Dolphins Inquired About Mankins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Dolphins Inquired About Mankins

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2147337/report-dolphins-asked-pats-about-mankins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Dolphins Inquired About Mankins

who knows he did trade Bledsoe to the Bills

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I heard NE still wanted a 1st or a high 2nd/mulitple picks.  That tells me they think he's way too valuable to let walk away for limited return.

I don't agree with it, unless BB is planning on sticking it to him as an Inactive starting in Week 10, which I hope happens so Mankins cannot be an UFA in 2011.

That would mean they still could deal him before next season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins Inquired About Mankins:
    [QUOTE]I heard NE still wanted a 1st or a high 2nd/mulitple picks.  That tells me they think he's way too valuable to let walk away for limited return. I don't agree with it, unless BB is planning on sticking it to him as an Inactive starting in Week 10, which I hope happens so Mankins cannot be an UFA in 2011. That would mean they still could deal him before next season.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that's right?  I thought if he was on the 53 man roster for six games he gets credit for the accrued season, whether he's active or not.  But I could be mistaken.

Personally I wish they'd make amends and get him on the field.  Contrary to popular belief (at least on this board), there is a shortage of capable O-linemen in the NFL, and Mankins is at least an above average guard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Maybe it's not right.  Regardless, I'd love to see him not get any action and be Inactive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Whatever but, we need some OL to protect Brady. What we have is close but, if we are to get a bruiser RB we need to open the holes for him. 

We need to protect Brady at all costs. Seems silly to shell out big $$ for Brady and penny pinch on the OL. 

I don't like what Mankins has said publicly. He seems a bit of an idiot at times but, the Patriots need to do something about this now. The way McFadden ran the ball yesterday and the fact that the Raiders are essentially for sale now.....I dont know but, having Mankins back AND McFadden back there? Something to think about. I love BJGE but, he's not the answer. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dolphins Inquired About Mankins : Are you sure that's right?  I thought if he was on the 53 man roster for six games he gets credit for the accrued season, whether he's active or not.  But I could be mistaken. Personally I wish they'd make amends and get him on the field.  Contrary to popular belief (at least on this board), there is a shortage of capable O-linemen in the NFL, and Mankins is at least an above average guard.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

No! It would be an insult to the O line players who have been out there busting their butts since training camp. Mankins will not be here next season and they will so BB needs to show that he backs them.

Mankins will sign his tender and get his checks 6 games but I can't see him on the field unless someone gets hurt. The last thing we need is a lineman who could care less charged with protecting Brady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever but, we need some OL to protect Brady. What we have is close but, if we are to get a bruiser RB we need to open the holes for him.  We need to protect Brady at all costs. Seems silly to shell out big $$ for Brady and penny pinch on the OL.  I don't like what Mankins has said publicly. He seems a bit of an idiot at times but, the Patriots need to do something about this now. The way McFadden ran the ball yesterday and the fact that the Raiders are essentially for sale now.....I dont know but, having Mankins back AND McFadden back there? Something to think about. I love BJGE but, he's not the answer. 
    Posted by mrbungle[/QUOTE]

Trade deadline has passed.  Unless you're talking about next year, BJGE is the starting RB like it or not.  No McFadden or anybody else. 

Besides, right now the Raiders run block better than the Pats.  Denver actually was pretty decent against the run coming in to that game. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Why do people get on a bandwagon because one player has a good week?  McFadden has been a bust in Oakland so far. One good game against a gassed Denver D from the week before doens't mean McFadden and his contract would be a good move for NE.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The Pats simply cannot value walk away because it's...not appeased and pleased.  These guys get the fatter contracts by coming through the first round, but then they want to be let go if/when they don't get top dollar (for the next one) as though they were acquired in the seventh.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Why do people get on a bandwagon because one player has a good week?  McFadden has been a bust in Oakland so far. One good game against a gassed Denver D from the week before doens't mean McFadden and his contract would be a good move for NE.

Easily answered. One of the surest signs of a pink helmet know nothing fan is that they think we should acquire every big name out there regardless of whether or not they fit into the scheme or cap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Oh, I agree.  We didn't hear a word about needing an RB the last 2 weeks because NE ran it and the O Line looked better as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, I agree.  We didn't hear a word about needing an RB the last 2 weeks because NE ran it and the O Line looked better as well.

BJGE can run it if there are holes. He's a good decision maker (which Maroney wasn't). The problem is he's easy to chase down and can't break blocks to make a play. A guy like Fred Taylor can pick up yards without a hole when healthy but he's proven to be fragile. Clearly we need a RB who can make a play once in a while when holes don't open up. A bruiser as someone suggested above. BJGE, though I like what he's done this year, isn't starting caliber and that showed yesterday. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The most they`ll get for Mankins is a 2nd round pick. The notion that they`ll trade Mankins and get (insert greatest RB ever) is silly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dolphins Inquired About Mankins : BJGE can run it if there are holes. He's a good decision maker (which Maroney wasn't). The problem is he's easy to chase down and can't break blocks to make a play. A guy like Fred Taylor can pick up yards without a hole when healthy but he's proven to be fragile. Clearly we need a RB who can make a play once in a while when holes don't open up. A bruiser as someone suggested above. BJGE, though I like what he's done this year, isn't starting caliber and that showed yesterday. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

True, but I prefer to see them use BJGE more so earlier in games. Like the Atlanta game last year in the rain.  They handed it off to Taylor a ton, before he got hurt, and they dictated the offense to the D.

I just feel when you go right to a spread immediately it shows the offense exactly what they gameplanned for all week.

I don't care if Brady wants to throw it and he's the best player rhetoric. How does this help the rhythm the O Line needs?

The run offsets a pass rush, obviously, as do screens and draws for that matter.

We saw little to no screens and runs until the second half.  That's too late to be establishing or showing that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DStroh1. Show DStroh1's posts

BBReigns - I agree that they need to establish the run earlier to balance out the offense.  The downside to that though are the three and outs this offense has been producing of late.  This team is obviously built to pass, since we don't have a true starting running back like most teams.  We also don't have an offensive line built to run block, as much as pass protect.  That was obviously on display again yesterday.  Screens will help like you suggested, but the true answer is in this upcoming draft (hopefully).  Time to go out and draft a stud lineman (OT) of the future!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]BBReigns - I agree that they need to establish the run earlier to balance out the offense.  The downside to that though are the three and outs this offense has been producing of late.  This team is obviously built to pass, since we don't have a true starting running back like most teams.  We also don't have an offensive line built to run block, as much as pass protect.  That was obviously on display again yesterday.  Screens will help like you suggested, but the true answer is in this upcoming draft (hopefully).  Time to go out and draft a stud lineman (OT) of the future!
    Posted by DStroh1[/QUOTE]

Why is it only built to pass, though? This is like when fans said who cares about TEs, we don't use them?

Then, BB signs a beastly former All Pro TE who can block, drafts two more with differing skill sets, and we can't run it?

Why is this?

If you look at games where NE runs it minimum, 20, preferably 25 times in a game, they don't lose.

From there, the sequence is up to O'Brien.

Yesterday, it was 61% pass, 39% run against a good pass D and a not so good run D.   It needs to be far closer to 50/50.

What makes this data worse, NE had a lead.  They should have had a bigger lead, but the inability to generate confidence or a rhythm with a run game, hurts the team late in games.

The 4th and 1 was a reflection of the confidence SD had in stopping a run NE never really established.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the chargers d played pretty good... there will be in games were the opposing team has something to say about who wins or loses...  having said that offensively...we had just enough miqueues, bad routes, bad passes, poor blocking to last the season and.....    still won on the road...

lucky that totally useless D saved our bacon again...

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.