Draft 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Re: Draft 5

Guys... I very happy....and there is more to come.  I think Chung & Butler may both start in 2009.

Watch BB to trade up to get Barwin...just a hunch...knowing BB..it's wrong  LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Wow....the chess master is holding class....Chung , Brace @ 40 and Butler @ 41....freakin' WOW....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

So down goes Everette Brown. OK. So left as pass-rushers. Connor Barwin. Paul Kruger. Cody Brown. Michael Johnson.

One of these kids will be there at #58. I want at least one.

I like Crable. But I also think they should prepare for the inevitable with AT being 32.

With some good OL, they could have a few good options in the third there.

And maybe a good RB too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Brace is as good if not better at run defense than Wilfork.Maybe Wilfork has a better step to theQB, but not much better. You don't pay two NT's that much. This is all but the end I am afraid. But the bright side is NE doesn't have to play hardball for a player who over-rates his services.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

The Panthers gave up next years 1st for Everette Brown!

So ZB does this mean they resign Seymour and let Wilfork go?

Pat White to the Dolphins ouch but at least the Pats D will be alot faster this year.

I agree that the Pats need to add another LB and AT seems injury prone IMHO. F*ck the Texans drafted Connor Barwin. My guess is that Jarron Gilbert is the Pats pick at #58.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Wrong again... Barwin is gone....  unreal....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I like our picks but I think our biggest need coming in was a pass rusher, either Lawrence Sidbury or Michael Johnson but come on we need one.  We let Barwin go to the Texans, very dissapointed we didn't get him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't know what NE will take at #58. I am hoping it is Paul Kruger, Michael Johnson or Cody Brown.

But they need to pick OL as well -- so Jamon Meredith? Beatty? Kropog?

Yes. I have been saying it for a while. Sey is more valuable than Fork. Players like Sey are rare indeed. Wilfork is more replaceable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Bummed about Barwin, but STOKED about Chung and especially stoked about Butler.  The secondary with those two and Meriweather is going to be great for years.  I think Butler is our next Asante.

We NEED to get a pass rusher.  Michael Johnson, Cody Brown, Lawrence Sidbury, someone needs to be picked at #58.  I'd take Johnson because of his potential, if he is still available.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Brace pick was annoying. Here's an idea.... RESIGN WILFORK!!

Move up 1-2 more spots and you have Maualuga or Britton. That would have been INSANE for pick 38-39. Move up a few picks from 47 (or just do the same deal for pick 40) and Barwin and Sintim are there.... very good value for those two.

Jeez.

Chung and Butler are great picks, flip flopped in the order I thought they'd be on the board, but great picks, our secondary is now nasty.

Had we locked up Wilfork and had Britton waiting to take over for Light or Maualuga/Sintim waiting behind Bruschi or Barwin as maybe the next Vrabel I'd have been so much more excited.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Yea I forgot all about Michael Johnson man that would be a nice pick up but I could see him going to the Falcons or Dolphins before us IMHO. Great draft so far lets hope tomorrow is just as good

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know what NE will take at #58. I am hoping it is Paul Kruger, Michael Johnson or Cody Brown. But they need to pick OL as well -- so Jamon Meredith? Beatty? Kropog? Yes. I have been saying it for a while. Sey is more valuable than Fork. Players like Sey are rare indeed. Wilfork is more replaceable.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I'm very high on Kropog and we should be able to get him in the 3rd.  He is good enough to play LT, maybe not this year but next year he can take over LT and Light moves to RT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Guys, I just got out of work. I was in total darkness until 9:00. Pure misery.

Anyway, still shaking my head about passing on Maualuga. Happy about Brace and Butler. Sad about Barwin, hoping big time for Michael Johnson at 58 but doubt he's there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I was so excited about Barwin that I'm not so much about the picks we made but don't get me wrong we got good football players that will help this year.

What do you guys think about Cody Brown as OLB?  He is still available and could be there in the third

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Michael Johnson or Jarron Gilbert at #58 would be awesome. Come on NE do it!

Arod s*cks you had to work and I think everyone on the board would have loved to haave Maualuga but NE must not of thought he was smart enough to play ILB for them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

1 away and Johnson is still available, the question is do we get him?  As usual I don't think anyone predicted not having any OLB or DE pass rusher drafted by end of day one BB does the unpredictable

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah, I liked Kropog in the third. Ne is prolly going to resign Mankins now. They will likely have space without having to go whole-hog with Fork.

I think Paul Kruger is the best overall OLb/DE right now. But Michael Johnson has upside that the other guys can only dream about.

#58 for a one or two down pass rusher? Not bad.

Ne must feel more comfortable about the Crable platoon. He can rush too.

I am not shaking my head at passing on RM. He got a 15 wonderlic. Does BB want this guy calling keys . . or more importantly not calling keys?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

and the pick is Sebastian Vollmer OL Houston 6'7'' 315

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Dang another guy I liked Kruger is gone

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ouch. Spoke too soon. Baltimore took Kruger. He was my second round kid after Barwin. They got a good player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Ok it's official we don't have the so called coveted pass rusher and get a guy that was projected no lower than 4th round.  What is going on here, well guys I'll see you all tomorrow same batchannel. 

Overall day 1 grade?  B-

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Well NE didn't again man they could of had Michael Johnson, Sean Smith and Jamon Meredith and they take Sea Bass come on!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Haha. Awesome. Sebastian Vollmer. Total freak fo nature tackle. That is an interesting pick. I would have thought they could have had him in the third. So now to think about interior lineman. Kropog is still in play there.

Cook is still on the board. So that is good. This draft is crazy deep. I love the stockpile of third rounders to clean up with tommorow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Vollmer is a very interesting pick.  He's raw, but has a ton of ability.  Hopefully, Scarneccia can take a year and turn him into a dominant tackle.

Other than no pass rusher, good first day.  Need to pick up someone like Michael Johnson or Cody Brown in Round 3.

25. This post has been removed.