Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD

They only won by 28 points. How dare anyone get above a C. The Dolphins only won 7 games this year. The 75 Steelers would have won 120-0. The 1988 49ers would have won 150-0. Look it up they never beat teams by less than 28. Those were real dynasties. You Ostriches don't know nothing about football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Agree with your grades and take on the game. The D looks much improved- pitching the shut out was a very satisfying way to end the season.

TB stated in post game inteviews that he still thinks the Pats best game play is yet to come. Bye week should help in the healing and condtioning of the injuries. Haven't read/heard update on Nink's injury.

Francis is a welcome surprise. Really liking the depth and talent of the RB team. Great to see Gronk back on the field- and now glad he gets another 2 weeks to heal some more.

Wes and Woodhead are amazing how they move the chains forward for the Pats.

Should be a very entertaining play off season.

Happy New Year! Go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Nice job this season, TP...on to the playoffs!

Good fortune in the New Year to all of you, and Go Pats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

TexPat,

Don't want to re-copy all the previous posts, 'cause it's too cumbersome.

Will just say that while I disagree with you, I respect your place and have never, ever tried to censor you. There is not a single line in anything I wrote to you that suggests or implies it. Because I do not wish to read about ostrich societies and the like does not mean you do not have the right to write it. I have said this as plainly and succinctly as I can, so if you missed it before, I am saying it again.

You have been an important contributor to this forum for many years, and the forum benefits from your presence...when you talk about football. I don't believe I have ever criticized you for anything you have said about football. But when you call out Patriots fans with names simply because they see a less dim picture than you, that is not talking about football.

In any event, stay passionate, and have a nice New Year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TexPat,

Will just say that while I disagree with you, I respect your place and have never, ever tried to censor you. There is not a single line in anything I wrote to you that suggests or implies it. Because I do not wish to read about ostrich societies and the like does not mean you do not have the right to write it. I have said this as plainly and succinctly as I can, so if you missed it before, I am saying it again.

You have been an important contributor to this forum for many years, and the forum benefits from your presence...when you talk about football. I don't believe I have ever criticized you for anything you have said about football. But when you call out Patriots fans with names simply because they see a less dim picture than you, that is not talking about football.

[/QUOTE]

Same to you, my friend. I'm just having some fun with this "Ostrich Society" stuff. It wasn't directed at you, and all Pats' fans. It was directed at pain in the necks like Rusty and Mighty Pats' Fan, who constantly berate other posters here with personal attacks. I just got tired of it.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TexPat,

[/QUOTE]

Same to you, my friend. I'm just having some fun with this "Ostrich Society" stuff. It wasn't directed at you, and all Pats' fans. It was directed at pain in the necks like Rusty and Mighty Pats' Fan, who constantly berate other posters here with personal attacks. I just got tired of it.  

[/QUOTE]

Please don't compare me to Mighty. He swings in and post literally 3-5 words for his posts, completely disrepecting every opponent, thinking they're are 11  perfect Tom Bradys on both sides of the ball for this team.

I only defend myself here. I don't initiate anything. It's also not my fault that when I do my homework and confront somehone who didn't that person gets insecure and goes on the attack against me.

Nice try, TPat/Commie Contrarian.

You're the one with the two board names using two different personas here to start threads for the attention you so badly crave.  You're also insecure that people like me have  more knowledge than you do.

lol

When you were taking on Underpants in the Brady/Manning debates you thought you had under control, guess who came in to add important facts and contexts to end that debate quickly? Me.

Good day.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! I'm the one with two personas, Rusty, Cliff, Rock-salt, or whatever you call yourself now. You've been banned nearly as many times as our good buddy, UD6.   

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

TPat, Thanks for another fine report. A number of the responders might like to attack you personally but don't let it get you down. If they find your reports so unpalatable, you'd think they'd want to just skip over them. For a lot of us, your report cards are useful, required reading. Happy New Year to all. Trouts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

OPs troll work gets an A++++++++

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to trouts's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TPat, Thanks for another fine report. A number of the responders might like to attack you personally but don't let it get you down. If they find your reports so unpalatable, you'd think they'd want to just skip over them. For a lot of us, your report cards are useful required reading. Happy New Year to all. Trouts

[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year to you too, Trouts!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to trouts's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TPat, Thanks for another fine report. A number of the responders might like to attack you personally but don't let it get you down. If they find your reports so unpalatable, you'd think they'd want to just skip over them. For a lot of us, your report cards are useful required reading. Happy New Year to all. Trouts

[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2.) LBs: The way our DL played, we didn't even need LBs!! GRADE: A++;

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice report card...pretty reasonable. Tough to read into or evaluate a game that the opossing team had nothing to play for and quit half way through though. Bring on the post season!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's the one downer of the game. Except for Miami's QB, who was in there sticking throws and getting hit, a lot of the were dogging it late in the game. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

Hey TexasPat, although I hardly post on here, I have been reading this board for the past couple years. I do read your weekly report card every week, and although I disagree at times with your grades, I do appreciate the time and insight you take into making the report card every week. It is a good read. Cheers and Happy New Year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Just want to set the record as straight as I can that Texas Pat and Commie are two different people/posters. I could be wrong as I don't know either, but I have followed this board for a long time now and Commie has a decidedly different style that is not something you could easily imitate. Commie also posts on several sports boards here where as TP is stricly Pats focused and a Pats fan. It's a low blow to accuse folks of being others on this board. 

For the record I don't believe Rusty posts in multiple accounts at the same time either. Rusty just gets banned, often deservedly, but I don't believe he is up to multiple-account-at-one-time mischief. I could be wrong there as there are a lot of accounts to track but there is a big difference between someone who gets banned repeatedly and someone who tries to play multiple persona games. We have a multiple persona player in the Red Sox forum and a number of multiple sockpuppets in the Celts forum and you can see the difference. 

Pat thanks again for posting your thoughtful analysis. I don't always agree but always glad to read through it. The biggest thing that happened this Sunday was the Colts taking care of the Texans. The Pats definitely have a real shot to get "healthy enough' and do this thing. 

Pat I'm not sure if your folllow up post mocking homer fans had your desired effect. I think you ended up offending some folks who weren't really your targets. You claim you were going after Rusty with that satire but as you know Rusty would never give Tom Brady an A+++. Well, perhaps he would for this game but Rusty has a serious beef with Brady and so describing him as a "classic homer fan" is inaccurate. He's more of an "in Bill we trust" disciple although oddly enough he doesn't believe Bill had the stones to take control of the offense from Brady....

Hopefully the Pats win out this year and we can debate these issues from the vantage point of victory. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just want to set the record as straight as I can that Texas Pat and Commie are two different people/posters. I could be wrong as I don't know either, but I have followed this board for a long time now and Commie has a decidedly different style that is not something you could easily imitate. Commie also posts on several sports boards here where as TP is stricly Pats focused and a Pats fan. It's a low blow to accuse folks of being others on this board. 

RESPONSE: Rusty is not so trusty...LOL!!!

For the record I don't believe Rusty posts in multiple accounts at the same time either. Rusty just gets banned, often deservedly, but I don't believe he is up to multiple-account-at-one-time mischief. I could be wrong there as there are a lot of accounts to track but there is a big difference between someone who gets banned repeatedly and someone who tries to play multiple persona games. We have a multiple persona player in the Red Sox forum and a number of multiple sockpuppets in the Celts forum and you can see the difference. 

RESPONSE: Agreed.

Pat thanks again for posting your thoughtful analysis. I don't always agree but always glad to read through it. The biggest thing that happened this Sunday was the Colts taking care of the Texans. The Pats definitely have a real shot to get "healthy enough' and do this thing.

RESPONSE: I like their chances.

Pat I'm not sure if your folllow up post mocking homer fans had your desired effect. I think you ended up offending some folks who weren't really your targets. You claim you were going after Rusty with that satire but as you know Rusty would never give Tom Brady an A+++. Well, perhaps he would for this game but Rusty has a serious beef with Brady and so describing him as a "classic homer fan" is inaccurate. He's more of an "in Bill we trust" disciple although oddly enough he doesn't believe Bill had the stones to take control of the offense from Brady....

RESPONSE: I'm sick of seeing all the personal attacks on anyone who criticizes the Pats.

Hopefully the Pats win out this year and we can debate these issues from the vantage point of victory.

RESPONSE: Amen! Happy New Year! 

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

[QUOTE]

Whatever, dude.

Really don't know what happened to you over the years. You used to be one of my favorite reads on the board. Now, you're like a three-year-old who lost his binky and must throw a temper tantrum to get everyone to commiserate with him.

Real Pats fans don't use the word "homer" when talking about other Pats fans; that's what trolls do. This is not Sports Illustrated or some other neutral sports site; it is a Patriots Fan bulletin board, and if Pats fans want to see the Pats through rose-colored glasses...hell, that's the way it should be. Sports is entertainment; a diversion of guilty pleasure for those whose livelihood is not dependent upon winning. Who the hell wants to waste time reading a barrage of complaints from amateur analysts?

I, like many others on this board, think the Patriots have a good enough team to win the Super Bowl. I, like many others, also think they can be beaten. I choose to carry the positive vibe, rather than the negative one, because I am a fan, and I want them to win. Whatever weaknesses they may have will not be solved by my worrying about them, one bit. So why bother worrying?

You get all bent out of shape over things that happened in the past and cannot be changed; missed field goals, missed first downs, missed draft picks, missed whateverthefuck. None of those things means jack when the Pats next take the field. All that matters is they bring their best game and execute it. If that is good enough to win, they will be champions; if not, praise the winners, and rev it up next year.

If your desire in life is to be a well-respected sportswriter/critic, there is nothing wrong with that ambition. But, if so, you're in the wrong place. Trying to impose a mindset of neutrality on an affinity base that is purposefully--and rabidly--partial, is a bit ridiculous.

And, if you honestly cannot comprehend this, then it is you who have your head buried in the sand.

[/QUOTE]

Well said, Bravo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think you are a little to generous with the WR/TE grade. Maybe its injury, but I dont like what I am seeing with Lloyd and Brady not on the same page after a full season, and Hernandez isnt playing like he did in the first half of the season.

As I stated on a prvious post, I thought Woody was the player fo the game

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think you are a little to generous with the WR/TE grade. Maybe its injury, but I dont like what I am seeing with Lloyd and Brady not on the same page after a full season, and Hernandez isnt playing like he did in the first half of the season.

RESPONSE: Lloyd has been coming on in recent weeks. Though hhe disappeared in the finale, I've heard and read that he's playing hurt (knee). Frankly, I'm more concerned about Hernandez. Ever since that hit he took in the 49er game from Dashon Goldson, he hasn't been the same player. Could be that he's hearing footsteps. 

As I stated on a prvious post, I thought Woody was the player fo the game

RESPONSE: Good to see him coming on, especially as a pass receiving option. 

[/QUOTE]