Dominique Easley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Re: Dominique Easley

I think the two ACL's were too much for BB to Pass up. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

I really hope Easley becomes another one of BB busts.  Will only prove that he is a fool when it comes to drafting.  Drafting the first injury prone player in the draft. Way to go.  Will really have to coach your butt off when all your busts are on the field.

If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct it. So, I'll answer my own questions, ask myself the questions and then give you all the answers.

-- Randy Moss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Patriots selected Florida DT Dominique Easley with the No. 29 overall pick in the NFL draft.
    Easley (6-foot-1 3/4, 288) tore both of his ACLs at UF, with the latest coming last September to end his college career. Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris considers Easley a top-five talent on tape. A violent, quick-twitch three technique, Easley's best season was 2012, when he racked up 8.5 tackles for loss and four sacks in 11 games. Coming out of high school in 2011, Easley was Rivals' No. 7 player in the entire country. He'll be a plus NFL starter if his health cooperates. Easley should be quick to push for playing time next to NT Vince Wilfork. New England's biggest 2013 weakness was its interior defensive line.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here come the know-it-alls.  This is why this board is so awkward to watch during draft weekend.  Clearly, with Easley's versatility, it's a classic BB pick.

Dee Ford is a one trick pony, who went many picks ahead.

Why do adults here fall for this every year and make fools of themselves?  Why? Look at the idiots in the standa at Radio City?

As if it means something right now?

If Brady does not wake up for this team in January, it does not matter.

Anyway, he looks like a Jarvis Green type to me with much greater upside. Can play inside and out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSyI7JIXsvk" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSyI7JIXsvk

[/QUOTE]

Keep making excuses.  Terrible pick. He is a 3rd rounder.

Pathetic.

NEP steal the show by drafting the first player with major injuries.

BB has turned into a laughing stock on draft day. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

BB has an excellent record of picking in the 1st round. And he has other plans in the draft to fill needs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

All three of the guys I was hoping would be there were there:

Nix, Tuitt Hageman. Taking an undersized DT for this team seems weak. And why would they think he was less a risk than any of those three?

I hear great things about his on field effort and first steps. ANd that does make a difference. But he seems like a 2nd or 3rd round type not a first....

OK.. well, I hope I am wrong. Hope most of us are wrong.

Interesting though - he DID take a DT like I wanted !!!! Will he take another or a DE or offensive lineman next like this teeam needs?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well everyone should have seen this one coming. 2 ACL's, numerous other injures, and taken a full round or two ahead of where he was slated. Typical BB pick.

Sigh... lets hope tomorrow brings something good would have much rather potential over injury prone. Maybe he double dips at DT or gets a bigger DE that can move inside too.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Leave it to Beaver, I mean BB.  Well, one thing we all knew was that BB was going to do something none of us thought he would.  And he did not let us down.  IF he can make a complete comeback from 2 torn ACL's the kid could be a hell of a player.  But, I think there were safer picks with just as much upside.  But hey, what the heck do I know? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Hannahman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This guy would have been available in the 3rd round..... Why Bill.....Why???

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no he wouldn't. Many had him in the late 1st or early 2nd.

If he entered the draft last year, he would have gone top 10.  Will Brady not choke yet again?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

You guys realize Easley is easyily a top 5 pick if not for the two torn ACL's?  It's a good gamble by BB and could pay off big.. From what i heard he was a quick healer from the first ACL tear in his left knee so he could and should be able to do the same thing in regards to the right knee. 

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Analysis
    Strengths
    Has natural leverage to give blockers fits. Explodes off the snap -- thrusts into gaps and wins with suddenness. Plays on his feet. Quick, active paws -- shoots his hands and locks out. Disruptive penetrating ability. Relentless and energetic. Excellent pursuit effort -- doesn't quit on plays and chases outside the box and downfield. Has played inside and outside. Works hard in the weight room.
    Weaknesses
    Lacks ideal length and bulk. Could stand to get functionally stronger. Has short arms and can be neutralized by larger linemen. Cannot be counted on to two-gap. Average production. Can be overaggressive and lose sight of the ball. Durability is a concern -- both knees have required ACL surgery.
    Draft Projection
    Rounds 3-4
    Bottom Line
    Undersized, explosive, athletic, high-motor three-technique whose junior season was cut short in Week 3 by a knee injury. Injury history will likely affect his draft stock, but when healthy, he shows the ability to disrupt the backfield and pressure the quarterback. Fits best in an aggressive scheme in which he could use his quickness to slant, stunt and shoot gaps. Medical evaluations will determine draft standing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patriots selected Florida DT Dominique Easley with the No. 29 overall pick in the NFL draft.
    Easley (6-foot-1 3/4, 288) tore both of his ACLs at UF, with the latest coming last September to end his college career. Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris considers Easley a top-five talent on tape. A violent, quick-twitch three technique, Easley's best season was 2012, when he racked up 8.5 tackles for loss and four sacks in 11 games. Coming out of high school in 2011, Easley was Rivals' No. 7 player in the entire country. He'll be a plus NFL starter if his health cooperates. Easley should be quick to push for playing time next to NT Vince Wilfork. New England's biggest 2013 weakness was its interior defensive line.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.   Finally some reason in here.  Leave it to Brady Ball Washers to pretend a top 5 DT/DE hybrid is not needed here.

Unreal.

Absolutely unreal.

Every clip I saw was him first off the snap by a mile. He's so quick, he's taking on two OL.   He should help with WIll Smith, Siliga and maybe even Armstead on the D Line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm sick to my stomach honestly. 

[/QUOTE]

You probably need to get a life if something like that makes you sick.

You tools who pretend your entire life hinges on where a prospect is picked is simply pathetic. You tools do this every year.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

It's not this pick itself imbecile, it's the endless trail of dumb picks BB has made for so many years now. Learn the game, fool.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

How can any of the BB apologists defend this incompetent move.  Every snap for the rest of this guys career we will be wondering if it's going to be his last.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Couldn't they have tried to do the minn trade and still got him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys realize Easley is easyily a top 5 pick if not for the two torn ACL's?  It's a good gamble by BB and could pay off big.. From what i heard he was a quick healer from the first ACL tear in his left knee so he could and should be able to do the same thing in regards to the right knee. 

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

I try to hold on tightly

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

-Times of grace

[/QUOTE]

Well I guess after two ACL's, it would be insane too expect another major injury in the Pro's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All three of the guys I was hoping would be there were there:

Nix, Tuitt Hageman. Taking an undersized DT for this team seems weak. And why would they think he was less a risk than any of those three?

I hear great things about his on field effort and first steps. ANd that does make a difference. But he seems like a 2nd or 3rd round type not a first....

OK.. well, I hope I am wrong. Hope most of us are wrong.

Interesting though - he DID take a DT like I wanted !!!! Will he take another or a DE or offensive lineman next like this teeam needs?

[/QUOTE]

When healthy, he's at least as good as Aaron Donald, who went much higher.

The key is the health, and I'm hoping the Pats did their due diligence.

The Pats need interior pressure. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

Here come the know-it-alls.  This is why this board is so awkward to watch during draft weekend.  Clearly, with Easley's versatility, it's a classic BB pick.

Dee Ford is a one trick pony, who went many picks ahead.

Why do adults here fall for this every year and make fools of themselves?  Why? Look at the idiots in the standa at Radio City?

As if it means something right now?

If Brady does not wake up for this team in January, it does not matter.

Anyway, he looks like a Jarvis Green type to me with much greater upside. Can play inside and out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSyI7JIXsvk" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSyI7JIXsvk

[/QUOTE]

And downside..that is what everyone is concerned about. Plenty of DL on the board with equal creds and no to little injury history and we use a first on a kid that tore both ACLs, plus a number of other leg injuries? I am concerned how he holds up against those big nfl guards inside. It's a very risky pick done in a place in the draft bb didn't need to do it in. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I actually really like the pick. IF we can get a healthy Easley then he will be a stud and provide a great interior rush.

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I don't even care about the injury history that much.  I mean it's not ideal, but whatever.  I just don't get the hype with Easley.  He is another short armed DT whose pass rush production in college was never anything special.  I thought the same about Sharrif Floyd.  I hope Easley is better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.   Finally some reason in here.  Leave it to Brady Ball Washers to pretend a top 5 DT/DE hybrid is not needed here.

Unreal.

Absolutely unreal.

Every clip I saw was him first off the snap by a mile. He's so quick, he's taking on two OL.   He should help with WIll Smith, Siliga and maybe even Armstead on the D Line.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Right Einstein, people should have no reservations about BB taking a guy who will be a rookie with two bad knees. Because BB's other injury gambles have worked out so well, right, dumbkoff:?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2014-05-06/sports/os-dominique-easley-gators-nfl-draft-0506-20140505_1_draft-pick-tony-pauline-nfl-training-camps" rel="nofollow">http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2014-05-06/sports/os-dominique-easley-gators-nfl-draft-0506-20140505_1_draft-pick-tony-pauline-nfl-training-camps

Good info here

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

How can any of the BB apologists defend this incompetent move.  Every snap for the rest of this guys career we will be wondering if it's going to be his last.  

[/QUOTE]

With his injury history his next snap will probably be another ACL.

BB scouting the hospital wards for sleeper talent.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

I try to hold on tightly

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

-Times of grace

[/QUOTE]

No. THey don't realize that, because quite frankly, with Brady being so mediocre for 7 postseason in a row now, this guy will now be a scapegoat because a bunch of annoying little dorky Kiper tools somehow have all the answers.

Revis, Browner, Will Smith as new FA moves to what this club already has, isn't enough.

They want the Kiper trendy pick to sleep well at night.  They're like children.    To pretend they are in on the whole process and with what BB wants, is not only arrogant, it's mortifying to watch.