Draft 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Draft 4

#15 Rey Mauluga
    #47 Patrick Chung
    #89 Fenuki Tupoui
    3C Coye Francies

AWESOME

except that w/ Green and Peppers on this team I would rather go O-line or WR @ 89

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

That is on top of feilding RM, Mayo,Thomas, Peppers, Wilfork, Warren and Sey for the best 3-4 in the NFL.

2009 defense could be like the 2007 offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Draft 4

Tupoui is an OT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Draft 4

titletown, that's a draft worthy of cold six-pack.... pun intended!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Draft 4

The more I watch Chung, the more I like him better than all the other safeties.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

I agree. I think whoever passes on Chung is passing on a special talent. I will stick to those guns.

I have been wrong before on thesecalls, but i have also been right. And when I can watch a kid I feel like I can make an eval. Chung is one of those players whose game will translate very, very well to the NFL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Draft 4

I agree with you about Chung, pats-fan, but I'm beginning to think that if Robiskie is still there at 47, we grab him. He could develop into an excellent #2 down the road.

Of course, I'd prefer a hard-hitting safety to play the intimidator role in our defense, but assuming we trade up for RM, that might just be overkill.

You know, I'm okay with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Draft 4

[Quote]Tupoui is an OT[/Quote]

yeah my bad I was thinking of Moala, Tupoui would be a solid 3rd rd pick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

Personally, I would love Chung at 47. But I see NE going in another direction.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

I see nothing in Robiskie that says he couldn't be a #1. The WR draft is terribly deep this season.

6'3" and 4.47 with good hands can translate into a special player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Draft 4

Robiskie @ 47 and Chung/Moore at 58 would be pretty awesome

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

That is if they do not package players to get RM. Then yes. All told, I wouldn't mind hanginng on to #58 and using it. Or packaging it out to next season in some trade.

So next season NE could have . . .
    #whatever
    and

haha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Draft 4

Crazy idea. What if we target Michael Johnson and let him learn from Peppers? We could use the platoon of Bruschi/Guton until Bruschi can't keep going, whereupon we bring back Seau for a SB run, and then next year address the ILB position by drafting Brandon Spikes.

Wow. That sounded a lot more plausible in my head. *grin*

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

I am watching Florida closely next season. I am really interested in how Spikes fairs as a senior. But I love his game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Draft 4

Yeah. When I watch Spikes play, I'm always impressed by his ability to direct the entire defense, get everyone properly lined up, and always, always put himself in position to make a play. Plus he's great in coverage. The knock on him is his top-end speed, but he's projected as a 4.65 guy, which is still a good deal faster than Maualuga or Laurinaitis. Plus he's 6'3 and very trim, which means that he could most likely add to his current 245 playing weight without affecting speed. Since he's only my age (21), he still has some growing and maturing to do physically. Given his instincts and intelligence, I could see him starring alongside Mayo for the next decade.

No matter which way you cut it, I'm pretty excited about the next couple years of Patriots football!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Draft 4

NE works out White

http://profootball.scout.com/2/847842.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

Ihope they don'tget him. That would be a waste of a pick IMO. I would be very dissapointed if I heard his name called anywhere on day one and even round four.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Draft 4

I don't see BB putting anyone behind center besides Brady. Moss said he was super surprised that he got to throw in the steelers game. We all know how BB thinks of Moss.

I saw Barwin had worked out for a AFC East team last week. Do you know if it was us? It was said that he will work out for the Fins.
    I'm not a insider

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Draft 4

Here's a good article/interview with Barwin:
    http://atl.scout.com/2/842405.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Draft 4

Here is a question:

If The Peppers thing happens would the Pats play more 4-3 next year?

I'd like to see them draft a 'backer like Sintim @ 47 b/c he seems like he could play outside in a 3-4 or 4-3 and prob inside in a 3-4.

That gives us the flexibility to put Peppers at OLB/DE depending on where he feels most comfortable (and his mostd evestating) during camp.

Sure he could be the next McGinest, and terrify offenses who never know if he will come put his hand up or drop back and destroy TE's...etc.

But if he's much mess effective at OLB a front 7 of Peppers and Warren on the ends. Seymour and Wilfork inside, Sintim (or another versatile day 1 LBer) and Thomas as OLB's and Mayo inside would prob be amazing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Draft 4

Another?

Jason Taylor and pick 34?

or Peppers?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Draft 4

I'm at the point where I'd rather have Barwin than Peppers. In fact, if we're so excited about a guy like Peppers, why not draft Michael Johnson, who has almost the exact same measurables? In fact, he's slightly faster and put up more reps on the bench press. And we all know that a good 40 time automatically means a better football player, right?

Right.

Seriously, though, I'm starting to change my mind on the whole Peppers trade. I'd prefer to draft a good OLB prospect at a cheap price, rather than take on a guy who may or may not work out but will cost us more than any other LB on the roster.

I just want to add quality impact players at OLB, ILB, S, CB, OL, and WR. If we can cover those via the draft, rather than shelling out for an expensive FA, then I'm all for it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

hmm, tough question.

It is like trying for door number three after knowing what is in #1 and #2.

How much does Taylor have left?
    How good will the draft pick become?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft 4

So pass on the Peppers? IS that the verdict? At this point I could go either way. I see the obvious benefits. But in order to get those you have to plow through a minefield of "ifs" and sacrifice a #34 overall.

If NE were trading like a #3 overall for something like a #33 and Peppers, I would do it. But only because I would never want to pay any rookie #3 money.

Plus, the odds that Peppers ends up in the AFC are slim and none. Unless it is NE. So at least Ne won't have to watch their backs.

If NE wants a Peppers type OLB they should just take a flier on Michael Johnson,his weight is more suitable to the role, and he has the potential to be just as dominant. If he takes sometime to turn OLB, they could just use him as a pass rush guy, and part of dedicated four man nickel fronts, with Mayo and Thomas behind him and an extra CB on the field. It would probably be devastating to teams like Indy who like to have a 3rd WR on the field at all times. Although I hate the fact that Johnson can be run at in this scenario.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Draft 4

Teams can run on him, but is that a product of his skill set (or lack thereof) or poor coaching/technique? I'd like to think that Johnson could learn how to hold up against the run with practice. Heck, if I can manage to hold my own against much bigger guys on the line when I play pickup football just by using proper leverage, then why can't he? He's obviously athletic enough. No college player is a polished prospect right out the gate; and if he is, most likely his ceiling is significantly lower than other players of similiar talent.

Why not gamble on Johnson and hedge our bet with Barwin? Of course, that may leave a top-flight ILB or S out of the question, but I still like Spikes better than Maualuga, so I'd be happy to pick him up next year.

Ahhh! Too many decisions. I'm so glad it's up to BB, not me.