Donald Jones Signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Donald Jones Signed

Per Schefter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Donald Jones Signed

This guy has a high football IQ as well as speed (4.4ish), explosiveness (41 inch vertical) and youth (only 25).  These last 3 elements have been missing from the WR corps for a while.  I'm not expecting 1000 yard seasons from this guy, but I think he can improve on his #'s from Buffalo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Another young, talented, athletic WR. I'm all for it.

Now let's get Abraham, Freeney, and Wilson locked down, along with Talib and another CB.

Get a DT via draft, and then draft BPA from that point on.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

hope they show him that Wilfork hit where he fumbled...and teach him to hold onto that ball :  )

I don't think anyone could have taken that hit without fumbling

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I don't think Jones is anymore guaranteed a spot than Gaffney was last season.

Hes an upgrade over Branch, but if he's replacing Lloyd, then I would say he's a downgrade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/Donald-Jones/a6e4b834-8b38-4869-9d85-defe1d295169

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Any numbers on the contract? I hope this kid can pick up this offense. I really don't want to see another joey galloway/doanld hayes situation.

Usually it takes an hour or two

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think people should be a bit more amped about this signing.  Last offseason other than Lloyd we brought in a bunch of guys either coming off severe injuries or who were old on one year "prove it" deals.  Jones is young and athletic and is just now coming into his prime.  I think this signing has far more upside than any WR we brought in last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

This guy has a high football IQ as well as speed (4.4ish), explosiveness (41 inch vertical) and youth (only 25).  These last 3 elements have been missing from the WR corps for a while.  I'm not expecting 1000 yard seasons from this guy, but I think he can improve on his #'s from Buffalo.

My only question is does this means Lloyd goes? I hope not.  Unless....Unless...There are going to rattle the cage with yet another WR move.

Get Jones on a plane to Brady's mansion right now. Pull the drawbridge, Tom, and let Jones in.

i'm thinking Lloyd is gone after this sign.....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I wouldn't be shocked if Abraham and Wilson are announced next. Jones was rumored in NE first, then Abraham, then Wilson.  Today is just the day to get the lingo right on the contract.

BB took each to Denny's in succession with when they arrived on the plane in Providence. lol

Assuming the Talib or a CB deal is coming shortly as well.  That one, outside of Amendola's, is probably the most delicate.

Yep. It's all coming together. BB has all the cards now!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

ok guys help me out...what kind of WR is Jones? I know he is 6' but is he a burner? Outside the numbers guy we been looking for? Or just a red zone presence?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

ok guys help me out...what kind of WR is Jones? I know he is 6' but is he a burner? Outside the numbers guy we been looking for? Or just a red zone presence?

4.4 speed.  41 inch vertical.  He has a lot of raw tools and he is only 25.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I wouldn't be shocked if Abraham and Wilson are announced next. Jones was rumored in NE first, then Abraham, then Wilson.  Today is just the day to get the lingo right on the contract.

BB took each to Denny's in succession with when they arrived on the plane in Providence. lol

Assuming the Talib or a CB deal is coming shortly as well.  That one, outside of Amendola's, is probably the most delicate.

I disagree they went to either the "Grond Round" or a "99"

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Kind of a route runner type with good hands. High IQ. Nothing flashy from what I've seen.  Flanker, but you could also line him up in the slot.

Think about it like this:

You can line up Amendola, Hernandez or now Jones in the Y or Z positions (if they keep Lloyd) or go out and get another solid WR pick up.

The more WRs you can move around with them running clean routes, the better for our offense.

Welker, and this is not to bash him, was only effective in the slot.  Very effective, but it made it easier on Ds knowing WHERE he'd be.

He also gives us some speed and someone faster than Lloyd.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I disagree they went to either the "Grond Round" or a "99"

It was a joke. The image of BB strolling into a Denny's in Sharon is funnier than a 99 in Norwell.

Lol, I know it was joke but he did take Rodney to one of those places which is hilarious. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I don't think Jones is anymore guaranteed a spot than Gaffney was last season.

Hes an upgrade over Branch, but if he's replacing Lloyd, then I would say he's a downgrade.

This, he's an upgrade over Branch for sure but he's a #3/4 WR with high upside. Nice depth piece still hoping the can find a Z WR

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

love it! Nice, young Wr who would be better than any prospect this year due to his experience and high football IQ as Rusty has pointed out. Anyone that doesnt like deal is crazy. Its a huge upgrade from Branch who couldnt even get open last year. Can play slot or outside and can be a # 2 WR.

The timing of this signing means LLoyd is done and they got Jones on a decent contract!

Great!  Eng, time for you to shut it and start looking at your draft prospects. We are 3 to 4 moves away from being done.

Sections
Shortcuts