dont lynch me for saying this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: dont lynch me for saying this...

This is my third attempt

Wasn'tTBs favorite reciever the "open one"  Wasn't there a commercial about this ? Now ther e are only 3   Moss, Welker , and Aiken ( twice  and 1 lucky TD!)

In 2004 wasn't there 6-8  guys with receptions  a game?

WRs

Branch
    Givens
    B Johnson
    Patten ( I forgot he came back)
    and of course Mr. Brown

RBS
     Dillon
    Faulk
    Pass

TEs   where have they gone???

Graham, remember Houston?
    Watson
    Fauria

and also Vrabel and Klecko

another adder : wher has the big OL guy as the lead blocker gone on our short yardage plays ??   ( since Evans left!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I think play design this year also lacks a lot of innovativeness.  The routes are predictable, and you can see the run plays from a mile away.  I don't think its Tom Brady, I totally think it is the play-book and play calling this year. Defenses are keying up again a predictable vanilla offense. When is the last time they had Moss and Welker drag across the middle to pull the defense for a easy tight end catch in the flat? When were any of you as a veiwer surprised at the call on first down or second?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: dont lynch me for saying this...:
    Look at how bad... really bad.. Farve was a few seasons ago. And look at him this year. Brady isnt finished. But geeze Louise, he has got to start having some fun out there. He never smiles. Its one thing to work hard and be passionate, but sometimes ya gotta have a little fun. THe way Drew Brees is playing this year.. energetic, fun, passionate... that is what I want to see a bit more of. Brady is so pouty, so upset all the time, that Im not even enjoying watching him anymore. Id rather just take a nap or work on my house than get all stressed out watcing him be upset for 3 hours.
    Posted by mkulacz

I agree with this. Brady doesn't seem like he's enjoying himself too much this year. I know he's frustrated because the team isn't playing great football, but come on! Have some energy!

Is it just me or does it seem like Moss and Brady don't have the same sort of "relationship" that they used to. I remember they would talk together after every game, sit on the bench and joke together, and just have fun. Now they seem to sit seperately most of the time and I never see a smile out of either of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't understand why people want to fix the only thing not wrong with this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

In Response to Re: dont lynch me for saying this... : It could have been one of our own: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/06/04/patriot_arrested_then_aids_drug_sting/ HAHAHAHA; lighten up folks.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Yep you might be correct on that one. It seems Kaczur has not been the same player after not having his Oxy's any more. Just saying and seeing it like it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

im just sick of the pouty somber arrogant culture that has formed in new england.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

I like pouty, somber and arrogant as long as we are winning. Brady isn't the problem, he's part of the solution. Things aren't clicking on Offense the way would like and I think that's partly attributable to the O.C. situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

As far back as the Denver game, I was yelling..."Isn't there someone else besides Welker?!!". Obviously, Welker has been great but we are in a rut and Welker is going to be worn down to a stump. Wake up, Bill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I'll offer you this: Brady is not worth an increase in whatever he's getting paid, now.  In fact, he might be due for a cut.  We've got the Thomas contract eating a huge chunk out of the payroll; don't need 1-3 players taking it all, so that we can wonder whether or not the team might break .500.

Unless the Pats are going to add another WR or two, whilst keeping Moss; a TE; and insure that a definite running game exists, they might not need to overinvest in Brady.  Interestingly, we watched TB struggle, before thwe Pats went out and added Moss, Stallworth, Washinton, and Gaffney.  The results were very positive.  Returning to a 2-receptor (e.g. Moss, Welker) model negates the need for an outstanding QB, as the team will most likely end up in the middle of the pack.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'll offer you this: Brady is not worth an increase in whatever he's getting paid, now.  In fact, he might be due for a cut.  We've got the Thomas contract eating a huge chunk out of the payroll; don't need 1-3 players taking it all, so that we can wonder whether or not the team might break .500. Unless the Pats are going to add another WR or two, whilst keeping Moss; a TE; and insure that a definite running game exists, they might not need to overinvest in Brady.  Interestingly, we watched TB struggle, before thwe Pats went out and added Moss, Stallworth, Washinton, and Gaffney.  The results were very positive.  Returning to a 2-receptor (e.g. Moss, Welker) model negates the need for an outstanding QB, as the team will most likely end up in the middle of the pack.
    Posted by BTownExpress

Do you think teams can cut a players pay?  There are contracts, you pay the contract or they walk, there's no in between. 

Brady is at the top of the NFL in passing stats, and he's behind the worst offensive line I've seen the Patriots have in 10 years. 

Manning has thrown more interceptions.  The last season Brady played he threw 50 TD's.  The worst thing you could say about Brady is that he has only been average in 3 or 4 games this season.  Patience, you don't fire a HOF QB because he hasn't played great for two games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to dont lynch me for saying this... : I couldn't agree more.  He's done.  What do you want for him? I hope you don't live near any cliffs or high rise buildings. I fear you may jump if you burn your toast. 
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

No, No Oggie. Tell you what. You can have the "Door" Matt and his twin brother Kazcualty, along with Wilhite and Thomas, and we will take Bess and Jake Long. Now that is what I call a fair deal. Agreed?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

TB is one year away from surgery so I'm not going to complain too much about this season's performance.  But I am not seeing the fire we saw years ago...

I'm so lost for words on this team right now.  All I can say is, win the division.. I dont care how.. just win it.  Then we'll go from there week to week....

Oggie - congrats on your Fins whipping the Pats butt!  Out played, out coached - the whole deal...

You got any thoughts on ditching the wild cat???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Yea, its body language. Brady is upset at himself and the loss of his coach and I think has lost a stop during injury (although still very good). Moss is upset since he is realizing that his sacrifice of salary is probably not going to yield a superbowl ring. BB cant run the whole show himself - he desparately needs a spirited offensive coordinator. Its starting to ugly in New England.

Somebody needs to step up and say "Im pushing on regardless". It could be Brady, but I dont think it will be. It wont be BB. Not Moss. I think the only person on the team who can step up and give New England the attitude readjustment that it needs is Lawrence Maroney. Yupp, call me nuts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

This is ridiculous. Anybody who thinks Brady is part of the problem doesn't belong on this forum. Keep your opinions and other excrement to yourselves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]This is ridiculous. Anybody who thinks Brady is part of the problem doesn't belong on this forum. Keep your opinions and other excrement to yourselves.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

Gonna have to critique my own post here. I don't think it's fair to say that Brady can take NO blame for our teams' problems. What cheeses me off is the notion that Brady's days with the team might be numbered, and that's what some people are saying here.

It has also been suggested on this thread that Brady might already be making too much money. Isn't he making like 10 million per year? That's what Cassel is making in KC! Check the going rate on elite QB's.

Wait until the trollers get hold of this thread! "Did you guys hear? A bunch of Pats fans are starting to throw dirt on Brady!".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]TB is one year away from surgery so I'm not going to complain too much about this season's performance.  But I am not seeing the fire we saw years ago... I'm so lost for words on this team right now.  All I can say is, win the division.. I dont care how.. just win it.  Then we'll go from there week to week.... Oggie - congrats on your Fins whipping the Pats butt!  Out played, out coached - the whole deal... You got any thoughts on ditching the wild cat???
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

I got a lot of thoughts on ditching the wildcat.  In fact, I called it right here that the fins would limit the gimmicks and run the base. (see thread "you're all nuts:snap out of it."  page 1 post 9 and page 3 post 19)

Two reasons: first, the cat is crippled without Ronnie; and second, Sporano gambled heavily out of complete respect for Belichek. 

The cat is crippled BECAUSE without Ronnie, Ricky has to move in for the snap. As I said several times last week, the key to the cat is ricky running the end around or the fake end around. The defense has to hesitate for a second to see who gets the ball, and that hesitation gives the o-line the advantage to pop the d line off balance.  This is the only reason the cat works--and why it works best for Miami.  Most other teams that run the cat don't run the end around/end around fake; and the ones that do like denver don't have the kind of runner like ricky that has the speed and size and charachter (he's a bull) to make it work and force the defense to hesitate and account for him.  Since Ronnie went down, they went to a cat without the end around/end around fake.  Ricky gained some yards with it---but it wasn't the real cat that has tore the league up.  Pat white is not the answer.  Like I said last week, if they want to get the cat going again, they need to use Tyler thigpen in the backefield, and move ricky back for the end arounds (last year tyler and KC ran it the best of all other teams that used it); or use Kory Sheets in ricky's old spot.  Unless they go with one of those players, the leash is on the cat--and they will only run the limited cat with ricky in the back and no end around on rare occasions.  

The second reason they went away from the cat and limited the gimmicks was total respect for belichek, the greatest defensive mind in  the game in my opinion.  The first game in new england taught the dolphins that you can only fool BB once..but he'll stop you quickly. Think about this.  The Dolphins had the option run by Pat white in since the summer.  They saved it all year for The Pats because they know Belichek is the smartest.  They ran it in the first half of the first pats fins game--and after practicing it all year, it worked.  And then I saw on tv, and I am sure the coaches saw it too, as BB sat on the sideline with a board and his defense, calmly drawing up the defenseive schemes to shut down the option.  Without ever practicing what BB taught them,  BB had his defense prepared to shut it down in the second half---against a team that had practiced this play since July.  Believe me--that caught the attention of the Miami coaches.  After that first game against New England, they didn't run the Pat white option too much.  But they decided to make a wrinkle in it last Sunday and try one more time against BB.  And you can tell Miami was scared because they used it deep in the new england zone so it wouldn't kill a drive altogether without at least getting 3.  The pats stopped that and Miami threw it out.

To beat the Pats, and salvage the season for a possible 4 game run, Sporano had no choice but to gamble big time and challenge his very green qb and not-to-good receiving corps to step it up and win the game.  One Globe writer suggested Sporano did this because he saw a suspect pats' secondary.  That's nonsense. First, that so-called suspect pats' secondary did just fine in the first game against Miami.  And second, you don't totally throw away your signature play, the play that saved last year's season and started last year's playoff run, the play that everyone is talking about and has had so much success---you don't totally scrap this great play unless you are scared.  And Miami was scared of BB. 

Think about this: if Miami lost the game, think about how much crap would have been said about Sporano for not running his signature play.  Not once.  He would have lost, for good, all credability with the fans and media.  You don't make that kind of move, that kind of gamble, because you think this year's Miami offense can pass against the pats. You make that decision out of a desperate fear.  This was by far the biggest gamble in miami dolphins history.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: dont lynch me for saying this... : I got a lot of thoughts on ditching the wildcat.  In fact, I called it right here that the fins would limit the gimmicks and run the base. (see thread "you're all nuts:snap out of it."  page 1 post 9 and page 3 post 19) Two reasons: first, the cat is crippled without Ronnie; and second, Sporano gambled heavily out of complete respect for Belichek.  The cat is crippled BECAUSE without Ronnie, Ricky has to move in for the snap. As I said several times last week, the key to the cat is ricky running the end around or the fake end around. The defense has to hesitate for a second to see who gets the ball, and that hesitation gives the o-line the advantage to pop the d line off balance.  This is the only reason the cat works--and why it works best for Miami.  Most other teams that run the cat don't run the end around/end around fake; and the ones that do like denver don't have the kind of runner like ricky that has the speed and size and charachter (he's a bull) to make it work and force the defense to hesitate and account for him.  Since Ronnie went down, they went to a cat without the end around/end around fake.  Ricky gained some yards with it---but it wasn't the real cat that has tore the league up.  Pat white is not the answer.  Like I said last week, if they want to get the cat going again, they need to use Tyler thigpen in the backefield, and move ricky back for the end arounds (last year tyler and KC ran it the best of all other teams that used it); or use Kory Sheets in ricky's old spot.  Unless they go with one of those players, the leash is on the cat--and they will only run the limited cat with ricky in the back and no end around on rare occasions.   The second reason they went away from the cat and limited the gimmicks was total respect for belichek, the greatest defensive mind in  the game in my opinion.  The first game in new england taught the dolphins that you can only fool BB once..but he'll stop you quickly. Think about this.  The Dolphins had the option run by Pat white in since the summer.  They saved it all year for The Pats because they know Belichek is the smartest.  They ran it in the first half of the first pats fins game--and after practicing it all year, it worked.  And then I saw on tv, and I am sure the coaches saw it too, as BB sat on the sideline with a board and his defense, calmly drawing up the defenseive schemes to shut down the option.  Without ever practicing what BB taught them,  BB had his defense prepared to shut it down in the second half---against a team that had practiced this play since July.  Believe me--that caught the attention of the Miami coaches.  After that first game against New England, they didn't run the Pat white option too much.  But they decided to make a wrinkle in it last Sunday and try one more time against BB.  And you can tell Miami was scared because they used it deep in the new england zone so it wouldn't kill a drive altogether without at least getting 3.  The pats stopped that and Miami threw it out. To beat the Pats, and salvage the season for a possible 4 game run, Sporano had no choice but to gamble big time and challenge his very green qb and not-to-good receiving corps to step it up and win the game.  One Globe writer suggested Sporano did this because he saw a suspect pats' secondary.  That's nonsense. First, that so-called suspect pats' secondary did just fine in the first game against Miami.  And second, you don't totally throw away your signature play, the play that saved last year's season and started last year's playoff run, the play that everyone is talking about and has had so much success---you don't totally scrap this great play unless you are scared.  And Miami was scared of BB.    Think about this: if Miami lost the game, think about how much crap would have been said about Sporano for not running his signature play.  Not once.  He would have lost, for good, all credability with the fans and media.  You don't make that kind of move, that kind of gamble, because you think this year's Miami offense can pass against the pats. You make that decision out of a desperate fear.  This was by far the biggest gamble in miami dolphins history.   

Great stuff and nice insight on why the Dolphins gameplanned the way they did. At least you admire and respect Belichick because many Patriots fans and the national media are hammering him. I can clearly see why but the guy didn't get stupid overnight. In his career, this year will be a tiny blip on the radar if that even. The only adjustment I was looking for was a heavier pass rush in quarters 2-4 at least. Once you notice Chad's stepping back that many times to pass, you HAVE to send the kitchen sink at him and make him make those tough throws. That's just my opinion. Then again. I'm not Dean Pees Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

[QUOTE]This is ridiculous. Anybody who thinks Brady is part of the problem doesn't belong on this forum. Keep your opinions and other excrement to yourselves.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

Brady is not THE problem. He is PART of the problem. He is a great QB. But even though he has 3 rings and a near perfect season, he still has room to grow as a leader. He doesnt need to win a superbowl every year, all he needs to do is make the best of what he has. If he didnt have such a deeply talented offense, Id go lighter on him. But he has a couple of pro bowl linemen, two potential HOF receivers, a running back who isnt half bad (Maroney), and Bill B as a coach. I mean geeze, look at what Matt Cassell was able to do in this system!

Its time New Englanders accept Brady is a great QB, but not a messiah. Its ok to cirticize. Its not a criticism of him as a person. Its not a call to trade him. It is what it is... Brady's attitude is weighing on the team. The team looks completley unspirited, and its mirroring the body language of its team leader.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: dont lynch me for saying this... : Great stuff and nice insight on why the Dolphins gameplanned the way they did. At least you admire and respect Belichick because many Patriots fans and the national media are hammering him. I can clearly see why but the guy didn't get stupid overnight. In his career, this year will be a tiny blip on the radar if that even. The only adjustment I was looking for was a heavier pass rush in quarters 2-4 at least. Once you notice Chad's stepping back that many times to pass, you HAVE to send the kitchen sink at him and make him make those tough throws. That's just my opinion. Then again. I'm not Dean Pees
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

With all the injuries and changes from last year's Pats team, this year's Pats team may in fact be over-achievers.  And teams over achieve for one reason, and one reason only--great coaching.  BB is not all of the sudden drinking the wine of stupidity.  He's still the best, and he's getting the most out of his team.  And I still believe he made the right call at Indy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: dont lynch me for saying this... : Great stuff and nice insight on why the Dolphins gameplanned the way they did. At least you admire and respect Belichick because many Patriots fans and the national media are hammering him. I can clearly see why but the guy didn't get stupid overnight. In his career, this year will be a tiny blip on the radar if that even. The only adjustment I was looking for was a heavier pass rush in quarters 2-4 at least. Once you notice Chad's stepping back that many times to pass, you HAVE to send the kitchen sink at him and make him make those tough throws. That's just my opinion. Then again. I'm not Dean Pees

One last point about what you said regarding respecting BB.  When I go to games, I always watch the head coaches and how they operate on the sideline.  Belichek is one of my favorites to watch.  You can see why he has won the super bowls.  My nephew hates BB as much as I do; and on Sunday he kept pointing things out what Belichek was doing on the sidelines and saying what I always have known about how he works the sideline.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: dont lynch me for saying this... :  One last point about what you said regarding respecting BB.  When I go to games, I always watch the head coaches and how they operate on the sideline.  Belichek is one of my favorites to watch.  You can see why he has won the super bowls.  My nephew hates BB as much as I do; and on Sunday he kept pointing things out what Belichek was doing on the sidelines and saying what I always have known about how he works the sideline.  

Agreed! I live in Atlanta but I flew up a month ago to see the Dolphins/Pats game in New England. I sat on the Patriots sideline, 3rd row, and I sometimes paid attention more to how Belichick interacted with the defense versus watching the offense on the field (and now we know why, ha!). What's amazing was how calm he was in explaining things to a young defense, you can clearly see why he's a great motivator and teacher. Junior Seau stood next to him the whole time emphasizing certain points and you can see the younger guys watching intently. Amazing. I bet if I watched Bill on the sidelines during a Super Bowl, not much would change in his approach. That's part of the team fabric now: that even keel where there's no panic and there's no utter enthusiasm for one win or one loss. As someone trying to run his own company, I can't tell how much I admire that balanced demeanor because it pays dividends ultimately. If you get into all the highs and lows of the seasons the media and fans do, you'd have such a tougher job as head coach. It seems like he's broken down each game into plays and each play into players that are responsible for certain roles. Who plays is up to the players. Once you're in, he seems to give you a bulleted list of things you should be looking for and he expects you to look for it and make adjustments. If you mess up, he'll call you out in the film room. Then, he gives you another shot of course, depending on how competitive the position is at that time that year. Although this may be the same with all teams, I just know, I can feel that, there's something unique about his approach and his success. You have to toss this year so far because a) it's not over with and b) it's one year in quite a few so you have more data SUPPORTING his methods/schemes/approach than years DIMINISHING.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: dont lynch me for saying this... : Agreed! I live in Atlanta but I flew up a month ago to see the Dolphins/Pats game in New England. I sat on the Patriots sideline, 3rd row, and I sometimes paid attention more to how Belichick interacted with the defense versus watching the offense on the field (and now we know why, ha!). What's amazing was how calm he was in explaining things to a young defense, you can clearly see why he's a great motivator and teacher. Junior Seau stood next to him the whole time emphasizing certain points and you can see the younger guys watching intently. Amazing. I bet if I watched Bill on the sidelines during a Super Bowl, not much would change in his approach. That's part of the team fabric now: that even keel where there's no panic and there's no utter enthusiasm for one win or one loss. As someone trying to run his own company, I can't tell how much I admire that balanced demeanor because it pays dividends ultimately. If you get into all the highs and lows of the seasons the media and fans do, you'd have such a tougher job as head coach. It seems like he's broken down each game into plays and each play into players that are responsible for certain roles. Who plays is up to the players. Once you're in, he seems to give you a bulleted list of things you should be looking for and he expects you to look for it and make adjustments. If you mess up, he'll call you out in the film room. Then, he gives you another shot of course, depending on how competitive the position is at that time that year. Although this may be the same with all teams, I just know, I can feel that, there's something unique about his approach and his success. You have to toss this year so far because a) it's not over with and b) it's one year in quite a few so you have more data SUPPORTING his methods/schemes/approach than years DIMINISHING.

What belichek did in the fins-pats first game, teaching his defense how to defend the pat white option with his board and marker, was classic--and it worked against a team that had practiced that play since the summer and saved it for belicheck.  The only time I have ever seen that kind of coaching, teaching something new on the fly, right on tv, was in a Dolphins Jets game in Shea stadium--the fins had a run of injuries on linebackers and Bill Arnsparger was teaching Mike Kozlowski, a safety, how to play linebacker.  He was even teaching him how to get into the proper stance before the snap.  That was classic. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

okay last thought from me... my only REAL problem with brady is the lack of intensity, and it seems like he doesnt want to be there half the time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

if anyone has an espn insider account, they have an article about Brady "throwing verbal grenades". I don't have an insider account so I don't know what that's about.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]if anyone has an espn insider account, they have an article about Brady "throwing verbal grenades". I don't have an insider account so I don't know what that's about.

More barbs from Brady

5:55PM ET
    Tom Brady | Patriots

Following a game where his team held the lead for about 59 minutes before losing on a late field goal, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady called his teammates' collective manhood into question in comments published by the Providence Journal.

"I think we've got to find a way to play better football for 60 minutes, in all phases, and everyone has got to focus on what they need to do better," Brady said. "I think that's the most important thing: being mentally tough to overcome adversity. When things don't go your way, you have to fight back. That's a challenge for all of us. I think at times we do, and at times I don't think we fight very hard. ... We have leads in the second half and leads in the fourth quarter and we're just not closing the game out when we have the opportunity to."

On Monday afternoon during an appearance on WEEI, Brady expanded on those thoughts, indicating that it was a problem with consistent preparation. "It starts on Monday in our preparation," Brady noted, per NFL.com. "It starts on Wednesday through five hours of meetings and walk-thrus that we do, and practice [and] film study. I think when it gets hard, that's when you have to dig deep. At times, we do that. And other times, it doesn't show up."

Meanwhile, is Pats coach Bill Belichick getting desperate? He seems to enjoy the thrill of going for it on fourth down:

Tim Graham

Going for it is risky business

"The New England Patriots head coach seems to be making it a point to go for it on fourth down to prove some sort of point, but the results this year have been destructive. Belichick on Sunday squandered three points in a game that was decided by one because he opted to go for it on fourth-and-1 from the Miami Dolphins' 6-yard line and failed to convert late in the second quarter. The Dolphins crammed a Sammy Morris run and took over the ball on downs. They eventually won 22-21 in Land Shark Stadium and made a mess of the AFC East standings."

Insider
    Football Outsiders

Aggressiveness generally rewarded

"Fourth-and-2 on the 28 may have been debatable, but fourth-and-1 on the opponent's 6 really is not. Overall this year, NFL teams have converted on fourth-and-1 61 percent of the time. Any kind of cost-benefit analysis will show that going for it on fourth-and-1 in opponent territory is the right choice in every situation except when a team is within three points in the final minutes of the game or the final play of the first half. Since 1994, the three most aggressive coaches on fourth down are Bill Parcells, Bill Cowher, and Bill Belichick. What do those guys have in common? Rings." - Aaron Schatz

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: dont lynch me for saying this... : More barbs from Brady 5:55 PM ET Tom Brady |  Patriots Top   Email Following a game where his team held the lead for about 59 minutes before losing on a late field goal,  New England Patriots  quarterback  Tom Brady  called his teammates' collective manhood into question in comments published by  the Providence Journal . "I think we've got to find a way to play better football for 60 minutes, in all phases, and everyone has got to focus on what they need to do better," Brady said. "I think that's the most important thing: being mentally tough to overcome adversity. When things don't go your way, you have to fight back. That's a challenge for all of us. I think at times we do, and at times I don't think we fight very hard. ... We have leads in the second half and leads in the fourth quarter and we're just not closing the game out when we have the opportunity to." On Monday afternoon during an appearance on WEEI, Brady expanded on those thoughts, indicating that it was a problem with consistent preparation. "It starts on Monday in our preparation," Brady noted, per  NFL.com . "It starts on Wednesday through five hours of meetings and walk-thrus that we do, and practice [and] film study. I think when it gets hard, that's when you have to dig deep. At times, we do that. And other times, it doesn't show up." Meanwhile, is Pats coach Bill Belichick getting desperate? He seems to enjoy the thrill of going for it on fourth down:   Tim Graham Going for it is risky business "The New England Patriots head coach seems to be making it a point to go for it on fourth down to prove some sort of point, but the results this year have been destructive. Belichick on Sunday squandered three points in a game that was decided by one because he opted to go for it on fourth-and-1 from the  Miami Dolphins ' 6-yard line and failed to convert late in the second quarter. The Dolphins crammed a  Sammy Morris  run and took over the ball on downs. They eventually won 22-21 in Land Shark Stadium and made a mess of the AFC East standings."     Football Outsiders Aggressiveness generally rewarded "Fourth-and-2 on the 28 may have been debatable, but fourth-and-1 on the opponent's 6 really is not. Overall this year, NFL teams have converted on fourth-and-1 61 percent of the time. Any kind of cost-benefit analysis will show that going for it on fourth-and-1 in opponent territory is the right choice in every situation except when a team is within three points in the final minutes of the game or the final play of the first half. Since 1994, the three most aggressive coaches on fourth down are Bill Parcells, Bill Cowher, and Bill Belichick. What do those guys have in common? Rings."  - Aaron Schatz
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

ESPN is gay. That's not what you call a "barb" unless you make it look like one, which is what ESPN is great at.