Draft A RB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

Draft A RB

I wanna see Jonthan Dwyer or Ryan Matthews in patriots uniform

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Re: Draft A RB

...I'm kind of with you on this, seeing guys like Ray Rice and Shonn Greene have great playoff runs, and being selected in the 2nd and 3rd rounds makes me salivate for a first-second round running back.......you'd think the Pats at some point would need to address SOME of their offensive shortcomings through the draft.  Please, just one sexy pick this year.....I want excitement, not a quiet head nod and muttering "well, I guess that pick makes sense."  However, I'm kind of expecting more of the same!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This is really an off year for RB's.  Plus I think NE needs to address their O-line considering how ineffective Kazcur was to essentially lose his spot to a rookie, and how bad the interior played, how Neal is retiring, and how Matt Light is overpaid. 

A better RB would do a little better than what they have, but not enough. 

A stud OT is a sexy pick. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

First: 3/20/2006
    Last: 1/17/2010

A stud OT is a sexy pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Your same same guy who wanted to trade for Cadillac Williams , Winslow, and pick up Bryant in F/A. Your just gonna keep throwing until you hit something huh. LOL  Im still undecided on where to go in the first round. The only pass rusher I like here is Morgan and hes a d-end, switching from a 34 to 43 is a whole other disscussion. Im really enamored with Earl Thomas from Texas, Ive been watching him and Berry as much as I can and dont see that much of a difference. Right now Berry is more mature and further along in his development. Both are hawks, both can and will tackle, and both have trememdous playmaking skills. I really like Haden as well. This D needs all the help it can get, a pass rush wont help that much without a solid end occupying blockers and stopping the run. And Ill keep saying it, we need help at ILB as much as anything. If a guy like McClain, or Haden is around at say 11-15 their both worth trading up for. Thomas might be around at 22, but I think will go before that. The Pats will draft a running back, but shouldnt in the first round. I dont see much of a difference in terms of overall production between Dywer and Best. If anything Best might be the better of the two in the pros, and will be a value pick at mid-second round. Im all for going o-line in the first if we can get a Williams or Davis, both are considered high 1st rounders. I think we could wait and get Mike Johnson at guard in the second, I really like him and he could be a steal. Im curious to hear what others think about him, reminds me of Seabass in sense that he could be a stud and sleeper for us. We mosdef need help at that spot. Pressure has consistently come inside as well as outside since the last SB loss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Can u say man crush roadking

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Given this is not that good a draft for rb's and that BB seems to prefer running back by committee, maybe just playing it by ear, for now, is best.  Or if not by committee, two reliable backs who can share the load, and one reliable backup when one of these goes down.  The star running back in the NFL seems as much a thing of the past a starting pitcher with 20 complete games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

We aint gonna fill all the voids on this team with a single draft.

As everyone saw this weekend, elite teams have speed, a pass rush, a premier running back, a cover corner, premier special team players, a punter and excellent assistant coaches.

The Patriots have near next to none of these.

And please, could someone put some of the blame on Scott Pioli as well. Just look at the players acquired by draft, trade, and free agency during the 2005-2008 years. Yes, it suks to be a 9 -7, 10-6 team for the foreseeable future, with little chance to advance deep in the playoffs.

Sigh....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

...yeah, yeah.....but I still find it hard to believe that we can't do better than Maroney and the aging retreads we have in the backfield.  I fully expect Pats to go O-Line, but sometimes it's fun to dream......;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

The Patriots got so many HOLES, a RB isn't going to make a difference.

NEEDS.

2 Running Backs
    2 Wide Receivers
    1 Tight End
    1 OL
    5 - 7 new, defensive front liners who can make plays and make impact.  That includes DL, LB, and Secondary.

This team has got problems and the JETS whom I despise are turning into a damn good team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

"This team has got problems and the JETS whom I despise are turning into a damn good team."

I think the Pats are in as good position for the long-term as any other team in the league, in part because BB sacrificed this season so much.

Chung was drafted for the future
    Brace was drafted for the future
    two 3rd round picks were traded away for future 2nd rounders
    Tate was drafted for the future and has first round talent
    Seymour was traded for an excellent future pick

That is a lot of moves designed to improve the future, at the expense of the 2009 season.

And don't forget our outstanding cap situation. This team can be made over in one year, and that top 2011 pick will solidify another 5 year run as a top team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MisterGAS1970. Show MisterGAS1970's posts

We do need a serious running back that can carry the load and take the preasure of the older backs we have on our roster. as much as i love Maroney he just hasn't gotten the job done. we have the abillity to trade out of the first round and get a second and a third round pick giving us some serious vale, and even a couple of serious impact players at a few positions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Please tell me MistergA why you would want to keep trading down? This front office and coaching staff hasnt hit many if any home runs, they've done a bad job in F/A and in the draft. This team is in real need of some studs that can make a difference this year. And we have MAJOR holes everywhere, there isnt one position that were set on besides QB. There are alot of guys worth trading up for in this draft and in past ones. Enough with eevryone slurping BB and the front office, BB is the best coach by far, but has some really hurt us in F/a and the draft/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

It doesnt matter what RB we have if we have a terrible OL. It is mainly built for pass protection, not opening up holes for rb.

Even if you got Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson to come here, they would not accomplish what we would expect from them.  We need a great offensive line and then a RB, although I believe Maroney still has a chance to be a good RB. He needs to get more carries.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I want BB to draft three young backs that can make an instant impact next year, and get rid of all the veteran RB's who allways get injured

And I want to see BB draft aboout 3 more Sebastin Vollmers for the O-line. the pats O-line is too old too.