Dolphins made a big mistake.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

Re: Dolphins made a big mistake.

Dolphins made a big mistake....YEA OOOOOKKKKKK....

Marshall COMES TO PLAY when he is on the field. We all know his skillz as a WR but he is also a terrific Run Blocker....now for a team that was ranked in the top of the league in rushing thats HUGE....Marshall makes them a MUCH better team...BUT ITS A BIG MISTAKE HUH?!! Ur a funny guy The only mistake they made is giving him that much money...thats it. (BUT HE IS A TOP 3 WR IN THE LEAGUE SOO...)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake.:

Miami should have gone for Boldin if they wanted to make a splash at WR.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

The bigger question ? why the Patriots did not either.  Our efforts to Land Anquan was limp wristed. 

In the meantime, Marshall does provide a big play target.  Also, their young receivers ( Devone Bess {76 recepts in 2009}, Camarillo and TE - Fasano) will only get that much better with a bit more space to operate as defenses look to blanket Marshall.  Their offense will be a more balanced attack and will not need to rely on the gimmick, Wildcat offense, as heavily. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : Randy Moss was a huge gamble and he wasn't as good as Brandon Marshall is now especially when you factor in his age of 26. Everybody on this board was begging NE's top brass to go after Marshall. Now that he's a Dolphin it's a bad move? Go figure.
    Posted by perfect72

Randy Moss really wasn't a big gamble at all. If he did nothing all we gave up was a 4th round pick. I think Marshall was a good grab for the phins. The problem for you guys is that he better be a solid citizen from here on out or Goodell will bounce him for a long time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

im sorry magical hobo, you were making a decent enough point until you said ricky williams is old...did you see him carry the ball last year? dude is still a beast and that, you can abide by also...for all the picks bb has...and looking into his drafting past...what exactly tells you that he is going to magicallly fill all these holes with rookies who are going to step up right away and do so? proven player /> draft pick
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Ricky Williams is 32. Yeah, he had a good year last year but RBs fall around that age and they fall hard. I don't expect him to produce at a very high level for much longer.

Again, there are always going to be holes. Every team has them. I think BB is in a very good position even though I'm not sure what he's going to do. The draft is a funny thing. He could trade for a proven player, or he could draft a bunch of rookies. Drafting rookies is very important to the team's long term productivity. There's a reason why they say championships are won through the draft. I'm not just thinking about 2010, i'm thinking about the future of this team. They are building a nice young team that will be very good in a year or two, and are very good right now.

All of these players were drafted. They didn't just appear in the league. I have confidence that Pats will have a few hits in the draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Wow, 

Again, embarassed to be a Patriots fan.  The Dolphins got a lot better, to say they made a mistake at this point looks immature and completely subjective to your bias.  THIS GUY IS A BEAST ON THE FIELD

I would have loved to have him if the economics and chemistry would have worked, so would have all of you.  Pay more attention if you dont think this guy is possibly the most talented W/R in the NFL (next to Fitz)

The Dolphins just improved dramatically. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Wow,  Again, embarassed to be a Patriots fan.  The Dolphins got a lot better, to say they made a mistake at this point looks immature and completely subjective to your bias.  THIS GUY IS A BEAST ON THE FIELD I would have loved to have him if the economics and chemistry would have worked, so would have all of you.  Pay more attention if you dont think this guy is possibly the most talented W/R in the NFL (next to Fitz) The Dolphins just improved dramatically. 
    Posted by j24m1

They did get better, for now. They gave up two second rounders in the process and Marshall is one mistake away from a long suspension. Chad Ochocinco, Maurice Jones-Drew, Drew Brees, Kyle Vandenbosch, Matt Light, Travis Henry, Clinton Portis, Deion Branch, Anquan Boldin, Osi Umenyiora, Bob Sanders, Lofa Tatupu, etc. were all second rounders. You never know what they could miss on and that's two second rounders.

Yes, Marshall is good but he is a big time diva WR with a ton of issues. He already has two strikes, will he get the third as a Dolphin?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : They did get better, for now. They gave up two second rounders in the process and Marshall is one mistake away from a long suspension. Chad Ochocinco, Maurice Jones-Drew, Drew Brees, Kyle Vandenbosch, Matt Light, Travis Henry, Clinton Portis, Deion Branch, Anquan Boldin, Osi Umenyiora, Bob Sanders, Lofa Tatupu, etc. were all second rounders. You never know what they could miss on and that's two second rounders. Yes, Marshall is good but he is a big time diva WR with a ton of issues. He already has two strikes, will he get the third as a Dolphin?
    Posted by magicalhobo

Thats great that all those guys that you lists that were taken in the 2nd round....you forgot about the over 50-100 players that were disappiontments and flat out BUSTS in the past 10 yrs. the odds of getting a superstar and above average regular starter arent that great....Risk/Reward Marshall is worth the risk...FLAT OUT...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : Thats great that all those guys that you lists that were taken in the 2nd round....you forgot about the over 50-100 players that were disappiontments and flat out BUSTS in the past 10 yrs. the odds of getting a superstar and above average regular starter arent that great....Risk/Reward Marshall is worth the risk...FLAT OUT...
    Posted by BradyHasMoreRings

You have your opinion and I have mine. We'll see what happens in a few years. Marshall was a fourth rounder wasn't he? Personally, I wouldn't trade two high picks for a very good player with a ton of issues.

What's he going to do now that he's now one of the richest receivers in the game? A lot of times guys like this go out and party, and bad things tend to happen at parties and clubs. Especially when you're a proven trouble maker.

It certainly is a gamble. We'll see if it pays off or not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : You have your opinion and I have mine. We'll see what happens in a few years. Marshall was a fourth rounder wasn't he? Personally, I wouldn't trade two high picks for a very good player with a ton of issues. What's he going to do now that he's now one of the richest receivers in the game? A lot of times guys like this go out and party, and bad things tend to happen at parties and clubs. Especially when you're a proven trouble maker. It certainly is a gamble. We'll see if it pays off or not.
    Posted by magicalhobo

I hear Parcells has a Mini Jail Cell for Marshall to stay inbetween practices and games...that way there is no trouble...hahaha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Of course it is a risk, this is not news.  If Marshall can play football and avoid the off the field stuff, he is absolutely worth a pair of second round picks.  Only time will tell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

For the people who keep saying Marshall... is going to florida and going to be a wildchild...DIVA and wont know how to handle it

SHUT UP Please...

it is where he went to college know your football hes back home exactly where he wanted to...he probably actually happy now so hes more relaxed to be a better ON FIELD PLAYER which is pretty impossible to do.

I am sure Parcells has a DIVA clause in place like the 49ers do with CRABTREE...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

For the people who keep saying Marshall... is going to florida and going to be a wildchild...DIVA and wont know how to handle it SHUT UP Please... it is where he went to college know your football hes back home exactly where he wanted to...he probably actually happy now so hes more relaxed to be a better ON FIELD PLAYER which is pretty impossible to do. I am sure Parcells has a DIVA clause in place like the 49ers do with CRABTREE...
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Or he might know a lot of people in Florida and decide to go clubbing with them. He's known to get into trouble and he's in a place where he knows a lot of people from college. Hmmm... seems like he's more likely to get in more trouble if you ask me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : Ricky Williams is 32. Yeah, he had a good year last year but RBs fall around that age and they fall hard. I don't expect him to produce at a very high level for much longer. Again, there are always going to be holes. Every team has them. I think BB is in a very good position even though I'm not sure what he's going to do. The draft is a funny thing. He could trade for a proven player, or he could draft a bunch of rookies. Drafting rookies is very important to the team's long term productivity. There's a reason why they say championships are won through the draft. I'm not just thinking about 2010, i'm thinking about the future of this team. They are building a nice young team that will be very good in a year or two, and are very good right now. All of these players were drafted. They didn't just appear in the league. I have confidence that Pats will have a few hits in the draft.
    Posted by magicalhobo

ricky had what was almost 3 years off, away from football...his legs are fresh and it shows...am i saying he goes out and does it for another 3 years? no...but to call him old in the traditional sense, you would be right...but he hasnt taken nearly the beatings that brandon jacobs has and he is many, many years younger

also...the NFL is a win now league as much as any...draft picks are all well and good but take ben watson for example...all the talent in the world coming out, yet on the overall, ended up being a bust...

having balance is important on the roster and the pats will have alot of growing pains if they continue to stock pile picks and not proven players...not that they arent good...but they could be slipping big time unless they have a great draft

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : ricky had what was almost 3 years off, away from football...his legs are fresh and it shows...am i saying he goes out and does it for another 3 years? no...but to call him old in the traditional sense, you would be right...but he hasnt taken nearly the beatings that brandon jacobs has and he is many, many years younger also...the NFL is a win now league as much as any...draft picks are all well and good but take ben watson for example...all the talent in the world coming out, yet on the overall, ended up being a bust... having balance is important on the roster and the pats will have alot of growing pains if they continue to stock pile picks and not proven players...not that they arent good...but they could be slipping big time unless they have a great draft
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Ricky Williams played in the CFL when he wasn't in the NFL. He was still playing football and getting injured.

Sure, Watson could be considered a bust. So can Ted Ginn and Vernon Gholston. Every team has them. The NFL is not a win now league. Most teams that win do so through drafted talent. Weren't the Redskins supposed to be superbowl champs every year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : boldin was the 3rd receiver last year on arizona and is aging fast...could we have got him for next to nothing? yeah probably...would he have been a major improvement over what we have for the next 3-4 years? good god no
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Boldin was the 2nd receiver in AZ....he was cheaper than Marshall for draft picks given up to get him and $$$ to sign him.  Boldin is not trouble off the field, but he does have a history of getting injured (but plays through the injuries).

How much is Marshall going to help if he gets suspended by the league?  One more slip up and you know he is as good as gone for 4 games.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : Afraid of the furure? You sure about that? I see Miami's future brighter than New Englands. Tom Brady is an aging superstar who is an injury away from the Pats winning 6 games. Without him last year they do absolutely nothing. Miami has a very young team who are gaining experience for a strong group of young players. You add a PROVEN star receiver into the mix and it makes them that much better. I'm not saying Edelman isn't going to be the next Welker..at this point in his career however he is not. My point being Marshall is a proven Stud in the NFL. I'm hoping he matures and doesn't continue his off  field problems he's had in the past. You're hopeing Edelman can reach the next level. You have to admit New England needs to make signifigant moves just to remain the status quo. Ny and miami are filling needs to make them a better team. time will tell but I as a Dolphin are happy with what they have done so far. They can now go into the draft with less needs and hone in on a dT,lb, or safety.
    Posted by perfect72

I can play that game too.....

What happened when Brady went down with an injury in 2008?  How many wins was that?

I could say that Miami would go 1-15 if Henne gets hurt.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : I can play that game too..... What happened when Brady went down with an injury in 2008?  How many wins was that? I could say that Miami would go 1-15 if Henne gets hurt.....
    Posted by m1021us

I thought you said Henne was a bad qb? Worse than Orton? Gee, you really change your story fast. We'll see how he plays this year. I'm sure you'll pull out another ridiculous excuse when he's shredding the Pats this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

The Patriots played their best when the AFC East was a tough conference and they were scrapping to win every game. I remember when the Jets knocked us out of the playoffs in 2002. Miami used to be a defensive juggernaught. Buffalo has always been a pushover but NE used to have to win some huge ballgames to win the division.

So what's different now? That NE is going up against great talent in the division; talented WRs and tough defense? TB used to light up those teams without great receivers.

Most of you fans have no sack. Let's see what BB puts on the field this year and see what happens. Brady is the greatest ever right - or isn't he?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : I thought you said Henne was a bad qb? Worse than Orton? Gee, you really change your story fast. We'll see how he plays this year. I'm sure you'll pull out another ridiculous excuse when he's shredding the Pats this year.
    Posted by perfect72

72 - that's m10's m.o.  He throws out so much sh*t he can't even remember what he has said from one thread to the next.  I wish I could believe that he was smart enough to know he was doing this, but I don't. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : I thought you said Henne was a bad qb? Worse than Orton? Gee, you really change your story fast. We'll see how he plays this year. I'm sure you'll pull out another ridiculous excuse when he's shredding the Pats this year.
    Posted by perfect72

That is what you got out of that?  Where did I say that Henne was any good?  So Miami goes 6-10 to 1-15 after Henne gets hurt?  Doesn't mean that he is good.....Nice try.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : 72 - that's m10's m.o.  He throws out so much sh*t he can't even remember what he has said from one thread to the next.  I wish I could believe that he was smart enough to know he was doing this, but I don't. 
    Posted by underdoggg

It is funny that dumb people read what isn't there....English 101....learn how to read.

Henne is a bad qb.  Orton IS better.  That is a fact.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : It is funny that dumb people read what isn't there....English 101....learn how to read. Henne is a bad qb.  Orton IS better.  That is a fact.
    Posted by m1021us

that "bad" qb ripped your defense a new A-hole last year...so if thats true...i guess i feel privelaged to have such a bad QB playing for the phins...i also feel bad about our backups in pennington and the kid we got from KC who has actually played really well when given a chance...yeah...just awful...id love to see BB pull another 11 wins out of his butt without brady again for a full year

your reasoning is as inane as your posting, just stop doing both, please

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : that "bad" qb ripped your defense a new A-hole last year...so if thats true...i guess i feel privelaged to have such a bad QB playing for the phins...i also feel bad about our backups in pennington and the kid we got from KC who has actually played really well when given a chance...yeah...just awful...id love to see BB pull another 11 wins out of his butt without brady again for a full year your reasoning is as inane as your posting, just stop doing both, please
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Ever hear of the blind squirrel?  You do know that we play 2 games per year against each other, right?  How did he do in that other match-up?

Miami Passing
     C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTRATING
    C. Henne19/342196.40075.5

NOT GOOD......oh, how did Henne do against Buffalo both games?  LOL!

Actually, Pennington is better than Henne....except that Pennington can't stay on the field for a whole year......I would be more scared if Pennington was in there....Henne does not scare me at all......

Too bad my reasoning is accurate.....and you can't comprehend intelligence....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : Ever hear of the blind squirrel?  You do know that we play 2 games per year against each other, right?  How did he do in that other match-up? Miami Passing   C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING C. Henne 19/34 219 6.4 0 0 75.5 NOT GOOD......oh, how did Henne do against Buffalo both games?  LOL! Actually, Pennington is better than Henne....except that Pennington can't stay on the field for a whole year......I would be more scared if Pennington was in there....Henne does not scare me at all...... Too bad my reasoning is accurate.....and you can't comprehend intelligence....
    Posted by m1021us

what is bad about those stats? i remember that game and the dolphins couldnt match the big plays the pats had in the game which is why they lost...henne did not lose the game for them as evident by the big ZERO in the INT category

pennington has a hard time throwing the pepper from one side of the dinner table to the other...nevermind a football across the football field

fact is, you are so blinded by flying elvis glasses that you cant see talent or potential on other teams

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins made a big mistake. : Ever hear of the blind squirrel?  You do know that we play 2 games per year against each other, right?  How did he do in that other match-up? Miami Passing   C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING C. Henne 19/34 219 6.4 0 0 75.5 NOT GOOD......oh, how did Henne do against Buffalo both games?  LOL! Actually, Pennington is better than Henne....except that Pennington can't stay on the field for a whole year......I would be more scared if Pennington was in there....Henne does not scare me at all...... Too bad my reasoning is accurate.....and you can't comprehend intelligence....
    Posted by m1021us

You're the one who can't comprehand. Do you think Henne is better than Manning? According to your logic he is. Manning had a qb rating of 71.2 his first year so I guess(again based on your logic) Henne is a better qb. What about Drew Brees? Close, Brees had a qb rating of 76.9 his first year compared to Henne's 75. Oh and by the way, Orton's qb rating at Henne's age and first year was 59.7. Your hanging on to the ghost of Football's past when the Pats were actually a deep playoff team. Maybe you should try baseball?