Dolphins release Richard Marshall...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: Dolphins release Richard Marshall...

I see the school children once again have ruined another thread.....good job...what's that 10 this week turned into pising contests?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

I see the school children once again have ruined another thread.....good job...what's that 10 this week turned into pising contests?

well in defense of the trolls. If Rusty didnt make so easy, Im sure we could discuss football. The guy wants to own the board and claim to know more anything else but looks like a fool daily. Noone is gonna pass up that chance after all the wolf tickets Rusty has handed out over the years. Its never going to stop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I'm getting out the tape measure so we can begin with this afternoon's knob measuring contest. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

The rant about Giselle was eye opening.  Appears to be some jealousy there.

Tie in the frequency of the "BBW" phrase, and there's further clarity...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I'm getting out the tape measure so we can begin with this afternoon's knob measuring contest. 

LMAO....perfect

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

In response to tanbass' comment:

May I suggest that you leave this in a forum common area for ready access?  Frequency of useage will probably be off the charts.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

[QUOTE]

lol

They removed my counter towards Bustchise's mommy, but they allow him to troll.  Nice huh?  And we wonder why the troll work is so high on this board?

[/QUOTE]

I will admit, as much as thaat post deserved to get removed, his too deserved the same. Did seem pretty unfair.

But what do ya do broskie? let it go...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

ayers    

Dave Meggett  

Height: 5-7   Weight: 190   Age: 47

Born: 4/30/1966 Charleston , SC

College: Towson

Experience: 10 Seasons

CAR

YDS

AVG

TDS

CAREER STATS MORE Season Team   Rushing Receiving Fumbles   G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost 1998 New York Jets 2 0 7 24 3.4 18 0 1 15 15.0 15 0 -- --   1997 New England Patriots 16 2 20 60 3.0 10 1 19 203 10.7 49T 1 2 0   1996 New England Patriots 16 1 40 122 3.1 12 0 33 292 8.8 26 0 7 2   1995 New England Patriots 16 0 60 250 4.2 25 2 52 334 6.4 19 0 5 3   1994 New York Giants 16 3 91 298 3.3 26T 4 32 293 9.2 34 0 6 1   1993 New York Giants 16 1 69 329 4.8 23 0 38 319 8.4 50 0 1 0   1992 New York Giants 16 0 32 167 5.2 30 0 38 229 6.0 24 2 5 2   1991 New York Giants 16 2 29 153 5.3 30T 1 50 412 8.2 22 3 8 0   1990 New York Giants 16 -- 22 164 7.5 51 0 39 410 10.5 38 1 -- --   1989 New York Giants 16 -- 28 117 4.2 18 0 34 531 15.6 62T 4 -- --   TOTAL 398 1,684 4.2 51 8 336 3,038 9.0 62 11 34 8

Curtis Martin  

Height: 5-11   Weight: 210   Age: 40

Born: 5/1/1973 Pittsburgh , PA

College: Pittsburgh

Experience: 12 Seasons

CAR

YDS

AVG

TDS

CAREER STATS MORE Season Team   Rushing Receiving Fumbles   G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost 2006 New York Jets 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --   2005 New York Jets 12 12 220 735 3.3 49 5 24 118 4.9 14 0 2 1   2004 New York Jets 16 16 371 1,697 4.6 25T 12 41 245 6.0 22 2 2 0   2003 New York Jets 16 16 323 1,308 4.0 56 2 42 262 6.2 29 0 2 2   2002 New York Jets 16 16 261 1,094 4.2 35 7 49 362 7.4 28 0 -- --   2001 New York Jets 16 16 333 1,513 4.5 47 10 53 320 6.0 27 0 2 2   2000 New York Jets 16 16 316 1,204 3.8 55 9 70 508 7.3 31 2 2 2   1999 New York Jets 16 16 367 1,464 4.0 50 5 45 259 5.8 34 0 2 0   1998 New York Jets 15 15 369 1,287 3.5 60T 8 43 365 8.5 23 1 5 1   1997 New England Patriots 13 13 274 1,160 4.2 70T 4 41 296 7.2 22 1 3 2   1996 New England Patriots 16 15 316 1,152 3.6 57 14 46 333 7.2 41 3 4 3   1995 New England Patriots 16 15 368 1,487 4.0 49 14 30 261 8.7 27 1 5 3   TOTAL 3,518 14,101 4.0 70 90 484 3,329 6.9 41 10 29

Takes two minutes to look up the stats, if that...  I have to say Curtis Martin was way more dynamic for the Pats getting as many rushing yards as he did with all the receptions out of the back field.  Not sure what the argument is about... was Curtis, Ray Rice? No but he was a darn good multipurpose back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Bach this site screws up the layout

If your wondering what the numbers mean

G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM

Lost

http://www.nfl.com/player/davemeggett/2502062/profile

http://www.nfl.com/player/curtismartin/2501884/profile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Only one really mocking BB is you Rusty. Your shotgun spread and Brady shtick smacks him in the face as a coach.

Sorry. Brady prefers the shotgun and demanded more than Caldwell and Gaffney in 2006. He got his wishes.  2 SB losses and 3 horrendous performances from Brady in his own offense since 2007 later, and we lose.

BB is the greatest coach of all time, obviously.  He can't control Brady during a play after giving him what he wanted.

Brady was busy galavanting with Giselle the last 5 years.  Make no mistake....That whole thing is real. I used to laugh it off, but then I realized the parallels.  Giselle came onto the scene when Brady started to disappear in 2nd halves of AFC title games, starting in 2006. That's about the time when Giselle came onto the scene. The worst was SB 46 when she came down to make it about her and Tommy after Tommy choked it down.

He's been a weak leader and a poor teammate for years now. He's not above the team.  He may finally be seeing the light again with BB walking from Shotgun Spread Welkie.

Amazing! I never thought I would admit it, but this post is even better than your "Curtis Martin never could catch out of the backfield" post! Just when I thought you couldn't get anymore embarrassed as a person commenting on football, you drop this one on us. Congrats.

Curtis Martin used to catch passes from Drew Bledsoe out of the backfield? Bawhaha! What did Dave Meggett or Keith Byars, do?

Ding Ding Ding!!! Winner winner, chicken dinner!!

Why yes! Curtis did catch passes out of the backfield from Bledsoe, in fact he caught more passes from Bledsoe than both of those guys during the the two years Byars was here and the three Meggett was here.

Seasons 95-97

Byars 47 

Meggett 105

Martin 107

Let me know if I can help you out with anything else...perhaps the salary cap or the play of Patrick Chung?

Umm, that's almost even up front between Martin and Meggett, not even counting Byars in those years.  I never said "He never caught passes". Curtis Martin was not known as an all purpose back like Marshall Faulk. lmao

For you to imply that is a joke. How hard is this? When you think of Martin, you don't think of great pass receiving RB. Simple. He's not Marshall Faulk.

Curtis Martin was a 20+ carry per game workhorse and not known as a pass receiving RB.

Byars and Meggett DOUBLED what Martin did and were used strategically as pass receiving 3rd down or specialty RBs.

Get it?

1.7:1 ratio (approx) (when you combine Meggett and Byars to Martin). If Martin was as great receiving as he was rushing, Meggett never would have had almost even receptions. Aagin, very simple.

Megett alone almost dead even with Martin proves my point. That's pretty much all Meggett did.

What a moron. Even when he thinks he has me, he makes a fool of himself.

What a fraud you are...can't get any worse. Just the other day you said Martin was not a threat out of the backfield catching passes. You said he never was. NEVER.

Now because Martin didn't catch as many passes as Byars and Meggett combined that is suppossed to prove he didn't factor in as a pass catching back? LMAO!!! And he didn't have the pass receiving numbers of Marshall Faulk? Well numb nuts, no one does, he's the best pass catching back ever.

You know why Meggett caught so many balls here? It's because we were paying him the most that was ever paid to a third down back...he had to play!! After Martin's rookie year Meggett was coming off the field more and more, in favor of Martin's pass catching ability. Oh and by the way Byars was listed as a tight end here for us, not a back, yet Martin still had more catches than him.

Martin is a player I'm pretty passionate about, I saw him play in his first NFL action. I watched him play live over 12 times...I followed his stats till the end of his career...I was hoping he was going to break the NFL rushing record. The guy was a hell of a complete player.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

How many running backs are there in the history of the NFL? 10,000? More?

Curtis Martin ranks 13th in career receptions amongst all of them. Not bad for a guy who rusty says can't catch. Lmao!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Curtis Martin ranks 13th in career receptions amongst all of them. Not bad for a guy who rusty says can't catch. Lmao!!

Jerome Bettis is in the HOF. Who cares? Martin and Bettis are overrated, should not be in the HOF and are the two worst (not close) RBs in the HOF.

Not even close.  Curtis Martin never did anything of impact in a big game in his entire career.  Bettis would run 3 yards and get up and acted like he ran for 20.  Stat padders.

End of story on each.

And, MArtin was in no way known as a great pass receiver like a Marshall Faulk. Christ, even Kevin Faulk was a better receiver than Curtis Martin as an RB.

[/QUOTE]

So the guy who is third in all time yards and 13th in receptions shouldn't be in the Hall Of Fame? Got it, thanks for contributing, and thanks for giving us another example of why you are the least informed football fan in the country! Keep up the good work! Winner winner, chicken dinner!!

This one will go down in the history books with some of your all time classics, like...Ocho Cinco's career was ruined by Brady, Carlos Dunlop isn't as good as Cunningham, Alex Smith is better than Brady, Tony Romo is basically the same as Brady, Patrick Chung shut down Victor Cruz all by himself...Antonio Gates too, Revis isn't as good as Devon McCourty, Markell Carter is going to really be something because the pats paid him an extra ten grand on the practice squad, BJGE is headed to the hall of fame (should be there now), Brady is why we lose, Merriweather is the second best safety in the AFC, Maroney is a really solid contributer...there's many more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

sigh, why can't we all just ignore Rusty and stick to football discussions? If you really want to tick him off just don't respond and continue having actual football discussions. That will get to him more than anything you can comment back to him about

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Jerome Bettis is in the HOF. Who cares? Martin and Bettis are overrated, should not be in the HOF and are the two worst (not close) RBs in the HOF.

Not even close.  Curtis Martin never did anything of impact in a big game in his entire career.  Bettis would run 3 yards and get up and acted like he ran for 20.  Stat padders.

End of story on each.

And, MArtin was in no way known as a great pass receiver like a Marshall Faulk. Christ, even Kevin Faulk was a better receiver than Curtis Martin as an RB.

So the guy who is third in all time yards and 13th in receptions shouldn't be in the Hall Of Fame? Got it, thanks for contributing, and thanks for giving us another example of why you are the least informed football fan in the country! Keep up the good work! Winner winner, chicken dinner!!

This one will go down in the history books with some of your all time classics, like...Ocho Cinco's career was ruined by Brady, Carlos Dunlop isn't as good as Cunningham, Alex Smith is better than Brady, Tony Romo is basically the same as Brady, Patrick Chung shut down Victor Cruz all by himself...Antonio Gates too, Revis isn't as good as Devon McCourty, Markell Carter is going to really be something because the pats paid him an extra ten grand on the practice squad, BJGE is headed to the hall of fame (should be there now), Brady is why we lose, Merriweather is the second best safety in the AFC, Maroney is a really solid contributer...there's many more.

There are plenty of stat padder skilled position players in the HOF. Dan Fouts is one as a QB.  Andre Reed isn;t in the HOF and for good reason.

Shall I go on?

Also, since the 16 game schedule came into place, 1000 yard seasons are almost automatics now. Yes, Jerome Bettis is also a stat padder, and where is he, 14th on the list? Go look at the top 10 list and tell me they belong in the same breath as the top 10.  You can't, so I don;t care where Bettis or Curtis MArtin ended up. 

It became easier and easier to add more yards to your totals as an RB. Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin were not gamechangers. Pretty simple.

Your comment is like saying Bert Blyleven should be in the baseball HOF. LMAO

Playing against Curtis required a defense to have to worry about so many things, the guy could run between the tackles, outside, delays, draws, pitches...he could run it anywhere and in any way. There were times he could go for 40 yards and there were times he could pick up the tough yards, and he did that consistently for more than a decade. He caught 70 passes one year and was consistently a receiving threat throughout his career, the only season he wasn't was his rookie year, when he "only" caught 20 something passes. His second season showed a guy they would line up wide like a receiver and he could catch those passes.

Just because you didn't watch football before Belichick put Brady in, doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey rust, are you now implying that Dillon potentially could of been the receiver Martin was if it weren't for him playing with inferior quarterbacks? Is that what you're implying? Bawhahahahahahahahahahnaaaaaahaaaaa!!!!! Oh my! I just...I just...I can't ..hahahaha!!!

Tell me you're saying that. Please! Please! Because even though you'll deny it or twist it...it still will be cemented in the "Rusty Hall of Fame". 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey rust, are you now implying that Dillon potentially could of been the receiver Martin was if it weren't for him playing with inferior quarterbacks? Is that what you're implying? Bawhahahahahahahahahahnaaaaaahaaaaa!!!!! Oh my! I just...I just...I can't ..hahahaha!!!

Tell me you're saying that. Please! Please! Because even though you'll deny it or twist it...it still will be cemented in the "Rusty Hall of Fame". 

Umm, I am pretty sure the QB throws the football.   Yes, I am "implying" the QB matters when you're a receiver.

lmao

Your turn, Cupcake. This shoud be wildly entertaining.

[/QUOTE]

You really need to stop because what has happened here is you have been totally embarrassed in this topic and what you should of done was quietly say, "oh, I didn't realize Martin caught so many balls, my bad". And that would of been it...no problem. Instead what you've done is prove how little you know about football once again - I mean this guy played here for three years - he then went on and played 300 miles away for another 6-7 years! It's not like the guy played for the Arizona Cardinals and was never on TV...he was always on TV.

And Dillon could of potentially been the receiver Martin was With a better QB? The guy played with Brady for three years! He could barely run five yards, turn around, and catch a football! Lol! I suppose this ruins your Ocho Cinco theory as well, because he caught more balls with the Bengal's qb's than a Hall of Fame one.

My lord, most people just admit a mistake...not you. It kind of makes this whole discussion board thing useless when you deal with people like that, because its like...what's the point? I fully get why so many people have you on ignore. I can't tell you how many times I've conceded to someone else when they are right - it's a good thing - you learn something, etc. Not you, you just go on and on and on, mindlessly making crap up. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen.