Donald Jones Visiting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: Donald Jones Visiting

PatsEng - 

Maybe they haven't addressed everything yet in FA (or anything really) but can you point to one defensive FA signing up to this point that you would have liked the Pats to make - talking both player and money. Or for that matter, a single offensive player/contract with the exception of maybe WW.

Personally, I can't. So far the contracts have been bloated or the players uninteresting. When the players I like start signing reasonable money contracts with other teams, then I will start getting worried.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

What are you talking about?

"... but so far I see them taking the same old approach with FA that hasn't worked since 05'."

They were a David Tyree miracle and a Welker drop away from winning 5 Super Bowls in 10 years. Not mention they've been to the playoffs every year since '05 with the exception of the season that Brady went down.

If that isn't working for you, I'd encourage you to lower your expectations.

When you have one of the greatest QB's of all time having sub par FA classes is not acceptable. Really do you think the additionas last year to the WR core and DB core were acceptable? You were happy with the Springs, Boddens, Coles, Gregorys, Stallworths, Gaffneys, Branchs? You don't think if they add proper talent they could have won those SBs or won more? If you think just getting to the playoffs is good enough then there is no hope for you. Players and coaches play for championships and if they come short they don't say, well at least we had a great season, no they work harder to win it next time. Filling a team with mid teir players because they cost less is not a proper way to support the limited resource you have in Brady. They should have been doing what they could to address the issues they had. Now recently in the draft they started to do that (moved up twice to get Jones and Hightower) but how many times have we seem them pass over a player like Goldson in a clear position of need because they were $1 mil short of a deal? Then they turn around and give a vet $1mil in bpnus and cut them in camp. As fans we should demand better in FA to not waste Bradys good years because after he's gone we will be celebrating making to the postseason not fighting for championships.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

PatsEng - 

Maybe they haven't addressed everything yet in FA (or anything really) but can you point to one defensive FA signing up to this point that you would have liked the Pats to make - talking both player and money. Or for that matter, a single offensive player/contract with the exception of maybe WW.

Personally, I can't. So far the contracts have been bloated or the players uninteresting. When the players I like start signing reasonable money contracts with other teams, then I will start getting worried.

How about DRC for 1 year $5mil, I'd like to have him as a CB for that price

Or Quin 5years $25mil, wouldn't mind as a top end S right now

Byrant 5yrs $34 structured in a way that the first two years are cap friendly, we need DT help don't we?

Jason Jones would have made a nice interior rusher

How about resigning our G Thomas, he was very good spelling both Connolly and Mankins. I would have liked to see him as the starting RG or Chad Rinehart who would have made for a great 3rd G to replace Thomas

So who are you waiting for that you feel would improve the team or what players do you see in the crystal ball that will be released to go get?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

What are you talking about?

"... but so far I see them taking the same old approach with FA that hasn't worked since 05'."

They were a David Tyree miracle and a Welker drop away from winning 5 Super Bowls in 10 years. Not mention they've been to the playoffs every year since '05 with the exception of the season that Brady went down.

If that isn't working for you, I'd encourage you to lower your expectations.

When you have one of the greatest QB's of all time having sub par FA classes is not acceptable. Really do you think the additionas last year to the WR core and DB core were acceptable? You were happy with the Springs, Boddens, Coles, Gregorys, Stallworths, Gaffneys, Branchs? You don't think if they add proper talent they could have won those SBs or won more? If you think just getting to the playoffs is good enough then there is no hope for you. Players and coaches play for championships and if they come short they don't say, well at least we had a great season, no they work harder to win it next time. Filling a team with mid teir players because they cost less is not a proper way to support the limited resource you have in Brady. They should have been doing what they could to address the issues they had. Now recently in the draft they started to do that (moved up twice to get Jones and Hightower) but how many times have we seem them pass over a player like Goldson in a clear position of need because they were $1 mil short of a deal? Then they turn around and give a vet $1mil in bpnus and cut them in camp. As fans we should demand better in FA to not waste Bradys good years because after he's gone we will be celebrating making to the postseason not fighting for championships.

I think we all agree with this and I also hated the last 2 offseasons with subpar moves but our money is longer now and I have hope they will make better moves this year. I admit, the Cbs are starting to go and the deals all seam reasonable but lets trust that BB has a plan in place. He had one for Wes but fans dont like it. Lets give Danny a chance and give BB another week to find his guys. He is not gonna bring a guy in and sign right away. He is letting these inflated Ego players go visit teams, be humbled by their offers and come down to reality and then he will step in and take advantage and use leverage, I think. Or he could be working on a trade that may not come to fruition until draft day but regardless of some years being better than others, I cant recall outside of A.D. a year where the Pats were REALLY involved the 1st few days and its still only been a few days. Relax. Take a vacation, get your mind of football, go kiss the wife and be patient. You are gonna blow a gasket at this pace....But I feel You, I really do! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

There is still some FA talent left, but drying up fast. I would like to see the pats get moving and bring in 2 of carey williams / grimes / Talib, Michael Bennett to play opposite jones, and either Nelson or Jennings to play outside WR, or possibly make a trade for one who is not currently listed on the FA top 100. Bb may also be waiting to the draft to grab his WR, but given the lack of picks currently he has to do some more in FA. The mallet rumors are also intriguing as they could net us another 3rd and possibly the DT they just acquired from Oakland. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

The pink hats in this thread are disturbing to me. All TFB12 cares about is Brady and Welker and PatsEng is apparently a knee jerk pink hat and we just didn't know it.

I am sure you were all up in arms when BB dealt a 2nd and 7th for Welker in April of 2007, too.

Really Rusty, seeing your team fall time and time again because of poor FA decisions and lack of ability to pick up talent in the FA market is a pink hat now? Fans should complain when they see an issue and not fix it. Unless you feel your a pink hat too for complaining about Brady and the O

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

The Bills cut him-nuff said

Umm, the Bills are in a bad spot right now with the cap.  It has nothing to do with Jones as a good option to add in the mix.

I show the Bills being at $99.7 mill on their cap as of now and Pats at $98.6.  Not much difference according to my sorce.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The pink hats in this thread are disturbing to me. All TFB12 cares about is Brady and Welker and PatsEng is apparently a knee jerk pink hat and we just didn't know it.

I am sure you were all up in arms when BB dealt a 2nd and 7th for Welker in April of 2007, too.

Um, I care about Super Bowls!! We haven't won one in a long while.  These moves or lack of moves is disturbing! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

The Bills cut him-nuff said

Umm, the Bills are in a bad spot right now with the cap.  It has nothing to do with Jones as a good option to add in the mix.

I show the Bills being at $99.7 mill on their cap as of now and Pats at $98.6.  Not much difference according to my sorce.

do you have a site you use that has current numbers for all the teams?

Yep!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Your buddy Brady and Welker are 0-2 in their last 2 SBs and each made sure we didn't get back to one this year.

THAT is what is disturbing.

I am glad you only care about 2-3 binkies on a 53 man roster in a TEAM sport, but some of us care about the whole team and know what it takes to actually win that SB. It's not about catering to Brady or Welker and it ain't about stats.

We just had 6 seasons of proving why that is the truth. Hope you enjoyed it.

What will be your excuse this year if they don't win the SB?  What will be your excuse this year if they by chance wouldnt even make the playoffs?  I'm curious.. please speculate?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

And Russ, PatsENg and TFB12 are solid contributors to this board and have been for some time. Lay off because you ain't no choir boy cupcake.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Um, I care about Super Bowls!! We haven't won one in a long while.  These moves or lack of moves is disturbing! 

Your buddy Brady and Welker are 0-2 in their last 2 SBs and each made sure we didn't get back to one this year.

I am glad you only care about 2-3 binkies on a 53 man roster in a TEAM sport, but some of us care about the whole team and know what it takes to actually win that SB. It's not about catering to Brady or Welker and it ain't about stats.

If its a team game like you preach and you caress much about the. Whole team like you say, then how can it be Brady's and welkers Fault we lost 2 sb's? I guess your defense takes no blame in this so called team game?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

What will be your excuse this year if they don't win the SB?  What will be your excuse this year if they by chance wouldnt even make the playoffs?  I'm curious.. please speculate?

Did you just say NE might not make the playoffs? LOL!!!

You really are a pink hat, aren't you TFB12?  Can't you just stick to the funny photoshopping here and leave the big boy analysis up to the big boys here?

Come on, Rusty. You rave about every move BB makes, how is that big boy analysis. Fans are allowed to be critical of their teams, it doesn't make them a pink hat (which is probably the stupidest and most overused term thrown around here).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Did anyone notice that good old rusty hasn't responded to any of the latest here?