Don't know if credible but.... Wilfork going to be cut?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Don't know if credible but.... Wilfork going to be cut?

Demarcus Ware is interesting - love him as a player - but he is coming off a down year due to injuries, if he is cut I'd love to see him here. He reminds me of Randy Moss...a guy who seems to be in decline, but is just such a great player he is worth the risk. Ware at 31 years old may have a couple of good years left, I'd love to see him opposite Chandler Jones out there - offensive tackles would have a hard time dealing with those two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No surprise here. I predicted this months ago. It makes no cap sense to bring the high priced, 33 year old Vince back after such a severe injury. Hate to see him go...but this is part of the Patriot Way. The only scenario in which I see him staying is if he agrees to take a pay cut.

Big, already overweight 320lb man goes down at age of 32 with a NON-CONTACT achillies tear. Plans to come back late during 2014 when he will be 33. Somehow, some here believe that Vince will be just as good as he WASN'T, when he comes back. Oh joy! Bunch of dreamers...........I say he isn't worth the roster spot or the money and that he should become a coach to stay on the team and rovide his leadership in that capacity. 

Who has contact Achilles injuries?  I mean, what is your obsession over dramatizing this whole scenario?

[/QUOTE]

No drama. I'm just emphasizing what is a clear indication of a huge fat dude who has played too long. ANY NON-CONTACT tendon tears are signs of wear, tear, and breaking down, many times from the use of the juice during some time in their history. YOU SAY IT ALL OF THE TIME. Vince isn't a svelt athlete. He isn't gonna come back to be anything close to what he was even this past season IF he does come back. Why are you contradicting what you preach all of the itme about BILL? He doesn't have love fests with his payers. He cuts Vince and Vince ony stays IF he takes a pay cut and accepts a very small role IF he can actually motivate himself to get back in the first place. Fact is, he will have significantly less drive off of that leg forever now, and he is too old and too big to ever be effective more than just a space eater and waste of a valuable DT slot. Watch. 

[/QUOTE]

No one has said he will come back as the old Vince, so you why do you keep repeating that?

What is your malfunction here???  

1. Vince will be cut or restructured to reflect 11.5 million isn't what he''s worth anymore.

2. You, me, Vince, no one really knows how he will be after the thing heals and he starts getting back towards football shape.

This second bullet is VERY important for you to read again, and again and again. LMAO

I will watch. I will watch, wait and see.  

[/QUOTE]

This is where you are wrong. Its called DEDUCTIVE REASONING genius, and it can be used to predict the outcome when you factor in:

Non-contact, 33 yr. old, morbidly obese fat guy, who is in his physical decline as science proves out.

The way you are using your #2 above is just like saying, "There's no way anyone can be sure that the sun will come up tomorrow." No shyte you genius.....try calculated logic you "MORON", ironically your favorite word.. 

[/QUOTE]

Vince Wilfork is one of the most athletic DTs in the history of the NFL at that size. Is Warren Sapp morbidly  obese? Is Ngata "morbidly obese"?

MY god.

Seek help. I'd be concerned of Vince's after-NFL life and his health than his regimented diet now and training program over his career.  He's kept in very good shape for someone who otherwise would be morbidly obese without playing in the NFL.

LOL @ "morbidly obese"

Like I said, dramatic much?

All of a sudden, out of the woodwork he's "morbidly obese"?  Why didn't you say that 5 years ago?

[/QUOTE]

I never thought I had to say it, isn't it obvious??? And, so you know, Vince WAS one of the most athletic DTs. The injury absolutely changes that now, if he hadnt already lost that status even before it.  Russ, relax, we dont agree. I can live with that. Its all good. Just accept that I am correct and you are wrong. LOL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Reach Around Rusty doesn't think Vince Wilfork is obese?????

Maybe because Reach Around Rusty is obese and doesn't want to face the fatty music.

Recently, while sitting on his coach eating fifteen Whoppers dipped in pork lard, defensive tackle Vince Wilfork decided to look at the weight clause in his new contract with the Patriots. This is what he likely saw:

$1.185 million in weight bonuses:
    2010: $150,000
    2011: $135,000
    2012: $300,000
    2013: $300,000
    2014: $300,000

Whether he simply misinterpreted the data, or his arteries where so clogged they were preventing oxygen from reaching his brain, Vince decided that the only way for him to meet his weight bonus milestones was to eat more. This explains why employees at a Watertown KFC have emailed us daily updates on Wilfork driving up to the take-out window in a rented U-Haul truck, ordering 157 buckets of extra crispy and about 500 gallons of gravy.

Fortunately, Pats Pulpit's Marima has intervened and contacted Wilfork's wife, Bianca. We're told Vince has been informed that the incentives are for him to lose the weight. Embarrassed, disappointed, and slightly annoyed that he bought $50,000 of fried chicken for nothing, Vince has agreed to be put on a low-fat, cottage cheese diet... dipped in pork lard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Ok, I admit I am a sentimentalist. It is sad to see beloved players age, get injured and potentially get cut. 

Unfortunately, there is no senior league in the NFL, no place for older, still inspiring guys to go and show us they can still do it. A place where Seau could have played forever.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, I admit I am a sentimentalist. It is sad to see beloved players age, get injured and potentially get cut. 

Unfortunately, there is no senior league in the NFL, no place for older, still inspiring guys to go and show us they can still do it. A place where Seau could have played forever.....

[/QUOTE]

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm going to say that Vince restructures and stays put.  I don't think the pats can afford to lose this leadership at this point....

[/QUOTE]

I think he gets cut. I doubt any team will pay a big sum for him given his injury, weight and age combination. He ends up being back with the Pats on a better deal, somehow. 

[/QUOTE]

weight? you're looking to put a thin guy in the middle of the D line?

[/QUOTE]

NO... but those injuries are harder to get back from if you are a 340 lb guy. He's probably 365 now. They will still need a 320+ lb guy in the middle, but probably one who does not have to deal with recovering from a serious ankle injury.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Demarcus Ware is interesting - love him as a player - but he is coming off a down year due to injuries, if he is cut I'd love to see him here. He reminds me of Randy Moss...a guy who seems to be in decline, but is just such a great player he is worth the risk. Ware at 31 years old may have a couple of good years left, I'd love to see him opposite Chandler Jones out there - offensive tackles would have a hard time dealing with those two.

[/QUOTE]

He has Dallas by the kahonas,,,,big time. Crazy high CAP number. However if the cut him he still carries close to 9 Mil in dead. Also Dallas has nobody to take his place. He's at the age where another extention only causes more CAP issues for Dallas.

Whether it's Ware, Smith or someone else Jones needs help rushing the passer by bringing in somebody that can get the double team off Jones.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has Dallas by the kahonas,,,,big time. Crazy high CAP number. However if the cut him he still carries close to 9 Mil in dead. Also Dallas has nobody to take his place. He's at the age where another extention only causes more CAP issues for Dallas.

Whether it's Ware, Smith or someone else Jones needs help rushing the passer by bringing in somebody that can get the double team off Jones.

[/QUOTE]

Hurlie doesn't believe in cap hell, Pension. Remember? He thinks it's a myth. lmao

[/QUOTE]

There's one team in "salary cap hell" and it's Dallas, but what do you expect from them? They are run by their owner...a guy with a plastic face. This is the scary "salary cap hell" you talk about? This is it? This is what's so frightening and the reason why we should never...ever, sign a good free agent? 

Lmao (<ps, I did that to make you feel better).

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Vince got hurt cause we used him too much. Guy never had good enough backup to properly spell him. He got beat on with double and triple teams every game and there was no one there to rest him. It's a shame cause he should retire a pat.  But not at these prices.  I think he comes back mid season and is in effective if he comes back for us.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vince got hurt cause we used him too much. Guy never had good enough backup to properly spell him. He got beat on with double and triple teams every game and there was no one there to rest him. It's a shame cause he should retire a pat.  But not at these prices.  I think he comes back mid season and is in effective if he comes back for us.   

[/QUOTE]

All true. Wear and tear was the issue. Dude was great while he lasted. One of the All Time Great Patriots and HOFer for sure. Now, IF he returns, it would not be anything special aside from him making it back. He would probably be a 350lb. pylon with very little lateral movement. Make him a coach BILL!!! fingers crossed.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

One thing to consider is that Vince almost certainly would have been extended if he wasn't injured. He wasn't going to play at an 11.3 cap hit, and unless he completely lost his physical skills we would want him for the next 3 years at a more reasonable contract. It happens to all big contracts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mankins get an extension after the way he played in the post season mauling DT's for Blount and Ridley.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing to consider is that Vince almost certainly would have been extended if he wasn't injured. He wasn't going to play at an 11.3 cap hit, and unless he completely lost his physical skills we would want him for the next 3 years at a more reasonable contract. It happens to all big contracts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mankins get an extension after the way he played in the post season mauling DT's for Blount and Ridley.

[/QUOTE]

No, you're right, Vince would of been extended...there was no way he was going to play at that cap figure this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good post Philskiw1.  I never really took the used him too much, no back up, wear and tear into consideration.  You make a very fine point. Sadly.  I would like to see him back like the Vince of old but I'm with RallyC on this one, he isn't going to be the same.  Not even close.  Lets put him as a coach! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What's riskier, relying on Brian Roberts as your everyday 2B or VW as your NT?

What I've said from the beginning, wait until June 1, cut him and resign (if he's willing) to a one year, vet minimum deal with playing time incentives. Worst case, he can't go and costs a couple mil against the cap plus another couple mil next year. Best case, he's the old (young) VW.

I think he's worth the gamble. Beyond that, let some other team spend the money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's riskier, relying on Brian Roberts as your everyday 2B or VW as your NT?

What I've said from the beginning, wait until June 1, cut him and resign (if he's willing) to a one year, vet minimum deal with playing time incentives. Worst case, he can't go and costs a couple mil against the cap plus another couple mil next year. Best case, he's the old (young) VW.

I think he's worth the gamble. Beyond that, let some other team spend the money.

[/QUOTE]

Muz last year of the deal, so it all counts this year regardless if you release him prior to June 1st or post June 1st.

Not to mention, they need the cap space to sign draft picks and other FA's. $7mil is a lot to hold on to until June 1st. That would prevent you from signing 2-4 players come FA. And no the mythical 2nd FA period everyone around here loves to believe in doesn't really exist. You find retreads no one else wants at that point and you are basically scrapping the bottom of the barrell for talent. Extremely rarely do you ever find a good player that does more than a basical sub role past June 1st pre last cut down. You can't risk not getting FA's simply to hold off till June 1st to get $7mil back

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Muz last year of the deal, so it all counts this year regardless if you release him prior to June 1st or post June 1st.

Not to mention, they need the cap space to sign draft picks and other FA's. $7mil is a lot to hold on to until June 1st. That would prevent you from signing 2-4 players come FA. And no the mythical 2nd FA period everyone around here loves to believe in doesn't really exist. You find retreads no one else wants at that point and you are basically scrapping the bottom of the barrell for talent. Extremely rarely do you ever find a good player that does more than a basical sub role past June 1st pre last cut down. You can't risk not getting FA's simply to hold off till June 1st to get $7mil back

[/QUOTE]

You're right about the first part, forgot it was his final year.

But, no matter what they do he's going to cost at least $3 or $4 mil against the cap. Dead money is $3.6. If they extend him say three years, that's $11.6 divided by three (or four?) years. That's why I say cut him (I guess no need to wait until June though) and try and re-sign him to a min salary. If he balks, he walks. There's really no downside, other than you lose a guy we all like. But, that's part of the NFL deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good post Philskiw1.  I never really took the used him too much, no back up, wear and tear into consideration.  You make a very fine point. Sadly.  I would like to see him back like the Vince of old but I'm with RallyC on this one, he isn't going to be the same.  Not even close.  Lets put him as a coach! 

[/QUOTE]

I always thought they used him too much...talk about getting a return on your investment, they road him till his wheels fell off. I was at a game a few years ago and he hurt his ankle, he was rolling around on the ground...I thought...there goes our best defender. Two plays later he was back out there limping around. I have never seen a 350 pound guy play so much, that surely wasn't the plan when they drafted Brace, but like so many others they brought in to spell Vince, Brace was a bust (so was Shaun Ellis, Fanene, Haynesworth, Armstrong, Wright, Pryor...on and on). I'm surprised he lasted that long, hell even Kelly was a mistake when you think about it - they signed an old defensive tackle who tore up his old knee in a non contact play...not surprising.

They need to find some good, young defensive tackles. We used to win Super Bowl because of players like that...Seymore, Vince, Green, Warren...these guys could provide just enough pressure and keep our linebackers clean. We don't have that anymore, it's a big big problem.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

You know, when I look at that list, and then see the players on it, comparing that to Vince not going anywhere if cut, I have to say yet again, thanks to BB.

Whoa. Vince ain't going anywhere, but most of those players are, many of whom will try to hang on for one last shot somewhere.

Look at the overpaid players on that list and realize how badly they have handicapped those franchises.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Earl Bennett in here a veteran camp invite.  Reggie Nelson also might interested in being in a better position than he has been in Cincy. The more Safeties in the market, the better chance we can get a veteran on a good deal. Then again, Nelson is a Florida guy who ran with Hernandez and Pouncey. Pass.

I still wonder what Ware is looking for.  What an add he'd be in here.  I wonder how much Peppers has left or would want at this point.

CB Dimitri Patterson might be worth a look in here, too especially if Talib is asking for too much.  

Note the woring under the Jets portion. LOL. It says this:

"I don't care if you spend this cap space, but continue to get your books in order for future seasons by letting dead weight go."

Yep. Cap Hell.

[/QUOTE]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

don't you mean "thanks Brady"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

If they cut him after June 1, can't they spread their dead money over 2 seasons?

his cap is little over 11 mil, 3.6 dead money, the rest salary, saved if cut 8m. I would rather save 8 mil and eat 3.6m especially if we could spread that out over 2 seasons.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Suggs-type deal ahead for Wilfork? February, 17, 2014 FEB 17 4:00 PM ET By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com Details have emerged of the  long-term extension signed by Ravens outside linebacker  Terrell Suggs, which could keep Suggs in Baltimore for the entirety of his career. Suggs said at a Monday press conference, "I'm truly flattered and honored that I get to be Raven for life." 

The four-year extension runs through the 2018 season, so over the next five years Suggs will receive $16 million in bonuses and guarantees up to $28 million. 

With a cap number that was scheduled to be $12.6 million for the 2014 season -- the last year of his previous deal -- the Ravens had multiple motivations for the deal. 

Mainly, they extended a core contributor and leader of their defense while also creating cap flexibility with the extension. 

Wilfork The situation got us thinking about the Patriots and  Vince Wilfork

Wilfork is 32, less than a year older than Suggs, and is currently entering the final year of his contract with a large cap number at $11.6 million. Wilfork is recovering from an Achilles tear, one of two major injuries that Suggs recently recovered from as well (he started the 2012 season on PUP following the offseason tear). 

The Patriots also view Wilfork as a central focus of their defense, and an extension could be something on their radar. The extension would not only lock up the hulking nose tackle, it could afford the team salary-cap flexibility, a coveted asset for any NFL franchise. 

It's hard to project just how much money Wilfork would seek on the open market next offseason and where the Patriots would value him if they discussed an extension right now, but Suggs' new deal with the Ravens seems like a plausible course of action for the Patriots as they continue to evaluate their offseason finances.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

^True, I saw this and I doubt Wilfork touches the typer of extension Thugz got. that's alot of money for anyone especially a guy turning 32/33 and 360 pounds being overworked the last 3 years then popped his achilles

just dont think that kind of money would be team friendly

25. This post has been removed.