Donald Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Donald Thomas

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/03/donald_thomas_e.html

This probably adds to the importance of not losing Vollmer as well, and there may be a need to take someone for the O-line in the upcoming draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Donald Thomas

I like Thomas, really don't want to see him go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

The real question is what sort of 'starter' money is he going to get. Mankins starter money (10M) is not happening Connoly starter money (3M) would be possible for the Pats to match. I like him and would like to see him back. I think he would probably be better than Connoly who could be shifted back to Center which is what he was signed for, and then Wendell is a very cost effective back-up.

I don't see teams lining up to give him big bucks, but there are not all that many guards in FA so someone offering 4M is possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If the Patriots draft an olineman in the first round here are your choices: DJ Fluker,Jonathan Cooper or Barrett Jones.I'm all for Jones he can play all line positions and he will be more than capable no matter which position you plug him into.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

The real question is what sort of 'starter' money is he going to get. Mankins starter money (10M) is not happening Connoly starter money (3M) would be possible for the Pats to match. I like him and would like to see him back. I think he would probably be better than Connoly who could be shifted back to Center which is what he was signed for, and then Wendell is a very cost effective back-up.

I don't see teams lining up to give him big bucks, but there are not all that many guards in FA so someone offering 4M is possible.

Yes, maintaining the quality depth and value status of the O'line is important going foreward. Connolly, Wendell and Thomas are keys there. I would would match a manageable increase in pay to keep Thomas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Thomas played this past year for $750 salary and bonus. I could see him commanding starters money from some team for a 3 year deal at $7.5

$3 million signing bonus

$1.25-$2.00 per year

resonable cap hit of $2.15-$3.0 per year, which is similar to Connolly money

I don't see the Pats matching this offer

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

Sections
Shortcuts