Draft 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: Draft 5

Does anyone think there will be a rookie salary cap next year? If so, and if the opportunity presents itself, It would be great to get 2 or 3 picks in the first round next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone think there will be a rookie salary cap next year? If so, and if the opportunity presents itself, It would be great to get 2 or 3 picks in the first round next year.
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]

What team do you see giving up next years 1st round picks? On a quick guess I see KC trying to make a deal with NE for one of there 2nd round picks. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

What do you guys think the Steelers will do? Ziggy Hood or Rey Maualuga

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Lions will take either Rey, Britton or E. Brown

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

ZB Pats take Patrick Chung your boy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Pat Chung?! I hate  it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Awesome!!!! They just got a star!

So number 41. My other boys. Eben Britton. Connor Barwin. If they leave this draft without Barwin I will be sour. Britton I could lose if they get Meredith.

With four selections I would be ticked if they didn't kick the tires on Ron Brace either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]Awesome!!!! They just got a star! So number 41. My other boys. Eben Britton. Connor Barwin. If they leave this draft without Barwin I will be sour. Britton I could lose if they get Meredith. With four selections I would be ticked if they didn't kick the tires on Ron Brace either.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z, make me feel better. Why Chung?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

The Pats needed a Safety and this pretty much says Rodney Harrison won't be a Patriot this year and he'll probally sign with the Falcons if he does return.

I like the pick, but I'm shocked that Maualuga is still on the board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Think Troy Polomalu, but he played at Oregon instead of USC. If he were from a juggernaut school he would have been a mid first rounder. He was my first safety in the draft, and my third DB.

He is incredibly mature. Incredibly smart for a DB. Has a nose for the ball. Is the best tackler in the draft. The best pound for pound hitter. Has four full years of experience. Was the emotional and mental leader for a great Ducks defense. He has the best most non-stop motor of any defender in the draft. In short I have loved the kid since day one.

But don't believe me. If you haven't seen the ducks watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_37qMvwSMwo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Chung will start in 2009....I think he's a steal at 34.   BB know what he's doing...
    Glamor picks mean nothing to BB.  I just sit back ansd smile...
    No idea what BB is going to do but when he does it..it's like oh yeah, yeah

We've got the best in th business in BB...just sit back a watch a genius do his stuff. Don't even try to predict,  forget your wish list..BB is always steps ahead of everbody...that's why it makes no sense to us mere mortals.

Go Pats !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats needed a Safety and this pretty much says Rodney Harrison won't be a Patriot this year and he'll probally sign with the Falcons if he does return. I like the pick, but I'm shocked that Maualuga is still on the board.
    Posted by jdcfreshkickz9[/QUOTE]

I would rather have the Broncos #1 next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]What station are you guys watching the Draft on? That would be a sweet scenario if the Pats could land Maualuga without moving up. I mean last year Maualuga and Animal Jr could have been top 10 picks and now there falling out of the top 15. F'n Chargers! Merriman and English on the outside wow, at least we won't see them till the playoffs.

On English:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rT-FrBeRBk

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I should know better than to question BB, but isnt the knock on Chung is he is too slow?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

I don't think Rodney Harrison was a speed demon,, was he?  Chung likes to hit and he's smart. Can play both SS & FS.  Sounds like a Patriot to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

What do you guys think Connor Barwin or Jarron Gilbert and my suprise pick is Darius Butler

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

And the pick is Ron Brace

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Nice Ron Brace! Another of my boys. That gives them leverage to let Wilfork go.

C'mon connor Barwin!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

And the next pick is Darius Bulter! What a draft so far whew...........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Awesome! Butler is a  great pick.

I still wonder WTH they are going to do about OLB? Maybe Connor is there at #58? Mayeb they love Cody Brown?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

2 Great picks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Thats what I'm thinking on Barwin and maybe we overhyped him a little bit but I won't be suprised if they trade #58 and move up a little to get him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]And the pick is Ron Brace

Is this the beginning of the end of Vince Wilfolk?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]Think Troy Polomalu, but he played at Oregon instead of USC. If he were from a juggernaut school he would have been a mid first rounder. He was my first safety in the draft, and my third DB. He is incredibly mature. Incredibly smart for a DB. Has a nose for the ball. Is the best tackler in the draft. The best pound for pound hitter. Has four full years of experience. Was the emotional and mental leader for a great Ducks defense. He has the best most non-stop motor of any defender in the draft. In short I have loved the kid since day one. But don't believe me. If you haven't seen the ducks watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_37qMvwSMwo
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the clip. I just hope he is smart as you say he is. He'll need it in the NFL. I know Harrison isnt a speed demon, but he made up for it in smarts. Hope Chung can do the same.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

[QUOTE]     Is this the beginning of the end of Vince Wilfolk?
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I hope not but its leverage for next year.

Good draft so far and hopefully Connor Barwin will be the iceing on the cake. The Pats have three 3rd round picks so trade on of those and move up from 58 and grab him.

Sections
Shortcuts