Down 24-0, What Were Your Halftime Thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Down 24-0, What Were Your Halftime Thoughts?

My thought s were, and in this order:

Well, the Pats held them to a field goal on that last drive... there is a chance.

Dang my feet are so cold, glad I bought extra socks at the proshop.

Dang she's hot!

So is she!

Beer or coffee...

Damn it's nice and warm in here...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Can't recall that I've ever turned off a Pats game in my life regardless of how truly bad things were going.  In this case the only time I almost lost it was when Ridley fumbled. I changed his first name so that it started with 'F'. Was really annoyed for most of the first half because Denver wasn't playing all that well and the Pats were beating themselves.  At half-time I'm thinking 'If they can just get their ball security act together there's no reason they can't mount a comeback.' 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

:) Fell asleep after Blount's fumble in the 1st qtr......a very pleasant surprise to wake up after the Pats pulled out the win in OT! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

My thoughts at halftime was our fans our fair weather p*ssies leaving in droves. The worse of the lot are the club seat holders who stayed inside for almost the entire 2nd quarter and a good portion of the 3rd quarter.

hey ghost,

take a bucket, fill it with water and ice, put your feet in it. Now take another bucket and fill it with water and ice and put your face in it. See how long you can stay like that. I saw an awful lot of folks not quite dressed for the weather.

I was there and i don't deny it was cold but most people were leaving because of the score not the weather.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

With Brady there is always a chance.  I was at the Carolina game and after Carolina scored their last touchdown a fan behind me said

"Too bad, you guys came close". 

I said

"What are you talking about?  We have Brady and 59 seconds left.  Not saying we're gonna win but you never count Brady out"

He was looking at me like I was smoking something.  When the Pats were in the redzone with 2 seconds left, all the Carolina fans around us were holding their heads and saying "What the F*** is happening?"

It would have been sweet if we could have pulled off that one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

I thought..."Well, let's see what Mallet has!" 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

My thoughts at halftime was our fans our fair weather p*ssies leaving in droves. The worse of the lot are the club seat holders who stayed inside for almost the entire 2nd quarter and a good portion of the 3rd quarter.

hey ghost,

take a bucket, fill it with water and ice, put your feet in it. Now take another bucket and fill it with water and ice and put your face in it. See how long you can stay like that. I saw an awful lot of folks not quite dressed for the weather.

I was there and i don't deny it was cold but most people were leaving because of the score not the weather.

I was in the club seats but I didn't see a lot of people leave the stadium. They just went into the club from what I saw(the club was packed). But hey, I could be wrong. Maybe everyone on the other side of the stadium left.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Being that I get up at 5am to go to work, I seriously came close to saying "screw this" and going to bed at halftime. Then I remembered some of the other great comebacks (Bruins & Sox) that have happened this year....and said I'll watch one more offensive series to see how they look.

They just kept scoring, and I just kept watching. This should teach anyone to never give up....especially when it's a big game. I was glad to be yawning all day at work yesterday....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: apologize ... but HIghtower SUCKS

posted at 11/24/2013 9:53 PM EST

• coolade2
    • First: 1/14/2006
    • Last: 11/26/2013

hey......!!!!!!!   they figured it out....!!!!    Fletcher makes a tackle.   

BUBYE  highloser...

-------------------

and then...

Re: apologize ... but HIghtower SUCKS

posted at 11/24/2013 10:12 PM EST

• coolade2
    • First: 1/14/2006
    • Last: 11/26/2013

In response to mthurl's comment:

He's done nothing per usual. He looks like the slowest player on the field, but as soon as he makes one single positive play out there all the koolaid drinkers will put him into the hall of fame. This will continue until his rookie contract is up and he leaves without one ounce of interest from the team, then the koolaiders will talk for years about how they never said he was any good.

um....  what does this have to do with koolaid...?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

My halftime thoughts were the pats are doing a jets impersonation, I texted and was on facebook with a bunch of people who were all shocked. I thought third quarter would determine the game, my second thought was Denver did not look as good and with the weather anything was possible. Did I think the pats would come back to win, NO but would not shut the tv off. Great ending and it gives me great hope for this season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Rank the 2013 comebacks: Pats/Broncos, Red Sox/Tigers (Papi slam), Bruins/Leafs Game 7.

Come to think of it, you should add the Celtics comeback in game 3 of the 2002 Eastern Finals gainst the Nets. Down 21 late in the third. And even better the 24 point comeback over the Lakers in game 4 of the 08 finals. That was my favorite. I mean they had nothing in the first half but believed in themselves and won. And one more that we seem to forget. Game 5 of the 2008 ALCS against the Rays. Down 7-1 late in the game. Papi starts it off(of course) with a 3 run hr to cut it to 7-4 and then they just chip away. I believe Coco Crisp tied it and JD Drew got the winning hit.

Great comebacks, and there have been others in other years. Game 6 in the '75 Series was epic as well, Bernie Carbo and all that.

But, limiting it only to 2013, I think you have to go Bruins because it was an elimination game, then the Papi slam game because it was a postseason game that, had they lost, might have been all but an elimination game.

Had the Pats lost, they'd still be fine. We'd just have to put up with more obnoxious trolls and whining.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

my thoughts were 7-4 and what could be done the rest of the season to make up for the mess they made

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Rank the 2013 comebacks: Pats/Broncos, Red Sox/Tigers (Papi slam), Bruins/Leafs Game 7.

Easy...   Bruins/Leafs game 7..  you lose your season is OVAH!!!  There is pressure and it was late in the 3rd period, too!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Truthfully my thoughts were, that was one of the worst halves I've seen the Pats play in a long time. And not because of the score but because they were shooting themselves in the foot royaly. Reminded me of the Jets in a way giving it away. I thought if they got a couple quick scores and a couple bounces went their way they could make it a game and knowing Manning under pressure in the cold we could see a great coming back but I most certainly wouldn't have bet on it or felt it was a certainty. Anyone who says they knew they'd come back is just pounding their chest at this point to say they are the ultimate fan but I bet everyone had a pit in their stomach at that point and everyone was just hoping they could get a couple of scores to have a shot. This was their biggest comeback in the history of the team and it took historic play on both sides of the ball to create that comeback so anyone who was confident they were going to win at the half was drunk or must love to toss everything on 00 at roulete and before the ball drops is already spending the money they plan to win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Besides my cursing for the first 15 minutes of the game, my thoughts were if they don't play better than this in the second half they will be booed by the remaining few who would stay past the third quarter, but I still thought they could win! I live in Florida so I couldn't attend the game. I in all my years of rooting for all of the teams Boston has B's,C's, Sox and Patsies, I have never turned off a game because we were losing, and if I was in attendance I stay until the end of the game. Win,lose or draw these are my teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

With all the offensive fire powers that Denver has, I thought a comeback was very unlikely.  I was just hoping they could put some drives together so that the night wouldn't get ruined completely.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TrustBill's comment:

With all the offensive fire powers that Denver has, I thought a comeback was very unlikely.  I was just hoping they could put some drives together so that the night wouldn't get ruined completely.

Trust me (play on words?), I figured they'd put some drives together and make it a game.  (-;

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

hey ghost,

I always attend Patriots games but usually at the beginning of the season.  They mentioned that it was the coldest regular season game in the history of Gillette Stadium.  All Patriots fans who stayed until the end  really deserve a lot of credit.  I don't believe that I would have lasted more than 2 or at the most 3 qtrs. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAGUAR23. Show JAGUAR23's posts

I GOT SICK,  TOOK A DRIVE THEN IT WAS 28-24, PATS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAGUAR23. Show JAGUAR23's posts

In response to DonHa's comment:

I told my wife that I had enough of this. I went to the compter and started read this forum when somebody mentioned about being a pats fan, and to hang in there. I went back to the den and told my wife "im back and we are going to win this game.

GO PATS 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAGUAR23. Show JAGUAR23's posts

TOOK A DRIVE I GOT SEASICK

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

My only takeaway thought (in the second half, sorry) was that Gronk ran the same route and was in the same intended place for his TD that he would have been except he was pushed, held, and tackled at the end of the Carolina game.  He caught it where the Monday game interception was.  How could those chicken-*** officials have picked up the flag?  It might be a week gone, but it still galls me.  Oh, and I thought Ridley's fumble would have happened no matter who held the ball - the defender led with his helmet, and in the cold the hit on Ridley was probably magnified by X magnitude.  No one could have held onto that.  I'm surprised that there weren't broken bones on a number of plays. I felt bad for the guy. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

hey ghost,

I always attend Patriots games but usually at the beginning of the season.  They mentioned that it was the coldest regular season game in the history of Gillette Stadium.  All Patriots fans who stayed until the end  really deserve a lot of credit.  I don't believe that I would have lasted more than 2 or at the most 3 qtrs. 

It was in no way colder than the 2003 Divisional Rd game vs Tenn.  No way.

I would even argue the 1996 AFC Title game I was at was colder. It was a 4:30 game and it was under 10 degrees by the second half with a wind chill in the negative.

You are probably right.  I believe someone on one of the local tv stations mentioned the weather and that it was record temperatures for a regular season game. 

Sections
Shortcuts