Dome Temperature

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Dome Temperature

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4716147/storyline-not-to-be-overlooked-conditioning

Why is BB concerned about dome temperature?  I would think the NFL would closely monitor the temperature during the Super Bowl so it doesn't get out of hand like in the 2006 title game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Dome Temperature

He's not leaving anything to chance Mighty.  Even if it is room temp, it will still be much hotter than their outside practice field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Dome Temperature:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4716147/storyline-not-to-be-overlooked-conditioning Why is BB concerned about dome temperature?  I would think the NFL would closely monitor the temperature during the Super Bowl so it doesn't get out of hand like in the 2006 title game. 
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]
    Could be concern for an outdoor team that has not played in a dome, or fairly warm weather, for some time.  This may be a concern for both teams to go from game temps in the freezing range to balmy 70's for a game.  Recall how they would comment on the change in venue when the Pats would play in Miami late in the season and the concern for the warmer temps down there versus what the team had been playing in during the weeks leading up to a December Miami game in Miami.  I believe it is the same principle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

That sounds right.  I just hope Polian doesn't sneak into the thermostat room like he did in January 2007. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: Dome Temperature:
    [QUOTE]That sounds right.  I just hope Polian doesn't sneak into the thermostat room like he did in January 2007. 

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure the artificial noise dial is right next to the thermostat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dome Temperature : Yeah, and I'm pretty sure the artificial noise dial is right next to the thermostat.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]
    Won't need it because a turn coat AFC town is going hog wild for the NFC Giants and that place will be loud for the Giants no matter who the opponent may have been given the Manning connection.  But, the hated Pats being the opponent, gives them all the more reason to root for the Giants.  Here is a question:  If the Ravens, or any other AFC team were in this game, would we see such a disparity of support?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dome Temperature : Won't need it because a turn coat AFC town is going hog wild for the NFC Giants and that place will be loud for the Giants no matter who the opponent may have been given the Manning connection.  But, the hated Pats being the opponent, gives them all the more reason to root for the Giants.  Here is a question:  If the Ravens, or any other AFC team were in this game, would we see such a disparity of support?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Well Pats fans just gotta go and tilt the feed in our favor.  Not me of course, Pats fans with money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dome Temperature : Won't need it because a turn coat AFC town is going hog wild for the NFC Giants and that place will be loud for the Giants no matter who the opponent may have been given the Manning connection.  But, the hated Pats being the opponent, gives them all the more reason to root for the Giants.  Here is a question:  If the Ravens, or any other AFC team were in this game, would we see such a disparity of support?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  If this were a regular season game at Indy between the Pats and Giants with the Giants as the home team.  Let's say Giants stadium was flooded or something ridiculous, and the game was shifted to Indy.  I know, crazy, but play along.  Under those circumstances, prices being cheap, you'd get a lot of locals from Indy at the game and cheering for the Giants.
    In the SB I don't expect a large Indy-area crowd, and the number that are there will not be loud enough to generate anywhere near the noise the Pats would face there against Indy.  Plus there are a lot of "suits" at every SB that never make a peep.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

This freakkking coach thinks of EVERYTHING!!!

We, as Pats fans, are so very fortunate to have him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I was thinking that in the house that Manning built that the Pat's locker room temperature might be either 60 or 90. 
    With the SB in Indy, against little brother, the Pat's bus will be late and the fire alarm will go off at the hotel at 3 am.
    After all, when it come to being competative on a scale of 10, Irsay is an 11.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Dome Temperature:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4716147/storyline-not-to-be-overlooked-conditioning Why is BB concerned about dome temperature?  I would think the NFL would closely monitor the temperature during the Super Bowl so it doesn't get out of hand like in the 2006 title game. 

You'd have thosught they'd have monitored in 2006, too. They didn't. Of course, BB is concerned. The last time this happened it helped them lose in the 4th. He can't control the temp so he goes for what he can control - conditioning and mental acclimation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantownah. Show beantownah's posts

Glad he's worried about the temperature.  Hope he's spending more time figuring out how to keep the Giants defensive line off of Brady!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Heat and Noise at Lucas for the Pats against Meth and Indy's history vs. Giants...Vegas says -3 Pats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

go no huddle and wear the giants out if it gets too hot.. until they start faking injuries every down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]go no huddle and wear the giants out if it gets too hot.. until they start faking injuries every down.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Aren't they the team that 2(non-injured), injured players hit the deck at the same time?
    I also remember them doing that in SB42 near the 2 minute mark.
    Lots of "cramps" on that team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dome Temperature : Aren't they the team that 2(non-injured), injured players hit the deck at the same time? I also remember them doing that in SB42 near the 2 minute mark. Lots of "cramps" on that team.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

yeah, they did.. the second guy who went down must not have seen the first guy go down. .  for a while it seemed like nearly every down one of their players went down during the no huddle, only to recover quicky and make it in for the next play.

i think the giants were the worst of all of the teams for that this year, after that game other teams started doing it more.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dome Temperature : yeah, they did.. the second guy who went down must not have seen the first guy go down. .  for a while it seemed like nearly every down one of their players went down during the no huddle, only to recover quicky and make it in for the next play. i think the giants were the worst of all of the teams for that this year, after that game other teams started doing it more.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

I know there was an uproar and the league sent out a memo saying it would not be tolerated but were they punished?
    Oh, silly me, it's a NY team.
    Karma, Baby!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dome Temperature : I know there was an uproar and the league sent out a memo saying it would not be tolerated but were they punished? Oh, silly me, it's a NY team. Karma, Baby!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

How do you prove it?  The only way the league will cut down on bogus injuries is if they make a player sit out several plays, and not just one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dome Temperature : How do you prove it?  The only way the league will cut down on bogus injuries is if they make a player sit out several plays, and not just one.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

That one was soooo blatantly obvious but agree it is hard to prove.
    Also agree they need to sit out 3 plays minimum.
    If the guys hurt he can use the rest, since this is such a safety conscious league.  HaHa
    If he's faking, well then it hurts the team.
    I remember another this year where the guy sat on the field because he hurt his hand.
      C'mon man, get off the field and quit faking!

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts