DONTE STALLWORTH:"its true BB micromanages, WRs got chewed out for answering which Randy Moss catch we most liked!"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Re: DONTE STALLWORTH:

You really shouldn't listen to D&C. That's like watching fix news. They have an agenda and that agenda is to stir the pot such as you are trying to do now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Isn't that what most talk radio is about: stimulating dialog?  D&C can be intersting. Sure a lot of their stuff is provocative but that's why they're there.  They also have some intersting guests who provide insight on a variety of sports (and not so sports) related topics.

I heard the Stallworth inteview and found nothing suprising in it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

donte is a bb guy, but on dennis and callahan was just being honest and free. i'm sure bb is getting livid. the picture being painted is a total control freak who wants to b able to control every aspect of those around him or else. they were talking about welker and how unhinged bb has become in talking about welker and his hit on talib.. the guys feel he was lookin for a distraction to avoid blame for giving up 500+ yards and being emasculated. donte went thru the hell a player would get if he dared to respond as bill did.

with moss, a reporter just innocently asked the main wideouts which moss catch (during  the 2007 season) they were most impressed with.? they each listed their fave.. the next day when it came in the paper, bb was livid and chewed everyone out.. that led to a lot of the monotone answers, and the total repression of all personality.

bb's style is certainly not for everyone. long as he wins, no beef. if o'brian can win with a different public persona, already seems a lot more forthcoming in his public interviews and conversations, houston could replace foxboro as a= the landing place for coaching and playa belichickians.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I live in houston and have formally renamed it, "patriots south"...my friends here who are texans fans laugh but deep down can only dream of similar success.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It is obvious that BB is an anal control freak. Just watching him seethe at every press conference shows his controlling nature. He can't stand having to answer to the press, or anybody else. Still, he's a great coach so, you have to take the bitter with the sweet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is obvious that BB is an anal control freak. Just watching him seethe at every press conference shows his controlling nature. He can't stand having to answer to the press, or anybody else. Still, he's a great coach so, you have to take the bitter with the sweet.

[/QUOTE]

But according to our resident troll he has no control over his offensive coordinator and QB because he's too busy coaching up his 500 yard defense. LOL

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well there is no doubt Belichick is a control freak, but he knows what he is doing, he's the best coach in the NFL. Do I think he takes it too far? Yes, no doubt about it, but I'd rather have a guy who wins than a entertainer like Rex Ryan.

Personally I haven't litened to a BB press conference or interview in five years - I mean I've heard a few minutes here and there - but I never sit through a whole thing...it's pointless, I'd rather listen to paint dry (they say if you listen closely it sounds like baby sea horses swimming).

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You really shouldn't listen to D&C. That's like watching fix news. They have an agenda and that agenda is to stir the pot such as you are trying to do now.

[/QUOTE]

and npr mpr whatever it is.  can't survive without government funding.  FORCED TO LISTEN

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But according to our resident troll he has no control over his offensive coordinator and QB because he's too busy coaching up his 500 yard defense. LOL

[/QUOTE]

Well, Rusty's a moron and a liar, so what can you expect?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well there is no doubt Belichick is a control freak, but he knows what he is doing, he's the best coach in the NFL. Do I think he takes it too far? Yes, no doubt about it, but I'd rather have a guy who wins than a entertainer like Rex Ryan.

Personally I haven't litened to a BB press conference or interview in five years - I mean I've heard a few minutes here and there - but I never sit through a whole thing...it's pointless, I'd rather listen to paint dry (they say if you listen closely it sounds like baby sea horses swimming).

[/QUOTE]

I think Bill is a victim of a vicious cycle. He does things to make people dislike him, and when they dislike him he entrenches and treats them worse, and they dislike him more.

Why in the world would anybody want to watch a BB press conference? It is the epitome of awkward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Isn't that what most talk radio is about: stimulating dialog?  D&C can be intersting. Sure a lot of their stuff is provocative but that's why they're there.  They also have some intersting guests who provide insight on a variety of sports (and not so sports) related topics.

Yes and more. It is strictly an entertainment show these days. (most Talk radio I mean, sports ones for sure)

If anyone remembers the newly wed game where they specificly targeted the most unfiltered, and probably uneducated people they could find to accept as contestants. Talk radios shows do the same with their callers.

They are produced shows much like reality TV, mostly staged for ratings.

There is only so much I can take of people calling in asking if Brady was off a lil bit in the Broncos game because he had a cold the week before the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but an you explain why any fan would care why a coach's press conference is so important?

A real Pats fan could care less how smiley or funny their coach is at a press conference.

Jim Harbaugh was singing a Johnny Cash song at one of his recently and the media loved it, but just why does that matter?

But, oh golly oh gee, I am so happy that the media protects Harbaugh because he acts like a moron in front of the camera as his franchise QB kisses his biceps and shows up at the podium with headphones on, AFTER choking again.

Super!

[/QUOTE]

The head coach is the face of the franchise, when you put a guy at a podium and all he does is clear his post nasal drip problem for 30 minutes not answering questions, it doesn't look good. Now Bill wins and therefore can get away with all that - he didn't win for five of his six seasons in Cleveland and couldn't get away with it there. In fact his first year here - before Brady - he went five and eleven...did you notice the treatment he was getting from the media? He had a radio show with McDonough, you should of heard it, it was the most uncomfortable, awkward thing I have ever ever heard. McDonough would just roast him for a half hour, bill would just sit there and snort...it was weird. That 5-11 season was brutal...then he started 0-2 the following year before Brady saved his job and career as a head coach, because up until that point he had coached 7 years as a head coach and only had one winning season...there was talk of him not making it past November in 01 until Brady saved the day.

Once again winning allows you to stand there and say nothing and be rude to everyone in the room, however losing doesn't. Do you think Kraft would put up with Bill's crap if he didn't win? You think he'd let any other coach he hired and pays to represent his franchise the way he does at press conferences if he didn't win like Bill? No way in hell. Why? Because the head coach represents the franchise. The head coach has press conferences and radio shows every week because there has to be some sort of connect with the city and fans, with Bill there is none of that, but winning eases all that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Bill is a victim of a vicious cycle. He does things to make people dislike him, and when they dislike him he entrenches and treats them worse, and they dislike him more.

Why in the world would anybody want to watch a BB press conference? It is the epitome of awkward.

[/QUOTE]

It is some of the most awkward/uncomfortable things I've ever witnessed...they are just awful. I seriously can't believe this guy is unwilling to answer any question of importance what so ever. He gives them nothing and in turn gives us nothing, which is fine if you, but man if he ever starts to lose there will be problems...owners don't want their coaches acting like that. It doesn't represent their franchise well, but winning does and that's why he gets away with it. Personally Bill takes an aspect away from me as a fan (the press conference, the hearing what the coach thinks, etc), but I can live with that as a fan because they win, if he didn't do that it would be miserable following this team because he takes the fun out between games.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from catbuttbuster45. Show catbuttbuster45's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

I would not be surprised.  BB is highly organized, great attention to detail, very cerebral - more driven than most coaches. That's both the reason for his success and demise because I think he ends up out-thinking himself.

BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!~

MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

How's all that cat butt doing in your 'hood you 'ol NY Jets Troll? Still walking around with an old T-Shirt and a can of Chloroform in your back pocket? Still sneaking up behind the neighborhood kitties and "pouncing" on them?...you nasty boy you...

MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

Hit that kitty butt....

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This kind of stuff is total BS. 

I have some big criticisms of Belichick as a GM and only minor ones as a coach (he's still the best coach in the league), but this kind of stuff is irrelevant. 

I do believe Belichick is somewhat of a control freak but the terms of engagement are clear, guys know what they are getting into, and they want to be a part of a winning culture. Since when has Belichick had trouble attracting veteran players? The only guys who don't want to come here as veterans are guys who want to get paid more than they want to win. That's ok by me. 

This would only hold water if great veterans chose not to sign here. That doesn't happen. If anything, the reverse is true. Despite whatever crud folks say, guys want to play for Belichick, and that's all that matters. 

The only thing that bothers me is when folks in here get on this high horse that Bill's way is the only way. It's not. But it works - very well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I had an idea for middle of the road talk radio.  I'm not sure it's really a good idea or not.  I spoke to potential investors but they were non-committal.  I'm not sure if others would be interested so I'm kind of on the fence about it.  If something happens with my middle of the road concept I may be back to let people know that it's possible that something might happen. Stayed tuned because this maybe interesting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Belichick is in the crosshairs right now for good reason.

First...2 of the most trusted coaches have bailed on him.  This is alarming since these are the 2 coaches who were like the glue that kept both sides functioning.  The timing of the 2 bailouts is a slap to Belichick.

Second the continued coaching failure in the biggest game of the year.  Embarrassing.  Having zero gameplan other that to suck until the point where you ask Brady to do it on his own.

Slater, mulligan, and collie show...?  Thanks to Edelman for showing up... but 2 guys do not make up an offense, dimwits.   (mcD and BB).  HOrrible.  Heres a play for you......

1st quarter, 3rd drive, in FG range.

2nd and 10, right before the infamous phantom OFF.PI call on Hooman.

Brady does the elaborate stretch play fake and has all the time in the world he looks and throws the ball away out of bounds near Edelman.

Trouble was ...Edelman was the only player running a pass pattern on the play.  9 blockers  1 pattern.  wasted incompletion.   this is how you run your offense after you finally have some rythym and have moved into FG range....?   Just Horrible...  where's Prolate and Z to explain this play?

NO explanation other than Belichick has lost it.  No clue how to orchestrate an offense since Weis left.   Brady has kept the overall sh1!t together and from totally hitting the fan and they have won games but the Big game ability where you need big players and Big game planning and big in-game coaching to win......   It just ain't there.   Sorry ,  10 years of this crap is enough. 

Its time to face the Music.  The cat's out of the bag.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Like you can't design a quick screen to Amendola to get him the ball...?  Or an end around to just get another player DA, into the gameplan...?  ( not to mention the player who is makeing the most f'n money...?)

This just in....  It's harder to defend multiple players .  Amendola drops his only pass.  Kinda like the goalie who gives up a goal after standing around for 20 minutes...?

Terribly designed offense.  No attempt to get more players ( your biggest and most talented players, involved.

This is ultimately on Belichick.  small-ball for mental midgets.  Fail.  again.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Belichick is in the crosshairs right now for good reason.

First...2 of the most trusted coaches have bailed on him.  This is alarming since these are the 2 coaches who were like the glue that kept both sides functioning.  The timing of the 2 bailouts is a slap to Belichick.

Second the continued coaching failure in the biggest game of the year.  Embarrassing.  Having zero gameplan other that to suck until the point where you ask Brady to do it on his own.

Slater, mulligan, and collie show...?  Thanks to Edelman for showing up... but 2 guys do not make up an offense, dimwits.   (mcD and BB).  HOrrible.  Heres a play for you......

1st quarter, 3rd drive, in FG range.

2nd and 10, right before the infamous phantom OFF.PI call on Hooman.

Brady does the elaborate stretch play fake and has all the time in the world he looks and throws the ball away out of bounds near Edelman.

Trouble was ...Edelman was the only player running a pass pattern on the play.  9 blockers  1 pattern.  wasted incompletion.   this is how you run your offense after you finally have some rythym and have moved into FG range....?   Just Horrible...  where's Prolate and Z to explain this play?

NO explanation other than Belichick has lost it.  No clue how to orchestrate an offense since Weis left.   Brady has kept the overall sh1!t together and from totally hitting the fan and they have won games but the Big game ability where you need big players and Big game planning and big in-game coaching to win......   It just ain't there.   Sorry ,  10 years of this crap is enough. 

Its time to face the Music.  The cat's out of the bag.

*Maybe* Pepper bailed, but Dante's was in the works for a while.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts