DONTE STALLWORTH:"its true BB micromanages, WRs got chewed out for answering which Randy Moss catch we most liked!"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: DONTE STALLWORTH:

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Belichick is in the crosshairs right now for good reason.

First...2 of the most trusted coaches have bailed on him.  This is alarming since these are the 2 coaches who were like the glue that kept both sides functioning.  The timing of the 2 bailouts is a slap to Belichick.

Second the continued coaching failure in the biggest game of the year.  Embarrassing.  Having zero gameplan other that to suck until the point where you ask Brady to do it on his own.

Slater, mulligan, and collie show...?  Thanks to Edelman for showing up... but 2 guys do not make up an offense, dimwits.   (mcD and BB).  HOrrible.  Heres a play for you......

1st quarter, 3rd drive, in FG range.

2nd and 10, right before the infamous phantom OFF.PI call on Hooman.

Brady does the elaborate stretch play fake and has all the time in the world he looks and throws the ball away out of bounds near Edelman.

Trouble was ...Edelman was the only player running a pass pattern on the play.  9 blockers  1 pattern.  wasted incompletion.   this is how you run your offense after you finally have some rythym and have moved into FG range....?   Just Horrible...  where's Prolate and Z to explain this play?

NO explanation other than Belichick has lost it.  No clue how to orchestrate an offense since Weis left.   Brady has kept the overall sh1!t together and from totally hitting the fan and they have won games but the Big game ability where you need big players and Big game planning and big in-game coaching to win......   It just ain't there.   Sorry ,  10 years of this crap is enough. 

Its time to face the Music.  The cat's out of the bag.

You have gone off the edge.  Retiring from the NFL after 32 years is "bailing"?  Pepper Johnson possibly getting a dream job elsewhere or BB not happy with the results from Pepper's coaching is them "bailing"?

Pepper's contract was not re-upped either due to a plan by both BB and Pepper or quite frankly because BB wants to make a change like he did with crappy Dean Pees when he wasn't re-upped.

BB is not an offensive coach.  McDaniels calls the plays. Brady has full autonomy. Do the math.  YOu used to get this and now you're off the rails off your meds, going from thread to thread buying into the anti-BB media while the gettin' is good. Every year this happens and every year I ask for TOm Brady to be the old Brady again, knowing if not, we'll never wini anything.

We'll have dorky pinky hats babbling about meaningless bloated stats all year long and then we see what we see with him in the AFC Title game, which is CRAP. Absolute garbage, a lack of caring, lack of fire, poor decisions, making it about him and throwing from the shotgun early in games, etc.

John Fox does not tell Manning what to do.  He just lets Manning run things like Dungy did, and Manning succeeds, while Brady's desires to be like Manning to get stats, to get press, to show that media he's as great as Manning, has completely backfired to the point Brady is now seeing Slater sent in for deep routes on 3rd and 2 in the first quarter.

Manning also gets the job done, while Brady still thinks it's 2007 when BB has the team built more like 2004.

The only complaints here are towards McDaniels and Brady. Who is a better option over McDaniels? I'd have no issue with giving it to Daboll, but with McDaniels rejecting the Browns job twice now, that apparently won't be happening.  Until you or anyone can suggest an available OC superior to McDaniels, someone that can crack that whip on Brady, I am not sure what the answer is.

Brady has SUCKED and his desires to be selfish and put up stats to put that ego next to Gomie has destroyed this franchise.  He showed poor leadership early this year, showed it again in the title game.  

This all started with Tommy boy going all LA with Giselle, too. Brady changed back in 2007.  He ditched a pregnant Moynihan, got sucked into this pathetic glitz and glamour garbage which REAL Boston sports fans CANNOT STAND, and here we are. To get into his house, he has to lower a drawbridge. LOL

About sums it up.

To get into the Binky Club you have to bail him out of his awful throws and make him look better than he really is.  Brady still thinks every WR is going to freakish Moss streaking down the sidelines outjumping 3 dwarves in coverage. It's almost like he's trying to entertain himself playing some on field version of Russian Roulette.

We all have to pay for it because Brady doesn't get that his 15 million per takes up a boatload of cap space, where prior to 2011, it didn't.  

This is all about Tom Brady. BB worked like hell to break some of Brady's habits this year. Everything from walking from Welkie and Woodhead to rid the addiction to getting some size on the perimeter with 2 impressive rookies in Dobson and Thompkins.

But, in the end, it was Brady and McDaniels taking the cheese in the title game, AGAIN, to throw 35+ times in a low scoting game and yet again get away with any accountability after being selfish and doing nothing to help a decimated and injured defense.

[/QUOTE]

How many big agame FAILS do you need before you realize BB can't do it on his own....?  You absolve him of blame for this pathetic offense but he hand groomed McD and then has stood by watching all these failures and not done anything about it... essentially rubber stamping the entire thing.

10 years dude.   Thats abig enough sample size.  I'm not respinning some media garbage.   This is me...coolade.  Fan who has seen enough and is more perceptive than your average Joe. 

Sorry this isn't on Brady this time....   Who the hell trots out Slater for a big 3rd and 3 before you have logged a single First down in the biggest game of the year....? and then throws abomb to him.

Answer---offensive dimwit and slater-lover,  BB.  This is his and his hand groomed boy McD's scheme and gameplan and it is midget minded small ball.  Fail . again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

donte is a bb guy, but on dennis and callahan was just being honest and free. i'm sure bb is getting livid. the picture being painted is a total control freak who wants to b able to control every aspect of those around him or else. they were talking about welker and how unhinged bb has become in talking about welker and his hit on talib.. the guys feel he was lookin for a distraction to avoid blame for giving up 500+ yards and being emasculated. donte went thru the hell a player would get if he dared to respond as bill did.

with moss, a reporter just innocently asked the main wideouts which moss catch (during  the 2007 season) they were most impressed with.? they each listed their fave.. the next day when it came in the paper, bb was livid and chewed everyone out.. that led to a lot of the monotone answers, and the total repression of all personality.

bb's style is certainly not for everyone. long as he wins, no beef. if o'brian can win with a different public persona, already seems a lot more forthcoming in his public interviews and conversations, houston could replace foxboro as a= the landing place for coaching and playa belichickians.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I live in houston and have formally renamed it, "patriots south"...my friends here who are texans fans laugh but deep down can only dream of similar success.

[/QUOTE]

sort of like the Pats had great success becoming Giants North...u take from the Best!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well there is no doubt Belichick is a control freak, but he knows what he is doing, he's the best coach in the NFL. Do I think he takes it too far? Yes, no doubt about it, but I'd rather have a guy who wins than a entertainer like Rex Ryan.

Personally I haven't litened to a BB press conference or interview in five years - I mean I've heard a few minutes here and there - but I never sit through a whole thing...it's pointless, I'd rather listen to paint dry (they say if you listen closely it sounds like baby sea horses swimming).

[/QUOTE]

true Hurl but u gotta know when to bend when to listen to others when to ease up...it seems however Bellichick can't ir won't...ut can become a negative

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

BB is infamous for not being a control freak as Scarnecchia will attest to amongst other coaches who have worked here.

Quite frankly, I don't care how Stallworth shapes his opinion on something so silly.  And, obviously, Commie is a tool.

The bin ottom line is, no one player is above the team.  If Moss is isolated in front of the team, terms of teammates gushing over Moss's catches publicly, it puts Moss above the team.

And, let's face it, that's what was Moss was doing in early 2010 looking for a new contract BEFORE the lockout, where he knew his career might be over, if he went into the lockout without a paycheck. Randy Moss also did not perform very well for this team in postseasons, nor did Welkie. See a pattern there? I do.

Voila, BB wisely dealt the person who thought he was above the team, actually poisoning Brady along the way.  Brady then went on to win the MVP in 2010, under Center, looking like the old Brady, not playing favorites or forcing balls. It was a beautiful sight. All you idiots who are falling for this anti-BB media barrage are frauds and obvious morons. You do this every year when Brady craps out in the AFC Title game. Every year, well, because Brady hasn't had  2 quality starts in the postseason, back to back, since 2004.

It's a fact you simply cannot run from here.

You can't go one week from the haters being forced to gush over his coaching and personnel brilliance this year, to all of a sudden going 180 degrees in the opposite direction the next week, because the injury plague this team dealt with finally hit the wall on Sunday.

It ain't working, so forget it.

BB is a COTY finalist and the runaway Exec of the Year with Caserio.   He was brilliant and has been brilliant off the lockout in general compared to these other supposed stellar franchises who arrogantly thought they were on this level and never earned it.

The lockout just showed by BB is the best personnel  manager in the business and someone who knows what buttons to push and when.  He's a genius, actually.  He created the best recipe to sustain greatness in the cap era. No other GM can say this.

I am sure Stallworth is a bit sore BB cut him for a second time.  Too bad. But, telling players to cool it with the public talk, or even with Gronk acting like a viking on a rampage, is not "micromanaging".

Once you let the inmates run the asylum, it's all over.

[/QUOTE]

who were the "arrogant" franchises u r speaking of?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well there is no doubt Belichick is a control freak, but he knows what he is doing, he's the best coach in the NFL. Do I think he takes it too far? Yes, no doubt about it, but I'd rather have a guy who wins than a entertainer like Rex Ryan.

Personally I haven't litened to a BB press conference or interview in five years - I mean I've heard a few minutes here and there - but I never sit through a whole thing...it's pointless, I'd rather listen to paint dry (they say if you listen closely it sounds like baby sea horses swimming).

Yes, but an you explain why any fan would care why a coach's press conference is so important?

A real Pats fan could care less how smiley or funny their coach is at a press conference.

Jim Harbaugh was singing a Johnny Cash song at one of his recently and the media loved it, but just why does that matter?

But, oh golly oh gee, I am so happy that the media protects Harbaugh because he acts like a moron in front of the camera as his franchise QB kisses his biceps and shows up at the podium with headphones on, AFTER choking again.

Super!

[/QUOTE]

The head coach is the face of the franchise, when you put a guy at a podium and all he does is clear his post nasal drip problem for 30 minutes not answering questions, it doesn't look good. Now Bill wins and therefore can get away with all that - he didn't win for five of his six seasons in Cleveland and couldn't get away with it there. In fact his first year here - before Brady - he went five and eleven...did you notice the treatment he was getting from the media? He had a radio show with McDonough, you should of heard it, it was the most uncomfortable, awkward thing I have ever ever heard. McDonough would just roast him for a half hour, bill would just sit there and snort...it was weird. That 5-11 season was brutal...then he started 0-2 the following year before Brady saved his job and career as a head coach, because up until that point he had coached 7 years as a head coach and only had one winning season...there was talk of him not making it past November in 01 until Brady saved the day.

Once again winning allows you to stand there and say nothing and be rude to everyone in the room, however losing doesn't. Do you think Kraft would put up with Bill's crap if he didn't win? You think he'd let any other coach he hired and pays to represent his franchise the way he does at press conferences if he didn't win like Bill? No way in hell. Why? Because the head coach represents the franchise. The head coach has press conferences and radio shows every week because there has to be some sort of connect with the city and fans, with Bill there is none of that, but winning eases all that.

[/QUOTE]

Here is what you don't get. I don't care how it "looks". I care about the product and the results.

People who care how it looks, concern me.

Halas, Paul Brown, Lombardi, etc, they would have hated these stupid, forced press conferences with dopey questions too.

I cannot imagine fielding questions from dopes, some of whom try to bait you, when you could be doing what you're paid to do, which is be the GM and coach.

What a waste of time.  Kinda funny your last paragraph says it all anfd you still don't get it. No real fan, Kraft, no one who gets it, cares what BB looks like at a podium because it doesn't trump the brilliance of the GM and the coach, the best ever.

To seriously be so concerned about image and media hype and pats on the back with you as an adult, is disturbing.

[/QUOTE]
    Here's what you don't get.  People don't generally care what you think because you've demonstrated that you have nothing if not a very specific agenda.  Halas, Brown, and Lombardi didn't coach when football was king.  The NFL takes in over 9 billion dollars annually in revenue today.  Part of reason they got there was by creating a media giant that includes required press conferences so that more news is created about the league. 

What I wonder is if Belichick abhors this so much and just wants to be a football guy, why not just leave it all and coach high school or DIII?  My guess is that he loves the money and he doesn't hate the noteriety as much as he tries to portray that. He gets to rub elbows with Jon Bonjovi and sit courtside at Celtics games.

Along with being the highest paid coach in the league comes the responsibility of having to be accessible to the media.  Without the help of the media, Belichick's paycheck would be severely cut because the revenue to the league would be severely cut.  Belichick ain't dumb.  He knows this, but apparently he enjoys biting the hand that feeds him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but an you explain why any fan would care why a coach's press conference is so important?

A real Pats fan could care less how smiley or funny their coach is at a press conference.

Jim Harbaugh was singing a Johnny Cash song at one of his recently and the media loved it, but just why does that matter?

But, oh golly oh gee, I am so happy that the media protects Harbaugh because he acts like a moron in front of the camera as his franchise QB kisses his biceps and shows up at the podium with headphones on, AFTER choking again.

Super!

[/QUOTE]

The head coach is the face of the franchise, when you put a guy at a podium and all he does is clear his post nasal drip problem for 30 minutes not answering questions, it doesn't look good. Now Bill wins and therefore can get away with all that - he didn't win for five of his six seasons in Cleveland and couldn't get away with it there. In fact his first year here - before Brady - he went five and eleven...did you notice the treatment he was getting from the media? He had a radio show with McDonough, you should of heard it, it was the most uncomfortable, awkward thing I have ever ever heard. McDonough would just roast him for a half hour, bill would just sit there and snort...it was weird. That 5-11 season was brutal...then he started 0-2 the following year before Brady saved his job and career as a head coach, because up until that point he had coached 7 years as a head coach and only had one winning season...there was talk of him not making it past November in 01 until Brady saved the day.

Once again winning allows you to stand there and say nothing and be rude to everyone in the room, however losing doesn't. Do you think Kraft would put up with Bill's crap if he didn't win? You think he'd let any other coach he hired and pays to represent his franchise the way he does at press conferences if he didn't win like Bill? No way in hell. Why? Because the head coach represents the franchise. The head coach has press conferences and radio shows every week because there has to be some sort of connect with the city and fans, with Bill there is none of that, but winning eases all that.

[/QUOTE]

Here is what you don't get. I don't care how it "looks". I care about the product and the results.

Halas, Paul Brown, Lombardi, etc, they would have hated these stupid, forced press conferences with dopey questions too.

I cannot imagine fielding questions from dopes, some of whom try to bait you, when you could be doing what you're paid to do, which is be the GM and coach.

What a waste of time.  Kinda funny your last paragraph says it all anfd you still don't get it. No real fan, Kraft, no one who gets it, cares what BB looks like at a podium because it doesn't trump the brilliance of the GM and the coach, the best ever.

To seriously be so concerned about image and media hype and pats on the back with you as an adult, is disturbing.

[/QUOTE]
    Here's what you don't get.  People don't generally care what you think because you've demonstrated that you have nothing if not a very specific agenda.  Halas, Brown, and Lombardi didn't coach when football was king.  The NFL takes in over 9 billion dollars annually in revenue today.  Part of reason they got there was by creating a media giant that includes required press conferences so that more news is created about the league. 

What I wonder is if Belichick abhors this so much and just wants to be a football guy, why not just leave it all and coach high school or DIII?  My guess is that he loves the money and he doesn't hate the noteriety as much as he tries to portray that. He gets to rub elbows with Jon Bonjovi and sit courtside at Celtics games.

Along with being the highest paid coach in the league comes the responsibility of having to be accessible to the media.  Without the help of the media, Belichick's paycheck would be severely cut because the revenue to the league would be severely cut.  Belichick ain't dumb.  He knows this, but apparently he enjoys biting the hand that feeds him.

[/QUOTE]

what's so great about rubbing elbows with Bon Jovi? haha

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Super!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because he has the best situation any 30+ Year NFL employee could ever have, that's why he doesn't just go coach Div III.

BB doesn't bite any hand.  BB doesn't like snakes, weasels and selfish people who want to make it about them.  Smart coaches understand that you protect your team by protecting your players and the media's potential negative role in destroying a locker room.

This ain't Indianapolis either, so you  have no idea what you're talking about here. Part of the hires in this town, whether it's the Bruins, Celts and especially the Sox, is really about how the coach handles the press.  BB's way would normally not be recommended, but it works.  

Or, you can go the Francoma way and go all buddy/buddy to stave them off. Doc Rivers, same thing.

Julien does a good job and gives them basic respect, but also is quick to slap.  So, there is more to it than you think in this town.

Pete Carroll was everyone's best buddy and the players ran amuck and the team underachieved when he was here.  Babe, Mt Hurl and those idiots loved them some Pete Carroll, but that approach doesn't work here.

Ask better questions instead of the usual, predictable dumb ones and he's good.  We've all seen it. The guy goes off for 10 minutes on interesting anecdotes or general football strategy.

The fact is, the media wants a piece of BB because of his status and overall success as the greatest coach of all time (And GM), so they want that access NOW while he's still active as the GM/Coach. They feel entitled.  When BB gave access to Holley, Halberstam, for those books, even the guy from Harvard, ESPN, the national people, all got angry, as did the Globe. They felt they deserved that access, so they started going after him.

Fact.

They don't want to wait 2 years after he retires and grants an interview or writes a memoir.

It's all about money.  There is no rule on how you have to present yourself while at these stupid, overdone and useless press conferences.

[/QUOTE]

Your belichick love reminds me of Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now.  Its distrubing.  Really.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Doc Rivers ain't the Celts coach.  You plucked an Indy guy out of Indy. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

What I wonder is if Belichick abhors this so much and just wants to be a football guy, why not just leave it all and coach high school or DIII? 

Competing and winning at the highest level means something.  Why do you think so many high paid college coaches leave for a chance in the NFL?  And let's be honest here.  College and high school football aren't anywhere near the same level strategically as the NFL.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What I wonder is if Belichick abhors this so much and just wants to be a football guy, why not just leave it all and coach high school or DIII? 

[/QUOTE]

Competing and winning at the highest level means something.  Why do you think so many high paid college coaches leave for a chance in the NFL?  And let's be honest here.  College and high school football aren't anywhere near the same level strategically as the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you, but if he truly abhors the press as Rusty suggests and he seems to demonstrate then there would be no price to getting him out of the situation.  Since I agree with you, why not try to play a little better with the press?  It is important to the NFL brand especially given his stature.  The increasing value of the brand helps pay for his salary. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Doc Rivers ain't the Celts coach.  You plucked an Indy guy out of Indy. 

[/QUOTE]

Rivers was, though, stupid.  Part of the reason why RIvers was hired was because he could handle the media. That's the point.

So far, Stevens has shown that, too. This ain't Indy. I know you think Indy is on par with the Boston market, both popularity and the media, but it ain't. Trust me.

[/QUOTE]

you are completely false in your assessment of my opinion.  But then again, what's new?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Super!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because he has the best situation any 30+ Year NFL employee could ever have, that's why he doesn't just go coach Div III.

BB doesn't bite any hand.  BB doesn't like snakes, weasels and selfish people who want to make it about them.  Smart coaches understand that you protect your team by protecting your players and the media's potential negative role in destroying a locker room.

This ain't Indianapolis either, so you  have no idea what you're talking about here. Part of the hires in this town, whether it's the Bruins, Celts and especially the Sox, is really about how the coach handles the press.  BB's way would normally not be recommended, but it works.  

Or, you can go the Francoma way and go all buddy/buddy to stave them off. Doc Rivers, same thing.

Julien does a good job and gives them basic respect, but also is quick to slap.  So, there is more to it than you think in this town.

Pete Carroll was everyone's best buddy and the players ran amuck and the team underachieved when he was here.  Babe, Mt Hurl and those idiots loved them some Pete Carroll, but that approach doesn't work here.

Ask better questions instead of the usual, predictable dumb ones and he's good.  We've all seen it. The guy goes off for 10 minutes on interesting anecdotes or general football strategy.

The fact is, the media wants a piece of BB because of his status and overall success as the greatest coach of all time (And GM), so they want that access NOW while he's still active as the GM/Coach. They feel entitled.  When BB gave access to Holley, Halberstam, for those books, even the guy from Harvard, ESPN, the national people, all got angry, as did the Globe. They felt they deserved that access, so they started going after him.

Fact.

They don't want to wait 2 years after he retires and grants an interview or writes a memoir.

It's all about money.  There is no rule on how you have to present yourself while at these stupid, overdone and useless press conferences.

[/QUOTE]

Your belichick love reminds me of Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now.  Its distrubing.  Really.

[/QUOTE]

Back to back backpedals, huh, Underpants?  Right on schedule.

If you're a fan of a team and your coach and GM is the best of ALL TIME in the sport, why wouldn't you love that as a fan?

It's disturbing for me to enjoy it?

That makes no sense.  If I am a diehard fan, realize what's going on here, and truly appreciate the brilliance of it, that means I truly appreciate it.

Living outside the region, I happen to have a very good perspective.  The pink hats inside the Brady bubble, do not. They're gone. 

Brady could be pedestrian next year and they'll do the same thing.

All we heard down here all year was how great Riverboat Ron was as a coach or how amazing Carolina is and they go 1 and done again. Meanwhile, our team is bagged in Carolina, has injuries up the ying yang and we go 12-4.

I can go right around the league and point to supposed superior franchies, teams, etc, or those who pretend to be on par with this, and it just isn't there.

Wait until Sherman holds the entire Seahawks franchise by their collective nuts demanding 15 per year to be above Revis. Seattle best win the SB this year, because that's it.

If SF caves on Kaepernick, they're likely cooked with their cap because they have way too many players who are now paid too much and will be cap cuts, with people to pay.

Small windows.

[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for solidifying my last comment.  You are certified, my friend. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I completely agree with you, but if he truly abhors the press as Rusty suggests and he seems to demonstrate then there would be no price to getting him out of the situation.  Since I agree with you, why not try to play a little better with the press?  It is important to the NFL brand especially given his stature.  The increasing value of the brand helps pay for his salary. 

I think he responds to lazy questions with lazy answers.  I think most NFL reporting is inane crap.  Some reporters have gotten him to provide thoughtful answers to various types of questions.  Maybe the others should follow their lead?  Frankly it's all moot imo.  It hasn't stopped the Patriots from being a hugely valuable brand.