dowling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

dowling

we could have had prince or smith if we wanted a corner and we use this great pick on dowking day 2 suck already

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: dowling

You post reeks on intelligence. One can never have too many fast, physical corners....especially when they have no pass rush.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Right, just like we could have taken Wilson last year instead of McCourty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yay!! Another corner...that will be asked to cover for 15 minutes, while the opposing QB eats a sandwich. 42 corners selected over the last 5 years and counting.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

If he isnt on Mel Kipers big board, he must suck.
    Pink hat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

the guy was injured last season thats the only reason he dropped this far in the first place... mccourty and this dude as our 2 corners for the next how many years?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

You better find another team to root for (not that I believe you really root for the Patriots).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Emily Schaible: 
    Some thoughts on Dowling from Scouts Inc.

Pros: Plays under control and with confidence. Is disciplined when reading keys and doesn't get caught peeking in backfield very often. Very cautious of getting beat deep when working in man-coverage. Has good size and strength for the DC position. Is diligent about keeping outside contain versus the run. Not afraid to mix it up. Solid tackler; does a better job than most of breaking down and wrapping up in space. Flashes the awareness to go for the strip when possible.

Cons:  Can hold up in certain man-to-man matchups but would need deep-safety support versus NFL WRs with upper-echelon quickness. Has some tightness in hips, while top-end speed is very good lack of elite initial quickness can get him in trouble when he takes false steps in man coverage. Will be late reacting to the ball coming out of QBs hands at times in man-coverage but has much better reaction skills in zone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

so what you are saying is, this guy is better than prince or jimmy smith I dont think so not even close

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Dowling is a very good player. I'm not surprised he's the pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: dowling:
    so what you are saying is, this guy is better than prince or jimmy smith I dont think so not even close
    Posted by vegasredsox

Oh my god dude. Red Sox forum is thatta way ------------------>

Stop whining.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

i guess we will see now wont we?  Were you a mccourty hater last year as well?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

Bodden, McCourty, and this kid....fast and tall.  Will you guys all relax....McCourty wasn't the popular pick either and there were tons of better CB's....how did that work out.  You are all just mad because you want a pass rusher....hello...all signs point to getting a STUD free agent pass rusher!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

mccourty was the second rated corner on the board, dowling is 8th admit it this was a very bad pick

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: dowling:
    Posted by vegasredsox

No, they are saying he is a good pick at that spot. OL was still the big fill, making those other CB's unpickable at the 33 spot. How dont you get this?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

what your not getting is that prince or smith much better corners easy, could have been had at 17 and the ot camirini who most will say is better than soldier at 28, we would have been so much better off then we could have used 33 on rush olb or dt, de see its easy when it is explained to you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Twitter
    MikeReiss: 
     Analysis: http://es.pn/jaLakj 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It doesn't matter if we get Rod Woodson and Deion Sanders, no pass-rush means a QB has time to work his WRs open. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Thank you so it was a very bad pick Thank You again

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

You need 3 starting quality corners nowadays.  You're in sub packages slightly more than half of the snaps.  Figure in the injuries that will occur, we finally have a situation where Butler and Wilhite will seldom see the field.  Not a bad thing.  Of course, I'm also skeptical of someone with so many injuries...going back to his HS playing days.

All that said, here's to hoping we address the pass rush next.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

This:
    "Your post reeks on intelligence. One can never have too many fast, physical corners....especially when they have no pass rush. "

This:
    "Right, just like we could have taken Wilson last year instead of McCourty."

and This:
    "If he isnt on Mel Kipers big board, he must suck"

As for me, I love the pick. Big Physical corner, solidifies the position for years to come. McCourty, Ras-Dowling and Bodden. Coverage sacks anyone?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think Billicheck wants to field 8 cbs on the field at once.  We saw what happened to N.Y. if you have two cover corners, teams will just attack you inside where we have Spikes and Mayo who cant really cover anyone....you can get 100 cb's if you want, but sooner or later you got to HIT the f riggin QuarterBack....Jeesh!  why is that so hard  to do.  This position has been getting upgraded since Ty Law.  Way too many picks!  I doubt they will catch lightning 2 years in a row.  THis is because of that bum D.Butler....I guess he will be released......  SMH

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

We all hated on Butler and were calling for his head multiple times last year. Ras-Dowling solves this issue and Bodden is coming back from injury. Why all the fuss about a great pick?

We still have picks to address pass rush. It seems like the moment we don't pick what is expected by these so called "know it all fans"( aka, very annoying bandwagoners) its terrible, BB is clueless and we are epicly screwed.

2 more second rounders to go along with two more 3rd rounders. to address OLB OG WR and RB. Reed is still available, so is Houston. Both Edge rushers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Its hard to say now until the round is over. 
    WHAT IS OUR BIGGEST NEED?????

Definitely OLB/pash rush.  They have passed on MANY impactful  OLB, hopefully they address their biggest need????  
    They have bodden, mccourty, and a bunch of other capable corners.  They have drafted like 15 corners the past 3-4 years????

BB  drafts always bug you, but usually they work out so lets not freak out,  Unless they draft another corner in the 2nd round!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

reed has just goen to the texans 

i think we can kiss the pass rush goodbye today 
    yep i like bb 
    but another year with tbc and nink 
    get ready 

Sections
Shortcuts