DONT OVERLOOK THE BILLS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

DONT OVERLOOK THE BILLS

This one is for you mightypatriotz ...

couldn't resist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: DONT OVERLOOK THE BILLS

I don't think anyone is overlooking a 2-0 team regardless of whom they beat. You know that Berman will be picking them!!!LMAO.... They lost their #2 receiver and their starting Guard Urbik. This is a game where I expect to see the the D-line to start their onslaught towards demoralizing the opponents QB's and RB's. Also with NYJ as their next opponent you won't see any new wrinkles until their game in a week and a half. If anyone has an injury you can bet your last dollar it will be down played to something of a minor nature. Where it looks like someone has taken a terrible hit,BB will announce that he only suffered a small headache!~

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Good points Sportsbozo 

We still have to play out in Oakland before home to Jets ...

Should I start getting my DONT OVERLOOK THE RAIDERS thread ready ? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

You mean fans, or the team?

First off they beat KC, which sukks. And Oakland is about the same as they are. Its a road game, and we shouldn't take them lightly, but their defense has played  against a death star offense like ours yet.

We'll beat them

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Buffalo could be the best of a bunch of bad teams in the NFL. Still think it won't be a super blowout but the Pats still win by 10.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

52-17

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In Response to Re: DONT OVERLOOK THE BILLS:
    Buffalo could be the best of a bunch of bad teams in the NFL. Still think it won't be a super blowout but the Pats still win by 10.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

Today on ESPN Collen Cowheard predicted that the Bills would not only cover the 9 pt. Vegas spread but WIN.  In the same program it was mentioned that the Patriots currently enjoy the 31st worst defense.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a Patriot blowout and a rather pathetic commentary on the quality of our defense despite the Patriots 2-0 record!

More specifically that the Patriots are plagued with much the same problems as last year, namely the lack of a pass rush and a suspect secondary...Similar to many posts recently expressed here.  Collen cited the high 3rd down conversion rate (I can't recall the specifics but something like 11/13 for SD).  No NFL team can remain successful allowing such high numbers.

Power rankings currently list the Patriots at #2, just behind GB but Collen contends that he ranks the Patriots no better than 7th.  The reason for such a lofty ranking (he contends) is the maturity of their offense and the quality of their quarterback.

Collen Cowheard usually tells it like it is and he does make sense.  We have been lucky to be 2-0 and allowing 400 yards of offense/ game.    Opponent turnovers have allowed us to prosper but that trend won't continue with elite teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: DONT OVERLOOK THE BILLS : Today on ESPN Collen Cowheard predicted that the Bills would not only cover the 9 pt. Vegas spread but WIN.  In the same program it was mentioned that the Patriots currently enjoy the 31st worst defense.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a Patriot blowout and a rather pathetic commentary on the quality of our defense despite the Patriots 2-0 record! More specifically that the Patriots are plagued with much the same problems as last year, namely the lack of a pass rush and a suspect secondary...Similar to many posts recently expressed here.  Collen cited the high 3rd down conversion rate (I can't recall the specifics but something like 11/13 for SD).  No NFL team can remain successful allowing such high numbers. Power rankings currently list the Patriots at #2, just behind GB but Collen contends that he ranks the Patriots no better than 7th.  The reason for such a lofty ranking (he contends) is the maturity of their offense and the quality of their quarterback. Collen Cowheard usually tells it like it is and he does make sense.  We have been lucky to be 2-0 and allowing 400 yards of offense/ game.    Opponent turnovers have allowed us to prosper but that trend won't continue with elite teams.
    Posted by moskk

Turnovers can also be called takeaways. I don't understand this chit-chat that the Patriots got lucky that the Chargers turned the ball over. 

The Pats earned the 4 turnovers that they forced.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

they don't have any linemen on either side of the ball other than Kyle Williams

this wil be exposed this week

my one concern is our pass defense, but against their porous line even the Pats should get some pressure

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

I'm not reading what everyone else is posting, this is my opinion.  The Bills have a badass offence that put up a ton of points.  The Pat's defence can't stop anyone.  I wouldn't be surprised it we drop this one...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

We will outscore them but will not overlook them. Our record against them in the last 7 years says we do not overlook them! Pats win 38-27.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to DONT OVERLOOK THE BILLS:
    This one is for you mightypatriotz ... couldn't resist.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro

Pats by 17.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

In Response to Re: DONT OVERLOOK THE BILLS : Today on ESPN Collen Cowheard predicted that the Bills would not only cover the 9 pt. Vegas spread but WIN.  In the same program it was mentioned that the Patriots currently enjoy the 31st worst defense.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a Patriot blowout and a rather pathetic commentary on the quality of our defense despite the Patriots 2-0 record! More specifically that the Patriots are plagued with much the same problems as last year, namely the lack of a pass rush and a suspect secondary...Similar to many posts recently expressed here.  Collen cited the high 3rd down conversion rate (I can't recall the specifics but something like 11/13 for SD).  No NFL team can remain successful allowing such high numbers. Power rankings currently list the Patriots at #2, just behind GB but Collen contends that he ranks the Patriots no better than 7th.  The reason for such a lofty ranking (he contends) is the maturity of their offense and the quality of their quarterback. Collen Cowheard usually tells it like it is and he does make sense.  We have been lucky to be 2-0 and allowing 400 yards of offense/ game.    Opponent turnovers have allowed us to prosper but that trend won't continue with elite teams.
    Posted by moskk

Besides the late Int on Henne (last play of the game), what other turnovers did the Pats have against the Guppies?
    What allowed the Pats to "prosper" as you say, is that defenses cant stop the Pats offense.  Last year Miami was the #5 defense (over 600 yards), and SD was #1 defense (over 500 yards). Without Hernandez, the Pats offense will not be as good, but still better than what they need to be for whom they are playing over the next couple of weeks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

I don't think anyone is overlooking a 2-0 team regardless of whom they beat. You know that Berman will be picking them!!!LMAO.... They lost their #2 receiver and their starting Guard Urbik. This is a game where I expect to see the the D-line to start their onslaught towards demoralizing the opponents QB's and RB's. Also with NYJ as their next opponent you won't see any new wrinkles until their game in a week and a half. If anyone has an injury you can bet your last dollar it will be down played to something of a minor nature. Where it looks like someone has taken a terrible hit,BB will announce that he only suffered a small headache!~
    Posted by sportsbozo1

parrish is not the bills #2 (or #3 for that matter) reciever. urbik, though he looked fine for the first game and a half, looked like junk throughout the preseason. neither are significant losses (though if we drop another OL, urbik's loss will be felt in a big way).

good luck demoralizing fitz and jackson.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

52-17
    Posted by GadisRKO

*laughs*

a team that scored on every possession of a half last week is only going to put up 17 on the pats mediocre D?

*cue dr evil riiiiight*

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not reading what everyone else is posting, this is my opinion.  The Bills have a badass offence that put up a ton of points.  The Pat's defence can't stop anyone.  I wouldn't be surprised it we drop this one...
    Posted by norichcrybabies[/QUOTE;

Do you really believe that... "The Pat's defence can't stop anyone."??? What games have you been watching? Have you actually been watching?
    If you are basing your opinion on what you witnessed in the Charger game, I'd like to point something out. One reason for (not excuse for) some of San Diego's sustained drives was questionable (poor) officiating. Yes, there is concern with opposing teams converting on third and fourth down so far in this young season, but, IMO, that will most likely improve. The fact is that the Patriot's Defence came up with some huge turnovers when needed and that is what made all the difference.

I have every confidence  that The Patriots will defeat The Bills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Oakland travelled back to back weeks and on 6 days,(played Monday Nite late), Im sure that factor played into the second half of the game. We will see what the Bills have come Sunday and in there on back yard no less.In Response to Re: DONT OVERLOOK THE BILLS:
    In Response to Re: DONT OVERLOOK THE BILLS : *laughs* a team that scored on every possession of a half last week is only going to put up 17 on the pats mediocre D? *cue dr evil riiiiight*
    Posted by Heff-17

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

And the Bills did this against a KC team that has scored 10 points in 2 games and an Oakland team travelling East on 6 days,(1st game being late Mon nite), rest back to back-OKAY I'm a Bills beleiver!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Maybe Tommy & Billy Cheat Cheat can revisit the old videos...

Oh Wait, congress and the NFL commissioner helped them destroy that evidence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JakeCashHomey. Show JakeCashHomey's posts

I got a bad feelin about this one.  Bills wont make playoffs after playing this week like it's the super bowl.  Pats are missing some keys guys and Chung is now not practicing.  O will need to put up 45 without Hernandez.  But then again they lost Parrish.  Who the heck knows what tw=eams will show up??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In Response to Re: DONT OVERLOOK THE BILLS : *laughs* a team that scored on every possession of a half last week is only going to put up 17 on the pats mediocre D? *cue dr evil riiiiight*
    Posted by Heff-17

The question is, will you be back when the bills get blown out?
    I don't think so...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I dont consider Heff a troll, he loves his Bills and good for him. I'm happy for Buffalo that they finally field a team the area can root for. The Bills always play us tough. We play them the end of the season which could be a starter resting game. I just hope that it means that if we lay down the Bills get the WC and it knocks the Jests out on a tie breaker. Kind of back into the playoffs syndrome. Just like Indy and cincy did with another team once upon a time ago. Has the potential to be karma-licious.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlynx. Show wlynx's posts

The Pats defence is being underrated- granted the have given up lots of yards but they do make the stops-they are getting take aways-they do deserve some credit for take aways-remember this league is now designed for offence-At this time the Pats are a better team and should win-by two scores-the Bills will keep it close for a while but they will have a tough time containing the Pats-BB is to good a coach and the team is tenured -they will not overlook the BillsSmile

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

the patriots defense is mediocre? the bills give up 35 points to jason campbell and the raiders while we hold phillip rivers and the chargers to 21.  how are we the mediocre defense? the chargers average 27.5 points a game scored last season,  holding a team to 21 would be better than average i would think.

what is a more important stat for a defense, yards allowed or points allowed?

Sections
Shortcuts