Dominique Easley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Dominique Easley

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

How can any of the BB apologists defend this incompetent move.  Every snap for the rest of this guys career we will be wondering if it's going to be his last.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

He will make Amendola look like an iron man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

heard that SEA would have pounced if he made it to 32

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well look at it this way, we are picking 29th in the draft, chances are we are not going to get the players we all hoped for at that spot. Having said that, Easly has top 15 talent (if healthy), he is perhaps the best inside pass rusher in this draft (even better than Donald)...he will have 4 more months to get healthy and maybe more. In that time frame there will be 15 guys from this draft who will be injured bad enough in training camp that they will not play next year, and I'm being conservative...meanwhile Easly will be brought along slowly and very likely will have an impact come November.

If Easly is healthy we will have a pass rush, you won't be able to double Jones anymore. A guy like Peyton Manning will not be able to stand there all day long looking over the entire field without a care in the world that he will be hit, Easly could change that.

I would of rather of seen us draft him in the second, but again...we are NOT selecting high in any of these rounds...a lot of these players we are talking about will be gone. Supposedly the draft is deep, we should be able to land a several solid prospects throughout this thing, but Easly has more talent than a "solid" prospect. Knee injuries or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

If healthy, if healthy, if healthy...........

im sorry but if healthy doesn't cut it the first rd.....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Well look at it this way, we are picking 29th in the draft, chances are we are not going to get the players we all hoped for at that spot. Having said, that Easly has top 15 talent (if healthy), he is perhaps the best inside pass rusher in this draft (even better than Donald)...he will have 4 more months to get healthy and maybe more. In that time frame there will be 15 guys from this draft who will be injured bad enough in training camp that they will not play next year, and I'm being conservative...meanwhile Easly will be brought along slowly and very likely will have an impact come November.

If Easly is healthy we will have a pass rush, you won't be able to double Jones anymore. A guy like Peyton Manning will not be able to stand there all day long looking over the entire field without a care in the world that he will be hit, Easly could change that.

I would of rather of seen us draft him in the second, but again...we are NOT selecting high in any of these rounds...a lot of these players we are talking about will be gone. Supposedly the draft is deep, we should be able to land a several solid prospects throughout this thing, but Easly has more talent than a "solid" prospect. Knee injuries or not.

That (in bold) was the same thinking on Armstead last year.   How did that work out?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If healthy Easley would have been a top 10 pick in the draft, he was on that track record. However, two ACL's and not being able to work out prior to the draft so people have no clue how his knees are recovering is a massive massive risk ala Ras-I. Maybe this one pays off but very few that BB has taken with injury problems have stayed healthy.

I think people are reacting to this two fold 1) did he have to take him there vs in the 2nd and 2) With the 1st do you really want someone who people compare to Emtman? Lets hope his career doesn't turn out the same.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

If healthy Easley would have been a top 10 pick in the draft, he was on that track record. However, two ACL's and not being able to work out prior to the draft so people have no clue how his knees are recovering is a massive massive risk ala Ras-I. Maybe this one pays off but very few that BB has taken with injury problems have stayed healthy.

He actually did work out; not at the combine, but he held a personal workout, and 15 teams showed up.  Supposedly, he was extremely impressive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

I'm sick to my stomach honestly. 

You probably need to get a life if something like that makes you sick.

You tools who pretend your entire life hinges on where a prospect is picked is simply pathetic. You tools do this every year.

[object HTMLDivElement]

It's not this pick itself imbecile, it's the endless trail of dumb picks BB has made for so many years now. Learn the game, fool.

His last 4 drafts have been very good, MORON.

Are you even awake at Magnolia Manor tonight, Diapers? Are ya?

I don't think you are.

FACT:

NE will win the division and be in the AFC Title game and Easley himself will have nothing to do with how Brady himself plays in January. That is a fact.

Right, because how horrible the Defense plays has no impact at all on how the offense is forced to play.  Are you really that naive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

You guys realize Easley is easyily a top 5 pick if not for the two torn ACL's?  It's a good gamble by BB and could pay off big.. From what i heard he was a quick healer from the first ACL tear in his left knee so he could and should be able to do the same thing in regards to the right knee. 

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

No. THey don't realize that, because quite frankly, with Brady being so mediocre for 7 postseason in a row now, this guy will now be a scapegoat because a bunch of annoying little dorky Kiper tools somehow have all the answers.

Revis, Browner, Will Smith as new FA moves to what this club already has, isn't enough.

They want the Kiper trendy pick to sleep well at night.  They're like children.    To pretend they are in on the whole process and with what BB wants, is not only arrogant, it's mortifying to watch.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Nobody's talking about TB, you freak!

This is about BB's garbage picks which have been THE problem with this team for 10 years.

Garbage pick.  Will be gone in 2 years. 

Someone really needs to take the keys away from that GM.

What a waste.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I think people are reacting to this two fold 1) did he have to take him there vs in the 2nd and 2) With the 1st do you really want someone who people compare to Emtman? Lets hope his career doesn't turn out the same.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Yes, agree. I don't think he would have lasted until the end of round 2. 

It is what it is now. Wonder what MB thinks of the pick?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2023358-why-dominique-easley-is-the-most-overlooked-prospect-in-2014-nfl-draft

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I change my second round Pats draft pick prediction to whomever played safety for Rutgers, especially if he also played Rugby and is currently injured. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I could call this a steal if BB traded back.. Got an extra pick and then picked up Easley as a high second. Then your getting a 2 for 1 and you can take a risk on this guy. That is just me. Would have loved the minn trade if that was an option. Too many dl/de on the board still for this pick.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014/05/2014-nfl-draft-mike-loykos-final-mock-draft.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014/05/2014-nfl-draft-mike-loykos-final-mock-draft.html

Looks like BB and Loyko think alike. Still too risky a selection with your 1st pick IMO. It's bad enough to have major surgery on one knee. But both knees?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to Hannahman's comment:

This guy would have been available in the 3rd round..... Why Bill.....Why???

Umm, no he wouldn't. Many had him in the late 1st or early 2nd.

If he entered the draft last year, he would have gone top 10.  Will Brady not choke yet again?

Classic Queenie, blaming bb' s poor pick on Brady.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I had Tuitt as the best DL...followed by Easley, then Hageman.  Easley is a TOUGH call.  By all accounts he seems extremely dedicated, but so too, seems Tuitt.  Easley is far more polished (yet still lesser skilled imho than Tuitt)...Everyone DOES talk about his "relentless motor."  Dare I say- "Skill" is 1 of those 'full-terms'.  Tuitt is more polished, has a better 1st step, ...idk-Tuitt and Easley's game's are completely different-2 guys VERY heightened in differing areas to what "makes their game" Good.  Both have Dedication on-field and off...tough call (Easley's been highly discussed however...Tuitt's stats & total game-time, I think are better).  Here's how I'd compare the 2-  Tuitt has the size/strength & strengths straight on across his whole gameplay, Win.  Easley has the- VERY extremely skilled/adept/freakishly great Handful of skill-sets...better than ANY-one else (I'll mention these later). 

I believe Tuitt will be a better Pro, with less of the wildcard factor...  The "Good" "Wildcard" factor with Easley is- REALLY extreme good...If it pays off, In a 1-2, you could see game-altering DT penetrating "blow-up" play, here and there...and relentlessness all game long.  With Tuitt imho-You'll see WELL above average gameplay ALL Day Long, From Day 1 on...with your complete array of TFLs, Sacks, etc..   Easley & Tuitt will be Excellent teammates...and solid and dedicated contributors.   I REALLY like him though.  His 1st step and hand punch are simply Vi-o-Lent nasty good.  6'2 and 288lbs concerns me though..Scheme (in terms of Pats guys right now) & Current Frame =THAT...IS...My "Big" WildCard factor.  Looks like we'll see a 4-3...something like:

Either Strongside-weak Chandler Jones-Dominique Easley-Vince Wilfork-Rob Ninkovich

Or Strongside-weak Rob Ninkovich-Vince Wilfork-Dominique Easley-Chandler Jones

...It worries me-  Both seem light- You MUST flank Easley apart from Nink...or it's too underbalanced on either side.

I LOVED the notion of:

s-w:  Jones-Siliga-VW-Tuitt...or Tuitt-VW-Siliga-Jones...Jones-Tuitt-VW-Nink...Bequette-VW-Tuitt-Jones...Jones-Armstead-VW-Tuitt...  Thought THIS "Ideal" with Tuitt can play either DT/DE, and @ 6'5 308lbs offered more versatility for either completely Big up front...Or Big up front (DT) and quicker (to drop back) at DE (Nink types) <smaller DE's in a slightly quicker yet solid DT 4-3>...or REALLY Big up front w/ whole DL in a 4-2-5 Big Nickel <w/ just 2 LBs>...

Easley is polished from Day 1...but Schematically limited-  You'd want him at weakside DT in a Pro 4-3)...But what do you do with your other personell?  Ya want Jones on SDE...but Jones CAN play WDE.  I don't really want Nink @ SDE...unless on passing downs.  Idk...like I said-Easley pretty much has GOT to NOT be on the same side as Nink in a 4-3 Line, or else ya got 1 side with 6'2 260 <Nink> + Easley @ 6'2 288lbs, so idk????

Here's an excellent tape of Easley that I really like a-lot.  He's GOT to put some weight on...but what's his knee situation? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSyI7JIXsvk" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSyI7JIXsvk

~Alright, alright...I needed a refresher, NOW I remember why I liked Easley-  Because he's a little p#ss-ant.  His DL instincts and adjustments ON the line were IF you made Spikes a D-Lineman...i.e. "Sense and adjust/shift Pre-snap to where I believe I can personally cause as much disruption as humanly possible."  The man does this better than any DL prospect I've ever seen (truth).  He really is a PURE gap-penetrator & his motor is, like I said- thatof a little, punching, wheeling relentless p#ss-ant.  You can see why BB picked him.  He's dedicated his game to a high degree of each & every quality:  effort, polish of moves & counters, off-field training, and almost, how do I phrase this-A polished Instinctual enjoyment to disrupt the opposing team's play on the D-Line.  Very BB.

Lol...I still want Tuitt.  I changed my first mo...Granted 10lbs, Knee hold-up, and Belichick coaching, Dominique Easley very well could be a very nasty play disrupting DT.  Think (gulp)...and I mean, In the Ideal that EVERY-thing holds up-health + weight add-on (THAT is the dual crux)=Sapp-esque.  <  Yea...that one.  Not joking.  But it is THOSE 2 factors...which I am not privy to the inside info upon scrutinizing his body inch by inch, that is paramount.

He's got it though-drive, 1st step freakishly, extreme want & the highest of heightened instincts to gap-disrupt through sensing and shifting/moving pre-snap, polished array of DL moves, very high motor, & violent drive/moves/punch/step, To Do So...and to keep trying to do so, energy-wise.

Like I said...He DOES scream Belichick-type-of-guy.  Polish & Dedication...on & off, dedication to polish, polish to dedicate.  Watch those 3 things:  Hand punch, 1st step, and Pre-snap sense/instinct to shift/adjust=yes, freakshow skilled at these.  And watch within the 1st couple years- 10-30lbs of how well & how fluid & how well he adjusts & balances in his complete frame development towards this added weight, weight distribution, muscle-fat-vs. gameplay, etc..  That'll be the wildcard between good player...and (gulp)-Sapp-esque; Yea-I said it...call me on it later.

Here:  Tuitt-You WILL get JJ Watt-esque...as a dang near Undoubtable Guarantee (yea...call me on this).  Easley-You MAY get Sapp-esque...If and When everything works (yea...call me on it).  You WILL get (walterfootball, excellent comparison)- At worst-Glenn Dorsey-esque type of play.  You make the call...Imo, I had Tuitt & Easley as the Top #1 & #2 guys I wanted with NE's 1st selection.  Not to end on a negative note, But could BB have traded back 4 or spots and selected Easley...mm-hmm, I believe so. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to Hannahman's comment:

This guy would have been available in the 3rd round..... Why Bill.....Why???

Umm, no he wouldn't. Many had him in the late 1st or early 2nd.

If he entered the draft last year, he would have gone top 10.  Will Brady not choke yet again?

Dude, you are a joke.  Look at you try and deflect BB criticism by making Brady comments.  It was a bad pick at # 29, terrible!  BB passed on much better talent at # 29.  This was a kick in the balls, imo.

Look, I also had other players, three DTs I wanted ahead of this guy.

BUT they were not better talents as much as less risk. THis guy was universally thought of as a high first rounder except for the injuries.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Try it THIS way:

In a game where passing is paramount DT is one of the least rated positions. QB, WR, LT, RT, DE, OLB, CB, S, TE, those are the highest rated positions.

Now who is going to even consider taking a DT in the top 5? Yet very many were saying Easley was easily a top 10 pick and some even saying he was a top 5 pick. That says something about how freakishly good he can be.

And you  know more! You know he will work himself back to top line status because he has done it before.

The whole question is about whether he will be able to stay on the field. If yes he could be a bigger factor than anyone since Seymour was in his prime. He could be Gronkesque.

As for when we picked him. Imagine we trade back to early second round and Denver picks him in round 1. Imagine he is healthy and is on the field come playoff time. That could be a game changing player. But playing for Denver and against us rather than the other way round.

I don't find fault with not trading back and not waiting. Either you take the guy or you don't. BB evidently thought if he is going to be on the field you don't want to lose him. Make the risk ONLY whether he is healthy, not whether he is playing against you.

Imagine what he could do to the Jets if he is healthy... and Manning.... and either Kapernic, Wilson, Brees or Rodgers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

What this tells me...

The Patriots will not be a 3/4 team anymore, they signed Will Smith to play end in Ninck's place and then drafted his understudy in Easley.  We will now see a true 4/3 with a real defensive end playing instead of a linebacker, Ninkovich will slide back and rotate at outside linebacker with Collins and Mayo.

Chris Jones or Vellano won't be on the team next season.

Did I like this pick and player, as a first rounder coming off injury to a 3/4 team, no, if Wilfork and Kelly remain healthy it won't matter, Smith and Easley will rack up sacks and the defense will thrive.  If they don't stay healthy we'll wonder why BB didn't draft a nose tackle.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

What this tells me...

The Patriots will not be a 3/4 team anymore, they signed Will Smith to play end in Ninck's place and then drafted his understudy in Easley.  We will now see a true 4/3 with a real defensive end playing instead of a linebacker, Ninkovich will slide back and rotate at outside linebacker with Collins and Mayo.

Did I like this pick and player, as a first rounder coming off injury to a 3/4 team, no, if Wilfork and Kelly remain healthy it won't matter, Smith and Easley will rack up sacks and the defense will thrive.  If they don't stay healthy we'll wonder why BB didn't draft a nose tackle.

+1 my friend texted me about the same sentiment... Hopefully it works out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

What this tells me...

~Wozzy-

My DREAM is that Belichick trades his 3rd, his 4th, both 6th's and his 7th...In order to move in to the #33 Selection spot.  He drafts Tuitt.  Can You even IMAGINE seeing Tuitt, Wilfork, Easley, and Jones...with Collins, Mayo, Hightower, Revis, DMC, Dennard, and Browner-  As your Starting Defense?!?  It'd be absurd.  BB would keep his own 2nd Rder and his 4th Rd Comp selection.  With that lone 2nd Rder He either selects Jarvis Landry or Donte McCrief-whomever is still on the Big Board.  Gotta think 1 of them will be.  Then BB could use his lone remaining selection, His 4th Rd Comp Selection-  And he'd draft his choice of whomever is his highest rated/regarded OC or OG still on the Big Board.

I'd be thrilled with just those 4 super quality selections-  Easley + Tuitt + (Landry) Pure hands WR/and,or/Move TE-WR (McCrief) + Best remaining OC/OG left w/ 4th Rd Comp & on BB's Big Board...  To me, that'd shore up each critical weak point with 4 stellar picks.  You could get buy @ LB with Collins, Mayo, Hightower, Nink, and Bequette;  Every other position would be solid...so WhyTH waste them on lesser guys?  Just shore up 2 stud DL, 1 sure hands quality WR, 1 Interior OL, and wait for training camp cuts for 1-2 Vet big-back RBs & perhaps a couple more cut vet OL.   

Sections
Shortcuts