dowling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Re: dowling

He seems to be an injury waiting to happen..what are they gonna pay him for his services when he's one play away from missing even more games than he did in college? I know injuries are always a possibility but this guy...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

i am so sick and tired of no defensive ends being drafted for pass rush, we should have got cameron jordan yesterday and daquan bowers today

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

its not that I dont like the pic, but why get him with your 2nd pick...injuries last year had him projected late 2nd, and still 2 other great cb's 

I guess I just keep thinking how many picks we have used for a position that only requires 2 players.....we should not have needed to draft a cb if Wheatley, Butler, woolite...richardson, arrington, etc had panned out...BIll is supposed to know d.b, but it took him 8 years to stop drafting smurfs and actually go for top guys.....those are setbacks that keep you from advancing past the 1st round, IMO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Back in the "Dynasty" days we always got those free agents who flew under the radar but dwelled on the Patriots.... I see what Bill is doing, and granted Im not positive it will work, but I know he is confident in these 2 players he drafted.

As of right now, I believe both Dowling and Solder will be contributers to our Pats for a long time.

Keep the faith PATS FANS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

im pretty sure we wont be getting pass rush help thru the draft, unless bb finds a diamond in the rough somewhere.  most of the recognized pass rushers are gone at this point.  perhaps we can look for another olineman or rb?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjPU5YxvTA&feature=youtu.be

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I give up.  This is like riding a roller coaster blindfolded... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

All of you supporting this pick are forgetting one thing. The history. the facts on this kid show that he isn't going to be on the field alot cause of injuries. If he can't make it through H.S. and the weak ACC, how's he going do in the NFL.

And don't tell me you trust the Pats doctors. Nick Saban would still be coaching the Dolphins if his doctors weren't wrong on Brees.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2011/04/29/new-patriots-cornerback-ras-i-dowling-if-we-had-camp-tomorrow-id-be-ready-to-go/

Ras-i- Dowling quick conference call 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: dowling:
    [QUOTE]Its hard to say now until the round is over.  WHAT IS OUR BIGGEST NEED????? Definitely OLB/pash rush.  They have passed on MANY impactful  OLB, hopefully they address their biggest need????   They have bodden, mccourty, and a bunch of other capable corners.  They have drafted like 15 corners the past 3-4 years???? BB  drafts always bug you, but usually they work out so lets not freak out,  Unless they draft another corner in the 2nd round!
    Posted by fancy-shamanski[/QUOTE]
    I agree the number of corners they have selected and also missed on is disappointing, plus they have Leigh Bodden coming back. If they hadn't of missed on Buttler, Wheatley, Whilite, Merriweather and that third round corner from Notre Dame a few years back...maybe they wouldn't have to keep doing this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Insurance in case Colts take Cobb.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]We all hated on Butler and were calling for his head multiple times last year. Ras-Dowling solves this issue and Bodden is coming back from injury. Why all the fuss about a great pick? We still have picks to address pass rush. It seems like the moment we don't pick what is expected by these so called "know it all fans"( aka, very annoying bandwagoners) its terrible, BB is clueless and we are epicly screwed. 2 more second rounders to go along with two more 3rd rounders. to address OLB OG WR and RB. Reed is still available, so is Houston. Both Edge rushers.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]
    All remaining picks are for sale

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

1) It's unfortunate that the Patriots have had to spend multiple draft picks on cornerbacks the last few years. Some because of injuries but mostly because they just didn't work out for whatever reason. Luckily, last year McCourty was fantastic his rookie season. Hopefully, Bodden will be healthy this season and Dowling will be worth the pick.

2) Pass rush is an area of need but it is not why the Giants beat us in the Super Bowl. It is not why the Ravens beat us in 2009 and it is not why the Jets beat us last year. The Patriots are 51-13 in their last four regular seasons. They are 0-3 in their last 3 playoff games during that time. They just didn't show up the last two postseasons for the first time in Belichick's and Brady's time here in New England.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

I never question the way BB evaluates talent. If he likes a player, I'm sold!....I just don't get why if we spend so much time trading backwards & stockpiling picks why they don't wait a pick or 2 before taking a guy that is off most teams radar?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]1) It's unfortunate that the Patriots have had to spend multiple draft picks on cornerbacks the last few years. Some because of injuries but mostly because they just didn't work out for whatever reason. Luckily, last year McCourty was fantastic his rookie season. Hopefully, Bodden will be healthy this season and Dowling will be worth the pick. 2) Pass rush is an area of need but it is not why the Giants beat us in the Super Bowl. It is not why the Ravens beat us in 2009 and it is not why the Jets beat us last year. The Patriots are 51-13 in their last four regular seasons. They are 0-3 in their last 3 playoff games during that time. They just didn't show up the last two postseasons for the first time in Belichick's and Brady's time here in New England.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]
    Bingo, unforetunately.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjPU5YxvTA&feature=youtu.be
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this, Rocky. He sounds like a stand up guy who is not only very talented, but a very smart football player. I look forward to him and McCourty being the best 1-2 combo in the coming years at the Cornerback position.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

We are close to picking again and I see several great pass rushers still. Houston, Sam Acho, Martez Wilson.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Polkad0tCadaver. Show Polkad0tCadaver's posts

I like the pick, but all can think of Ra's al Guhl.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Shane Vereen
    no leshore ?
    no pass rush ?
    no cobb ?
    no hankerson ?

over reaching
    cant get this decision

vereen is 3 or 4 round
    headscratcher

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjPU5YxvTA

interesting vid on ras-i

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Kill me now !!

they traded the pick to the texans
    it's one needle after another
    as funs how much can we suffer this draft

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]Bodden, McCourty, and this kid....fast and tall.  Will you guys all relax....McCourty wasn't the popular pick either and there were tons of better CB's....how did that work out.  You are all just mad because you want a pass rusher....hello...all signs point to getting a STUD free agent pass rusher!
    Posted by tmmk[/QUOTE]

I  hope  you're  right  about  getting  a  stud  FA  pass  rusher.  But  you  never  know  with  BB.  In  '09  and  '10, when  we  clearly  needed  to  upgrade  the  pass  rush, BB  failed  to  make  any  significant  moves. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]Shane Vereen no leshore ? no pass rush ? no cobb ? no hankerson ? over reaching cant get this decision vereen is 3 or 4 round headscratcher
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]

Relax !  BB  just  traded  for  pick  # 138.  I  was  hoping  we'd  get  # 138  and  BB  pulled  it  off !!!