Dont underestimate the Hawks if they make it to the Super Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: Dont underestimate the Hawks if they make it to the Super Bowl

Cold weather, No Home field, travel to East Coast, we'll see. If they make it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team, right now, would destroy NE and DEN IMO.

A lot of people talk about how they're not as good on the road, which is true, but I'm not sure that's the reason as much as it is the starting time of the games.

Most of their road games are at 1:00pm. That's 10am their time. Super Bowl won't be a 1:00pm game, and they will already be in NY/NJ for a week.

I think the start time of their road games are the biggest factor for why they struggle on the road, not the fact that they dont know how to play away from SEA.

But they're 5-1 on the road this year too...So it's not like last year where they were horrible.

This team is scary good. I think injuries are the only thing that could prevent them from making it to the Super Bowl

[/QUOTE]

How could anyone underestimate a team in the SB?!  I dont get it at all. Ive been giving props to this team for a couple years and all I get is hate. Its a scary team right now. People want to hold on their statements of "carrol will never win in this league"  lol

The guy built up a pretty good secondary and maybe he doesnt have the control needed for an NFL coach but you cant question the results. His Defense is dominating, in your face, hard to like but they get it done. Lots of young talent. Cliff Avril was pretty cheap.

The reason I think the team is legit because they pose the same threat as Carolina with the running QB and great running back. Wilson doesnt make many mistakes. He is much more poise and mature than Cam IMO so it will be harder if we face them. They are the only team that runs more than pass so we would have our hands full. We would have to load the box and hope not to be beat at playaction. They dont have the outside threat that Talib would handle. Talib is usless vs this team. I would be worried about Tate and his playmaking ability and Sherman and the rest of the secondary.

They are legit and and WE MAY face them. luckily it would be on neutral grounds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here we go...Too many kids here.

They are nowhere near as good away from home and in a blizzard, probably worse.  They have  not played anyone on the road save for SF and barely won their other games.

I just don't get why anyone trusts Pete Carroll. It's fascinating to me. The classic cartoon character front runner who never really got it at this level is somehow now getting it?  Wake me when he wins one.

[/QUOTE]

Dude,its time for you to admit that you look foolish saying Petey will never win., He currently has the best team in the league. Deal with it. This is why you have no legs to stand on cuz you refuse to give props to any other team esp. one with a coach you feel didnt help us when he was here. Take your little emotions out the equation. YOu still bitter about Parcells leaving too. Get over it man. Petey built a championship team. Wether they win it one thing, but the guy has built the team to win. Stop hating.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

To beat seattle you gotta take advantage of wilson being short.  This means he has trouble throwing short balls over the line.  ...  so pressure him with 5 rushers and play a punishing medium-deep Zone that picks off his floaters and hits his receivers.  And key on Marshawn and stuff him before he gets going.  See if anybody can employ this type of defense in the remaining games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

People underestimate SEA's ability on the road. That's what I meant with the topic.

Theyre pretty close to unbeatable at home...Everyone assumes that they're half the team they are on the road though. They're not as good, but they're still very good on the road.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I had New England and Seattle in the Super Bowl prior to the season starting, haven't wavered from this.  BB will have to out think Wilson to win it, but it can be done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To beat seattle you gotta take advantage of wilson being short.  This means he has trouble throwing short balls over the line.  ...  so pressure him with 5 rushers and play a punishing medium-deep Zone that picks off his floaters and hits his receivers.  And key on Marshawn and stuff him before he gets going.  See if anybody can employ this type of defense in the remaining games.

[/QUOTE]

this sounds like the best plan of attack. He doesnt throw deep to his outside guys much in regular sets but off playaction, he lets that thang go and u have to be careful not to get your safeties sucked up on that action but would be a good chess match. Carrol is great D coach but if you stop the run, you have a chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I can simplify this: there are some very strong teams at the top of the NFC. Any NFC team that makes it to the Super Bowl is going to be a handful, not like the Rex Grossman led Chicago Bears the Colts once beat for example.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Wilson covers up a lot of deficiencies in that offensive line.  They are really bad and the one true weakness on that team.  I think Carolina has the best chance of beating them in the NFC although SF can as well.  Their games against St. Louis and Houston are examples of bad teams that were able to exploit their bad offensive line who could have (and in Houston's case should have) won the game.  They are also an incredibly undisciplined team having committed the 2nd most penalties in the league this season which could come back to bite them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I had New England and Seattle in the Super Bowl prior to the season starting, haven't wavered from this.  BB will have to out think Wilson to win it, but it can be done.

[/QUOTE]

We should have beaten them last year in Seattle. That loss still sticks with me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

We should have beaten them last year in Seattle. That loss still sticks with me.

We rolled up almost 500 yards on that top rated D.  A real shame we only managed 23 points.  Obviously the coverage breakdowns in the back end were unacceptable as well.  I agree that was a tough loss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We rolled up almost 500 yards on that top rated D.  A real shame we only managed 23 points.  Obviously the coverage breakdowns in the back end were unacceptable as well.  I agree that was a tough loss.

[/QUOTE]

They hit that lucky bomb as I recall.  One that got away... ouch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They likely respect Veterans I'll bet.....again....I'm asking you...why are you here?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

So who is underestimating them?

They are better at home than on the road - they dont have the noise

We do not know how they will play on a cold nite in NJ

They have a good set of receivers but they are not great, great

They have a dangerous runner

They have a bully defense

Would they get to TB??

Carrol in a big game is a question mark

They have played and won a lot of close games

How did Indie beat them?

If the PAts get to the SB - Pats  will be favored - but only because the bookies will set the point spread to maximize the betting pool- not cause they should be favored. Too many non football fans will bet on the Pats

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wilson covers up a lot of deficiencies in that offensive line.  They are really bad and the one true weakness on that team.  I think Carolina has the best chance of beating them in the NFC although SF can as well.  Their games against St. Louis and Houston are examples of bad teams that were able to exploit their bad offensive line who could have (and in Houston's case should have) won the game.  They are also an incredibly undisciplined team having committed the 2nd most penalties in the league this season which could come back to bite them.

[/QUOTE]

the thing is they know how to run block and if they start off good and you cant stop them, its gonna be a nightmare trying to defend, run, pass, qb scramble, read option. Thats why we lost to Carolina. Too much to worry about and Wilson is better than Cam and more mature IMO.

I get what you are saying, but I just feel we dont have the horses to do either. We need to blitz to stop the run and our pressure has been spotty and I dont know how CJ would do vs their mammoth tackle, but he struggled last week vs Duane Brown who is a big dude.

Our inability to stop the run and our lack of speed and athleticism may ultimately be our demise but we could scheme our way to a win if things go right but I dont wanna get ahead. Plenty to worry about in the AFC.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I also wish we had acquired Red Bryant prior to last season, can you imagine a three man front with Wilfork, Bryant and Tommy Kelly?  Dominance...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

The thing I remember about that game is we got greedy at the half, went for TD instead of Field Goal, time ran out. Difference in game. BB will never make that mistake again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

They are terrible on the road. Not worried. They won't survive in the cold in february in NJ, if they make it that far.