Draft: 1st Round Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread:
    In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : I thought Hightower Played ILB
    Posted by patriots44

Was talking about Jones. Not Hightower. 

Believe me ... I've seen enough of Hightower to know the difference. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Did we not give up the 31st pick for pick 25 or something? IF we didnt thats Amazing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : Was talking about Jones. Not Hightower.  Believe me ... I've seen enough of Hightower to know the difference. 
    Posted by zbellino

coming from a lsu fan it must be bittersweet the pats drafted him!!! lol.  i think bb will play hightower both inside and outside in the 34.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Can this draft get any better?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Did we not give up the 31st pick for pick 25 or something? IF we didnt thats Amazing.
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx

31 is gone. 2 2nds remain, and that's it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Jones starts first game.  It doesn't take any defensive playbook learning to blitz a passer, just take a step outside, go inside, swim move, swat the football somewhere, clean up.  Jones has no real competition at the position.

Hightower has competition in Mayo and Spikes.  We'll see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : If we can find a way to get still and smith then this is one H LL of a draft.
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx

still and jenkins or jeffery for me

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : 31 is gone. 2 2nds remain, and that's it.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

ESPN has us still on the board at 31 though?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So much for those who claimed the D was fine and dandy. You don't trade up twice in the first to address a very specific need unless things are pretty desperate. Good approach from BB. The bargain basement scheme has left his D in a shamble. Might as well roll the dice and sample the top shelf for a change. It would be nice to have a D that isn't a laughing stock.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I though Hightower was a policeman? Dudes gotta be good with a name like that. If Jenkins is still available in the second and we take him I'll scream like a 13 year old girl at a Justin bieber concert.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : That plus the rookie wage scale. NE is basically going for broke. Which might be good.  They filled two of the three huge talent holes they've been trying to game plan around.  #1 Outside WR -- signing Lloyd. #2 Drafting pass rushers in the draft.  All they need to do is shore up the secondary a touch.... maybe grabbing a Harrison SMith if he is hanging around, or snagging the troubled but talented Janoris Jenkins helps answer that.  Schemes can only work around weak talent so much.  BB wants a defense that can force errors out of opponents. I'm lukewarm on the picks ... but love the positional ideas. 
    Posted by zbellino

Of the players available - who would you have liked better?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : That plus the rookie wage scale. NE is basically going for broke. Which might be good.  They filled two of the three huge talent holes they've been trying to game plan around.  #1 Outside WR -- signing Lloyd. #2 Drafting pass rushers in the draft.  All they need to do is shore up the secondary a touch.... maybe grabbing a Harrison SMith if he is hanging around, or snagging the troubled but talented Janoris Jenkins helps answer that.  Schemes can only work around weak talent so much.  BB wants a defense that can force errors out of opponents. I'm lukewarm on the picks ... but love the positional ideas. 
    Posted by zbellino

yup, and this is the year to go for broke, Guys that can play right now, brady will be 35, he has a couple of more good years left but is on his last run, he could win a couple more. they needed to do it right now though because in a few years when he's retired they will probably need more than a couple of players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if those 2nds turn into picks later in this draft, or in future drafts. Belichick will want more picks, and will want ammo for future drafts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

So much for those who claimed the D was fine and dandy. You don't trade up twice in the first to address a very specific need unless things are pretty desperate. Good approach from BB. The bargain basement scheme has left his D in a shamble. Might as well roll the dice and sample the top shelf for a change. It would be nice to have a D that isn't a laughing stock.
    Posted by BabeParilli

i think that everyone here has been calling for defensive players in this draft. i'd like to see a couple more in the 2nd round too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if those 2nds turn into picks later in this draft, or in future drafts. Belichick will want more picks, and will want ammo for future drafts.
    Posted by vertigho

i hope they use them both, or even package them to move up higher in the 2nd round to pick jenkins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Anything we do with our two seconds tomorrow will just be icing on the cake. Trade up, down or completely out, I don't care. BB addressed out biggest need with Hightower/Jones and I am as excited as can be!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I though Hightower was a policeman? Dudes gotta be good with a name like that. If Jenkins is still available in the second and we take him I'll scream like a 13 year old girl at a Justin bieber concert.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

You can't forget Jones!

Is there a Tackleberry and Mahoney in the 2nd round?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : ESPN has us still on the board at 31 though?
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx

Consider the source.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : You can't forget Jones! Is there a Tackleberry and Mahoney in the 2nd round?
    Posted by Rocky

Nice......

Hope Janoris is around in mid second. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I just got off work. Did the Pats draft Bubba Smith?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : Consider the source.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Lol. They changed it. F!ckers got me all excited.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : Lol. They changed it. F!ckers got me all excited.
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx

Don't trust ESPN, they'll steal and eat your child.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: 1st Round Thread : Don't trust ESPN, they'll steal and eat your child.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

ROFLMAO. I would watch it on NFL Network but charter is a piece of Shitee cable company and you have to pay for It.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I'm loving Jones and Hightower as picks. 

We have got perhaps the best LB's in the NFL now. Ninkovich and Jones on the edge with Spikes and Hightower in the middle of 3-4? Awesome. These are great picks. 

No head scratching these ones which is unusual as a Patriots fan during the draft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I'm loving Jones and Hightower as picks.  We have got perhaps the best LB's in the NFL now. Ninkovich and Jones on the edge with Spikes and Hightower in the middle of 3-4? Awesome. These are great picks.  No head scratching these ones which is unusual as a Patriots fan during the draft.
    Posted by mrbungle

Be interesting to see how the rotation works out between Nink, Mayo,Spikes,Hightower, and jones.

Sections
Shortcuts