Don't count your chickens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Don't count your chickens

One thread at time guys, just focus on writing your comment.  If we start thinking ahead and commenting on next weeks game or acting like this one is over than the Pats will lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Don't count your chickens:
    Could they beat us? Yes they could. Will they beat us? I dont think so. But that is just how I feel.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I used to coach, like you presently do. We usually knew who we could beat handily. This is going to be tougher than people think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Patriots 45-10

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Pancakespwn,

1) I know they're not the Colts or Saints offense. I also know they have a HOF back and some talented receivers that can take a rookie like McCourty to school with a penalty. I do think they could put up 21, I don't think it's likely but could they? Yes.

2) Any team that has 14 penalties for 125 yds is shooting themselves in the foot. Does it matter how?

3) I hope you're right because I remember Smith running that option pretty well last year in the first matchup. And you're right, they won't change their identity. All I was saying is the secondary needs to be on their toes.

4) IMO if we don't stay balanced we could lose. They'll send everyone on every down if we can't establish anything on the ground and I for one don't want to see TB getting pounded into the ground.

5) lol we're saying the same thing lol

6) I don't remember saying they will get off track. What I did say was don't let it take away from the game plan.

7 & 8) If you want to disagree, add/subtract from any of my opinions great, just do me a favor and act like an adult so maybe I can take you more serious. I'm not really sure why you're acting like a little maggot douchbottle on this. I'm the furthest f-ing thing from a Jets fan so stop responding like I am.
    I said it was my opinion at least two times so if you don't agree move the F on and pick up a post that makes more sense to you.

Oh and BTW-It's pretty f-ing obvious that this will be a big test for the OC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Chung neutralizes LT's speed off the edge.

Brady gets hit a lot.. turns the ball over possibly twice (strip, pick) but throws for 300+ yds with 3-4 TDs.

Sanchez makes a few plays that shows flashes of potential greatness, but finishes with less than 200 yds and 2 turnovers as well.

Overall Pats more prepared and the score will reflect it. Injuries to Jenkins and Revis will play a major part in Jets loss.

Expect a more competive game when they visit us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The only time I count my chickens ( make that Pats' Ws ) is when they are ahead by at least one point and there is 00:00 on the clock at the end of the fourth quarter.  Up to that point, I like the Pats chances to get that W. 

The events of the first weekend of play help those chances, too.  As many have pointed out.. The Jets O is not anywhere near the offensive threat the Bengals offense presented while their D is better than the Bengals.  On the other hand, the Jets D is facing a much more dangerous O than the Ravens presented.  Besides, the Ravens fumbled three times.  It shall be a battle, none the less!

GO PATS!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

One thread at time guys, just focus on writing your comment.  If we start thinking ahead and commenting on next weeks game or acting like this one is over than the Pats will lose.
    Posted by shenanigan

why not, that's what we're for to cuss and discuss what we think the outcome of the gane will be

when i see a thread "don't count your chickens" i see doubt in our team.

These are the New England Patriots, not some HBO team

stop the gloom and doom and have a positive outlook

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I'm expecting a grumpy BB, with an edgy wrinkle for gang green and Mr. Cloverfield.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Don't count your chickens : why not, that's what we're for to cuss and discuss what we think the outcome of the gane will be when i see a thread "don't count your chickens" i see doubt in our team. These are the New England Patriots, not some HBO team stop the gloom and doom and have a positive outlook
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Exactly.  I can't think of anything more fun than talking about how worried and fearful we are for our team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots 45-10
    Posted by Tcal2

i like you man so don't take this the wrong way, you been hitting the hash bong? (wouldn't mind myself sometimes) LOLLaughing

45-10, now that's real confidence. I like it better it than the pink hats predictionsaround here.

i say 31-10

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Jets D.
    You can't really run on these guys.  Baltimore has a pretty good running game but it struggled against the Jets.
    If Revis is out, oh my!  This game could get ugly quick.  No question about a Pats win then.
    The Jets O.
    The Pats will focus on the run and make Sanchez the decision maker of the game.  If the Pats are up forget about it.  The Pats will have Sanchez right where they want him, throwing the football.

The Pats D.
    Still young and unknown.  One game doesn't make a trend.  In a highly intense game such as this how will they perform?  We'll find out.
    The Pat O.
    The strength of the club.  The spread will be on full display with a little running to keep the Jets D honest.  Brady will be in the cross-hairs on this one.

I can't imagine what it will be like in the Jets locker room after a second, high emotional loss.  Do the Jets tank?  I see a let down on the horizon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Don't count your chickens:
    I see a lot of posts about the Jets and how poorly they played, and how bad the offense is and how the Pats will crush them. The way I see it the Pats still have to have a great game in all three areas to win this game. IMO   1) The Pats don't have the Ravens defense   2) Don't lok for the Jets to shoot themselves in the foot with penalties again this week   3) Expect some wild plays being called. Smith out of the option, deep routes...reverses, they won't be conservative this week   4) The Pats aren't going to have a lot of success running but need to stick with it   5) Brady won't have the same amount of time he had last week so they need excellent short game execution   6) The Pats need to keep their heads with regard to play calling. They can't get discombobulated when the Jets get a sack (and they will). Stay disciplined to the game plan approach   7) They need to get pressure on that punter, that guy looked like Phil Mickelson with a wedge in his hands dropping them in wherever he wanted.   8) Mix up the coverage packages, show him one and drop into another and this kid will throw INT's Listen, nobody on this board hates the Jets more than I do but IMO you'd be foolish to not be concerned with that defense. This is a big week, I said way back through the summer that Jets would start 1-2 or 0-3 and that would topple the house of cards, get the NY fans and media against them and then the players will join in pointing the finger. Look what happened after just one game now picture us beating them this week and then they need to go to Miami for their first road game. My guess is the same amount of media coverage will apply in the reverse and we can finally stop listening to it and focus on the Phins, Colts and Ravens for home field throughout.  
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Agreed. Good post, Sam.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

regardless of whos d is better(we know our offense is)  we had a good first game....they didnt....  people say you cant assess on one game (why not) ok lets see what the second game brings....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Don't count your chickens : Sam You are right.  That D is legitimate, and the Jets got a bad string of penalties, fumbles, injuries, etc.  There's a lot of season left, and I'm not writing off the Jets.  I still pick the Pats this week, just think it will take time for the Jets to figure out how to put Sanchez in a position to manage that offense and the Pats will capitalize while they're figuring things out in NY.  The Pats will score just enough to win. But I'll go way the hell out on a limb and say that the Jets beat the Pats in Foxboro if we win there. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

They get the penalties because they are bad.  Undisciplined, out of position, or just flat out not good enough.  We will absolutely HANDLE them, mark my words.  34-17

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

sure...but i like the pats' chances. the jets are no better than they were last year. the pats made big improvements on both sides of the ball.

pats 21 jets 3 at the half
    pats 31 jets 13 final

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabidferret. Show rabidferret's posts

Here's my thoughts on the Jets game:
    http://www.rabidferret.com/revis-island.jpg

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Our D has been hammered the Bengals
    Bill B hates the Jets as much as I do
    Moss is healthy and in a contract year, he'll eat Revis' lunch. Cry all you want about a strained hammy. Meet Mr Moss.
    Our offense is looking excellent.
    Brady hates the Jets as much as I do.

A chicken and an egg are laying in bed, the chicken is smoking a cigarette. the egg looks over and says "I guess that answers that question".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Dirty Sanchez - intestinal fortitude/talent = Patriot blowout.

Bank it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Forget the chickens. The Pats have their ducks in a row.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Hi Sam, love your beer...

Re your first two thoughts:

1) We don't have the Ravens D , but I was really impressed with what I saw last week. The Pats D is young, but I thought they had a lot of swagger and aggressiveness last week - if they can keep that intensity rolling this week, and maintain it for 60 minutes, I believe they will manhandle the Jets O. The Pats D could really be special this year, if they stay mentally tough and trust themselves (and barring injury of course).

2) I am not so sure that the Jets won't continue to commit penalties. I get the sense they are an undisciplined team, and I think its tough to change that behavior in less than 1 week. Fewer penalties maybe... but I get the sense that Rex Ryan doesn't mind taking a few penalties if the Jets can impose their physical will.

For me it comes down to Pats offensive line execution and special teams. If Brady can make the Jets pay for blitzing a few times early (screens, quick slants), it will slow down the pass rush, and then the game is in the Pats hands. He has so many weapons, including some great tight ends, that this seems very possible. If not, then special teams play could be the difference. 

Looking forward to watching this one!

Sections
Shortcuts