Don't like the patch on Jersey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Don't like the patch on Jersey

I think they need to change that patch, make it a little smaller with just 2 innitials, change the color too.  They all look like they're wearing  Gas Station jackets with their name tags.   Anyone else agree???   

Just put her 2 innitials on a sticker on the back of the helmet like they did with That player that died a few years back.  They put his number 91 on the back of the helmet.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Don't like the patch on Jersey

watch out.  you're about to become road kill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

You joking right Wingman???? HA...HA....HA!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

im not saying i don't want them to honor mrs. Kraft!  just saying a sticker on the back of the helmet is a better place to put it, not on the left breast of the jersey!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I like the patch. It's perfect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Don't like the patch on Jersey:
    im not saying i don't want them to honor mrs. Kraft!  just saying a sticker on the back of the helmet is a better place to put it, not on the left breast of the jersey!
    Posted by Wingman23

Think about what is under your left breast.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm generally not too critical, but this is just a ridiculous thread.

You're entitled to your opinion, but again, this thread is just ridiculous.

Frankly, I think it's disrespectful to the Kraft family and how they wish to honor a fallen loved one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I don't like this thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Definately.  And I HEAR ya...  Hey, maybe they could just ball-point pen the name "Myra" on the center portion on the bottom of their cleats, this way it'll be like with every time they step on the ground, it can be like they're burying her deeper, ya know?  I mean, ANY-where, but definately NOT with a 2 inch barely visible patch on the outside of their jerseys, right?  That's like, "Hey, Why don't you just wreck the ENTIRE game for me, b/c I can't even concentrate knowin' that 2 inch patch is there...somewhere!?!"  Puttin' initials on their jockstraps, is definately below good-taste, but I see no reason at all that they can't just very lightly & in extremely small print (1/2 inch or so) magic marker "mk" somewhere inside their shoulder pads, or on the inside of a few guys's 1 kneepad, or something. 

Also, I'd like to take the time now to chastize and berate Derrick Mason on The Jets, b/c he said ALL year, he'll be wearing cleats with a small pink stripe on each shoe, in order to show his support for his mother, who's now suddenly going through her 2nd far worse, remission with cancer...  Honestly, football is football, and I don't want any sorta meaningless message dedicated to whatever meaningless & ridiculously unworthy-of-my-care life event that'chre tryin' to deal with...  IF I saw Mason on the field I'd tell him point-blank, "You look gay."  And when he'd say, "I'm doing it to pay homage to my dieing mother, and to show her that my strength is HER strength, and that I'll be thinking of her, Always...", Chances are, I'd just say, "Weak. Get your priorities straight pal...If I was your coach, I'd fine you every time you dropped a pass, b/c I'd know your head was elsewhere, and you weren't completely dedicated to the game."  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

not in his case, obviously

In Response to Re: Don't like the patch on Jersey : Think about what is under you left breast.....
    Posted by Rocky

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

I'm generally not too critical, but this is just a ridiculous thread. You're entitled to your opinion, but again, this thread is just ridiculous. Frankly, I think it's disrespectful to the Kraft family and how they wish to honor a fallen loved one.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Don't like knocking guys opinions overly but I'm with MB on this. You will not complain when ur looking at it in the SuperBowl?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

guys im just talking about the look of it.  Frankly i dont think whoever was in charge of designing and making the patch put more than 30 seconds of time into it.  It's not a big deal.......just saying Marquiese Hill got a sticker on the back of everyones helmet, why not do the same thing.  Think it would look better

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

guys im just talking about the look of it.  Frankly i dont think whoever was in charge of designing and making the patch put more than 30 seconds of time into it.  It's not a big deal.......just saying Marquiese Hill got a sticker on the back of everyones helmet, why not do the same thing.  Think it would look better
    Posted by Wingman23

just saying Marquiese Hill got a sticker on the back of everyones helmet, why not do the same thing.  

Do an internet search on her...not a news search....and tell us what you find on Mrs. Kraft

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Rocky, so your saying Mrs Kraft was a better person than Marquise Hill?  And therefore deserves a much bigger patch in a better viewable place on the uniform?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Rocky, so your saying Mrs Kraft was a better person than Marquise Hill?  And therefore deserves a much bigger patch in a better viewable place on the uniform?
    Posted by Wingman23

I knew you would say that

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Our beloved owner of our beloved team could have written the name of his recently passed wife all over the uniforms from head to toe for the year and I wouldn't have said a single negative thing.  Sorry it doesn't appeal to you, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Kraft doesn't care about your opinion on the matter. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Write a letter to Bob Kraft telling him you don't like the patch. The size and look of it!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Even "Maverick" Mitchell (Tom Cruise) would leave this wingman

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Posted by Wingman23

Wingman, The thing is:  The only 1 placing an exact amount of relative value on Myra Kraft's vs Marquise Hill's specific & differing forms of "In loving Memory", is yourself...  It's the actual act that matters.  Questions like, "Is Myras patch a BETTER and more dedicated form of respect than Marquise's sticker, was?", are questions of weight, merit, and judgements of worth, which totally corrupt the act itself...  Maybe it was a league rule at the time, for the sticker not any sorta patch, Maybe w/ Hills passing further along in the offseason than Myras was, It was only feasible to do the sticker, Maybe Hill (wasn't Hill just traded before he died?)- perhaps THIS played a tiny overlooked factor...or not, Maybe IF you asked Bob Kraft and NE's front office, TO-day, they'd say that with Marquise Hill's quick & sudden passing, It was the first real time we faced this type of "In Memory" situation that we wanted to convey, and IF Hill passed RIGHT NOW, we'd do a patch for him as well, b/c we feel this completely superficial felt patch, exhibits a more worthy & much better gratitude towards the person who died...  Maybe it makes sense placing a sticker on the helmet when guys go head to head, smashing into each other, when a player dies...And maybe it offers a different show of love, but equal amount of homage, when you place a patch over the heart towards the memory of a non-player, but a woman who made her particular contributions in our heart's & minds, within a DIFFERENT life field...?   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Boycott this thread. Simple lunacy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I will save you the effort Wingman...

Patriots QB Tom Brady and other Patriots reflect on the late Myra Kraft

During the halftime show on WBZ-TV, several past and present players provided some reflections on the late Myra Kraft, wife of Patriots owner Robert Kraft. There were several poignant tributes. And we’ve heard many since her passing July 20. Here are a few more.

Tom Brady”She was just a great representative of this team. We’re going to miss her. There’s a huge void left on our team. There’s a huge void left in this organization. Everything she stood for. No one will ever be able to replace that. She left a great legacy for all of us to learn from, and build upon.

”We took a trip to Israel together. I had an incredible experience being with her, and Mr. Kraft. Really what always stood out to me was their love for one another. It was a great partnership. It still is. To me, she’s immortal. She’ll always live on.”

Vince Wilfork: ”One thing I’m going to miss alot, before every game, I’d go see Myra and Mr. Kraft and give each one a kiss. This year, I won’t be able to give her one. So I told Mr. Kraft, I’m going to have to give you two. One for her, one for me. That’s one thing I’m going to miss. She meant a lot to this organziation and this community.

Tedy Bruschi: ”She was the conscience of this organization. I always felt comforted that she was there in Mr. Kraft’s ear, that the right decision was going to be made because of her influence.” 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I do agree with Wingman on one point; that the patch is not particularly attractive. I  don't have a problem with the size and placement; I just wish more time had gone into the design for someone as special as Mrs. Kraft was.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Then again, if Mr. Kraft likes it, that truly is all that matters...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

true

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Then again, if Mr. Kraft likes it, that truly is all that matters...
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

We all have our respective opinions on this, and surely would love to offer our artistic insights, but needless to say, what is currently on there surely went past Mr. Krafts desk before it made it to the uniforms.  He likes it, and truly that's all that matters. 

Sections
Shortcuts