Draft-Bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

Draft-Bust

Come on...besides Easley (great pick if healthy) - we could of had either Amaro or Nix (could we not have used a another TE of the physicality of Hernandez)?  Woe, cannot believe they let these two get by.  Looks like the Jets could be much improved.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Re: Draft-Bust

Amaro went to the Jets 2nd round pick 49. Only way we could have gotten him was in 1st round or a trade. All the top tight ends went much earlier than projected. We could have only gotten CJ Fedorowicz with our 2nd round pick and many experts had him pegged in 4th round. Austin Sefarian Jenkins, Amaro and Nicklas were long gone when we had our 2nd round pick. If Dominique Easley stays healthy he will be a much better player than any of those guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ultpatfan's comment:

Come on...besides Easley (great pick if healthy) - we could of had either Amaro or Nix (could we not have used a another TE of the physicality of Hernandez)?  Woe, cannot believe they let these two get by.  Looks like the Jets could be much improved.  

Amaro looked average at the combine.

Stories filtered out and about that Nix is already struggling with his weight and that his knees may be suffering from it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Nix dropped like a rock because of it too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Nix dropped like a rock because the NFL is changing and players like Nix are somewhat of a dying breed.  With so much emphasis on spread passing offenses and so much time spent in sub packages it's all about pass rush these days.  If Vince came out this year I think he doesn't go in the 1st round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

You know, it's pretty lame that we are talking about what kind of impact our FIRST ROUNDER may have and when we do we have to inject the phrase: "IF HEALTHY".   Pathetic.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

OK. Let's change it too when he's healthy he will be a sweet change from the years of fat slow DT's that are no help to the DB's.

Looking forward to the speed and at least a lil pressure.

Always Right.....at least in my mind

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

When I saw this I was hoping for a pic of Bortles girlfriends rack  >.<

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to fishers5's comment:

OK. Let's change it too when he's healthy he will be a sweet change from the years of fat slow DT's that are no help to the DB's.

This is a guy who had 5.5 sacks in his 4 YR career!! What pressure and/or sacks are you expecting?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:

This is a guy who had 5.5 sacks in his 4 YR career!! What pressure and/or sacks are you expecting?

I guess you didn't read what BB said about him and how his stats are deceiving.  In the words of BB, he was the guy who often disrupted the play, even if he didn't get the tackle.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Did you watch film on this guy? If you did you wouldn't be this close to jumping off a tall building...the guy is a legit top 10 pick if he didn't hurt his knee last year...they guy is a special player and cannot be blocked one on one...he's got the quickness of a scat back and the strength of Wilfork, incredibly strong arms and hands. Find films on this guy and watch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It reminds me of 2010 when the Patriots passed on Jared Odrick, Jerry Hughes and Sergio Kindle and instead picked special teamer Devin McCourty and Rob Gronkowski who missed his whole senior season with a back injury. Will they ever learn.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

I guess you didn't read what BB said about him and how his stats are deceiving.  In the words of BB, he was the guy who often disrupted the play, even if he didn't get the tackle.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

Just causing QB to either move or get hit..  Either way, it's better than we have watched .

this will be fun to watch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

It reminds me of 2010 when the Patriots passed on Jared Odrick, Jerry Hughes and Sergio Kindle and instead picked special teamer Devin McCourty and Rob Gronkowski who missed his whole senior season with a back injury. Will they ever learn.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Considering Gronk is always hurt in the playoffs when they need him most maybe not.

It could also be like 11' where people wanted Wilkerson or Heyward and they ended up with Ras-I and Vereen

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

No...This truly IS a pretty legit analogy.  According to the mass of less informed/less wishing to do the selection research-filmwork "pundits": DMC was just a Special Teamer, Gronk missed his whole senior year because of Injury and was the #2 or #3 Best TE not the #1, Spikes slow 40 meant that he might not ever see the faster-paced NFL Field of Play, and Hernandez was successful in the collegiate game but WhereInTH and HowInTH could you ever use or ever even want a Pro TE that small, so where would you place him positionally other than that-RB-No...WR-No...?  ...And after this NE drafted No-one, so WhoTH cared/s?!?

That's what was said by far too many. 

Look a Great many say this about EVERY Draft...  And in some respects, I usually follow the draft most of ALL year & FAR too often I'm freakin' disgusted with BB's Drafts, 1 day afterwards...And I'm usually right.  I have NOT been "disgusted" by his Totall Net Take of Total Players I believe will play decent roles for The Patriots, 1 & 1/2 times...  2010 & to a much lesser extent-2012...but still an acceptable draft imo, within 1 day post-draft.  Now?  It's 2 1/2 times...  I grade THIS draft upon-Total Net Take of what I believe to be No-Doubt-Future NE Patriot Decent Field Contributors, just below 1 class-2010.  ...1 Difference, Unlike 2010-The Mass weight of ALL of these Contributors, may & probably WILL be felt less immediately than the 2010 Class...Instead of Day 1=4 Guys Guarenteed...then maybe 5/6 within Years 2-3 in Total...  I believe we're looking at-Day 1, Between 1-2-to-3-4 players...  Still, THAT is decent.  IF I had to bet?  By the end of THIS year, you'll see 2-3 Starters, and maybe 3-4 players playing either starting to 1st sub gametime.  THAT ain't bad.  Year 2 & probably there on out?  I'd wager, you'll see 3-4 Starters, with maybe upwards of 5 of these guys being starters...and in Total a High of 6 seeing significant playing time, with an extreme low of 4.  

THAT imo, is a good draft.  We'll see, right?  ...Alright, I've stood by each & all of my other Day 1 Post Draft Predictions.  Hated '07, '08, '09, '11, and '13...save for 1 or 2 guys.  LOVED 2010, and entitled a thread calling it "The Best Pats Draft in a Decade maybe More."  And I thought and called 2012-"Well Above Average" ('Average' for BB's cr#pshoots for just under a decade, I believe I stated then too). 

This Draft...?  =Nowhere near AS "picturesque-shallow-1st-glance" pretty for me, As 2010.  But upon filmwork of some of these guys and further study of how he traded down but secured a Mass of high "Value" guys whom should have gone and/or should have been graded higher- This IS going to be a Very Good Haul of Pats Contributors...come in all probability, slightly later to develop than More on Day#1-2010 Class...  But in the same vein, MANY will playand Many (in any draft-wise, sense of the understanding) will be good. 

Thoughts...?

Concerns...?

Sections
Shortcuts