Donald Jones Visiting

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Donald Jones Visiting

The Bills cut him-nuff said

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

I feel like this season there will be "Big Holes" on our team and BB is ok with that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Thoughts?

I thought he looked good when we played the Bills 2 years ago. I recall the team liking him more than Stevie J at one point because Stevie was a headcase but atleast Jones is a legit outside WR with speed and ability. How he fits is anyones  guess but we could do much worse and right now he is the best outside WR in terms of who is on our roster. Whoever said "camp body" must not have looked at out roster. Donter Stallworth is a freekng camp body. Donald Jones is a nice YOUNG prospect with the tools to be an outside WR. Can he be a # WR, I dont know but He is bigger and faster than Lloyd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

He put up 41 catches for 441 yards and 4 TDs last year in 12 games. He needs a good QB and a proven system. I actually like this move if it happens and dont consider it a low level, training camp signing. He was a # 2 in Buffalo and I think he has the potential to be a # 1 for us

6 Feet , 215 4.4 speed

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1405948-donald-jones-the-buffalo-bills-most-improved-player

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I didn't know he was still alive?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's another slot guy who's averaged 10 games over the last 2 seasons..... If the sign him and Edelman maybe they think 3 #3 WRs might given you a single seasons worth of games as a #2 WR?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Reports are saying 2yr/12.000000000000000000000000000000001 million. All guaranteed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Come on, really?  Another receiver who has not played a full season the last 2 years, 8 and 12 games, respectively.  Sure he could turn out to be a good pickup if he can stay on the field but here we go again, bringing in quantity instead of quality.  If your TFB you gotta be shaking your head here.  They need to bring in a quality receiver either to replace Lloyd or who will be the featured deeper threat along side Lloyd. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

I loved that hit by big Vince.  Next to the butt fumble gif, I could watch this one all day long too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Come on, really?  Another receiver who has not played a full season the last 2 years, 8 and 12 games, respectively.  Sure he could turn out to be a good pickup if he can stay on the field but here we go again, bringing in quantity instead of quality.  If your TFB you gotta be shaking your head here.  They need to bring in a quality receiver either to replace Lloyd or who will be the featured deeper threat along side Lloyd. 

Still a bit sour from yesterday? I thought a good night's sleep would've done you some good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

How about defense? nothing yet this is concerning me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Still a bit sour from yesterday? I thought a good night's sleep would've done you some good.

Would you be happy if they went into camp with Amendola, Jones, Lloyd, and Slater?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

gawd ya gotta love big vince eh? I got the best xmas present ever this year. a 2x vince game jersey and proudly wear it all the time at work when it's casual friday. the man is just a 10 wheeler on two legs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Would you be happy if they went into camp with Amendola, Jones, Lloyd, and Slater?

Lloyd is what he is. In my opinion, a #2 who can work the sidelines and intermediate parts of the field and ocassionally go deep. 

As far as I'm concerned, Amendola is an upgrade to Welker at this point assuming health.

Slater is a special-teams player, nothing more nothing less.

Jones is an unknown, but it seems like the physical tools are there to be productive, especially as a deep threat. Whether he signs and has an impact remains to be seen, but I think he's an interesting prospect. 

Let's not discount the possibility of Edelman returning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm not sure how many wideouts could take a hit like that from Vince and not cough it up.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

He's another slot guy who's averaged 10 games over the last 2 seasons..... If the sign him and Edelman maybe they think 3 #3 WRs might given you a single seasons worth of games as a #2 WR?

I think you are wrong about this guy. He lined up outside, and looked good. He did play the slot as well.  He  is 6 ft, 215 with 4.4 speed.  He is not playing the slot if he comes here. Are we gonna need 3 at one time??

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Bottom line it looks like we are finally trying to get younger at the WR position.  Branch, Wes and Lloyd might have been the oldest trio of WR in the NFL last season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lloyd is what he is. In my opinion, a #2 who can work the sidelines and intermediate parts of the field and ocassionally go deep. 

As far as I'm concerned, Amendola is an upgrade to Welker at this point assuming health.

Slater is a special-teams player, nothing more nothing less.

Jones is an unknown, but it seems like the physical tools are there to be productive, especially as a deep threat. Whether he signs and has an impact remains to be seen, but I think he's an interesting prospect. 

Let's not discount the possibility of Edelman returning.

What so far have you seen that suggests that:

1) He can come in here and have instant chemistry with Brady

2) He can give you 100recs a season when he hasn't even gotten close to that yet

3) Can stay healhty enough to stay on the field

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

What so far have you seen that suggests that:

1) He can come in here and have instant chemistry with Brady

2) He can give you 100recs a season when he hasn't even gotten close to that yet

3) Can stay healhty enough to stay on the field

Agree, I'm not really getting comments like that. Redsoxfan said on another thread that they now have a better chance at winning the SB with this signing. How? Is DA a shutdown corner too?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Wes meet Vince.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Wes meet Vince.

LOL!! Possibly!  That game is going to be amazing on so many levels now, I can't wait!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts