Dominique Easley? Your thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Dominique Easley? Your thoughts?

Cant lie I am somewhat disappointed. Heck of a roll of the dice, I would not gamble on a guy who has been hurt a lot. Ras-I taught me that.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Re: Dominique Easley? Your thoughts?

I agree with the Rasi comparison.  I expect the same production.  Awful pick, now I wish the Pats had traded down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

A roll of the dice indeed!  I think a first round pick should be on an as "can't miss" type player as it can be. This was not such a pick as Easley is undersized and has battled injuries.  Feel like we could have picked up a comparable player in later rounds. 

At least the pats can hope to rotate him with Jones and Nink. Limited snaps might maximize his effectiveness and preserve his brittle body.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 9m Just got it confirmed to me "Seattle got their guy stolen from them" "They packed up shop after that pick". Easley.

Let's go Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

OK. I am getting on board with this! I wanted a DT. The three I had eyes for were all available. But this guy could be the Gronk of DTs... that is BOTH good and bad. When he is on the field he could be the best D lineman on the team. The question is will he be on the field? ESPECIALLY in playoff games.

If we wanted a guy who could take the D to another level this is the guy IF he can stay on the field.

I have decided to not be disappointed. I will be hopeful. Risk yes. But if he hits it is a HUGE hit. And it is in the books. So I am on board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

It looks like BB and staff were clearly comfortable with Easley's medicals. Let's be honest, if he has no injury history, he's never close to NE's range (similar to Donald). Does he present some level of risk? Certainly, but if he can stay healthy, it's a homerun pick... only time will tell. Love his talent and what he'll bring to the front 4 (disruption and intensity), so I'll hope for the best as far as his health/durability goes.

Fans always compare a player with an injury history to Ras-I, because he never amounted to much and was cut after only a couple seasons, but always fail to mention that Gronk missed the entire college season the year he was drafted, yet is regarded as one of the top players in the league at his position.  If healthy, Easley could be one of the most disruptive DL in the NFL, in the mold of Geno Atkins.

Again, only time will tell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Let's try it this way:

1. It is a deep draft overall

2. We will get some good players whether in round 1 or 5

3. So if we have a shot at a guy who might be VERY special but is a risk then take a chance because even if he fails we will add some good players later.

It is a risk. Yes. But we will add talent anyway and if he sticks, if he is on the field, he could be a BIG TIME guy that ends up in the Pats HOF. A guy you can build your D around. Different from Seymour and Vinny but a special guy who is a third type of D lineman.

So yes. Big risk. But I see the upside. And I am sure glad he is not on the Jets or Denver. If he was on Denver and panned out that could be devastating.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It looks like BB and staff were clearly comfortable with Easley's medicals. Let's be honest, if he has no injury history, he's never close to NE's range (similar to Donald). Does he present some level of risk? Certainly, but if he can stay healthy, it's a homerun pick... only time will tell. Love his talent and what he'll bring to the front 4 (disruption and intensity), so I'll hope for the best as far as his health/durability goes.

Fans always compare a player with an injury history to Ras-I, because he never amounted to much and was cut after only a couple seasons, but always fail to mention that Gronk missed the entire college season the year he was drafted, yet is regarded as one of the top players in the league at his position.  If healthy, Easley could be one of the most disruptive DL in the NFL, in the mold of Geno Atkins.

[/QUOTE]

One guy has compared Easley to John Randle. That is something special. Very special. If he can stay on the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One guy has compared Easley to John Randle. That is something special. Very special. If he can stay on the field.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He's on the same level, if not above Donald in terms of talent. They're actually very similar players, with Easley being a touch more talented and athletic. Assuming health, Easley would've been a top-15 pick much like Donald. His knees are why he dropped. If he can stay healthy he's an absolute steal. Dude will be a stud if he can stay on the field. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

This is no doubt  a risky pick. I don't like it but if this kid has good work ethic and is "football first" then this could be  steal. IMHO I would agree with those that compare this to the Ras - I pick. Please let me and the others be wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Great pick huge upside with the rookie salary cap in place little down side. Not concerned with the medicals as acl tears surgery wise not career ending anymore. I believe his biggest strength is his attitude and could be the beast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cant lie I am somewhat disappointed. Heck of a roll of the dice, I would not gamble on a guy who has been hurt a lot. Ras-I taught me that.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

1. The pick did not break my first draft rule of "No Long Snapper."

2. The pick did not break my 2nd draft rule "Who The F is that? "

Finally, I would like to shout out to the inventor of the DVR, you are the man! I did not miss any sleep and I am fresh and ready for today's possible breaking of my 2 draft rules. Which will of course be DVR'd.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The way I look at it is the draft is a crap shoot anyway, where we are selecting there is even less talent to choose from - Easly is a real talent - I think he went a little too early...there was other players on the board, but I don't mind the pick.

I would say the 34 is going to be used less and less here (and that throws a lot of the players I had them picking out the window), but I like the pass rush Easly could have for years to come next to Chandler Jones inside.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Jonathan Fanene, rookie edition.

(Seriously, there's similarity in style between those two from what I read.  Looks like BB is looking for an athletic versatile tackle/end who can play inside or out.  Just have to hope the injury issues don't swamp the boat.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to user_1807930's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

1. The pick did not break my first draft rule of "No Long Snapper."

2. The pick did not break my 2nd draft rule "Who The F is that? "

Finally, I would like to shout out to the inventor of the DVR, you are the man! I did not miss any sleep and I am fresh and ready for today's possible breaking of my 2 draft rules. Which will of course be DVR'd.

[/QUOTE]

hilarious!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The way I look at it is the draft is a crap shoot anyway, where we are selecting there is even less talent to choose from - Easly is a real talent - I think he went a little too early...there was other players on the board, but I don't mind the pick.

I would say the 34 is going to be used less and less here (and that throws a lot of the players I had them picking out the window), but I like the pass rush Easly could have for years to come next to Chandler Jones inside.

[/QUOTE]

yup, get the qb dammit!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Actually every thing you said is true but especially the part I highlighted.

More importantly, did anyone call and check in on PatsEng? You know he had a coronary.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Okay, I hve had a few hours to sleep on it and am done criticizing the pick. 

I think everyone realizes how talented Easley is. A steal given his talent and where he was taken. Clearly bb feels comfortable and has the stones to roll the dice on this kid. Water under the bridge now.

question...does this pick signify any change in pats philosophy along the defensive front? Easley is clearly more athletic and smaller than what we are use to seeing from bb's DL picks at least in the first round if you use Seymour, vw, warren as benchmarks, and more recently, guys he has brought on with armstead, Kelly, siliga. Is bb building something different? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And how's Gronk's availability been the last 24 months?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Hopefully he has a long HOF career.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully he has a long HOF career.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Hall of Fame, not Hospital Orthopedic Floor

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Okay, I hve had a few hours to sleep on it and am done criticizing the pick. 

I think everyone realizes how talented Easley is. A steal given his talent and where he was taken. Clearly bb feels comfortable and has the stones to roll the dice on this kid. Water under the bridge now.

question...does this pick signify any change in pats philosophy along the defensive front? Easley is clearly more athletic and smaller than what we are use to seeing from bb's DL picks at least in the first round if you use Seymour, vw, warren as benchmarks, and more recently, guys he has brought on with armstead, Kelly, siliga. Is bb building something different? 

[/QUOTE]

yes.

the type of corner we have been bringing in suggests teh same thing. 

bb finally coming around to the idea that in this nfl today, on defense you must pressure the qb and cant just play passive giving up time and more potential possessions (and tds)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

BB is definitely emphasizing speed and athleticism more than size and power on the D line.  Even Armstead is more a speed/agility guy than a size guy.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to sml1210's comment:

[QUOTE]

And how's Gronk's availability been the last 24 months?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Gronk's major injury in college was his back, not his, ankle, forearm or knee. How many games has he missed in his Patriot's career due to his back?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ya know.. I predicted this sort of reaction from many here.  Apparently, BB doesn't know something some of you think you do about this draft pick.  Go figure!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!