Down 24-0, What Were Your Halftime Thoughts?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Down 24-0, What Were Your Halftime Thoughts?

Half time-pounding head ache. Still knew there was a lot of time left in the game and did think the Pats could come back. But... I was po'd too.  One fumble after another just beating themselves. Was so jacked for this game-first half  was a major buzz kill. There was some heated discssion with fellow Pats fans on the import of the game. But we all believed the Pats would not quit... and the second half is now a story for the ages. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I made the conscience decision to switch from sam adams winter lager to a large glass of glenlivet....or 2. It was this action that resulted in our victory! You are welcome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I made the conscience decision to switch from sam adams winter lager to a large glass of glenlivet....or 2. It was this action that resulted in our victory! You are welcome.

[/QUOTE]

Always loved the winter lager.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In China on business trip - got to office about 9:30 pm Boston time, after got settled checked NFL.com and headline showed Broncos 14-0, over pic of Brady sitting on ground watching Denver player running with his fumble. Said to myself - Im glad not watching this. After lunch came back to office and had email from boss that said "Go celebrate tonight, Pats 34-Donkeys 31 in overtime"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was finishing off some SA's Octoberfest. The winter lager is pretty good too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I got up at 2am to watch the game on the dvr and being that I was fast fowarding through halftime there wasn't alot of time for thoughts. They were mostly like- Ridley you ballerina hoser! and damn, Blount got knocked out!  and thank god your head is still attached Tommy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was waiting for it to come out. Heard they just came out with a Sam IPA, but haven't tried it yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 - Got some last Friday... excellent brew!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

New England made a massive number of fumbles, 3, to start the game.  Fumbles tend not to recur.  When New England got terribly behind San Francisco last year, they slammed those touchdowns up on the scoreboard to tie SF with plenty of time left.  I saw no reason why this wouldn't happen against Denver as fast as it happened against Pittsburgh. 

Other hints:  Denver's defensive backfield was becoming more and more dysfunctional as the game progressed, and Jack Del Rio was the new head coach of the Denver Broncos.  BB is good at making halftime adjustments.  Finally, I wasn't seeing Peyton Manning score points as he used to early in the season.  Maybe he was frozen out, maybe the wind was bad, but the Patriot defense was standing firm sometimes.  Moreover, the Broncos were running in the first quarter with the wind at their backs.  

No it's not good to fall behind 24 points, but with this offense 24 points wasn't safe. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 - Got some last Friday... excellent brew!!!

[/QUOTE]
    Hmmm, I love the Boston Lager and Black Lager, but I'm not much for the seasonal brews, I'll have to try the Winter, I just hope it's not cloudy and Fruity like the October Fest

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In China on business trip - got to office about 9:30 pm Boston time, after got settled checked NFL.com and headline showed Broncos 14-0, over pic of Brady sitting on ground watching Denver player running with his fumble. Said to myself - Im glad not watching this. After lunch came back to office and had email from boss that said "Go celebrate tonight, Pats 34-Donkeys 31 in overtime"

[/QUOTE]

You are not alone, ccsjl, when it came to shutting down watching the game in the first half and waking up to a surprise ending.  I watched it all knowing the Pats really weren't being outplayed, those three 1st qtr fumbles and abheration, and it was just a matter of time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I was pretty pissed that the Donkies were ahead but knew that we were gonna make a charge in the second. My GF came over for the first half and you better believe I sent here home during halftime. Now she's never allowed to watch anymore games at my house.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought it was going to be a rough outcome. Altho some fans are saying the Patriots made the mistakes, I give a little more credit to the Broncos defense for making things happen defensively.  The Patriots aren't the only franchise that teaches ball hawking skills - if that means putting a helmut on a ball or taking a swat at Brady's throwing arm.  They also tried to rip the ball from Gronk's arms late in the game while gang tackling.

I do remember AGC reminding everyone of the 49ers game....which was a good way of keeping spirits up.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the nod.

Also, did you watch the ESPN Monday Night Countdown?  A couple comments came out of it regarding the Broncos and if they "didn't" make any second half mistakes, they would have won.  What BS considering no thought was given, it appeared, to the mistakes the Pats made in the first half to give the Broncos the 24 - 0 lead in the first place.  Apologists for Manning and the Broncos, this season's media darling!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I realized that Ridley, Blount and Brady had gifted Denver easy 24 point lead with Peyton only driving the Broncos down the field once. Win or lose, and I was counting on a lose, I thought the Pats would be alright because they were beating themselves and not the other way around. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I never thought about turning the game off though, I wanted to see the Pats develop some offensive rythm. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I'd love to say something silly, like I just knew they were going to come back and win this game.  Honestly though, I thought the football Gods wanted to put us firmly in our place and this was going to be an epic beatdown game.  The kind we used to dole out to teams and the next day everyone outside of NE was crying foul saying we ran the score up and we were unsportsmanlike.  You know, those 50 burger games where the opponents barely scored anything outside of trash time, and Brady was still out there slingin it in the 4th.  That's the kind of night I thought we were in for, and I was beside myself sick over it.  I had just stopped smoking several days before the game, and it was all I could do not to go out on my porch and light up.

At the beginning of the 2nd half, I figured, ok we get the ball and if we can score, maybe just maybe we can somehow turn this thing around.  If we didn't score, or worse coughed the ball up again so Denver could score easy points again I was all done with this game.  Thankfully though, the football Gods were in a very playful mood that evening, and Brady and co. got their collective stuff together. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I HONESTLY THOUGHT ABOUT GOING TO BED BUT I KNEW THERE WAS NO WAY i WOULD BE ABLE TO SLEEP - I AM SO GLAD I STAYED UP AND WACHED THE REST OF THE GAME.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

My honest thought was that it was just one of those nights like the 49ers game last year and that no matter what they did in the 2nd half it was probably too big of a hole to climb out of.

Typically a team has to exert so much greater effort just to get back into the game that they ultimatley are gassed and have nothing left in the end. It was mostly looking like that near the end.

Happy to be wrong and see my favorite team win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think this question is little like "where were you when JFK died"? where you can't forget what you doing, thinking, feeling at those moments. That's how horrible it was watching the 24-0 first half meltdown. 

Myself: 2 thoughts: go to my girlfriends house and f++k her because that seemed better than the abuse I was witnessing. Second thought: don't remember but I was listening to Zo on 98.5 and felt encouraged as he said the D needed to step and get the team some turnovers/stops with a short field for easier TD in view of weather conditions. Zo was exactly right. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I have been fighting the flu and an absess tooth for 4 days.  I went to bed in the middle of the 4th qtr figuring the Pats had a chance.  I couldn't even set up in the chair anymore.  It was good news this morning when I checked the sports.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts