Donta Hightower

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Donta Hightower

Donta's play making makes or Defense a much more agressive style.  If this kid is ready to go, he will be exactly the man our Defense needs at this time including the DBacks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Re: Donta Hightower

Here's the real question...  How does a young kid just out of a college football program and good enough (mentally & physically...) to be a high draft pick get himself "injured" before his contract ink is even dry.  I say "injured" because that is what the "official" word is out of the Patriots organization.  Hamstring injury they say - that was close to a month if not longer ago.  By now he could have had both hamstrings even surgically replaced.  Where is this young strapping athelete????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the real question...  How does a young kid just out of a college football program and good enough (mentally & physically...) to be a high draft pick get himself "injured" before his contract ink is even dry.  I say "injured" because that is what the "official" word is out of the Patriots organization.  Hamstring injury they say - that was close to a month if not longer ago.  By now he could have had both hamstrings even surgically replaced.  Where is this young strapping athelete????

[/QUOTE]

Willie McGinest had this same type of injury on numerous ocassions until he hired a trainer who specialized with this issue.  Some of the taller leaner guys are prone to have this problem and it can be a major problem.  Hope they can resolve this in a hurry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Unless he plays safety, he is not going to make a huge difference on passing downs. We have learned that have a more consistent pass rush (from Jones that is) has not made the DBs any better than they were last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless he plays safety, he is not going to make a huge difference on passing downs. We have learned that have a more consistent pass rush (from Jones that is) has not made the DBs any better than they were last year.

[/QUOTE]

Donta was able to put a rush on from the edge, when he played.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Clay73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get that, but did the DBs really play any better in those games. He played in four games and they are 2-2 with him and 1-1 without him. (Really, he missed the majority of the Bills game so they are 1-2 with and 2-1 without). In the Ravens game, they gave up 503 yards of total offense. 

I think he has a lot of potential, but he is still young. He is not suddenly going to make this defense noticeably better when he comes back (or he would have done it in the games he played).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

hammies are tough to recover from......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hammies are tough to recover from......

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, see Shane Vereen last season. It basically cost him the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Willie McGinest had this same type of injury on numerous ocassions until he hired a trainer who specialized with this issue.  Some of the taller leaner guys are prone to have this problem and it can be a major problem.  Hope they can resolve this in a hurry.

[/QUOTE]

"Willie McGinest had this same type of injury on numerous ocassions until he hired a trainer who specialized with this issue. "

i outlined this on a few occasions (that hamstrings can be mainitained even if it takes daily treatment by the right experienced professioanl) .... only to noise replies. when have experience with something and know, you know. when you dont. there is no reason to throw up hate.

my original point was, that as a professioanl athlete, with money, there is no excuse not to have the hammies flexible enough where they are not going to pull.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get that, but did the DBs really play any better in those games. He played in four games and they are 2-2 with him and 1-1 without him. (Really, he missed the majority of the Bills game so they are 1-2 with and 2-1 without). In the Ravens game, they gave up 503 yards of total offense. 

I think he has a lot of potential, but he is still young. He is not suddenly going to make this defense noticeably better when he comes back (or he would have done it in the games he played).

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he does suddenly make this Defense better by making plays behind the line of scrimmage and putting more pressure on to hurry throws.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Willie McGinest had this same type of injury on numerous ocassions until he hired a trainer who specialized with this issue. "

i outlined this on a few occasions (that hamstrings can be mainitained even if it takes daily treatment by the right experienced professioanl) .... only to noise replies. when have experience with something and know, you know. when you dont. there is no reason to throw up hate.

my original point was, that as a professioanl athlete, with money, there is no excuse not to have the hammies flexible enough where they are not going to pull.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, well said my friend...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Hamstring injuries have to be treated carefully. They can linger for a season, even longer if it isn't allowed to fully heal before returning. I had a hamstring injury when I played that lasted for two years . To this day it still bothers me sometimes. 

Hightower was chop blocked at Alabama and tore up his knee one year, other than that he never got hurt or missed games. I suspect the Patriots are just using caution. He will help the D when he returns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To me, Donta is the best pass covering LB they have. I think the middle of the field gets much tighter with him out there, and Spikes/Mayo playing closer to the line, where they belong.

Granted, that's an opinion based of off very little game time.

Hanstring injuries can be a tricky thing. No need to think, at this point, it'll be a chrinic issue. Some hamstring pulls take a month or more to feel right, some take less. It's not something worth pushing as any type of reinjury totally resets the recovery clock. Simply not worh it early in the season. We'd all like him to be out there, but if I have to choose, I'll have him healthy in December/January instead of September/October. November is the swing month, in case you're wondering.