't know where to fit this but did anyone figure out why Woodhead was flanked out wide late in the game? I get his usefulness sliding out of the backfield cause he's got good hands, but flanked wide he's a little target with lousy speed. What am I missing here?

Yes. They often set a running back out on the sideline when they go to an empty backfield. I think some of the reasoning is:

(1) pull pass cover defenders away from the middle of the field to try to keep is as open as possible

(2) create a possible mismatch of a slower LB against a fast RB. THis can be especially effective with a guy like Vereen who is both a good receiver and has experience running patterns downfield. Woody is also a decent receiver (though I am not sure that he is as good or polished as Vereen in this way).

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

despite the truth in texaspat's comments,

"clearly was not ready to play, and came out flatter than 5 month old Pepsi. They were down on their home field, 31-3. They couldn't run the ball, had numerous dropped passes, turned the ball over four (4) times, and were awful on special teams. "

the heart of a player and a team showed when they were physcially exhausted, drenched, and way behind.

that character can be a good foundation to build this super bowl run on (if the players, but especially the coaches handle the effort/experience riight.

best test of the season. they showed than can elevate their game at any moment when they need too. now they have to play mistake free the rest of the season, get the turnovers and capitilize. with their talent level on offense they should not have put themselves in that position in the first place. 

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts