DONT TALK TO ME!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

DONT TALK TO ME!!!

Sorry but for some reason I felt the need to post this. Seems like some fans around here forgot  about what made the teams in the past Great! We were always questioned and we were never the favorites! I LOVE IT! Would have it NO other way! So like Adam V said back in the day, of you dont believe in US! DONT TALK TO ME! Its ALL about WHO is in That Locker Room and as long as TFB is there I trust it will be ok. He is gonna work his Tail off to make those WRs better because he IS the Gold standard. He will NOT go out like that. He will Rally the troops as he did on Sunday and I will enjoy Every week! Denver is a Big Place, Im sure they have room for you all!  IM ALL IN! This team has just a good at shot at any other team, but if you wanna jump ship after week 1 and whine about players who arent here who never Won ANYthing here, DONT TALK TO ME!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: DONT TALK TO ME!!!

The problem is that Brady can't do it by himself. The success in the past wasn't just about Brady. Important? Sure. But this is a team game - and as of this second, they're not playing well as a team. Gotta give the Bills credit for making the Patriots look bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

The problem is that Brady can't do it by himself. The success in the past wasn't just about Brady. Important? Sure. But this is a team game - and as of this second, they're not playing well as a team. Gotta give the Bills credit for making the Patriots look bad.

Well thats it. He shouldnt have to if this team actually utilizes the run and the defense is as imroved as some say it should be. I think barring injuries the Defense CAN be good enough if they mask that safety weakness. Brady hasnt looked like that in years. By games end, he was TFB! I expect him and the WR's to be better every week. I also expect the matchups to be different and guys like KT to have better games. I recall a team from 07-12 that probably never loss a home opener and always started fast. I want to be playing GREAT in the End. If we play bad early and still win, Even better for experience. I remember the 2001 team starting out 1-3 and looking pretty bad. What team is supposed to be playing well in week 1 after over hauling 75% of the offense?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Well thats it. He shouldnt have to if this team actually utilizes the run and the defense is as imroved as some say it should be. I think barring injuries the Defense CAN be good enough if they mask that safety weakness. Brady hasnt looked like that in years. By games end, he was TFB! I expect him and the WR's to be better every week. I also expect the matchups to be different and guys like KT to have better games. I recall a team from 07-12 that probably never loss a home opener and always started fast. I want to be playing GREAT in the End. If we play bad early and still win, Even better for experience. I remember the 2001 team starting out 1-3 and looking pretty bad. What team is supposed to be playing well in week 1 after over hauling 75% of the offense?

None. But it still appears we need help w/ OL, and DB positions. Mebbe another TE to help protect Brady,  and DL who can put pressure up the middle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

OMG, Please get off my thread with your agenda driven, redundant, horse beating TROLL WORK!  Either agree, disagree or move on, but PLEASE MISS me with the Brady bashing today. If You cant see he is the reason we won than I cant with you today. Seriously you just got banned like twice in a day I heard. Give it a rest buddy! Go tell someone in Carolina that Brady Stinks. I really dont want to hear it anymore and your irrational , trollish behavior really deserves NO attention and NO response, but I did want to say one thing to you for the day. NOw please choose someones elses thread to derail before I report you for trolling.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I watched the Brady int 3 times on tape. Clearly, Sudfeld slipped and was falling down, yet the ball still hit his hands. No slip, perfect pass. Even with the slip, he could have caught that ball...

Ned, Gus, Russ, King, Queen, whatever your name is today, you are flat out wrong

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

An, I dont know what to tell you then. In 2001 can you remember being concerned about anything in week 1? I doubt it as you probably didnt know what to expect coming off a 5-11 season with a new coach who failed in cleveland. Odd are there was plenty to be concerned about. Only difference  now is your expectations. I mean we had Matt Stevens playing safety that year. Im gonna hope that McCourty is better and that Gregory can atleast be the same. Would I like D line help and another S? Sure! But Offseason is over. I was on here making my case for this person, that person IN THE OFFSEASON, BUT Its GAMETIME now. Im not gonna spend all season moaning about who isnt here. I talk it about while is still can change but I realize THIS IS our team. Thats my point. NOt many Championship teams recently were crowned before the season. (Raven, Giants, etc) so how do you know its not enough? Give em a chance cuz you have no choice. BB aint plucking anyone now of significance. Time to Support or pick a new team, I mean I could see if we lost. YOU dont think the AFC east is tired of losing to us? They saw a weakness (young Wrs) , they exploited it(jamming and messing up timing), we survived. We can only get better.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

That's the problem, what SB caliber team with SB hopes over hualed their O 75%? Typically you only see that much over haul in rebuilding years. There shouldn't be a reason for a SB caliber team to be rebuilding that much in a single year.

But back to your orignial post the thing that made those teams great is because they were teams. All 3 phases of the ball could win you games and their depth was such that there wasn't a huge drop of going from starters to primary backups and from backups to sub/role players. I don't see the same team aspect and depth we use to have. I see it being more on Brady's shoulders than ever before. However, I do think the starters on the D side of the ball are moving in the right direction but the massive turnover over the last 5-6 years has prevented BB from taking advantage of it. It's one of those things, that if you are consistently turning over a team you need to simplify a scheme until they gel and this D has been running vanilla for years because of the large amount of turnover. We also don't have solid depth behind our starters as we saw last night with Kelly out. Hopefully the core is rebuilt and they can start adding depth now behind them but those 07'-11' years hurt us badly when we lost the old guard and had trouble replacing them effectively. That's the main difference I see at least.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Sorry but for some reason I felt the need to post this. Seems like some fans around here forgot  about what made the teams in the past Great! We were always questioned and we were never the favorites! I LOVE IT! Would have it NO other way! So like Adam V said back in the day, of you dont believe in US! DONT TALK TO ME! Its ALL about WHO is in That Locker Room and as long as TFB is there I trust it will be ok. He is gonna work his Tail off to make those WRs better because he IS the Gold standard. He will NOT go out like that. He will Rally the troops as he did on Sunday and I will enjoy Every week! Denver is a Big Place, Im sure they have room for you all!  IM ALL IN! This team has just a good at shot at any other team, but if you wanna jump ship after week 1 and whine about players who arent here who never Won ANYthing here, DONT TALK TO ME!

OG, I am with ya baby! The probelm with many here is that they don't remember the way the "Pats" became THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS because they only became fans AFTER the "Pats" became THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!  This is gonna be fun!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

unfortunate offseason. The Wes debacle happened( I think they wanted to move on) and did knowing they can pick up the slack with others like AH and then AH goes and kills someones(so not in the plans) Where in the GM manual does it tell you what to do after your stud TE goes to jail for murder?  Not Ideal but its what we have now. There is some depth issues but I trust BB on that side to come up with some form of defense to compete. 4-2-5, keep Kelly fresh. I trying to be positive cuz its all we got. I was captain of the Debbie Downers in offseason but now that the season is here, Im not spend all season being a crabby Patty! Have u seen TFB today? Thats not healthy so I guess Im taking more a casual approach this season So i can enjoy. Im getting old, I got a family. Sundays are my escape. Im not gonna let a few offseason moves ruin MY ESCAPE! Im Riding with MY team, good or bad. Same as I did for years with My C's and I was rewarded in 07. To each his own, but why not wait before you condemn the season?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Instead, he forces the ball essentially into triple coverage to Sudfeld and the ball is a little high and wide. If he throws it more to his right hip with Sudfeld squatting, he catches it and Rogers doesn't come in as quick from his left.

Sudfeld did lunge at it because like every other Pat that tried to accelerate, he lost his footing just as he tried to cut. If that hadn't happened, he catches the ball in stride, blowing past the defenders, and every one would be amazed at TB threading the needle again. So it was neither Brady's nor Sudfeld's fault. Just bad luck and bad shoes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Instead, he forces the ball essentially into triple coverage to Sudfeld and the ball is a little high and wide. If he throws it more to his right hip with Sudfeld squatting, he catches it and Rogers doesn't come in as quick from his left.

Sudfeld did lunge at it because like every other Pat that tried to accelerate, he lost his footing just as he tried to cut. If that hadn't happened, he catches the ball in stride, blowing past the defenders, and every one would be amazed at TB threading the needle again. So it was neither Brady's nor Sudfeld's fault. Just bad luck and bad shoes.

I noticed it to. Brady had an incompletion early on to KT that looked like a bad pass until they showed the replay. Brady fit the ball perfectly in the spot,but KT slipped right before and his hands werent high enough on his way down to catch it. Almost exact similar plays. Thats whats funny is how we all come back with diff. stories after watching the same game. I wont toot my horn but I put my analysis up there with anyone. I know how to judge talent and what football is about. Brady was out there throwing some Absolute DARTS! but you still got eediots coming back to bash him. I can tell WHY each pass was incomplete. Maybe a couple bad throws, but for the most part he was dead on but throwing to guys who ARENT open(KT) and guys who arent # 1 WRs(Edleman) can be troublesome. I thought Edleman could have caught another TD but I didnt expect him to , being an ex QB! I would expect Dobson or KT to make that catch if put in the same position. Edleman is really not better than any of the WRs on the team its just that he knows the system and where to be right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"It's ok to admit he didn't play well for most of the game"

Sure, I will - but ONLY if you admit that: 

- Belichick let him down in this game by giving him no wide receivers to throw to, and two tight ends that woiuld have come in handy were missing because they were damaged goods when he drafted them. (things could look better later on but Sunday, Brady had very few options to throw to)

- Brady's offensive line did not protect him adequately in most plays

- Brady's leadership with the young guys and "refuse to lose" attitude contributed to the gritty win. 

It's a team loss or a team win. We're all sick and tired of you bashing our best player relentlessly. Criticism, fine - constant bashing, well, that's the kind of trollish behavior that will get you booted. 

Glad to see the moderators have finally caught on to how damaging you our to our discussions in your current anti-Brady troll persona.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

That's the problem, what SB caliber team with SB hopes over hualed their O 75%? Typically you only see that much over haul in rebuilding years. There shouldn't be a reason for a SB caliber team to be rebuilding that much in a single year.

Sorry, but this is bs plain and simple.  We replaced Lloyd, Welker and Woodhead by choice.  That's it.  The O-line is the same.  The RBs other than Woodhead are the same.  The QB is the same.  If Hernandez didn't get popped for murder the TEs would be the same.  If you want to rag on the Amendola signing fine, but it's not like people weren't complaining about Lloyd either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Sorry, but this is bs plain and simple.  We replaced Lloyd, Welker and Woodhead by choice.  That's it.  The O-line is the same.  The RBs other than Woodhead are the same.  The QB is the same.  If Hernandez didn't get popped for murder the TEs would be the same.  If you want to rag on the Amendola signing fine, but it's not like people weren't complaining about Lloyd either.

I was commenting towards Triple's 75%, I know that numbers much lower and the turn over isn't nearly as great but still if you look at the % of plays for each player lost the main portion of snaps from the previous year is gone by choice (not including Hernanadez). That's a lot of turn over at this moment and currently Ridley and Hooman are the only players not on the OL or named Brady who finished the season last year to play on Thursday. I suppose you can count Slater too but is he really an O player?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

unfortunate offseason. The Wes debacle happened( I think they wanted to move on) and did knowing they can pick up the slack with others like AH and then AH goes and kills someones(so not in the plans) Where in the GM manual does it tell you what to do after your stud TE goes to jail for murder?  Not Ideal but its what we have now. There is some depth issues but I trust BB on that side to come up with some form of defense to compete. 4-2-5, keep Kelly fresh. I trying to be positive cuz its all we got. I was captain of the Debbie Downers in offseason but now that the season is here, Im not spend all season being a crabby Patty! Have u seen TFB today? Thats not healthy so I guess Im taking more a casual approach this season So i can enjoy. Im getting old, I got a family. Sundays are my escape. Im not gonna let a few offseason moves ruin MY ESCAPE! Im Riding with MY team, good or bad. Same as I did for years with My C's and I was rewarded in 07. To each his own, but why not wait before you condemn the season?

I hear you Triple but I don't think it's good to go either way in the end. You don't have to be a debbie downer but I think there has to be some recognition to the issues still surrounding the team. I highly enjoyed yesterdays game, it's been a while since we've seen a grind it out slugfest but this team I expect a playoff team and one that has a good chance to go deep. So, while I enjoyed the win I also see there is plenty of work to go and look forward to seeing how they develop.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Brady sucks!! Take him, his rings, his ever changing haircut, his passion, his fourth quarter comebacks and that MF dimple the hell on out of here !!!!

Tom Brady – Celematic

You'll miss me when I'm gone......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I hear you Triple but I don't think it's good to go either way in the end. You don't have to be a debbie downer but I think there has to be some recognition to the issues still surrounding the team. I highly enjoyed yesterdays game, it's been a while since we've seen a grind it out slugfest but this team I expect a playoff team and one that has a good chance to go deep. So, while I enjoyed the win I also see there is plenty of work to go and look forward to seeing how they develop.

Idk, I thought that was 16 games were for. To keep getting better and working towards being the best in December. I am gonna enjoy watching it develop. YOu know why? I have had to sit and watch each of the last 5 years of us getting into the dance and not being the last team standing. As much as I can pinpoint all the problems of the teams in the past, it was our lack of playmakers on offense that usually did us in at the end of the day. So, how can I sit here and be mad at BB in week 1, after a win because the weapons didnt look good? I wanted change, so I am Embracing it. If you are one of the guys who said we will never get a 1st down again because Wes is gone, back in April, then all I can say is, It will get better. GO find Wes Welkers 1st game and tell me what that looked like? Brady was throwing to D.patten., T.Brown, J.Wiggins, Fred Coleman ALL FOR THE 1st TIME in 2001. He was a 1st year signal caller. Years later, Brady is far and away better than the 2001 version and he has shown the patience to work with these guys. What some need to understand is that the differnce between pretty and ugly football is sometimes inches. 2 catches I can name right now. Suds and KT had drops where they slipped. If they dont slip, those are 2 big catches instead of drops. Changes the game, Gives them confidence. If they work hard in practice, maybe they make less mistakes next week and then by midseason, they are comfy and then by years end, maybe they are a force. It happens every year but you all are used to the front running teams that break out to 4-0 records. I recall the old Drew Bledsoe led teams always getting out to good starts until we played the Jets and BB and he made Drew look like a H.S. QB. We would have always endure a 3 game skid afterwards as Bledsoe tried recover and watched as other teams copied BBs gameplans. WHo cares how you start and we ARE 1-0. I can draw a lot of parellels to those SB winning teams to keep me positive throughout the season.  Others can continue to look for reasons WHY this team can do anything this year. If one game does that to you, time to find a new sport, if youve always felt that way, than weve probably heard all the complaints before. Lets Enjoy this season. Should be a fun home opener. Any of you guys care to sell your season tickets??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

thanks og

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Idk, I thought that was 16 games were for. To keep getting better and working towards being the best in December. I am gonna enjoy watching it develop. YOu know why? I have had to sit and watch each of the last 5 years of us getting into the dance and not being the last team standing. As much as I can pinpoint all the problems of the teams in the past, it was our lack of playmakers on offense that usually did us in at the end of the day. So, how can I sit here and be mad at BB in week 1, after a win because the weapons didnt look good? I wanted change, so I am Embracing it. If you are one of the guys who said we will never get a 1st down again because Wes is gone, back in April, then all I can say is, It will get better. GO find Wes Welkers 1st game and tell me what that looked like? Brady was throwing to D.patten., T.Brown, J.Wiggins, Fred Coleman ALL FOR THE 1st TIME in 2001. He was a 1st year signal caller. Years later, Brady is far and away better than the 2001 version and he has shown the patience to work with these guys. What some need to understand is that the differnce between pretty and ugly football is sometimes inches. 2 catches I can name right now. Suds and KT had drops where they slipped. If they dont slip, those are 2 big catches instead of drops. Changes the game, Gives them confidence. If they work hard in practice, maybe they make less mistakes next week and then by midseason, they are comfy and then by years end, maybe they are a force. It happens every year but you all are used to the front running teams that break out to 4-0 records. I recall the old Drew Bledsoe led teams always getting out to good starts until we played the Jets and BB and he made Drew look like a H.S. QB. We would have always endure a 3 game skid afterwards as Bledsoe tried recover and watched as other teams copied BBs gameplans. WHo cares how you start and we ARE 1-0. I can draw a lot of parellels to those SB winning teams to keep me positive throughout the season.  Others can continue to look for reasons WHY this team can do anything this year. If one game does that to you, time to find a new sport, if youve always felt that way, than weve probably heard all the complaints before. Lets Enjoy this season. Should be a fun home opener. Any of you guys care to sell your season tickets??

Lol, I was not one of the guys who said we'd never get a 1st down again without Welker but I am one of the guys who thought it was a mistake letting Welker go over $1mil and thought we could have gone and gotten both Welker and Amendola (judging by the current cap space we could have). I did say it was a mistake relying completely on Amendola because of the risk of injury down the stretch. Now I'm really hoping I was wrong but I am one of the ones who wasn't happy leaving FA without another durable vet at WR which for the price I thought Welker was reasonable. I just love though that the notion got so blown out of the water by people it snow balled into a simple black or white issue. It's like a couple other recent posts today which basically said if you don't 100% go along with the win and see a single issue with the teams victory last year than you aren't a true fan somehow. I've always believed a true fan is one that enjoys the team but can take a unbiased assesment on their performance in hopes of improvement. My notion of fair weather fans are essentially they never question anything when they are winning and are not around when they aren't. So, while I'll be happy with the victory I'm sure BB and Brady aren't doing cartwheels today so I only critize them as much as they themselves while enjoying victory in the end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Good lord it is game 1. I trust in Bill.

Loyal Pats fan since '71

Sections
Shortcuts