Dont sleep on Rob Ninkovich

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Re: Dont sleep on Rob Ninkovich

he is a long snapper... that is why they are clowning around about it...

It is another rags to riches story for the patriots and hopefully it works out well for both parties but he got invited to camp last year because he could snap and play special teams.

From what i understand he devoted his whole offseason to snapping last year

that is not funny it is SAD lets hope he does well

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Dont sleep on Rob Ninkovich:
    [QUOTE]he is a long snapper... that is why they are clowning around about it... It is another rags to riches story for the patriots and hopefully it works out well for both parties but he got invited to camp last year because he could snap and play special teams. From what i understand he devoted his whole offseason to snapping last year that is not funny it is SAD lets hope he does well
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

I'm probably wrong, but I thought Jake Ingram was our snapper and that Ninkvich is the backup snapper?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

correct ingram is the snapper.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

he was trying to make the saints as a long snapper before he came here

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

He came here to compete with Jake Ingram it's not like he was a late pick up.

I think your miss understanding my point, our personell team did not pick him up with OLB depth in mind..., granted it is a luxury we capitalized on due to pour play, but that was not our intent... He was brought in to compete with Jake and if i remember correctly he was on the bubble during the fourth and final preseason game last year.

I think he was apleasant surprise so lets hope he keeps surprising us

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I'm with you, patsfan76. At this point in time, Ninkovich is our 2nd best OLB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

i'm hopeful too. People want to see big stars and names, but they forget Mike Vrabel was an unknown before the Pats first superbowl. Players do develop, and I can't see why it won't happen for Ninkovich. He seems to have a great attitude, unlike the guy they just released.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

He bulked up this offseason and is now closer to 260 lbs.  Not sure if that improves his pass rush ability, but it can't hurt his chances stacking the line against the run. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Best case scenario is Burgess decides to come back.  Older player, doesn't want the headaches of camp.  He'll start thinking about the $1.5mm he's leaving on the table and come back in late August.  Pats got to have a pass rush threat outside, Burgess can still get some pressure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

patsfan76

What i am saying is he was brought in to create competition as a snapper... he was the measuring stick that helped the patriots evaluate Ingrams value or compete level.

the absence of that competition would have given a rookie snapper the impression that he was a lock and i have not seen a rookie in a non compete role in a long time............. with exception to Zoltan Mesko???

The fact that he panned out at his secondary position is gravy for the patriots because he became the following later in the year;
    -Second backup to ROLB
    -Second backup to DE in a 4 man alignment Or nickel
    -Second backup to Snap
    -first team punt
    -first team kick off and return

that is a ton of value...

kudos to the personnel people who picked him up maybe he will create more value this year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

If Jake Ingram is a great long snapper and Rob Ninkovich is both a great long snapper and a good backup linebacker, Ninkovich gets the nod.  Ninkovich saves a roster position in a really tight roster year. 

The second outside linebacker position is somewhat open at this point.  Cunningham has the inside track.  He's getting reps with Tully Banta-Cain and the first team.  Apparently he has the talent to start out with and he's picking up the system fast enough.  Behind Cunningham it's anybody's position. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

I won't sleep on Ninkovich, although I did sleep with your mom last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

nice.  my mom is 84.  i wouldn't be braggin if i were you. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I liked what he did last year, but he has a little history with knee injuries and lets face it he's not going to start if we had anything on the outside. To me he's a very good depth player, we need starters and we didn't get any this offseason...very disapointing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Now I kinda wish BB didn't trade the 3rd round pick to Carolina for their 2nd rounder in 2011.  If he kept the pick, he was going to draft Everson Griffin.  Oh well.. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fduck. Show fduck's posts

I don't think Ninkovich was brought in to be a long snapper.  Nathen Hodel was signed before preseason to be the long snapper and then they drafted Ingram.  Ingram beat out Hodel, who was cut.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

He is a useful reserve who will give everything has to give on every play but probably doesn't have the physical skills to be a full time starter.Every team needs guys like this and he should be on the roster.