Donte Stallworth gets 30 days in jail for accident

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Donte Stallworth gets 30 days in jail for accident

The family gets screwed if Stallworth can't pay the settlement that was agreed because he is no longer getting paid his NFL salary...Comments on  that?

Stallworth has been in the league for some years now. If he hasn't saved (or invested) a good portion of his money he is a fool. I think maybe his financial records would have been looked over by the court before the deal was made...to insure his ability to pay. I hope the family's attorney would have done so in any case. Stallworth also just re-signed, I believe, and should have received a hefty bonus. Hopefully the family doesn't get screwed. After that, I assume the Browns will be taking him to court to try and recover some of that up front money, as he will not be able to play. The Falcons did something similar with Vick. You make a good point, but hopefully this was considered beforehand by the judge and the DA. I also think they should have added a stipulation in there which would send him to prison for a number of years were he to be caught driving again...drunk or not. Maybe there is such a provision in Florida statutes. I can also understand the family's wishes. No amount of jail time would have brought this girl's father back. Still, I think he should have got at least a year. Just my opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Anyone who thinks Stallworth's sentence is just is an a**hole.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

quality post-

[QUOTE]Anyone who thinks Stallworth's sentence is just is an a**hole.
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]