Dowling and Vereen SIgned

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

Re: Dowling and Vereen SIgned

Wilhite NEEDS to be cut. I've never seen a bigger bust in my life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Excellent! Now lets get Solder done!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Solder is apparently holding out for more guarantied money. I kind of figured the agents would take this approach. Where the lowered rook salaries so now the agents want the entire contract guarantied. I'm sure once a couple of other players that were drafted around him sign they will have a basis to work off of and get a deal done. But no pressure to bring him in immediately with Light being signed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Great to hear! They haven't signed Solder yet have they? Need to get that one done.

Wilhite was only a fourth rounder. He wasn't THAT bad and not nearly as big a bust as Wheatley was.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Solder is only hurting himself.  The longer he sits the further behind he gets.  I think they still have room to not cut anyone.  If they need to cut someone it should be Slater.  There are a lot of fringe players that will be nothing more than camp fodder.  No need to cut possible talent or trade bait at this time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Let the games begin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Good news, get em in and get going for sure.  I really like Rasi Dowling.  He is well coached and recruited by Mr. Al Groh when he was at Virginia.  This kid has got all the potential in the world to be a very good NFL player.  I'm sure BB and Al spoke about Rasi before taking him 33 overall. 

Now it's Solder's turn. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Dowling and Vereen SIgned:
    [QUOTE]Agreed. Wheatley is the bigger bust. Wilhite looked great in the nickel last year even in zone, before getting hurt.  We just haven't caught breaks in that area in recent years. At all. The Bodden injury is another example.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Lol I was just about to write that. 2008 was a rough draft, thank god for udfa BJGE that year

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Was the 4th year guaranteed on these guys, do we have any info on the contrats? 

Makes sense Solder is last he can be signed to a 4 or 5 year NO??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed. Wheatley is the bigger bust. Wilhite looked great in the nickel last year even in zone, before getting hurt.  We just haven't caught breaks in that area in recent years. At all. The Bodden injury is another example.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

The thing is Wheatley isn't around anymore. Both Wilhite and Butler simply look lost on the field. Butler runs a 4.4 so at the very least we can send them off to Al Davis for a 3rd round pick.

Our secondary is going to be an area of strength with Bodden (stud) and McCourty (Stud and a half). I'm expecting to see dowling more as a safety/on big, slow recievers like plax. Arrington did an admirable job covering the slot last year and his slot blitzes were pretty nifty if you saw the Lions game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

I agree with you there on Wilhite, he was serviceable on the slot, he just belongs nowhere near the outside of the field. Out of our current crop of Cbs, Butler should be the one who is cut.

2010 stats:
    Arrington: 71 tackles, 5 passes defensed, 1 INT
    Butler: 23 tackles, 6 passes defensed
    Wilhite (9 games): 20 tackles, 2 passes defensed
    McCourty: 82 tackles, 7 interceptions, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles and 17 passes defensed

Arrington has 1 fewer pass defensed than butler, but he never got as many opportunities as he was never identified as a corner to pick on. Arrington had 3 times more tackles, being a dependable tackler on the outside of the field. He lead the team in '09 is 18 special teams tackles too, so I really love how he isn't afraid of tackling. Butler essentially blew the game week 2 giving up a TD and commiting 2 (2!) PI penalties on another scoring drive, with 2 TDs being the difference in the game. Meanwhile, Arrington's pick 6 over the Packers Helped win the game. 1 Makes plays, 1 doesn't.

His contract extension is why he clearly won his job as the slot defender and somebody who isn't great on the outside but isn't lost either. The one thing he struggles with are behomoths like Megatron (who scored on him) but Megatron is undefendable in the red zone anyways.

At best, butler belongs working in a Connecticut area Isuzu dealership.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dowling and Vereen SIgned : Lol I was just about to write that. 2008 was a rough draft, thank god for udfa BJGE that year
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Speaking of BJGE, what do we pay him? A thousand yard rusher, doesn't fumble, physical, young...

We drafted two guys and have some holes, do you give him a three year deal 4 to 6 million? He was tendered at the 2nd round level, is there a one year salary slotted for that? I don't believe there is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dowling and Vereen SIgned : Speaking of BJGE, what do we pay him? A thousand yard rusher, doesn't fumble, physical, young... We drafted two guys and have some holes, do you give him a three year deal 4 to 6 million? He was tendered at the 2nd round level, is there a one year salary slotted for that? I don't believe there is.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

1.835 mill

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

tate is as good as any ko returner in the league, and still probably our best deep threat. after returning 2 early season tds, he helped us all year by forcing teams to kick short and away from Tate. i'll check average starting field position, but Pats were probably close to league best. still going to be a fight to make roster. curious to see darius butler return kicks, and even run end arounds on offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

[QUOTE]tate is as good as any ko returner in the league, and still probably our best deep threat. after returning 2 early season tds, he helped us all year by forcing teams to kick short and away from Tate. i'll check average starting field position, but Pats were probably close to league best. still going to be a fight to make roster. curious to see darius butler return kicks, and even run end arounds on offense.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

Butler isn't going to be returning kicks, I doubt he even makes the team.