Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB

This is fromMike Reiss today... 1. Chung & Spikes close to return. When asked about the importance of safety Patrick Chung (foot) and linebacker Brandon Spikes (knee) returning to the field before the playoffs, Belichick said, "You can only play a player if he's ready to play." Belichick then added, "I think they’re close obviously. They’ve been practicing. Some guys have done more than others. Some guys - it’s a question of really being able to string it together and really get up to the competitive level that they need to be at." This from BB tells me either Chung or Spikes is not ready competitively; i bet its Spikes and not Chung. Although i hope i am wrong and they both can contribute in playoffs at a high level, but Spikes comes off as a non Patriot type player. Again i hope i am wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB

In Response to Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB:
    [QUOTE]This is fromMike Reiss today... 1. Chung & Spikes close to return. When asked about the importance of safety Patrick Chung (foot) and linebacker Brandon Spikes (knee) returning to the field before the playoffs, Belichick said, "You can only play a player if he's ready to play." Belichick then added, "I think they’re close obviously. They’ve been practicing. Some guys have done more than others. Some guys - it’s a question of really being able to string it together and really get up to the competitive level that they need to be at." This from BB tells me either Chung or Spikes is not ready competitively; i bet its Spikes and not Chung. Although i hope i am wrong and they both can contribute in playoffs at a high level, but Spikes comes off as a non Patriot type player. Again i hope i am wrong.
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

Bump

*BEST example of what's wrong with this BDC Board this season, that I've ever seen. Wow...even to the point of drawing his own random conclusions on 1 guy, then adding it into the thread title as what Bill Belichick actually said & believes himself=AWESOME.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

If they are ready, they play, if not we win with out them. Even the non "Patriot Type" player. You have got to be shi--ing me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB : Bump *BEST example of what's wrong with this BDC Board this season, that I've ever seen. Wow...even to the point of drawing his own random conclusions on 1 guy, then adding it into the thread title as what Bill Belichick actually said & believes himself=AWESOME.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Not so bad , he put it in a different paragraph.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB": [QUOTE]In Response to Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB : Bump *BEST example of what's wrong with this BDC Board this season, that I've ever seen. Wow...even to the point of drawing his own random conclusions on 1 guy, then adding it into the thread title as what Bill Belichick actually said & believes himself=AWESOME. Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE] You missed it, you have to stare at the text and unfocus your eyes, then after a few minutes the true meaning will appear.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

SANPAT...good discussion point, but we'll never know for sure.  BB would never ellude to anything of the sort.  If Spikes is dumped next year or whatever, perhaps you can dig this up and say...I TOLD YOU SO! :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If they both aren't playing this week (to some extent or another) then I wouldn't expect to see them in the playoffs...and thus I wouldn't expect a defensive improvement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

[QUOTE]SANPAT...good discussion point, but we'll never know for sure.  BB would never ellude to anything of the sort.  If Spikes is dumped next year or whatever, perhaps you can dig this up and say...I TOLD YOU SO! :)
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

I hope I am wrong but based on what BB said, I have the feeling that we will see Chung this week and not Spikes.  But Spikes brings energy to the defense and is really good run stuffer so hopefuly BB was just blowing smoke.  Two more days till we findout!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

[QUOTE]If they both aren't playing this week (to some extent or another) then I wouldn't expect to see them in the playoffs...and thus I wouldn't expect a defensive improvement.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

It is very unlike BB to callout performance issues to reporters as in  and i quote the coach "Some guys - it’s a question of really being able to string it together and really get up to the competitive level that they need to be at."

This tells me that one of them (likely Spikes) is not competitive and Chung should be on field this weekend.  Either way it will be intersting to watch what happens.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Why 'likely spikes'?  BB didn't differentiate between the players. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB : It is very unlike BB to callout performance issues to reporters as in  and i quote the coach "Some guys - it’s a question of really being able to string it together and really get up to the competitive level that they need to be at." This tells me that one of them (likely Spikes) is not competitive and Chung should be on field this weekend.  Either way it will be intersting to watch what happens.
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I thought both guys were more situational than 3-4 down types when they were drafted. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB": [QUOTE]Why 'likely spikes'?  BB didn't differentiate between the players.  In Response to Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB : Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE] Chung was on field warming up gettin ready to play before reaggrivating his injury. Whereas Spikes has been practicing but has never been able to crack 45 men game day unit. Thats why its likely Spikes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB": [QUOTE]Why 'likely spikes'?  BB didn't differentiate between the players.  In Response to Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB : Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE] Chung was on field warming up gettin ready to play before reaggrivating his injury. Whereas Spikes has been practicing but has never been able to crack 45 men game day unit. Thats why its likely Spikes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Maybe he talking about Vollmer?  He's pretty much miss the same amount of time as the others Hummel's on the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB : Bump *BEST example of what's wrong with this BDC Board this season, that I've ever seen. Wow...even to the point of drawing his own random conclusions on 1 guy, then adding it into the thread title as what Bill Belichick actually said & believes himself=AWESOME.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Hey Laz!  Unfortunately, this is standard fare on the board for several years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB": Chung was on field warming up gettin ready to play before reaggrivating his injury. Whereas Spikes has been practicing but has never been able to crack 45 men game day unit. Thats why its likely Spikes.
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

If that's what you based your conclusions on, then my advice is to not draw any final conclusions based on The Report of 1 day of Practice from 1 day this week alone.  Both players have been off and (practice field) on b/c of injuries, while Chung has missed significantly greater time thus far, career wise due to injuries alone. 

A further pet peev of Laz:  Using unimaginably limited factual resources in order to boost up an already preformulated & previously judged belief you yourself had angled up to the table from the very get-go.  Sorry...biases bug me when they become bolstered not by a clearer & fuller rendition of all the facts which can be offered and then weighed, BUT by narrowing your to look for facts FOR your already angled beliefs, like through a visor, from the very beginning.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB:
    [QUOTE]This is fromMike Reiss today... 1. Chung & Spikes close to return. When asked about the importance of safety Patrick Chung (foot) and linebacker Brandon Spikes (knee) returning to the field before the playoffs, Belichick said, "You can only play a player if he's ready to play." Belichick then added, "I think they’re close obviously. They’ve been practicing. Some guys have done more than others. Some guys - it’s a question of really being able to string it together and really get up to the competitive level that they need to be at." This from BB tells me either Chung or Spikes is not ready competitively; i bet its Spikes and not Chung. Although i hope i am wrong and they both can contribute in playoffs at a high level, but Spikes comes off as a non Patriot type player. Again i hope i am wrong.
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

I think what Bill is actually referring to Chad Pennington and Ryan Leaf, and if he is, he means that Pennington is likely closer to being able to play because Pennnington is a grass seed and grass grows fast just like it heals but Leaf falls and that is the end until next season. 

Don't quote me, bro.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB": You missed it, you have to stare at the text and unfocus your eyes, then after a few minutes the true meaning will appear.

Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

No, you have to play his interviews backwards. I did that with this one and turns out he was actually saying "Spikes is the walrus." Weird.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chung25. Show chung25's posts

Did not see the game, how much did Chung and Spikes play? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB": [QUOTE]Did not see the game, how much did Chung and Spikes play?  Posted by chung25[/QUOTE] This is from Reiss: Spikes played two series in the first half and just the opening half of the second half before his day was over. … There was no holding back safety Patrick Chung, who turned in a wire to wire effort and looked sharp. … When i started the thread this is exactly what i predicted and BB played Chung through and through while spikes didnt even start and was in game for grand total of 18 out of 71 snaps.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB": [QUOTE]In Response to Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB : Bump *BEST example of what's wrong with this BDC Board this season, that I've ever seen. Wow...even to the point of drawing his own random conclusions on 1 guy, then adding it into the thread title as what Bill Belichick actually said & believes himself=AWESOME. Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE] The difference between you and me is that i know what i am talking about. Very rarely does BB talk in press conference abt his player needing to be at a competitive level to get on the field. You would know this if u actually could comprehend what comes out of BB's mouth. But you like most other idiots jump on someone trying to make a valid point. Ive been reading these forums for years and know exactly how much knowledgable everyone here is. You like to go on your monologues that are painfully long to read and rarely its abt "patriots on the front burner".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Dont expect much from SPIKES from BB": The difference between you and me is that i know what i am talking about. Very rarely does BB talk in press conference abt his player needing to be at a competitive level to get on the field. You would know this if u actually could comprehend what comes out of BB's mouth. But you like most other idiots jump on someone trying to make a valid point. Ive been reading these forums for years and know exactly how much knowledgable everyone here is. You like to go on your monologues that are painfully long to read and rarely its abt "patriots on the front burner".
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

Oh, so my bad...I didn't know Belichick meant only Brandon Spikes that he was refering to after I read your opening post saying this:

"When asked about the importance of safety Patrick Chung (foot) and linebacker Brandon Spikes (knee) returning to the field before the playoffs, Belichick said, "You can only play a player if he's ready to play." Belichick then added, "I think they’re close obviously. They’ve been practicing. Some guys have done more than others. Some guys - it’s a question of really being able to string it together and really get up to the competitive level that they need to be at.'"

...my mistake man

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Its alright dude, our team won down from 21-0! Thats what matters. By the way i do enjoy some of your random rants, they r kind of funny. Peace out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I honestly think that Belichick just sees a lot of potential in Spikes and what's to get it out of him. Spikes plays enough and is clearly the guy right behind Spikes and the defense hasn't missed a beat without Mayo in the games where he was injured.
    I think Spikes attacks the line, makes some big hits, and brings a level of emotion that this defense doesn't have outside of him. I think Belichick wants him to be a little more cerebral, but really? Every team needs a nutcase that just sticks his nose in it and isn't afraid. That's Spikes.