Draft 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Draft 4

That trade up to 42/44 sounds pretty good to me Faucetman. Some very good OL will end up at 47, but little trades like that happen a lot with the Patriots, especially if they like Unger.

We're going to be really surprised with the quality of prospects that drop to us at every pick we have in the first 3 rounds. There will be multiple great picks at each spot.

It's pretty exciting. And who knows, maybe they draft a great player at 23, and then Beatty ends up at 34 after all.

I'm very curious to learn how the new rules are going to affect the game and the drafting process.

Teams will be throwing over the middle more, because receivers will be better protected. Does this make slot receivers more valuable? Does it make interior linebackers more or less valuable? How does it affect the preferred size of strong safeties?

Any ideas ya'll?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Draft 4

Yeah, I'm hoping they take either a playmaking CB or a playmaking Safety somewhere in the 2nd round.

23 and 34, OLB and OL

47 and 59, Offensive skill position and secondary playmaker

Here's some footage of Jasper Brinkley:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkjy42-SIyI

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Draft 4

Also, have we added a new kick returner this offseason?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Draft 4

Here's a new little video on Maualuga explaining why he's a 3 down linebacker. Interview included:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDJu9tm8OnY&feature=channel_page

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNottingham. Show PatsNottingham's posts

Draft 4

#23 Connor Barwin, love his motor and maturity, he can be impact player and has mold of Vrabel. Clay Matthews is my second pick but he's not going to impact right away.
    #34 Sean Smith, finally a tall and fast safety (James Sanders just doesn't get it done!)

Is Sean Crable ready?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Draft 4

[Quote]Here's a new little video on Maualuga explaining why he's a 3 down linebacker. Interview included:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDJu9tm8OnY&feature=channel_page[/Quote]

The guy is a beast but if he won't be able to understand BB's defense doesn't matter how good he is he'll never be where he needs to be. His D is a control chaos, everyone has an assignment. I think JL is a much better option at ILB for the Pats, I guess I'm one of the few who thinks RM is just too over rated but looking at some mocks people are coming around because most have 3 or 4 LBs getting picked before RM.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

Yep, Brinkley isn't in the same league right now. He is a great athlete, but is fooled often on PA. And he isn't the natural athlete in space that RM is. But anyone who can run a husky lad like Tebow down in his tracks and push him back can certainly stuff a hole.

If Ne can't get a 3-down linebacker up top, and they are going ILB, he would be a decent option to grab as a two down guy, hoping that he can be coached up. One other thing about Brinkley is his size/speed ratio gives him some upside as a pure pass rusher, which would alleviate concerns about him as a real north-south only player.

The biggest thing hurting him is his surgery. Not many people want to take a chance on a guy who already has reconstructed tendons, especially a violent hit man like Brinkley.

But if you compared him to RM, he is the very, very poor mans version. WEll not really, because he might even be a better athlete, but he isn't as good a football player. That is for sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

If Ne is taking a OL at #34 I really hope they can snare Eben Britton, there is a good chance he is off the board then, but I think he is the right fit. I think #34 is likely higher than necessary for Beatty.

I like both of them though. I would wait until #47 or #58 and grab the best guy left, Beatty, Meredith, or very, very unlikely Britton.

I am glad Butler is getting some attention. I always thought he was severly underheralded. He really was a great playmaker for the Huskies. #23 is a touch high, but if he were the kid they wanted it would be worth it for sure.

I still hope they use #23 to jump on the best OLB they can possibly get.

#23 Connor Barwin or Aaron Maybin
    #34 Eben Britton
    #47 Sean Smith (if he lasts)
    #58 Brian Robiskie if not then Trade
    #89 (Trade)
    #97 Asher Allen
    4th C Devin Moore

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Draft 4

Texans might be targeting Clay Matthews so he might be gone by 23, changes a few things and some players moving up:
    #23 Connor Barwin OLB
    #34 James Laurinaitis ILB
    #47 Beatty or Merideth OL (one will be here the other gone)
    #58 Ron Brace DT/NT
    #89 Ramses Barden WR
    #97 Phillip Hunt DE
    4th Rnd Ian Johnson RB
    5th Rnd Lydon Martha OT
    6th Rnd Pierre Banks S
    6th Rnd Morgan Trent CB
    7th Rnd Travis Bright OG

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Draft 4

As much as I love Barwin, if we got Maybin, i would do flips. I just don't see him getting out of the top 10-15 now that he has quieted the doubters from his combine performance with an outstanding pro day.

Outside of possibly Orakpo, Maybin is the premier pass rusher in the draft and would make a huge impact on the Patriots defense. I just don't see any way he gets to #23 though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Draft 4

[Quote]As much as I love Barwin, if we got Maybin, i would do flips. I just don't see him getting out of the top 10-15 now that he has quieted the doubters from his combine performance with an outstanding pro day.

Outside of possibly Orakpo, Maybin is the premier pass rusher in the draft and would make a huge impact on the Patriots defense. I just don't see any way he gets to #23 though.[/Quote]

I think you are right, this mock has Maybin at 11 to Buffalo (great for us) and saw another that has him at 9 to Green Bay. The pro day was the best thing it could have happened to him.

http://newnfldraft.com/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Draft 4

Barwin is visiting Foxboro this weekend, per Mike Reiss. I know it doesn't necessarily mean much, but still, encouraging news to hear that he is at least on the radar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Draft 4

O.K, I have us trading up to #42 (#47, Swap 6th for a 7th) to get Unger, IMO, if Butler is available at #34 we should be all over him. I say we take Barwin in the 1st.

#23 Connor Barwin
    #34 Darius Butler
    #42 Max Unger
    #58 William Moore
    #89 Jasper Brinkley
    #97 Rames Barden

Rd 4 Terrance Taylor
    Rd 5C Brenard Scott
    Rd 6C Rhett Bhomar
    Rd 7 Andy Kemp
    Rd 7 Kevin Huber

Sections