Don't like the patch on Jersey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: Don't like the patch on Jersey

In Response to Don't like the patch on Jersey:
    [QUOTE]I think they need to change that patch, make it a little smaller with just 2 innitials, change the color too.  They all look like they're wearing  Gas Station jackets with their name tags.   Anyone else agree???    Just put her 2 innitials on a sticker on the back of the helmet like they did with That player that died a few years back.  They put his number 91 on the back of the helmet.  
    Posted by Wingman23[/QUOTE]
    I think the patch looks classy.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Don't like the patch on Jersey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Don't like the patch on Jersey : I think the patch looks classy.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

Likewise...  And it would sorta defeat the selfless, egoless, non-personal gain, hopefully at the core of someone like Myra Kraft's charitable efforts & work, By having some gaudy, overstated & in-your-face, symbol of what she stood for. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Definately.  And I HEAR ya...  Hey, maybe they could just ball-point pen the name "Myra" on the center portion on the bottom of their cleats, this way it'll be like with every time they step on the ground, it can be like they're burying her deeper, ya know?  I mean, ANY-where, but definately NOT with a 2 inch barely visible patch on the outside of their jerseys, right?  That's like, "Hey, Why don't you just wreck the ENTIRE game for me, b/c I can't even concentrate knowin' that 2 inch patch is there...somewhere!?!"  Puttin' initials on their jockstraps, is definately below good-taste, but I see no reason at all that they can't just very lightly & in extremely small print (1/2 inch or so) magic marker "mk" somewhere inside their shoulder pads, or on the inside of a few guys's 1 kneepad, or something.  Also, I'd like to take the time now to chastize and berate Derrick Mason on The Jets, b/c he said ALL year, he'll be wearing cleats with a small pink stripe on each shoe, in order to show his support for his mother, who's now suddenly going through her 2nd far worse, remission with cancer...  Honestly, football is football, and I don't want any sorta meaningless message dedicated to whatever meaningless & ridiculously unworthy-of-my-care life event that'chre tryin' to deal with...  IF I saw Mason on the field I'd tell him point-blank, "You look gay."  And when he'd say, "I'm doing it to pay homage to my dieing mother, and to show her that my strength is HER strength, and that I'll be thinking of her, Always...", Chances are, I'd just say, "Weak. Get your priorities straight pal...If I was your coach, I'd fine you every time you dropped a pass, b/c I'd know your head was elsewhere, and you weren't completely dedicated to the game."  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    Wonderfull

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

You have to be kidding me with this thread.  Have you not heard current and former Patriots say how much MHK meant to them?  Seriously consider your thoughts before posting next time -- I think your fingers got ahead of your brain. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't like the patch on Jersey : Likewise...  And it would sorta defeat the selfless, egoless, non-personal gain, hopefully at the core of someone like Myra Kraft's charitable efforts & work, By having some gaudy, overstated & in-your-face, symbol of what she stood for. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Laz, I think your patch would cover the entire uniform, even using 8-point font, lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

[QUOTE]watch out.  you're about to become road kill.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

gary did warn ya.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

and laz, that's one of the funniest things i've read in a long time

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think it looks just fine, great year long tribute!  As far as the design of it, the NFL probably has  rules on this type of thing and only allow certain things.

Each person has their opinion, but really the only thing that matters is if Mr. Kraft likes it, and if he does which I'm sure it was ran by him, then it's good enough for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yeah, it should be much smaller and they probably should put it in the back of the shirt maybe the lower left hand corner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nishan6t4. Show nishan6t4's posts

dumb

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

It just occured to me I've wasted way too much time on this foolish topic...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

these are examples of some patches that look good, and some that are plane and simple(and smaller)..........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

check the sleaves of the Browns and Bears.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Sometimes theres things that you simply just dont post at all. This is one of them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

why??  i didn't say "i don't like that they are honoring Mrs Kraft.  I said i just didn't like the way it looked thought they could have put some more time into it.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

George Steinbrenner's patch looks good, not as big....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The patch is fine. Leave it alone. Let the team express their respect in whatever way they see fit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Seriously...?  Seriously now...

"These are examples of some patches that look good, and some that are plane and simple(and smaller).........."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Ya know you could have saved your patch styling tastes for your own funeral.  You could have the pallbearers wear them and everyone will see you are right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Ya know you could have saved your patch styling tastes for your own funeral.  You could have the pallbearers wear them and everyone will see you are right.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

Hey man, never got ta give my apprecetes...Was it you or pf666, who offered that Cypress Hits from the bong live vid bit, some time back on a thread'a mine...  Love Cypress, but 99% the earliest stuff, Just remember "Smokey" playin' that song in Ice Cube's movie "Friday," but never actually knew or remembered it was Cypress.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

Just had to weigh in and add just how unbelievably TOOLISH it is for this thread to have ever even been started.  Or defended.  Go soak you head in icewater.  For well over an hour. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It was big, and not too good to look at, I will agree.  I would make it bigger.  The very idea that as Myra Kraft was dying, her husband went to the negotiations and "saved" football is beyond my ability to fathom.  And you know she encouraged him to do it.  And he went out there and did what 31 other owners seemingly couldn't.  He got the deal done.  All the time, knowing she could be dead at any moment.  Staying commited to their shared goal.  There aren't words for that kind of love, either for each other, or for the team that they brought up out of despair and futility.  Yeah, bigger is good.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's extremely poor taste to come out to a public forum and criticize a symbol meant to represent someone who was so important and touched so many not only on our beloved Pats but throughout the community with her philanthropy. That's like going to a wake and criticizing the suit the departed is wearing. Or criticizing the tombstone because you think it's the wrong color. You just don't do it.

The patch is a perfect symbol and the placement is perfect for her. It's subtle and unless you are looking for it might not even notice it, just blending right into the background. However, to those who know what it means it's huge and right over your heart.

Much like Hill's as a player there is nothing more honorable then having your number adored on the back of the helmet. It's like he's making the plays right there with them and that he's always in the back of their minds.

All I want to know is where I can get one to put on my jersey this season to honor this wonderful women. Honestly they should sell them and 100% of the profit should go to her charities

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Wingman, this was kind of like telling your wife her butt looks fat . . . might be true, but sometimes it's just better to keep it to yourself . . .

Now everyone, let's give Wingman a mulligan on this one . . . and move on to football . . .. 

Sections
Shortcuts