Don't count your chickens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Don't count your chickens

Spot on Sam
    History backs this up 1000%. I will say this. if the pats can play with a minimal amount of errors and not turn the ball over they will win. The disappointed will be why did we let them score 17 or 21 on us. Pats 31 Jets 17.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Yes they do have a top 3 defense but that is based on overload blitzing and pressure.  When an offense goes into a spread with 4 and 5 receivers they have to match personal so the strengh for the Jets D (heavy sets, DL and LBs) will be off the field and what they are weak on is on (Secondary).

All you have to look at is how Flaco was able to burn Wilson and Cromarty, I trust Brady even more with all his weapons to take advantage of those guys.  Also you have a very motivated team to go smack the notyets on the mouth.  Will it be a physical game yes absolutely, but when Sanchez sees he's got to bring his team back from been down he will be INT city.

One thing about all these young guys, they have a Patriot chip on their shoulder.  Heard their QB say he hates the Jets, have heard all the comments of the Jets.  you don't think these young guys will be in this game to hurt someone?  Pats will embarase that powerful D, can't wait to game and to see headlines Monday morning in NY.

Pats D will stop their running attack and dare sanchez to beat them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Yup. No one beats the blitz better than Brady and I don't think they liked losing that game in NY last year.   Did not like it one bit.

I expect to see a mix of smash mouth and spread quick reads to hammer them into the ground and demoralize them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Spot on Sam-Adams.  I agree and coukdn't have saud it better myself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Like where you're headed with this but:

1) No, we don't have the Ravens defense but that was a mixture of both the Jets inept offense and the Ravens aggressive defense. If Brady were under center, he'd throw a lot more deep balls considering their secondary was injured. We're not a smash-mouth defense (although we look like we could be soon), but we're that much more complex. Sanchez may not run for his life against his but his preparation, film study, and decision making will be huge. If not, he'll turn it over a few times.

2) This is a toss-up still. Teams take on the personality of their coach and Rex doesn't seem to be a disciplined guy whereas Belichick will demand that his players stay away from the dumb penalties

3) Another poster said Sanchez won't take too many shots down field because our secondary is better than Baltimore's. I disagree. Considering the pressure on this team already, the apparent rift between Rex and Shotty (I read that they got into a physical altercation after the game), and the lack of PSL sales, they're not going to come out conservative. Still, who the hell is afraid of Sanchze "letting it loose?" I'm really not concerned there. Plus, I think they started the Baltimore game with a double reverse.

4) Their running game will be the bubble screens and short passes. It'll give Brady opportunities to get rid of the ball within 2 seconds.

8) They'll confuse the hell out of Sanchez, watch. He'll go back to checking down sooner or later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Nope, I'm not even doing an egg inventory with what all is going on in that industry...

I'm guessing that this will be very much a punch-counter punch contest where the coolest heads will ultimately prevail...

Now that said,  I also look for it to be very "chippy" game too.  Zebras are gonna have their hands full in this one.

Ryan and the Jets are up against it and they are gonna bring it hard with Brady being the key target....

Strap yourselves in....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Our offense was built to stop blitzing defenses like The Ravens, Jets and Eagles. Will it be easy, no. Will The Pats win, yes. 

I have confidence in our defense that they can stop the Jets offense. They'll have to bring their (A) game if with the front 7, but this is the kind of game I expect Spikes to play in all game and show his worth. He'll stop the run. 

On the passing D, no WR on the Jets is above average, when they get Holmes back they'll be a harder to stop, but with Edwards and Cothcery as their 1 and 2 Butler and McCourty can handle them. I fully expect to see Meriweather playing FS this week and Chung keeping his SS position. With Meriweather in the line up I won't see deep balls like what happened when Sanders played FS last week. 

Baltimore may have a better pass-rush, but we have better DBs. 

28-12 Pats. 

Can anyone imagine the Jets, Colts, Raiders and Panthers starting the season 0-2? That would make for a great weekend. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Don't count your chickens:
    I see a lot of posts about the Jets and how poorly they played, and how bad the offense is and how the Pats will crush them. The way I see it the Pats still have to have a great game in all three areas to win this game. IMO   1) The Pats don't have the Ravens defense   2) Don't lok for the Jets to shoot themselves in the foot with penalties again this week   3) Expect some wild plays being called. Smith out of the option, deep routes...reverses, they won't be conservative this week   4) The Pats aren't going to have a lot of success running but need to stick with it   5) Brady won't have the same amount of time he had last week so they need excellent short game execution   6) The Pats need to keep their heads with regard to play calling. They can't get discombobulated when the Jets get a sack (and they will). Stay disciplined to the game plan approach   7) They need to get pressure on that punter, that guy looked like Phil Mickelson with a wedge in his hands dropping them in wherever he wanted.   8) Mix up the coverage packages, show him one and drop into another and this kid will throw INT's Listen, nobody on this board hates the Jets more than I do but IMO you'd be foolish to not be concerned with that defense. This is a big week, I said way back through the summer that Jets would start 1-2 or 0-3 and that would topple the house of cards, get the NY fans and media against them and then the players will join in pointing the finger. Look what happened after just one game now picture us beating them this week and then they need to go to Miami for their first road game. My guess is the same amount of media coverage will apply in the reverse and we can finally stop listening to it and focus on the Phins, Colts and Ravens for home field throughout.  
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Sam

You are right.  That D is legitimate, and the Jets got a bad string of penalties, fumbles, injuries, etc.  There's a lot of season left, and I'm not writing off the Jets.  I still pick the Pats this week, just think it will take time for the Jets to figure out how to put Sanchez in a position to manage that offense and the Pats will capitalize while they're figuring things out in NY.  The Pats will score just enough to win. But I'll go way the hell out on a limb and say that the Jets beat the Pats in Foxboro if we win there. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Remember what we were saying in the preseason--you can't really judge teams until about six weeks into the season.  Last week was encouraging for the Patriots and discouraging for the Jets, but you just can't make too much out of the first week of the season. I think Sam is dead on--this game is going to be challenging.  I think we'll win, but it's way too early in the season to get overconfident about anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Don't count your chickens:
    Yes they do have a top 3 defense but that is based on overload blitzing and pressure.  When an offense goes into a spread with 4 and 5 receivers they have to match personal so the strengh for the Jets D (heavy sets, DL and LBs) will be off the field and what they are weak on is on (Secondary). All you have to look at is how Flaco was able to burn Wilson and Cromarty, I trust Brady even more with all his weapons to take advantage of those guys.  Also you have a very motivated team to go smack the notyets on the mouth.  Will it be a physical game yes absolutely, but when Sanchez sees he's got to bring his team back from been down he will be INT city. One thing about all these young guys, they have a Patriot chip on their shoulder.  Heard their QB say he hates the Jets, have heard all the comments of the Jets.  you don't think these young guys will be in this game to hurt someone?  Pats will embarase that powerful D, can't wait to game and to see headlines Monday morning in NY. Pats D will stop their running attack and dare sanchez to beat them.
    Posted by Pats7393

I've heard many times that blackboard material does nothing to a game's outcome. It still has to be played between the lines. Game planning and preparation wins games. Not board clippings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Thanks Sam- That should save me some time today.
    But I still think we win by TD

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

I am not sold on the Jets edge D.   Baltimore was without Gaither in that game and Baltimore doesn't have any good blocking TEs like NE does.

The personnel advantages that NE has when comparing it to Baltimore and then the idea that Brady is better than Flacco, Moss />Boldin, Welker>Mason, etc, etc, etc.

I would even put the Pats RBs above Baltimore RBs. Ray Rice is GREAT, but as a personnel group, give me NE's corps over McGahee and whoever else they use. McGahee is so overrated.

In a nutshell, NY has to play even better on D than they did last year.  DOn't expect Brady to miss wide open passes in the end zone or make poor throws all through a 1st half.

Flacco tooled Wilson and Cromartie.   Their secondary is actually poor once you get past Revis.   They can be thrown on and Brady kills the blitz.

The question will be the Pats O Line or what they do in max protect situations and on the underneath options and how Welker or anyone else underneath breaks off a route off a blitz.

The WRs have to know when the Jets blitz to break off the route.  I fully expect BB to have been hammering away at this on offense all camp long and in practice this week.

This ain't 2009, folks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

The Jets are who I thought they were.....3rd best in this division.  They have a great defense and looked to upgrade that over the offseason...but their flaws were somewhat exposed during the last game.....if they keep running 1 on 1 with Cromarte and Wilson they are going to get picked apart.  

We drafted to create mis-matches with the Jets....we have 3TE's and Welker that are going to have a field day on short yardage....

I am sure that Jets will have more yards this game than last, running and passing, but the Pats will have more point differential than 1.....I am thinking that the Pats will possibly win by 20..... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

You kidding me?  The Jets?  You're worried about the Jets?  Don't worry about the Jets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

The Patriots cant Panic on offense and just go 3 and out with Brady in the Shotgun.  They need to mix up the plays and get the play action going.  If we stick to the run and chew up the clock. I dont see "Jamarcus Sanchez" Being able to pull off a high scoring game and pull his team from behind to win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Thanks Sam- That should save me some time today. But I still think we win by TD
    Posted by ewhite1065

Guess the number of chickens in the photo and win a prize of ewhite's choosing.
    Good luck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

The only way the Jets can win is if they score on defense and special teams. Pats have to take care of the ball, and stay disciplined on punt and kickoff coverage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm counting all my chickens and the eggs that haven't hatched!  The Pats will crush the Jets.  Sanchez stinks, the D is overrated.  And the Pats are much better than predicted with possibly the best draft class ever in Pats history.

50-3 Pats!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I'm not worried about the Jerks. Concerned, yes as I am with whoever we play. there are to many underlying elements to winning a football game. I'm quite sure the Jerks will play a better game this week, but what excites me the most, (1) Our offense is far superior than the Jerks. (2) This rookie D is exciting to watch an will only get better as each game comes along.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I always get a little cautious when the Pats play a diffisional rival. That said, if the Pats play turnover and penalty free football I think they will be fine. I do agree the spread offense is probably the way to go this weekend. I think our defense will get at least one pick. First I want a victory second I would like it to be a fanny whooping!!!!!!!!!

Go Pats!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

You will seldom, if ever, hear me get overconfident about a game.  That is especially true when we play a division rival.  Take Miami for instance.  They could have a horrible team and still find a way to beat us down there.  Few people seem to grasp a relatively simple concept that good defenses make offenses play bad.  They make QB's inaccurate and make really bad decisions.  They make WR's drop balls.  They make offensive linemen turn into doormats.   Sanchez and the Jets O are bad, but not as bad as they looked against the Ravens.

The Jets D is for real.  The Ravens have a darn good offense.  I think they will show that in the coming weeks.  I expect to see Brady running around and being knocked down quite a bit.  I expect at least one strip sack and a few badly thrown balls that might lead to interceptions.  If I don't see that then I'll create the 1000th "Trade Mankins" thread because we must be better this year.

I also expect the Pats to win.  Yes, their D is for real, but our offense will do more against it than their O will do against our D.  Brady has some intriguing new weapons to work with.  I'm more concerned about coming out of the game healthy than I am about winning.  BUT, never take a division game for granted.  Besides, the past two years have been chock full of people underestimating an upcoming opponent just to find egg on their face on Monday.  That's kind of an official sport on this board; how many reasons can you come up with to marginalize an opponent...  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I agree that way too many people read way too much into week one results. I remember losing to Buffalo 41-0 the first game and the message boards were frantically negative. We did ok that year. 

"The Jets are who I thought they were.....3rd best in this division."

Even if for the sake of argument you are right, that they are the third best team - and that's how I see it too - they are still perfectly capable of beating some good teams including us. 

Anyhow who knows exactly how an NFL game will go before that game is played is a fool. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

1-No but the Jets offense isnt the Colts offense or the Saints. Last year in both contests we held them to 16 points and 14 in two contests last year. Do you really think the Jets are going to put up 21 on Sunday? For that to happen Brady would have to throw 2 picks and one returned to the house. Also the Pats have a better secondary than the Ravens right now (Ed Reed didnt play last week and wont be for some time)

2-Lol they shot themselves in the foot because they had a rookie corner and an overrated corner playing like hot trash. You cant teach something that cant be taught and thats Cromartie. Wilson will progress in time but not in the 6 days they have/had to play us.

3-I hope they do this because then quick 3 and outs and more shots for Brady to run up the score. The Jets are a running team "Ground and Pound" they want to pass it and run these trick plays fine but the Jets arent changing their identity because of one week. 

4-Not something that is likely to happen. Their front 7 is just too good and the Pats early on will spread em out like they did last year. Faulk will likely be the main back in on Sunday and catching passes and running on draws but if the Pats run more than 12 times were losing this game.

5-Lol Dante, and Tom need to look at the Jets blitz and just figure out how to deal with it and last time they showed they can handle it very well. 

6-They will get off track because of a sack? The Pats had a sack last week and stayed on track and were hyped up until mid third quarter when they began to fatigue out which is a bigger problem.

7 and 8- These are things that any NFL coach will handle thanks for the incredible insight.

This game depends on alot of things on offense and this will be Mr.O'Briens first real test. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The Jets are who I thought they were.....3rd best in this division.  They have a great defense and looked to upgrade that over the offseason...but their flaws were somewhat exposed during the last game.....if they keep running 1 on 1 with Cromarte and Wilson they are going to get picked apart.   We drafted to create mis-matches with the Jets....we have 3TE's and Welker that are going to have a field day on short yardage.... I am sure that Jets will have more yards this game than last, running and passing, but the Pats will have more point differential than 1.....I am thinking that the Pats will possibly win by 20..... 
    Posted by m1023us

You aren't Brian O. who lost 25 big ones to me, giving me 28 points in the Pats/Giants SB? This sounds every bit as ridiculous. If they win by 20, good for the Pats. Not sure what the line is right now, but I do expect a closer game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I'm not worried about the Jerks. Concerned, yes as I am with whoever we play. there are to many underlying elements to winning a football game. I'm quite sure the Jerks will play a better game this week, but what excites me the most, (1) Our offense is far superior than the Jerks. (2) This rookie D is exciting to watch an will only get better as each game comes along.
    Posted by southnpatsfan

Hyperbole and contradiction in one breath. If you're not worried about the Jets, then there should be no mention on how young the D is. 

Sections
Shortcuts