DownTime...When the day comes, Who would you like to see replace Bill Belichick?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: DownTime...When the day comes, Who would you like to see replace Bill Belichick?

PETE CARROLL... we need more cowbell! more noise come playoff time...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: DownTime...When the day comes, Who would you like to see replace Bill Belichick?

Robert Kraft thought differently.

"This is a business of accountability, and two years ago we won the division. Last year we barely made the playoffs and this year we're 8-8," Kraft said. "We need a momentum change."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/01/03/patriots_carroll_ap/

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I like him too. I remember being excited when he first came to Foxboro. We got a taste of the Super Bowl with Parcells and whether it was Pete or Bobby Grier, the results just weren't there. Fortunately, for Pete and the Patriots, success came to both soon after.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbarber1a. Show sbarber1a's posts

Whoever said 'Josh McDaniels' is probably a closet Jets fan. And whoever started this post is a communist!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

WHen Bill decides to retire in five to six years the Pats I hope we take a look at a guy like Urban Meyer or a defensive guru. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Name the 5 franchises.

You did this before and you ran away. I count 3 franchises were he tangibly gained some semblance of success rather quickly:

NYG, NE, NYJ.

In each case, he had the team in a title match within 4 seasons, sometimes sooner (NYJ). The latter because he had BB as coordinator and BB's choice to the lead the Browns at QB, seasons before. lol

Good thing Parcells stole Curtis Martin, too. lol

As for Dallas*

"Parcells would finish his Dallas stint with a 34–32 record and no playoff wins."

*Without BB

The fact of the matter is, the Tuna was better when the cap wasn't as vital.  Since 1993, Bill Parcells has had to pick and choose where he might think he could succeed or make himself look good.

He's like a mini Phil Jackson.  Overrated.  Mediocre without the people that really made him.

In Parcells's case it was LT on defense a slew of very nice complementary pieces and some guy named Bill Belichick who designed defenses to thwart legendary offenses like the 1980s 49ers or 1990s Buffalo Bills.

BB is a better coach and a MUCH better GM.  Fact, based on stats and resume.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: DownTime...When the day comes, Who would you like to see replace Bill Belichick?:
    In Response to Re: DownTime...When the day comes, Who would you like to see replace Bill Belichick? : I actually agree with you about McDaniels.  I'll let you in on a secret, I live in Bronco country and got to follow him and the talk pretty closely.  Although, I personally think that he made a tremendous trade to get rid of Cutler, who was clearly a cancer, get two #1s and a starting QB (I don't think Orton was theri problem), he also handled things here about as poorly as one could.  That being said, I don't think it's a great ownership decision to change up so quickly, regardless if the guy in charge makes you feel a little uneasy.  And WTHdoes John Elway know about running a football team, anyway I see that you have lowered your standards a bit to 'made it to' as opposed to 'won a' superbowl.  Good idea.  If your first argument is shot down, keep changing it until it works.  You know, Parcells has never been to a superbowl w/o Fat Charlie either. Hmmm, interesting.  I guess what you really need to be a successful coach is to have a good staff around you (and it may just help to have an alltime great QB).  And another thing.... why are you so forgiving about how long it takes Romeo or McDaniels to produce a winning team, yet hesitant to give Parcells his due when he gets his teams into the playoffs in 1-2 years?  Seems like a bit of a double standard. No? Romeo had plenty of time.  The reality is, Mangini was better than both of them in his first HC stint.  And I am no Mangini fan.  If you want to look at records, Mangini was better than BB in his first stint.  Your guy, the Tuna, says it best.  "You are what your record says you are."
    Posted by PhatRex

You stalked Josh McDaniels?   What does your mommy do in the greater Denver area?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Bill Cowher and Dungy are the two most overrated coaches of my lifetime.

Rex Ryan is 3rd simply because he was a .500 coach in his first season and had one good season so far.

You'd think the guy had SB rings elsewhere or something.

I always felt Joe Gibbs was very underrated in the pantheon discussions.  He took 3 solid/good QBs to a SB and won with different teams each time.

Pretty impressive. He didn't have the luxury of having a Montana or a Marino.

For legendary HOF coaches from other eras, Don Shula remains very overrated to me.  He ended up just padding his stats for the last 10 years of his career.   He was basically done by the late 1980s.

I'd take Paul Brown over him in 2 seconds or maybe even someone like George Alllen, who basically transformed the LA Rams and led an old Skins team in the 70s.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't think BB would hire Rex Ryan.  Rob Ryan coached in NE, yes. But, Rex is a different.  Way too much of a loose cannon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes, but liking someone and hiring someone in an organization are two different things.

It's sort of like a musician in a band. They have to fit. Rex wouldn't be a fit here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't disagree he knows defense. I disagree with him being a fit here in NE. Not everyone fits here.

That's all.

Randy Moss is one of the few players here, where BB went away from the norm, and stretched the prototype Pats player mold, so to speak.

Pretty short list. 

I also don't think Rex is any better than Marvin Lewis.  Very good defensive mind, solid head coach. Each did a very good job as Def Coordinator in Baltimore.

Sections
Shortcuts