Donald Brown, Clay Matthews

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cannon-Ball. Show Cannon-Ball's posts

Donald Brown, Clay Matthews

I was looking at ESPN Insiders mock drafts this morning... keep in mind that only 2 of the 6 are actually from ESPN.  So keep your bashing to a minimum.  3 of 6 which are not ESPN are projecting Clay Matthews going to the Patriots.  With Rey Maualuga going around 19...   Mel Kiper has Donald Brown going at 23.  I haven't heard much from fans talking about Clay... but I've heard plenty of you hating on Maroney... so what do you think of these 2 guys?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattadlard. Show mattadlard's posts

Re: Donald Brown, Clay Matthews

I~ just see no need for Brown, we just got Taylor and drafting a RB who would only play about 40 percent of snaps as a first rounder, i just dont see it happening. Matthews sounds like a solid hardworking ball player though. Id ber happy if we took him.  He hasn't come in for private workout yet though so maybe the pats arent looking at him??? I think id rather see Larry English taken though!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cannon-Ball. Show Cannon-Ball's posts

Here is Mel Kiper's picks for us...

23.  Donald Brown           RB            Connecticut
    34.  Connor Barwin          DE/LB     Cinncinatti
    47.  Sean Smith                CB            Utah
    58.  Pat White                  WR           West Virginia
    89.  Cornelius Ingram     TE             Florida
    97.  Scott McKillop           LB             Pittsburgh
    124. Dan Gay                    OT             Baylor

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattadlard. Show mattadlard's posts

I like it apart from Brown. But Barwin, Smith and White are good!!!! Ingram looks good aswell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

As for taking a RB in the 1st. It better be a sure thing. BB went to UCONN in person so he surely has seen him.
    Here's the link  http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_football/2009/03/belichick-wants-to-see-lorenze.html

I really hope we get McKillop. @ 97 that could be the steal of the year. He played very well @ SR Bowl. Athough some get caught up in combine stats and he did do pretty well I think. Remember football is played between the chalk
    Here's a link    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/scott-mckillop?id=71395

As much as everyone here loves Barwin 34 is to high. He's a 1 year DE and it's not like he was playing in SEC. Ayer's atleast lined up across from some of the better OT's and he is considered a one year wonder by some people. Ayers showed up BIG at Sr Bowl can't say I remember Barwin in that game. Not saying these are apples to apples just that it's 1 yr to 1yr. I don't think he would be a waste of a pick but he will need time . He may not last till the next pick so taking him at 34 maybe where we have to get him.

I hope we package some of the late picks to move back up into the meat of this Draft. I say take a chance this year in this deep draft insteed of taking all the late rounders that won't make it anyway. I also think that BB has been waiting on a draft like this to use the parlayed picks. There is alot of talent this year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

this offense places such importance on WR. with Brady we pass almost every down. I think we need another WR like David Givens -- a physical guy who can catch screens and slants and turn them into first downs. Moss and Welker are great, but only 2 proven WR on a team with Brady as QB is prob not enough. I like Hakeem Nicks with the 23rd pick -- then defense and O-line with every other pick. Also, there is a real impressive RB from Purdue who could be had in the mid rounds who will be better than Don Brown.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Welker had a interview in projo paper and he said Lewis was looking good. Robiskie could be that guy also and picked up later that 1st rd. I would like to see Pat White or Harvin in a role like this. These two could also be lined up in the backfield. I wish Maroney was used more like this. One of the reason I don't miss Josh yet anyway. IF only the Sanits could see this is what Bush is made for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I don't see the Pats pursuing Brown. As for Clay Mathews, more than likely he will be gone by the Pats pick and even if he is there, the Pats will likely look in a different direction in terms of position. They need to be very sure of Mathews and his immediate contributions than other prospects. Players like Sintim, English, and Barwin offer a lot more versatility to the Pats than Mathews.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I personally like what Matthews brings but English is a pure Pass rusher,I don't se a fit for Brown but that doesn't mean they won't take him nor does it mean he won't be a very good back in the nfl.I do see them drafting a RB in the 4th round.As for sintim he has the most experience in the Patriot system so he could go to one of 5 teams.It's all chocolate ice cream at this point in time

Sections
Shortcuts