Don't Vote for ANY Patriot for the Pro Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayosmyboy51. Show mayosmyboy51's posts

Don't Vote for ANY Patriot for the Pro Bowl

As much as I believe guys deserve a reward for a great season, the risk for injury is just too great.  A player's reward for a good season should be a bonus from the team, not risking their bodies in a meaningless game for a miniscule national audience.  What would happen if we send someone like Meriweather or Brady or Welker and they...I don't wanna even think about what could happen. So please, PLEASE, do not vote for any Patriots player for the Pro Bowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Don't Vote for ANY Patriot for the Pro Bowl

I want my 30 seconds back...  Damn it !!!!!!!!!  why do I bite on these rediculously STUPID posts...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Don't Vote for ANY Patriot for the Pro Bowl:
    I want my 30 seconds back...  Damn it !!!!!!!!!  why do I bite on these rediculously STUPID posts...
    Posted by justme2

You are not alone.  To make it even worse, the fact we posted here will keep the thread on top, which causes more people to read and post.  Then someone looks for any opening whatsoever to say something about politics, religion, or Dungy.  Then the thread takes on a whole new meaning.  Before you know it, the thread has 150 replies and someone is looking at it saying "how can a thread about not voting for the Pro Bowl have 150 replies?"  That person is also trapped into looking.  He probably even posts something because after 150 replies, there's something sure to offend anyone.  The thread then lives and morphs.  It goes from politics to religion to abortion to Dungy to politics and back to Dungy until suddenly Leon arrives.  Then everyone picks on Leon and there is once again order in the universe.  Ah, but there is still trouble brewing.  Choircontrarian is typing a new poll thread about whether or not Brady trims his nose hair.  And the cycle continues...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"I want my 30 seconds back...  Damn it !!!!!!!!!  why do I bite on these rediculously STUPID posts..."

True. But the issue of voting Pats players to the Pro Bowl can be summed up in two words...
    Robert Edwards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Yea we really should vote against them going hopefully none of them make it and get any of the financial incentives they'd receive if they are voted to the pro bowl.

Plus the pro bowl is the week before the super bowl none of the Pats will be playing because they'll be playing the following week.  Do everyone a favor and think before you post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

The concern about the NFL's change of chronology is real.
    I think that what we will all see are players on either SB team saying "thank you for the award, but I will pass on playing."  That way, they can keep it on their resume, but avoid some stupid injury right before the game of their life!
    The honor of the Pro Bowl is being picked, regardless of whether you play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

" I want my 30 seconds back...  Damn it !!!!!!!!!  why do I bite on these rediculously STUPID posts..." True. But the issue of voting Pats players to the Pro Bowl can be summed up in two words... Robert Edwards.
    Posted by Yapple

He was injured playing flag football on the beach in Hawaii, and not in the actual game.  You know life just bites when that happens...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The concern about the NFL's change of chronology is real. I think that what we will all see are players on either SB team saying "thank you for the award, but I will pass on playing."  That way, they can keep it on their resume, but avoid some stupid injury right before the game of their life! The honor of the Pro Bowl is being picked, regardless of whether you play.
    Posted by ConcordWiggin

No player in the Superbowl will actually play in the Pro Bowl.  Not for the injury factor, but because they will be busy preparing/practicing for the SB.  I like the idea of the Pro Bowl happening the week prior at the site of the SB, but any player in the SB will decline to play.  However, a lot of players decline to play anyway.  Making it part of the SB hype and activities will probably decrease the number of players who choose not to play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~I clicked on this Thread hoping some deeper motivational incentive were to underlie Myself or Anyone in "...NOT Voting for Patriot Players going to the ProBowl."  Something about Being Underappreciated year after year as Pat's Players (ala Rodney Harrison), OR perhaps something about Having no real big-name Free Agent guys (when they want HUGE $ to stay here, they're 99% of the time G-O-N-E, and IF they want HUGE $ to come here, they're 100% of the time a N-O  G-O), OR (as I st^pidly thought to myself before clicking here)-perhaps this Thread was about T-E-A-M, and How the Pats are trully starting to come together as one, Rookies, Vets, no-names, It seems that this year as the D is on par with our O (with Brady still getting into a rhythm), and how unheralded 1st and 2nd year guys playing larger roles than ever, WE are trully seeing a Better MEANING of Team with this Greater Balance of Team Players.........

BUT I had the misfortune of clicking on a simple and above all, selfish thread, from someone that doesn't want to offer any (however trivial) sort of abundant recompense (however small-i.e. you get to smash your body up for 1 more game a year, but it's in Hawaii) to the warriors that give you so much joy with their blood, sweat, and tears...sweet really... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"He was injured playing flag football on the beach in Hawaii, and not in the actual game.  You know life just bites when that happens..."

I know he was playing football on the beach. But he was there because of the Pro Bowl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

HAhahahaha  some people are just....  well, you know what i mean...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Well, there is this.  I'm not a fan at all, but it appears they're trying to get the Pro Bowl to "mean something".  Anyone else catch this news?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80dbeb16&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Well, the Pro Bowl is the week before the Super Bowl this year.  So, how about we just make it to the Super Bowl?  Then we don't have to worry about our players playing in the Pro Bowl.  Sounds a lot more rewarding to me than not voting for them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

In Response to Re: Don't Vote for ANY Patriot for the Pro Bowl : You are not alone.  To make it even worse, the fact we posted here will keep the thread on top, which causes more people to read and post.  Then someone looks for any opening whatsoever to say something about politics, religion, or Dungy.  Then the thread takes on a whole new meaning.  Before you know it, the thread has 150 replies and someone is looking at it saying "how can a thread about not voting for the Pro Bowl have 150 replies?"  That person is also trapped into looking.  He probably even posts something because after 150 replies, there's something sure to offend anyone.  The thread then lives and morphs.  It goes from politics to religion to abortion to Dungy to politics and back to Dungy until suddenly Leon arrives.  Then everyone picks on Leon and there is once again order in the universe.  Ah, but there is still trouble brewing.  Choircontrarian is typing a new poll thread about whether or not Brady trims his nose hair.  And the cycle continues...
    Posted by carawaydj

This made me smile... Nice one carawaydj..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Forget the tool that posted this thread.. Vote often and early for every Patriot possible!!

Let them get the recognition they deserve and allow them to be honored, while they sit out in preparation for the SB.

Nobody will think badly of anyone in the SB who doesn't play the week before in the Pro Bowl, it will be seen as common sense to anyone with a bit of intelligence and sense of what is at stake the following week.   Nobody would blame Brady, Moss, Welker, Meriweather, any of the O-lineman, D-lineman, or anyone else that could make it there for not playing when they'd be playing the following week.

Then again, knowing the ignorant perception they'd think the Pats would be being rude and trying to stick it to the NFL for not going.. however, they'd think it'd be just fine for the other team.  But who knows.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Don't Vote for ANY Patriot for the Pro Bowl:
    As much as I believe guys deserve a reward for a great season, the risk for injury is just too great.  A player's reward for a good season should be a bonus from the team, not risking their bodies in a meaningless game for a miniscule national audience.  What would happen if we send someone like Meriweather or Brady or Welker and they...I don't wanna even think about what could happen. So please, PLEASE, do not vote for any Patriots player for the Pro Bowl.
    Posted by mayosmyboy51

U R RIGHT!!!! with this dumb train of thought, lets not have practices either. let's not throw the ball at all. lets not have any player drive, have sex (back issues, energy drainage, disease potential) and so on. Everything is risky. These guys esp like Meriweather equate Pro bowl selections with $$$$, national exposure, and so on. Plus its a major way of how their legacy is judged. Have u actually seen a pro bowl game? They do far less hitting than a common team scrimmage! Its a vacation, opportunity to market the league and hang out with guys u usually never hang out with. Its also about politics and the opportunity to subtly recruit guys to your team as Bel did with AD. Also for union stuff and what not. When was the last major pro bowl injury? no one is cheap shotting or doing dumb stuff. only one i know of happened to robert edwards off the field in freak volleyball accident. so...GIVE ME A BREAK! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeastplantII. Show BeastplantII's posts

one of the better threads to come along in a while....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from alex978. Show alex978's posts

i doubt superbowl participants will be playing in the pro bowl....commonsenseade - drink some

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

Even if any of the Patriots were to be selected, I doubt that anyone  would elect to participate if the Patriots should end up playing in the Super Bowl.  Starting this year, the NFL will be scheduling the Pro Bowl game to take place the week before the Super Bowl.  Because of that, can you honestly say that anyone on this team would put an individual honor like that over the team goal of winning another championship?  I think that both SB teams will opt out of the Pro Bowl altogether, therefore I think it's really a non-issue at this point.

Sections
Shortcuts