Dowling Should be Ready for Offseason Workouts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Dowling Should be Ready for Offseason Workouts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4718417/following-up-on-ras-i-dowling

This is good news.  The guy saw limited playing time before the injury, but he looked good in the small sample and it is impressive that he could play from day 1 without a real offseason.  I know a lot of people are worried about his injury history, but he really only missed significant time in college for one year.  Here's to hoping for a bounce back year for both him and McCourty.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Dowling Should be Ready for Offseason Workouts

From your mouth to Gods ears....lol

Sounds good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Dowling Should be Ready for Offseason Workouts:
    [QUOTE]From your mouth to Gods ears....lol Sounds good.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

It's the offseason.  How can you not be optimistic? Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The over/under has been set at the 3rd pre-season game when he goes on IR again.

I'll say under.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I am optimistic. I am not gonna do a flip based on the article though. He should be well over his hip injury from 6 months ago, but its when he gets back on the field is what I am worrying about.

I love the fact he started early and over Bodden....but that wasnt that impressive, as I knew Bodden was done when I watched him in camp last year.

Also he was doing fine right up until the point he made contact with a player.

So It could be coincidence, but for now, you have to assume the glass Ras Jokes to be accurate until proven otherwise.

I dont like the fact that we have to draft another CB because of Ras' injury concerns and McCourty's inconsistency.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This post should read...Dawling set to practice three times during training camp before he goes down with a mysterious groin injury that will sideline him for three months. Then he comes back and misses the rest of the season while twisting his ankle carrying his large "Five Guy's Fries" order to his table. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I'll try to be positive about this guy...and McCourty. Though I reserve the right to change my mind this summer!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I really don't get all of the negativity with Dowling.  He played in 35 out of 37 games his first 3 years in college before missing some time his senior year.  I'm not saying he won't get injured again, but let's give him another season before we all assume he is made of glass.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I really dont hate the guy, I am more just having fun at his expense.

usually when i talk bad about a guy, they make me look bad, and thats the scenario im hoping for here.

Lets be real, none of us know who will show up and what player they will be after witnessing McCourty last year and D.Butler the year before.

You have to laugh at it. I wont go and make a bold prediction al a Rusty and be wrong later. Lets let him PROVE to us HE belongs....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We're going to have a top 5 defense next year. You heard it here first! Lol!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

[QUOTE]We're going to have a top 5 defense next year. You heard it here first! Lol!
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Don't know about that. but they don't have to be with the offense we have if they can crack the top 20 that shouldn't be too bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

From my sources he has already changed his name to mysterious groin injury,thus simplifying the injury report .Also as I have previously noted welfare cheques are out today and still no Crusty.What is the connection? Stay tuned for more breaking news,you know you want to!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If he can stay healthy, he's a great number 2 to McCourty with Moore on the inside. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dowling Should be Ready for Offseason Workouts : Don't know about that. but they don't have to be with the offense we have if they can crack the top 20 that shouldn't be too bad.
    Posted by p-dogg81[/QUOTE]

Agree... #21 to #17   and NE will again be a top contender for the superbowl.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If he can stay healthy, he's a great number 2 to McCourty with Moore on the inside.

Everyone wants to be #1, but theres nothing wrong with a solid #2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Blue Blue Sky - McCourty is turned into a real real good FS, especially shutting down deep ball -  during the offseason and Dowling steps up and has a great season as a CB along with improvement in others like Arrington and Moore and maybe one nice draft choice.

Add to that a focus in the draft (and maybe FA) on either the left or right or both edges of the front 7 (DE and/or OLBs) with enough upgrade to turn mediority into a real honest to god strength. The D becomes one of the top 10 in yardage allowed and a top 4 in points and top 6 in third down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Port, you think they are gonna keep # 32 at free safety and have him focus there in the offseason, maybe bulk up and see what he has in camp?

I have mixed feeling about this. One one hand, he did struggle last year, but I keep going back to his rookie year and I want to see if he can regain that form.

It would be a shame to have to start all over trying to get a # 1 Cb or # 2. I like Arrington as a slot and as well as Moore played I wouldnt trust him all year as the # 2 either.

Maybe we bring in a solid vet CB that wins the # 1 spot and Dowling stays healthy and plays our # 2. Im guessing who they can get in free agency at the safety position will influence their decision on what they do with # 32

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Dowling Should be Ready for Offseason Workouts:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4718417/following-up-on-ras-i-dowling This is good news.  The guy saw limited playing time before the injury, but he looked good in the small sample and it is impressive that he could play from day 1 without a real offseason.  I know a lot of people are worried about his injury history, but he really only missed significant time in college for one year.  Here's to hoping for a bounce back year for both him and McCourty.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

My favorite part was when ya hoped that a guy whom was a no-doubt Pro Bowler in his 1st season in the pros, And whom in his second season while being backed up by McDonald's Employees at The Safety Position still managed to lead the entire NE Defense in solo tackles (63), while ranking second in Total Tackles (85) which went along with his 12 PDs (behind only Arrington @ 13 PDs), 2 INTs, and 4.5 TFLs= CAN "hopefully"-"bounce back" in the same manner that Dowling can "bounce back" from his illustrious year of playing in 2 Games and his 2 solo tackle, 1 assist, 3TT combined Overall stellar output...

Yea, Quick addendum:  "Hopefully McCourty will be a pro-bowler again...And hopefully Dowling won't injure both his calf, AND RE-injure his hamstring, in the same manner that he hurt them both while running the 40 yard dash in his shorts and on a cushioned track field during last year's Combine, prior to somehow getting a different injury 2 months later while running a straight-line 40 yard dash in his shorts and on cushioned track field during his College Pro Day..." 
    ~However, Smarter money's on DMC bein' a pro-bowler if and when he gets even an inkling of even average on-field surrounding support, While at the same time betting Dowling becomes a season ending IR after throwing his back out after sneezing in his bed at home... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dowling Should be Ready for Offseason Workouts : My favorite part was when ya hoped that a guy whom was a no-doubt Pro Bowler in his 1st season in the pros, And whom in his second season while being backed up by McDonald's Employees at The Safety Position still managed to lead the entire NE Defense in solo tackles (63), while ranking second in Total Tackles (85) which went along with his 12 PDs (behind only Arrington @ 13 PDs), 2 INTs, and 4.5 TFLs= CAN "hopefully"-"bounce back" in the same manner that Dowling can "bounce back" from his illustrious year of playing in 2 Games and his 2 solo tackle, 1 assist, 3TT combined Overall stellar output... Yea, Quick addendum:  " Hopefully McCourty will be a pro-bowler again...And hopefully Dowling won't injure both his calf, AND RE-injure his hamstring, in the same manner that he hurt them both while running the 40 yard dash in his shorts and on a cushioned track field during last year's Combine, prior to somehow getting a different injury 2 months later while running a straight-line 40 yard dash in his shorts and on cushioned track field during his College Pro Day ..."  ~However, Smarter money's on DMC bein' a pro-bowler if and when he gets even an inkling of even average on-field surrounding support, While at the same time betting Dowling becomes a season ending IR after throwing his back out after sneezing in his bed at home... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

DMC did not have a good season last year.  Yeah he had total scrubs backing him up at safety, but he still regressed taking that into account.  Also I wouldn't brag about a corner leading the team in tackles of any kind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dowling Should be Ready for Offseason Workouts : DMC did not have a good season last year.  Yeah he had total scrubs backing him up at safety, but he still regressed taking that into account.  Also I wouldn't brag about a corner leading the team in tackles of any kind.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Yea, ya here that alot- "Gee, I wish that defender didn't tackle so much, or so well..."

Look, I know it's a chore makin' that final commitment to untape the A$ante Poster from the wall, right?  And I guess I AM sorta crazy like that, respecting DB guys who want to do everything and anything in order to stop the oppossing team, even when the guy or small bubble-zone area aren't part of any given play's play direction as it unfolds...  Ty Law, Champ Bailey, Darrelle Revis, and yes- Devin McCourty=ALL play(ed) to help their team make the stop- How-ever, When-ever, and What-ever the Offensive side did=This mattered far more to these guys than making a Sportscenter Highlight in a Team Loss, Or what 1 person did, Or what was happening in 1 tiny area that they were currently in-(Nnamdi & A$ante & Ras I Dowling might be your type of Cornerback...I don't tend to admire players who either don't see the field at all, or just pick & choose the particular highlight reel aspects which'll get them noticed, at the unfortunate expense of heaping more dirty-work on some other teammate(s)).  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The hard-working writers at Pro Football Weekly, who we linked to yesterday with their "Top 100" free agents list, have produced another list of note.

This time, it's high 2011 draft choices who missed time with injury that project to give their club a big boost in 2012.

Cornerback Ras-I Dowling, the top pick of the second round last year (33rd overall), makes the cut.
    "Patriots fans got an inkling of how the team feels about Dowling — who was the first pick of the second round of the '11 draft — by the fact that he started the two games he played before landing on injured reserve," writers Kevin Fishbain and Eli Kaberon note. "He could be an X-factor in the Patriots' secondary in 2012, a unit that is sorely in need of an upgrade in personnel. Dowling's size and physicality give him the versatility to play inside or maybe some safety."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I liked what I saw of Dowling and look forward to seeing what he can do going forward.  That the D played as well as it did last year was nothing short of astonishing given the rash of injuries and who ended up in the secondary.  2012 really does offer a great deal of promise.

And, yes, it is the off-season; optimism reigns supreme.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dowling Should be Ready for Offseason Workouts : Yea, ya here that alot- "Gee, I wish that defender didn't tackle so much, or so well..." Look, I know it's a chore makin' that final commitment to untape the A$ante Poster from the wall, right?  And I guess I AM sorta crazy like that, respecting DB guys who want to do everything and anything in order to stop the oppossing team, even when the guy or small bubble-zone area aren't part of any given play's play direction as it unfolds...  Ty Law, Champ Bailey, Darrelle Revis, and yes- Devin McCourty=ALL play(ed) to help their team make the stop- How-ever, When-ever, and What-ever the Offensive side did=This mattered far more to these guys than making a Sportscenter Highlight in a Team Loss, Or what 1 person did, Or what was happening in 1 tiny area that they were currently in-(Nnamdi & A$ante & Ras I Dowling might be your type of Cornerback...I don't tend to admire players who either don't see the field at all, or just pick & choose the particular highlight reel aspects which'll get them noticed, at the unfortunate expense of heaping more dirty-work on some other teammate(s)).  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

A CB making a bunch of tackles is usually not a good thing. On passing plays, it means he's being thrown at for completions. On running plays, it usually means your DE/OLB's aren't setting a good enough edge.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dowling Should be Ready for Offseason Workouts : A CB making a bunch of tackles is usually not a good thing. On passing plays, it means he's being thrown at for completions. On running plays, it usually means your DE/OLB's aren't setting a good enough edge.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

Myth

Myth

Myth

Myth

Myth

Myth

Myth

E-Specially the part where people laughably purport that there's such a high number of Tackles a Cornerback has accumulated, being a direct result of BOTH: Giving up a completion...to his man alone...and is still capable and in the right spot to secure the tackle...directly after the completion...the completion which was inevitably and unconditionally, his fault and to his area and guy to begin with....the majority of the time...

It's laughable- A Cornerback being a "sub-par CB" due to such a high TT count...whom STILL has a decent PD number(s), and in AND after ya take into account the added particulars of having An Absolute ZERO at the starting Safety spots as well...
    ...should label your TT count, as offering an example of how bad yours and yours alone, pass d was-
    ...Is such a misconception which has such hilariously false reasoning behind it-

...that it makes me at a loss for bothering with any more words attempting to help those whom actually believe in this fallacy.  

Sections
Shortcuts