Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow.

russ they are going on passing stats...

i think they can switch back and forth when ever they want... and do and will (from 4-3 to 3-4) through out the year... it gives them options.. of the 4 main inside tackles (when we go 4-3) two are out...

guyton surely wiffed on bush's td but he has been a backup and comes in and covers... hes not playing the run...i think fletcher will see more time as well...

we really should be 4-0 but i think things are coming along nicely.... I think our D is better thans stats say...but I guess you gotta live with it...

i thought BB had a great line after the game ...when a reporter asked him even though the d played better they actually gave up more yards than when they lost and BB said this week we won so Im happy...last week we lost so I wasnt happy but right after he said but there are a lot of things we need to improve on...

all these "objective" fans will disappear into the cyberworld later in the season... kinda like the jest trolls are not too mouthy right now

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow.

From Belichick's press conference:

Q: Did it help that Gary Guyton had been in that situation a few years back, in terms of knowing how to come in and what to do?  

BB: Yeah, well Gary and Jerod came in together. They're very close, personally and [they] play well next to each other. They have great communication and both guys kind of can do what the other one does. They flip assignments and positions regularly on the defense just to change up the looks, just to have a different guy doing it - within the structure of the defense, having different guys doing it to make the offense read it differently and so forth. I think Gary has good experience and he knows all the positions - any inside linebacker part of the defense, regardless of what our front is and so forth, he's pretty adept and he's a real sharp guy.  

Q: Is it safe to assume that with Jerod Mayo out, Gary Guyton will be the one to fill in?  

BB: Well, we'll see what the game plan is going forward here. But certainly Gary has had a big role in our defense over the last three years and I'm sure he'll continue to. He's a key guy for us and he's done a good job. He's done various things: played in sub defenses, played in regular defenses, played our middle linebacker spot, played our other inside linebacker spot, what we'll call the Will. He's done a lot of things.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow.:
    [QUOTE]he has been that way for a while....and all he brings to the table is supposedly...coverage......time to cut him
    Posted by fishers5[/QUOTE]

his "coverage" sucks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow. : Who was the guy standing around ont he play that the announcer pointed out?? I saw him do it multiple times, just watched the play run right by him.  If that was guyton I dont care if we put the dang water boy in.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

yes you are talking about guyton (and the announcer was).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I love the way fans want to cut guys when there's no one better to replace them!   Guyton is a reasonably good and somewhat versatile back-up LB--no more, no less.  He's on the team because he can play a number of linebacking roles at a competent (though not exceptional) level.  Yeah, it would be great to have better LBs--but who?  Ninkovich, Fletcher, Cunningham. . . are any of them really better than Guyton?  I don't see it.  Mayo is the only excellent LB we have, with Spikes maybe knocking at the door.  The rest, though, are a lot of JAGs--and Guyton is at least as good as any of that pack. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

"He's on the team because he can play a number of linebacking roles at a competen

i dint say anything about what we do or dont do with him. he was NO EFFORT as in no effort. so if he's on the team you better lay into him (unless hes injured and barely holding it together in which case take him of F the field hes hurting the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow. : Guyton is brutal..  He looks clueless much of the time, and on the play he got called out on - I am nto sure what he was doing.. Trying to make a tackle was certainly no it....
    Posted by patsfansyr[/QUOTE]

IT WASNT ONLY THAT PLAY. watch the 4th quarter watch oaklands last touchdown. looked like his head and heart where someplace else. didnt appear to want to be there. standing around

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I look for a progression: I see it with our offense, our D and even Ochocinco.  If this wasn't happening, I'd be concerned. $100 BB goes exotic this week on Marky Mark and the D looks very good.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

agree about the d progresion hadnt got to d evaluation yet

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow. : Explain, please? I can name 10 Ds far worse than this one and it includes the Jets. If Brady doesn't toss 4 INTs last week, we allow 20 points to Buffalo.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

How is our defense better than the Jets. I know you were not watching the game last night because the Jets defense played great last night. They single handedly kept the Jets in it long enough for the Jets offense screw it up again and again. By the way, Revis is still better than McCourty no matter what you say.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I love the way fans want to cut guys when there's no one better to replace them!   Guyton is a reasonably good and somewhat versatile back-up LB--no more, no less.  He's on the team because he can play a number of linebacking roles at a competent (though not exceptional) level. ...

do you ever go to the sox boards and see the cut wake threads. it wasn't like dice-k and buc were available. lackey was officially the worst starter in mlb. and even lester wasn't pitching better in the third trimester. so this cut guyton thread with no replacement i;d say is par for course.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I love the way fans want to cut guys when there's no one better to replace them!   Guyton is a reasonably good and somewhat versatile back-up LB--no more, no less.  He's on the team because he can play a number of linebacking roles at a competent (though not exceptional) level.  Yeah, it would be great to have better LBs--but who?  Ninkovich, Fletcher, Cunningham. . . are any of them really better than Guyton?  I don't see it.  Mayo is the only excellent LB we have, with Spikes maybe knocking at the door.  The rest, though, are a lot of JAGs--and Guyton is at least as good as any of that pack. 

Yeah, no kidding.  At least have someone better to replace him before you cut him.  In fact, there is a new rule the Pats have that says they must have a better replacement on the roster before someone is cut.  They named it the Merriweather rule.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow. : do you ever go to the sox boards and see the cut wake threads. it wasn't like dice-k and buc were available. lackey was officially the worst starter in mlb. and even lester wasn't pitching better in the third trimester. so this cut guyton thread with no replacement i;d say is par for course.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

hey searttle. how goes it?
    did i miss it. who said to cut guyton. not that he doesnt deserve a a chewing out, but yeah we are already low on lbs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow. : Yeah, no kidding.  At least have someone better to replace him before you cut him.  In fact, there is a new rule the Pats have that says they must have a better replacement on the roster before someone is cut.  They named it the Merriweather rule.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

thats funny caraway.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow. : do you ever go to the sox boards and see the cut wake threads. it wasn't like dice-k and buc were available. lackey was officially the worst starter in mlb. and even lester wasn't pitching better in the third trimester. so this cut guyton thread with no replacement i;d say is par for course.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

I stopped following the Sox after Jimmy Williams failed to pull Pedro in the final game of that Yankees series a few years ago.  Then the Sox started winning, so I figured it would be bad luck if I ever started watching them again.  

Now that I'm living in Toronto, I'm trying to become a Leafs fan . . . it seems like the same kind of exercise in futility that I liked so much when I was a big Sox fan in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if he is hurt, but guyton played absolutely lame in the 4th quarter. wow. : Yeah, no kidding.  At least have someone better to replace him before you cut him.  In fact, there is a new rule the Pats have that says they must have a better replacement on the roster before someone is cut.  They named it the Merriweather rule.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I like it . . . it sort of follows the Branch rule and the Samuel rule and the Seymour rule  . . . 

Sections
Shortcuts