done deal for Eagles NT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

done deal for Eagles NT

swapped 5th n 6th rd draft choices

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: done deal for Eagles NT

In response to rkarp's comment:

swapped 5th n 6th rd draft choices

just a swap! Thats a pretty good deal for us! Is he healthy and ready to go? Plug n Play

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sal Pal says he is a bigger, stronger and healthier Kyle Love..Will most likely step into a starting spot withy Vellano rotating in as the 3rd guy....I have to assume either Armstead is simply not going to play this year, or is down to 260-270 lbs...

I have already stated, I believe Kelly's injury is too much to return from...he needs surgery, either now or end of season

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

If Kelly's not coming back that would more than explain the trade.  The Pats would seem to need one anyway but the trade speaks volumns.  Very little given up.  You have to like it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Tommy Kelly is not a NT...we needed a NT whether or not Kelly comes back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow so we may not get to see the Great Armond Armstead after all? Say it aint so!

I hope BB learned his lesson this offseason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Wow so we may not get to see the Great Armond Armstead after all? Say it aint so!

I don't think this has anything to do with Armstead.  We might not see him this season, but Armstead isn't any bigger than Vellano or Jones.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Not necessarily.  The Pats are down Wilfork and possibly Kelly since the start of the season.  Armstead and Sopoago could offset those losses somewhat.  Sopoago is also more of a traditional NT than Armstead, who fits better in a 3-4 as a DE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Sal Pal says he is a bigger, stronger and healthier Kyle Love..Will most likely step into a starting spot withy Vellano rotating in as the 3rd guy....I have to assume either Armstead is simply not going to play this year, or is down to 260-270 lbs...

I have already stated, I believe Kelly's injury is too much to return from...he needs surgery, either now or end of season

It's not a good sign when you have to even mention the name Love when talking about this guy.   Compare him to VW and I feel a lot better.  That said I like the move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

dont think the move can be officially announced until the Pats make a roster move. Seemingly it will be Volmmer to IR

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

It's not a good sign when you have to even mention the name Love when talking about this guy.   Compare him to VW and I feel a lot better.  That said I like the move.

VW is a one of a kind player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought Love was effective here against the run when he was healthy...I do not think this addition is much more than what Love brought to the table

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

THe "cost" is actually very very little.  With the pats in the top 10 teams and the eagles in the bottom third the "cost" is about half a round of a pick on the third day...not much at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I don't think this has anything to do with Armstead.  We might not see him this season, but Armstead isn't any bigger than Vellano or Jones.

Ok good. I was going off Rkarps post. I know if he is down to 270 he may not be able to do much but either way. Would be nice to have a fresh body for playoffs but dont they need to make a decision soon on A.A.?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCapMan. Show TheCapMan's posts

This guy is on the wrong side of 30 and on his way to his worst NFL season. Not good for a DT.  But he has been pretty healthy in his career and comes at a low price for cheap money with no committment.  Good move for a pourous DL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TheCapMan's comment:

This guy is on the wrong side of 30 and on his way to his worst NFL season. Not good for a DT.  But he has been pretty healthy in his career and comes at a low price for cheap money with no committment.  Good move for a pourous DL.

wrong side of 27 for a DT...  This is no great addition by any means.  Another body or to be more specific another no-body.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

You are not going to find anyone even close to VW's level at this stage of the season. If you do, it will be a cost that BB will not be willing to pay. They get a player for swapping picks? Very good deal to get a body who could come in in case another body breaks down yet again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll be happy if this guy can just lean on someone and not get pushed back, because that's what we are lacking right now, and it may not be super obvious right now, but it will when teams run it more in the cold.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'll be happy if this guy can just lean on someone and not get pushed back, because that's what we are lacking right now, and it may not be super obvious right now, but it will when teams run it more in the cold.

Ha Ha,  Bottom ranked run D is kinda obvious right now.

Did you happen to catch the Jets game?  LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What  lesson is that? Don't sign promising young players because they might come down with MRSA?

Sections
Shortcuts